We Are Going Down

James1874f

12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No. Far from it. What I’m saying, is:

1) Levein failed.

2) Now Stendel is failing.

Too many people have refused to move on from point 1) and are still trying to ignore point 2) being a different problem to point 1).

Trying to blame Levein for our current shite performances is a total cop out. It’s like folk were so swept up in the hysteria around Levein, they thought that removing him was more important than replacing him. Now when his replacement is failing, everyone is still too fixated on the Levein out stuff and they aren’t watching what’s going on with the new guy. (Not you - that last part).

I can't agree Stendel is failing (not yet) his sole objective must be to keep us up, if he achieves that then he's not failed, admittedly its doesn't look good. But we cannot absolve Levein of the blame now he's not manager he has put us here and his shite players and players with stinking attitudes are being used because that's all we've got. While its there to protect the club from financial troubles knowing that a lot of these players have relegation clauses fills me with fear, what incentive to they have to keep us up? 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Nicholas Brody said:

jHzyDaHl.jpg

Form guide for this year btw.

Let's hope that pattern continues until the end of the season 

Bazzas right boot

jHzyDaHl.jpg

If we'd beaten Killie our form would be ok, even with that draw at the weekend. 

Small margins. 

jHzyDaHl.jpg

Better than I thought to be honest. Still pish though.

Hopefully we decide on a retrospective switch to a January to December league set up, and we can maintain this lukewarm form.

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just stating a wee fact. 

Unsure why that annoys some. 

If CL taken us bottom, he then got us off bottom. 

He never left us bottom. 

Hopefully Stendel can get us off bottom after taking us there. 

Doesn't annoy me at all but the levein chat been done to death on both sides of the argument ! We are where we are now and need results to get us out of it and the people responsible to do that are Daniel stendel, the coaching staff and the players 

Edited by Selkirkhmfc1874

Nicholas Brody
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Nice cherry-picking there, mate !

Two can play at that game etc !

😄

I'm sorry, what am I cherry picking?

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we'd beaten Killie our form would be ok, even with that draw at the weekend. 

Small margins. 

Yeah should've won against Aberdeen and Ross County second half away from home, had more than enough chances to win, and on Saturday. 

Nicholas Brody
16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Better than I thought to be honest. Still pish though.

Hopefully we decide on a retrospective switch to a January to December league set up, and we can maintain this lukewarm form.

I fully endorse that idea.

51 minutes ago, Cade said:

Do we have enough centre backs to move to a back 3 and then use Clare and Walker(?) as wingbacks?

Then we can still bomb forwards the way Stendel wants but leave an extra man back to cover.

Just about. I've wanted a three at back, however, the system can work in a four-four-two as well. Smith at right back, Dikamona right side of defence, Souttar left side and Hickey left back.

Clare wide right (with Smith behind covering any mistakes) Sibbick and Halkett in the middle and Walker wide left.

Naismith and Boyce up front.

Smith was always his consistent best at right back, Dikamona is uncomfortable on the left as proved at Falkirk so needs to play on the right, Sibbick looked his best so far against Rangers in the first half playing in there and looked uncomfortable when he moved to left back, Clare is better concentrating on getting forward than having to do both defending and attacking, Halkett is a better attacker than defender (even an option to use up front and scores more than Washington and Ikpeazu), Walker can play off the left and link with Naismith, Hickey and Boyce. The squad is there so there is no excuse. Whether it's a three at the back or flat back four the system can work. There is just about enough quality available, we just need to stop using Clare in a defensive way.

Edited by jambonian

56 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No. Far from it. What I’m saying, is:

1) Levein failed.

2) Now Stendel is failing.

Too many people have refused to move on from point 1) and are still trying to ignore point 2) being a different problem to point 1).

Trying to blame Levein for our current shite performances is a total cop out. It’s like folk were so swept up in the hysteria around Levein, they thought that removing him was more important than replacing him. Now when his replacement is failing, everyone is still too fixated on the Levein out stuff and they aren’t watching what’s going on with the new guy. (Not you - that last part).

Exactly. The improvement has been minimal other lots more goals in our games. Stendels philosophy may be sound but he must realise after 12 games that the current crop of players are struggling to get it. So what does he do, continue as is or try a plan B if he has one? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Honestly this sinister bogeyman characterisation some of you are determined to create is about the most paranoid and delusional stuff I’ve ever seen on here. You’d think we were talking about the Child Catcher, John Wayne Gacy and ****ing Skeletor all wrapped in to one.

