We Are Going Down

James1874f

No longer active

Our season is this Friday night. A win against St Lay-down and it becomes a 3 horse race for 2 relegation/play off spots.

However we need luck and determination and goals!

And we will play them both again (Hamilton too) after the split!!!

Edited by George Cowie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

Maroonblood22
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I think a lot of players who’ve came to Hearts have a had a rude awakening.  Maybe they thought the Scottish game would be a nice wee place to play and make decent money but they’ve been caught with their scants down and had their eyes opened to the standards and level of expectancy required at Hearts.  

Some haven’t been able to deal with it or adjust.  If they are now under Stendel, it may be all too late.  

We desperately need to bite and scratch to safety and let the summer be the time we start to get the right character and mentality bred back in the club.  

Aye exactly this mate, and it seems to be a similar story from the previous regime's recruitment. So many players thinking they just have to turn up here to shine!

If you look at our relegation rivals, they don't expect to come out playing silky football, they're used to fighting for every point. The boy Want at CH for Hamilton yesterday was immense and Gogic was battling for everything as well. They have a system of causing trouble up front and battling for everything from the midfield backwards. It might not be pretty but by christ it works for them! We've failed to beat Hamilton in our last 3 attempts (may even be more but can't be arsed looking further back).

I was one of the biggest advocates for Daniel getting the job, but watching the last few games in particular it pains me to say but we still look a shambles on the park. We need that battling mentality instilled urgently!

37 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Did yesterday not give us a strong indication of fate? We seem to keep pushing on to the next game with hope that somehow we will pick up 3 points.

We've been so poor for so long its getting harder to have any belief.

With 11 players hamilton brushed us off the park.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you just hoping for something to change. I'd welcome a play off place now.

Could Hearts go down? Yes, undoubtedly. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise given we've been this awful for this long: not just the past 15 or 16 months, but for over 3 years now.

Will we go down? Probably not, no. I don't base that on anything good about us at all. We're shocking. The first half yesterday was as scandalous a performance as I've ever seen from any Hearts side in a game of such importance. 

I base that on how bad Hamilton and St Mirren are - and over a whole season, squad depth (or, to put it better, squad quantity) usually tells. There's a reason Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs always have to really go some to be in relegation danger in this league. It takes the most mindboggling levels of incompetence on and especially off the pitch.

I might feel differently if we'd lost yesterday - but we didn't. Our opponents blew a 2-goal lead and the chance to go 4 points clear of us. And our opponents were a pub team who aren't going to go on any kind of run themselves.

Is it Stendel's fault? No. I have a basic rule which says it's completely unreasonable to blame any manager before they've had their own preseason: which gives them a proper chance to get their ideas across and bring in their own players. I do have grave doubts about the wisdom of playing this kind of way in the wind and rain of the Scottish winter on the narrowest pitch in the league - but while it'll lose games and goals, it'll probably win games too. And 3 points every now and then is better than draws from being "hard to beat".

Maybe we'll pick up a bit when the weather improves. This is probably gonna go to the wire - but 10th remains likelier than 12th at this point. The real responsibility lies with Levein, Budge and others for somehow getting the club into this incredible state in the first place. Their negligence has been absolutely astonishing.

I'll admit I arrogantly thought we'd turned the corner and would shoot up the league after the Newco victory and performance. I was very wrong.

But (removing blind optimism) statistically and factually there is nothing to suggest we will pull away from Hamilton or St Midden. In fact I was surprised to see that technically we're conceding more goals, winning less games, winning less points and two positions lower since Stendel came in 11 games ago and have scored on average the exact same. All KPIs are bleak as ****.

Edited by JimCornette
Wee correction

The rat catcher
14 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Could Hearts go down? Yes, undoubtedly. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise given we've been this awful for this long: not just the past 15 or 16 months, but for over 3 years now.

Will we go down? Probably not, no. I don't base that on anything good about us at all. We're shocking. The first half yesterday was as scandalous a performance as I've ever seen from any Hearts side in a game of such importance. 

