James1874f

Scottie Wanshot.
On 15/02/2020 at 15:41, Leveins Battalion said:

Change of everything required.

CEO

Management

Players

All needed.

if we do go down, Stendel should go straight away, try his highprees somewhere else. After all its him that kept playing Pereira that cost us loads of goals.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Mate, if you're constantly being accused of being nothing but a troll, that tells you there is an issue with you, not those accusing you.

That’s quite an assumption to make. I take it you’re not a detective. 

As is quite clear to see on here at times, innocent posters can be rounded upon by keyboard warriors who can quickly pick up the wrong end of the stick. Just because a group of people jump to the same apparent conclusion doesn’t mean they’re correct.

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

As it stands we are bottom of the league and we are not picking up more points than the teams above us. 

It’s difficult to see how that is suddenly going to change so I think we will most likely go down. 

Well done Mrs Budge ☹️

Now you don't need me to tell you that is a pile of manure you just came out with there ... over the last five games we have collected two points more than Hamilton have. Not earth shattering but we are actually on the up. I think we were unlucky to have the game vs St Mirren postponed a win there would have been a huge boost. I just do not get the negativity on here to be honest we are not going great but things can change. Just to exemplify that I will turn a fact on its head . As stated by another poster above Hearts were at the top of the div having not lost a game between Oct and Jan 18/19 ... then the wheels fell off not one poster on here saw that coming... so therefore is it not possible that exactly the same thing could happen only the other way about and we go on a winning run ?

edit

I have come to the conclusion that there are some sad sacks on here that actually derive some twisted pleasure out of wringing their hands or possibly bashing summat else while muttering we are going down... we are going down:laugh2:

Edited by jock _turd

26 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The big worry we have been shit for so long we would struggle in the championship 

I don't believe that.  But let's not find out!

2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

That’s quite an assumption to make. I take it you’re not a detective. 

As is quite clear to see on here at times, innocent posters can be rounded upon by keyboard warriors who can quickly pick up the wrong end of the stick. Just because a group of people jump to the same apparent conclusion doesn’t mean they’re correct.

Sherlock Holmes he aint!

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The big worry we have been shit for so long we would struggle in the championship 

If only there was a time we could look back on within the last 5 years or so when we got relegated after being shit for a long time and we turned it around and dominated the Championship.

I get circumstances were different and we were pulling together then, but there's nothing to stop us pulling together again unless fans plan to go along and boo every week just for the hell of it?

A better comparison is Hibs getting relegated (twice). Both times, when they didn't have rivals of a similar size in the division, they came back up with very little drama.

And, for all the criticism of Budge, the one thing she has succeeded in on the pitch is presiding over quick promotion  from the Championship. So you'd hope she could do it again.

My concern would be Stendel not being up to that, as Laslo wasn't for D Utd. The Championship is no place for rigid footballing philosophies. It needs a no-nonsense approach and a knowledge of Scottish football.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

To be fair on Stendel, he's only had a 5 month plan, Levein got to see out a 5 year plan and is still hanging about. 

To be fair to Stendel he's had a number of players come back from injury and (so far) he has failed to turn it around.

To be fair to Levein he asked to be judged once key players came back from injury. He didn't get the chance.

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

To be fair to Stendel he's had a number of players come back from injury and (so far) he has failed to turn it around.

To be fair to Levein he asked to be judged once key players came back from injury. He didn't get the chance.

Can we not just judge him on being an utterly shite manager?  Check out some of the players he had available at the start of the season by the way in the league cup and league when we were still equally shite.  Or when they came back from injury last season and we were still shite.  Turn it around, my arse!

6 hours ago, Masonic said:

aim has to be 10th unless we lose at st mirren its a play off best case scenario

St Midden are six points ahead with a game in hand. We have 3 wins in 28 league games, only one victory against a bottom six side this season, no away wins outside of Leith in a rolling 12 months and a squad of players who are shot of confidence and have questionable mental and technical ability - I'd bite your hand off for 10th but neither my head nor my heart can see us doing better than 11th. Bad times.