Hes got **** all to do with the performances on the pitch right now, other than his signings being at the club still. I’ll tell you what though, if we were to release Craig Levein’s players and Hamilton and Midden has the opportunity to pick them up on an affordable wage, do you honestly think they would turn that chance down?

Our current results are down to Stendel not getting a tune out of them, and the players not being able to play the way we are setting up.

Sorry if it doesn’t fit in with what you want to believe SOD but his presence around the club is not only distracting but wholly unnecessary. How do you think guys like Washington, Moore and Irving feel when they see him after publicly saying it’s great to be coached again?  
You are right about Stendel not getting a time out of them, that’s three managers this season who haven’t so who is at fault for that? Apart from the man who signed them obviously. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly. The improvement has been minimal other lots more goals in our games. Stendels philosophy may be sound but he must realise after 12 games that the current crop of players are struggling to get it. So what does he do, continue as is or try a plan B if he has one? 

You cannot let the failing players dictate how the game should be played. Or you get the situation with Levein and players losing fitness adding to a losers mentality. He's trying to encourage confidence and attacking football. It's hard to accomplish this late into the season with a bunch of failures around him but we just need a small run of results and it will hopefully rub off to the others that we can score and we can win games. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry if it doesn’t fit in with what you want to believe SOD but his presence around the club is not only distracting but wholly unnecessary. How do you think guys like Washington, Moore and Irving feel when they see him after publicly saying it’s great to be coached again?  
You are right about Stendel not getting a time out of them, that’s three managers this season who haven’t so who is at fault for that? Apart from the man who signed them obviously. 

I imagine they feel no differently to the Dunfermline, Aberdeen or Liverpool players who signed for their clubs and then saw their manager stay at the club in a different role after a period of poor results led to them no longer being manager.

Honestly, “distracting” now... what’s he doing? Walking past the dressing room door in a miniskirt and dropping his pencil in an overly dramatic manner?

You’ve got to try and get over this mate, it’s not bloody healthy.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This is what we need to concentrate on.

1 minute ago, CAI said:

You cannot let the failing players dictate how the game should be played. Or you get the situation with Levein and players losing fitness adding to a losers mentality. He's trying to encourage confidence and attacking football. It's hard to accomplish this late into the season with a bunch of failures around him but we just need a small run of results and it will hopefully rub off to the others that we can score and we can win games. 

Players are only failing because they either don’t understand what he wants, can’t do what he wants or they are doing what he wants and it isn’t working. With the exception of players making the odd mistake, which is normal, we have players who have repeatedly made mistakes yet they keep getting selected eg Joel, Halkett to name two and theres others as well. Whose fault is it that Joel was picked game after game despite selling goals nearly every game? How many points did that cost us? Decisions like that do not inspire confidence in other players. I’d suggest that Joel’s poor form is a direct contributor to Souttar and Halkett’s poor form. They know every time an opposition players gets behind them it’s a goal. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How do you know his presence is distracting? I have been told by one player that he is rarely about when the players are there. Stendel has said he has done a good job for him. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Players are only failing because they either don’t understand what he wants, can’t do what he wants or they are doing what he wants and it isn’t working. With the exception of players making the odd mistake, which is normal, we have players who have repeatedly made mistakes yet they keep getting selected eg Joel, Halkett to name two and theres others as well. Whose fault is it that Joel was picked game after game despite selling goals nearly every game? How many points did that cost us? Decisions like that do not inspire confidence in other players. I’d suggest that Joel’s poor form is a direct contributor to Souttar and Halkett’s poor form. They know every time an opposition players gets behind them it’s a goal. 

Yes the GK pos is a massive issue. Probably should have been a priority 1 signing over Christmas. Stendal wants the ball played out quickly from the back. He cannot have Bobby smashing it up the park as he did for Levein. I agree though, it's part of the game that he might need to bite the bullet and slow down because we have a bunch of impostors for footballers and they will drag us down into relegation if left untouched. 

How do you know his presence is distracting? I have been told by one player that he is rarely about when the players are there. Stendel has said he has done a good job for him. 

Keeps creeping up on them in the corridors and sounding the klaxon in their ears.

1 minute ago, westbow said:

And we played the OF. 

No sweat then? Have to admit I didn’t think there was a realistic chance of us being relegated until 15.20 on Saturday. Now I’m 50/50. 