I base that on how bad Hamilton and St Mirren are - and over a whole season, squad depth (or, to put it better, squad quantity) usually tells. There's a reason Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs always have to really go some to be in relegation danger in this league. It takes the most mindboggling levels of incompetence on and especially off the pitch.

I might feel differently if we'd lost yesterday - but we didn't. Our opponents blew a 2-goal lead and the chance to go 4 points clear of us. And our opponents were a pub team who aren't going to go on any kind of run themselves.

Is it Stendel's fault? No. I have a basic rule which says it's completely unreasonable to blame any manager before they've had their own preseason: which gives them a proper chance to get their ideas across and bring in their own players. I do have grave doubts about the wisdom of playing this kind of way in the wind and rain of the Scottish winter on the narrowest pitch in the league - but while it'll lose games and goals, it'll probably win games too. And 3 points every now and then is better than draws from being "hard to beat".

Maybe we'll pick up a bit when the weather improves. This is probably gonna go to the wire - but 10th remains likelier than 12th at this point. The real responsibility lies with Levein, Budge and others for somehow getting the club into this incredible state in the first place. Their negligence has been absolutely astonishing.

Far too sensible a post. The pantwetters won’t like it.

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you just hoping for something to change. I'd welcome a play off place now.

With the squad we have I think we need to avoid the play off spot. Its 10th or bust. I classed yesterday as must win, ended up walking back to the car glad we took a point, it might just be the point that keeps us up. Problem is, to a man accies outplayed us until the red card, and thats on OUR pitch, not their shitey plastic carpet which gives them an advantage. Onto our next must win on friday. Once again I'll turn up hoping for a miracle and 3 points coz miracles is what we need right now coz nobody, nobody at all is lifting those 11 players to achieve more than mediocrity.

1 hour ago, Balernojambo said:

Too simple to say that.  Berra would have been massively exposed in the first 20 minutes yesterday.  I am not saying Halkett and Souttar weren't but thinking Berra would have made a major difference is forgetful at best.

Last 2 home games their own centres have won a lot of balls in the air. 

Too many false dawns, too many false players,  no bounce from new manager or Rangers win, after yesterday are we going down? Fail to win on Friday and sadly yes..

47 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Good post. We were all disappointed yesterday but we really should have won. It doesn't help when the opposition are allowed to score the opening goal which was blatantly offside. The team is obviously lacking in confidence at the moment and one good result will hopefully see us turn the corner. We now have a decent run of fixtures and although Zlam

6 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Good post. We were all disappointed yesterday but we really should have won. It doesn't help when the opposition are allowed to score the opening goal which was blatantly offside. The team is obviously lacking in confidence at the moment and one good result will hopefully see us turn the corner. We now have a decent run of fixtures and although Zlam

Did you run out of battery?

Jambo in Bathgate

Saw Stendel yesterday telling Halkett to go up front made a big difference. Ariel power. Should we be playing him there from the start and move Smith back. 

5 minutes ago, pwphillips said:

Saw Stendel yesterday telling Halkett to go up front made a big difference. Ariel power. Should we be playing him there from the start and move Smith back. 

I suppose it depends on how much Stendel trusts Dikamona to play at the back. He seems to want Smith in midfield unless Sibbick is back fit and ready for Fiday.

33 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

With the squad we have I think we need to avoid the play off spot. Its 10th or bust. I classed yesterday as must win, ended up walking back to the car glad we took a point, it might just be the point that keeps us up. Problem is, to a man accies outplayed us until the red card, and thats on OUR pitch, not their shitey plastic carpet which gives them an advantage. Onto our next must win on friday. Once again I'll turn up hoping for a miracle and 3 points coz miracles is what we need right now coz nobody, nobody at all is lifting those 11 players to achieve more than mediocrity.

Hats off to you and all the other jambos going to Paisley. At the moment I don't think I can bring myself to watch it on the telly far less live in person.