Edited by JimCornette
Wee change

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 hours ago, JimCornette said:

St Midden are six points ahead with a game in hand. We have 3 wins in 28 league games, only one victory against a bottom six side this season, no away wins outside of Leith in a rolling 12 months and a squad of players who are shot of confidence and have questionable mental and technical ability - I'd bite your hand off for 10th but neither my head nor my heart can see us doing better than 11th. Bad times.

St lie down don't have a game in hand at all.

15 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

umm no - the issue is with the name callers/bullies on here - only a select few do it but they are the problem

giphy.gif

That Motherwell result really is a bitter blow to our survival chances.  Looks like a straight dogfight between us and Hamilton now, with best result being the lottery of the playoffs.  Would we have the guts to fight a hungry Championship team riding high from a good season and play-off campaign?  

16 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

The derby is a must win game now.  If we lose on Saturday and lose the derby I think we’ll go down.

Another must win game on an ever growing list now. We haven’t won any of these must win games yet. I genuinely now fear for us now. 

9 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Clearly looking for a nibble. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

St lie down don't have a game in hand at all.

Oh aye, but they have a game in hand over Hamilton though, so could put further distance from the bottom two. I reckon we can scrape 11th with a bit of luck.  

Just now, JimCornette said:

Oh aye, but they have a game in hand over Hamilton though, so could put further distance from the bottom two. I reckon we can scrape 11th with a bit of luck.  

Their game in hand over Hamilton is against us so let’s hope not eh ?

Jambof3tornado
17 hours ago, weehammy said:

Just like the Ross County game and the St Johnstone game and the Kilmarnock game and the Hamilton game and the St Mirren game (until postponed).

But we haven’t won any of our ‘must wins’!

This. Never lost so many "must wins" in a season!!

Jambof3tornado
10 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Trying too hard Mr Levein!!

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm still trying to comprehend, that JiH will be 50 years old this year.

I thought he was about 20 years younger than that. 

Wow!   Honestly thought he was like 15.

Edited by Randy Marsh

6 hours ago, Barack said:

I'm still trying to comprehend, that JiH will be 50 years old this year.

I thought he was about 20 years younger than that. 

We should throw him a party behind the Wheatfield

Tenaciousdandy
7 hours ago, JimCornette said:

The game in hand of Hamilton is against us, if we beat St Mirren in the replay we'll only be 3 points off them, still to play them and Hamilton again before the of the season also so still we'll within reach of 10th, plus the run of games that hamilton and St Mirren have up to the split cant see them pickng up many points

Edited by Dandyman79

7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Ross County.

St. Mirren beat Dundee United in the play off on penalties.

Thank you. So does the 11th place usually beat the team from the championship?

4 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Didn’t work for hibs

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

4th in Championship plays'at home first v. 3rd, then reverse

Winner is home v. 2nd in Championship first.

Winner is home first v. 11th in Premiership.

Weighted in favour of Premiership team who tend to win.

Look up what happened in 2014 and Hibs and Hamilton though.

I think that's unfair on the championship teams as they have more matches to play.  I suppose it makes the top of the championship  more exciting  

On 18/02/2020 at 02:00, James1874f said:

😂😂 we have won three games in the league all season 2 of them at home and you think we will win our next 2 away league games, hope you are a betting man because I’ll bet on that 

I'll be on us on Tuesday, I reckon we'll get at least a draw. History is on our side.

On 27/02/2020 at 17:53, Redhelen said:

I think that's unfair on the championship teams as they have more matches to play.  I suppose it makes the top of the championship  more exciting  

It’s designed to favour the premiership team. 

On 27/02/2020 at 17:53, Redhelen said:

The only Slight down side is the premiership team is idle for 3 weeks before they play again

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The only Slight down side is the premiership team is idle for 3 weeks before they play again

In theory should be fresh and rested. Hope it doesnternational one to that for you. I'm still got my fingers tightly crossed we both survive. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Might have been the case in previous years, but definitely isn't this year. The 2nd leg of the 2nd vs 3rd/4th game is scheduled for Saturday 16 May. This is the same day as the final set of bottom six fixtures.

The second last round of league games is on Tuesday 13th May, the same days as the first leg of that play-off 'semi-final'. The only difference is that if one of the 3rd/ 4th place team gets through to the final they will have played the quarter finals on 6th and 10th May. We will have a break between 2nd May and 13th May unless we reach the cup final which is on 9th May this year (due to Hampden being used for Euro2020). The 2nd place team in the Championship will also have had that break.