1 minute ago, CAI said:

Yes the GK pos is a massive issue. Probably should have been a priority 1 signing over Christmas. Stendal wants the ball played out quickly from the back. He cannot have Bobby smashing it up the park as he did for Levein. I agree though, it's part of the game that he might need to bite the bullet and slow down because we have a bunch of impostors for footballers and they will drag us down into relegation if left untouched. 

Of the three possible reasons I stated I think it’s number 3 so not really blaming the players for the current situation. 

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Keeps creeping up on them in the corridors and sounding the klaxon in their ears.

Hadn’t heard that one. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Hadn’t heard that one. 

It’s why we haven’t announced any recent signings with it. 

No sweat then? Have to admit I didn’t think there was a realistic chance of us being relegated until 15.20 on Saturday. Now I’m 50/50. 

Plenty sweatiness and squeeking I’d imagine 😂

Hackney Hearts
58 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

I'm sorry, what am I cherry picking?

You're not cherry picking anything. It's entirely appropriate to show the most recent games as a guide to how we stand, and it's also fair to use the post winter break games, as DS has had a window and some time to implement a few ideas.

2 of our 6 games in that form guide were against the Old Firm, so it's certainly not cherry-picking easier games. Our -5 goal goal difference is accounted for by one single game - the hardest one on any team's fixture list in this league.

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Ross county still to play both the old firm 

We won’t play them again this season either. ( the OF)

Edited by westbow

10 minutes ago, CAI said:

And if we had just one bang average Scottish Premier level goalie there is the potential there would be improved results against Aberdeen, St.Johnstone and Kilmarnock, with a non pasting by Celtic.

Stendel said after the game 'not legs, but minds' 

Maybe he needs to alter his mind a little too and tweak the changes to stop these shitty goals, but I certainly don't want our experienced players to try and force him to go back to centre halves passing it about each other before launching it, losing first then second balls and still losing goals with teams breaking at us with bugger all chance of scoring until the end of the game panic consolation.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, westbow said:

Thankfully , I still think we'll do enough to survive 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, westbow said:

Correction  sorry it's st lie down who still to play both old firm

58 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah should've won against Aberdeen and Ross County second half away from home, had more than enough chances to win, and on Saturday. 

This is definitely something, even if we are playing not bad or pish we still have had plenty of chances.  Hamilton's keeper played well and made some good saves.  If we could have scored in the first half I'd be sure we would have went on to win.  We even did ok and had a few chances v Celtic in the first half.  Nothing is going our way just now (poor keeper leaking goals, offside's not given etc) and its so frustrating fro the fans, the players an Stendel.  The entire confidence levels throughout the club are rock bottom from the previous regime and being in terrible form for over a year

They players need to fired up for Friday do the basics first and foremost and go and smash st bribery

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

If I had to bet on an outcome, I would bet on us going down.

Now it’s not done. There is time to turn it around and fundamentally I believe our squad is better than our rivals. The problem is we aren’t turning any corner and as time passes our problems seem to get worse. 

If we go down it’s an absolute disgrace. We have been sleepwalking into this situation for a long time, making poor decision after poor decision as a club. Unfortunately this trend seems to be continuing. 

We have turned corner a little bit in terms of we went into the winter break 4 points behind hamilton , we're now 1 point behind and also as somebody posted earlier the table for 2020 has us having gained more points than hamilton , st Mirren and ross county ! I'm not for one second saying things are great but thankfully we gaining more points than those 3 teams at this moment.

This is the lead up to the penalty.

Admittedly it all happened pretty quickly and you need to watch in real time but there is a 5 on 3 that I would expect all teams to practice in training and work it out and get into a decent position without a goalie lump (that we haven't been winning anyway)

However the change in keeper appears to have played on Souttar's mind a little and he never looks at any point to want the ball when if Pereira playing, he would probably expect it.  Zlamal surprises him by doing so although it should be recignused how short Zlamal is with the ball back.  Souttar goes mental at Zlamal for not launching the initial pass that came to Zlamal - which came from Hickey.

Stendel imo may do some minor tweaking, but this is tear hair out as a coach of professionals and that's long before Clare's stupid tackle.

Screenshot_20200217-095829_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200217-095850_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

Nicholas Brody
28 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You're not cherry picking anything. It's entirely appropriate to show the most recent games as a guide to how we stand, and it's also fair to use the post winter break games, as DS has had a window and some time to implement a few ideas.

2 of our 6 games in that form guide were against the Old Firm, so it's certainly not cherry-picking easier games. Our -5 goal goal difference is accounted for by one single game - the hardest one on any team's fixture list in this league.