Dundee in the play offs Berra, loan now over , back at Hearts and relegates us with another og best worst case scenario I could think of over a few pints post match last night.

Can't seeing us making 10th, i had  thought Ross County were in free fall but they rescued a point in the last minute yesterday.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Hats off to you and all the other jambos going to Paisley. At the moment I don't think I can bring myself to watch it on the telly far less live in person.

Dundee in the play offs Berra, loan now over , back at Hearts and relegates us with another og best worst case scenario I could think of over a few pints post match last night.

Can't seeing us making 10th, i had  thought Ross County were in free fall but they rescued a point in the last minute yesterday.

By half time yesterday the 4 in our group were questioning our sanity in buying st midden tickets!!

Off our bloody heads!!

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

By half time yesterday the 4 in our group were questioning our sanity in buying st midden tickets!!

Off our bloody heads!!

3 in our group going too, I would have gone if it had been a Saturday.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

3 in our group going too, I would have gone if it had been a Saturday.

Keep thinking at some point we will click and everyone will do their jobs and make no mistakes but it just keeps not happening. Its beginning to feel like we are fated to go down. I'm started to accept that it might be for the best but I cant see how.

I do know I want levein gone and budge replaced with someone who knows football. I'd love to take burrows from Motherwell but not sure he'd leave them.

We are so rubbish at moment our decent players are being pulled down by the poor ones. 

In the last 3 games neither Halkett or Soutter look like ever winning a high ball.

Naismith is not dictating the play as i would expect.

Boyce is injured but he played.

The last 2 or 3 seasons were summed up in the game yesterday. Clueless decision making, senior players unable to pass to each other, crossing for crossing sake. 

we have too many lightweight  players and not enough players up for a relegation battle.

After yesterday I honestly thought relegation would be best for us. 
Move on everybody we can. Keep a relative few and let Stendel rebuild his own team. Too many of that current lot have a losers mentality to be kept on

You can coach as much as you like but when Hickey picked the ball up and had an easy ball up the line to Walker but instead plays it back, Bobby ends up putting Souttar under pressure he loses it and then Clare commits a stupid foul, the players need to take responsibility

Our precious lifeline is the structure of this league and the general weakness of Hamilton, St Mirren and to a certain extent Ross County. Both the split and the favourable play off structure does mean that it will require unimaginable levels of incompetence for us to get relegated. However, the evidence to date is that we are demonstrating exactly the level of incompetence required.

We still have chances but we have passed on so many chances so far. Celtic and Rangers aside all of our recent matches have been against the bottom six sides round about us and we have done next to nothing. The only positive is that things haven’t got any worse. Win on Friday and we have a tiny platform to build on but sooner or later the teams near us will pick up the odd win. Where is our next ‘odd’ win coming from?

Edited by JamboGraham

22 minutes ago, Bozi said:

You can coach as much as you like but when Hickey picked the ball up and had an easy ball up the line to Walker but instead plays it back, Bobby ends up putting Souttar under pressure he loses it and then Clare commits a stupid foul, the players need to take responsibility

Correct decision making was poor yesterday 👍 this guy gets it. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I would take the play off spot in a heartbeat right now 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I would take the play off spot in a heartbeat right now 

I dont think I could cope with a play off!!!!

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct decision making was poor yesterday 👍 this guy gets it. 

Not just yesterday. Collective poor decisions run back over a year!!! Never known as phase like this.

1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

Yes we should have won , think that gets forgotten . Media narrative , correctly so , was all about Hamilton defending so well.

We all , at times , have to play with 10 men , rightly or wrongly . Bit of luck , which we didn't get yesterday , and we win . Not deserved but that's football .

Not wanting to use linesman as an excuse , but that was one of the most bizarre performances yesterday 

Just out of ahem curiosity, would the play off home game be included in the ST games? Asking for a friend like...