The play-off final first leg is scheduled for the Wednesday (20th) following the final set of fixtures, with the 2nd leg on Sunday 24th.

All dates here: https://spfl.co.uk/pages/key-dates

It's play-off at the best I'm afraid.    We might end up looking back and realising that Hamilton player's sending off saved us.    I think we would win a play-off ok.    80% or so on that.   

Austin MacGlee
On 27/02/2020 at 17:51, DETTY29 said:

4th in Championship plays'at home first v. 3rd, then reverse

Winner is home v. 2nd in Championship first.

Winner is home first v. 11th in Premiership.

Weighted in favour of Premiership team who tend to win.

Look up what happened in 2014 and Hibs and Hamilton though.

Did Partick not also go down via the play offs against Livi? I'm sure they did.

6 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Yep they were the other one that I can think of.

If we are fortunate enough to survive due to a playoff.....under absolutely no circumstances should Hearts celebrate behind one of those pathetic play off winner boards

That would be the ultimate embarrassment 

we win and go off the park, **** what the TV companies want

Just now, jbee647 said:

If we are fortunate enough to survive due to a playoff.....under absolutely no circumstances should Hearts celebrate behind one of those pathetic play off winner boards

**** that. It’s party time. Something to celebrate sounds fantastic right now. 😀

2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Oaft. :lol:

This is the mentality our club needs rid of. This is what the players at our club think. "We are above this."

Folk need to wake up. We are ****ing shite and deserve to be where we are. If we survive the play offs then i'm fairly sure the players will have to have the photo done.

26 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Had a quick look and Premier team has won 4 of 6 play-offs. The final column below is the league place of the Championship that made it to the final. Again 4 out of 6 times the 2nd place team has made the final. 4th place team has never made it and 3rd place team has never been able to beat the Premier team.

Oh and Hibs I think have the unique claim to being the only team relegated through the play-offs and failed to be promoted through the play-offs (lost in the semi). Fun fact for a Saturday. Another Hibs first.

Year Winner Prem Champ Champ place
18/19 Premier St Mirren Dundee Utd 2nd
17/18 Champ Partick Livi 2nd
16/17 Premier Hamilton Dundee Utd 3rd
15/16 Premier Kilmarnock Falkirk 2nd
14/15 Premier Motherwell Rangers 3rd
13/14 Champ Hibs Hamilton 2nd

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Agreed.   But neither should we as fans  belittle the occasion for the other team by assuming we're not supposed to be there.   If we won a play off then we should all be mighty thankful for it.

NaturalOrder74
On 27/02/2020 at 17:46, Redhelen said:

the team in the championship have to play 2-4 games over the space of about a week or two before playing the team from the 11th place team and usually struggle 

Austin MacGlee
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Had a quick look and Premier team has won 4 of 6 play-offs. The final column below is the league place of the Championship that made it to the final. Again 4 out of 6 times the 2nd place team has made the final. 4th place team has never made it and 3rd place team has never been able to beat the Premier team.

Oh and Hibs I think have the unique claim to being the only team relegated through the play-offs and failed to be promoted through the play-offs (lost in the semi). Fun fact for a Saturday. Another Hibs first.

Year Winner Prem Champ Champ place
18/19 Premier St Mirren Dundee Utd 2nd
17/18 Champ Partick Livi 2nd
16/17 Premier Hamilton Dundee Utd 3rd
15/16 Premier Kilmarnock Falkirk 2nd
14/15 Premier Motherwell Rangers 3rd
13/14 Champ Hibs Hamilton 2nd

Love getting stats like this, thanks a lot 👍

As for Hibs...****ing comedy club and no matter how bad we are or ever will be we will never be as embarrassing as those absolute cretins.

• 2 weeks later...

Called it earlier in the thread we will finish 11th at best 😑 if these shitebags can pull themselves there that is 

buzzbomb1958
On 29/02/2020 at 13:17, Victorian said:

It's play-off at the best I'm afraid.    We might end up looking back and realising that Hamilton player's sending off saved us.    I think we would win a play-off ok.    80% or so on that.   

No chance this bunch of losers couldn't win a raffle if they were the only ticket holder