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

I beg to differ on your summary of that. Hickey wanted to pass the ball forward to Naismith not Walker who was not making himself available for the ball and I don't think Hickey wanted to just lump the ball forward which in hindsight would have been the best option.

His pass back was poor but hardly his fault. I thought Naismith was very poor yesterday and spent most of his time shouting and moaning at other players a lot of the time when it was not their fault.

I think he is a leader on the pitch but I am not convinced  that making him Captain was a good idea. It seems to be affecting his game.

5 minutes ago, poultry said:

We will NOT be relegated. 

Give me your thought out valid reasons for your belief please.

2 hours ago, Mundaydog said:

We are so rubbish at moment our decent players are being pulled down by the poor ones. 

In the last 3 games neither Halkett or Soutter look like ever winning a high ball.

Naismith is not dictating the play as i would expect.

Boyce is injured but he played.

The last 2 or 3 seasons were summed up in the game yesterday. Clueless decision making, senior players unable to pass to each other, crossing for crossing sake. 

we have too many lightweight  players and not enough players up for a relegation battle.

After yesterday I honestly thought relegation would be best for us. 
Move on everybody we can. Keep a relative few and let Stendel rebuild his own team. Too many of that current lot have a losers mentality to be kept on

Good idea. Keep the manager who got us relegated and let him bring in a squad full of jokers like Langer and Avidjaj ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Give me your thought out valid reasons for your belief please.

Could it just be that poster wants to be positive and is refusing to be as gloomy and downcast as others. Surely that is a preferable attitude to that of a downbeat and miserable *******.

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Good idea. Keep the manager who got us relegated and let him bring in a squad full of jokers like Langer and Avidjaj ...

The guys been able to sign four players only after we’ve managed to shift Levein’s dross to Scottish League One, etc. Not to mention that our pulling power was at an all time low in January trying to attract players to relegation candidates. 

Boyce and Sibbick seem like good signings, so even if the other two are mince, a 50% success rate is something we could only have dreamed of from previous transfer windows. 

Results haven’t been good enough so far under Stendel, but having a go at the recruitment is pretty far wide of the mark imo. 

15 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The guys been able to sign four players only after we’ve managed to shift Levein’s dross to Scottish League One, etc. Not to mention that our pulling power was at an all time low in January trying to attract players to relegation candidates. 

Boyce and Sibbick seem like good signings, so even if the other two are mince, a 50% success rate is something we could only have dreamed of from previous transfer windows. 

Results haven’t been good enough so far under Stendel, but having a go at the recruitment is pretty far wide of the mark imo. 

Stendel didn’t sign Boyce and Sibbick is on his death bed ...

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We’re not down yet, we’re still in the fight. A lot of games to play. 

Less and less games every time we make a ***** of the must win ones!!! Did we look up for the fight at 2 down yesterday.......no we did not.

Tokyo Drifter

The teams in 8th, 9th and 10th spot have all scored fewer goals than us and Killie have only score one more. If we stop conceding goals so easily we'll start winning games. As ever, it's the draws that are dragging us down.

Jambof3tornado
52 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Love to know exactly how supportive Ann was in getting stendels targets in!! Boyce was a no brainer...I only hope he sticks with us should we go down.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Love to know exactly how supportive Ann was in getting stendels targets in!! Boyce was a no brainer...I only hope he sticks with us should we go down.

Why on earth would we keep him if we are relegated?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why on earth would we keep him if we are relegated?

Why would we keep boyce if we go down??? Maybe because he's a goalscorer and we'll need one to get back out the championship??

17 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And jeez did the Hamilton players do that today! They defended as if their life depended on it - I don’t think our players have that in them.

Nah. Boys like Souttar think they are above relegation battles imo. 

I started following Hearts 1982-3 season I think when we were in the first Division and we’ve only been relegated once since and that was with a 15 point deduction.

I don’t think we’ve ever looked more like going down again than we have this season IMO. We need to fight for everything like our rivals will