I agree. Our form is far from great. It's actually pretty awful from what it should be, but the teams around us are having a worse time of it with an arguably harder run in. 

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

If I had to bet on an outcome, I would bet on us going down.

Now it’s not done. There is time to turn it around and fundamentally I believe our squad is better than our rivals. The problem is we aren’t turning any corner and as time passes our problems seem to get worse. 

If we go down it’s an absolute disgrace. We have been sleepwalking into this situation for a long time, making poor decision after poor decision as a club. Unfortunately this trend seems to be continuing. 

I keep reading about us sleepwalking to relegation, what does that mean.

We've sacked our manager/DOF, brought in an attack minded manager, brought in the coaching team that the manager wanted, replaced our captain, brought in 4 new players including a highly rated striker that cost us money. We've lost 2 of our last 9 matches.

How are we sleepwalking towards relegation?

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I was saying we weren’t bottom when he left. As another poster pointed out we were in 10th position which would now be a great position to finish in!

I agree 10th would be a great position to finish, unfortunately for your argument we were 11th when Levein was removed.

Screenshot_20200217-162656~2.png

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

I agree 10th would be a great position to finish, unfortunately for your argument we were 11th when Levein was removed.

Fortunately for my argument 11th is better than 12th ....

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I keep reading about us sleepwalking to relegation, what does that mean.

We've sacked our manager/DOF, brought in an attack minded manager, brought in the coaching team that the manager wanted, replaced our captain, brought in 4 new players including a highly rated striker that cost us money. We've lost 2 of our last 9 matches.

How are we sleepwalking towards relegation?

Because we are not concentrating on the here and now. Have you considered that replacing the manager and coaching staff wasn’t going to turn our fortunes around.

Seriously, look at the way we are playing just now. We are letting any manager who has even a basic clue about how to set up a team to attack a high line take points off of us.

The “sleepwalkers” are the supporters who seemed to think our plight would be improved by just simply getting rid of Levein.

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This is the lead up to the penalty.

Admittedly it all happened pretty quickly and you need to watch in real time but there is a 5 on 3 that I would expect all teams to practice in training and work it out and get into a decent position without a goalie lump (that we haven't been winning anyway)

However the change in keeper appears to have played on Souttar's mind a little and he never looks at any point to want the ball when if Pereira playing, he would probably expect it.  Zlamal surprises him by doing so although it should be recignused how short Zlamal is with the ball back.  Souttar goes mental at Zlamal for not launching the initial pass that came to Zlamal - which came from Hickey.

Stendel imo may do some minor tweaking, but this is tear hair out as a coach of professionals and that's long before Clare's stupid tackle.

Screenshot_20200217-095829_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200217-095850_WhatsApp.jpg

Clare didn’t have to boot the lad up in the air. He was going nowhere.

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Fortunately for my argument 11th is better than 12th ....

True, but I didn't fallaciously claim that it wasn't.😉

Edited by fancy a brew

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Clare didn’t have to boot the lad up in the air. He was going nowhere.

Absolutely, but folk are advocating a complete change of style again.

It's stupid decisions and getting some modern day basics right that are killing us.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Pulling chairs away as they sit down. 

Hiding the footballs. 

Like that guy in chewing the fat that the rest of the employees need to pretend is a ghost. 

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Because we are not concentrating on the here and now. Have you considered that replacing the manager and coaching staff wasn’t going to turn our fortunes around.

Seriously, look at the way we are playing just now. We are letting any manager who has even a basic clue about how to set up a team to attack a high line take points off of us.

The “sleepwalkers” are the supporters who seemed to think our plight would be improved by just simply getting rid of Levein.

That's nonsense, with respect. 

Are you saying it's the club or the supporters who are sleepwalking?

Not a single supporter doesn't think we are in a bit of bother and from what's coming out of the club, neither does anyone there.

Nobody knew that things would improve by replacing Levein but it had to be done.

8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Don’t believe Boyce was getting ahead of the defender. At 11 a side they were much the better side and looked like scoring every time they went forward. We laboured against 10 and the majority of our best chances turned out to be offside. IMO they deserved a point.

:rofl:  ALL of their chances turned out to be offside.

19 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Yikes still a point behind Hamilton and they have caught up on GD. 

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's nonsense, with respect. 

Are you saying it's the club or the supporters who are sleepwalking?

Not a single supporter doesn't think we are in a bit of bother and from what's coming out of the club, neither does anyone there.

Nobody knew that things would improve by replacing Levein but it had to be done.

The issue was bringing in someone who would get results, not getting rid of Levein. Too many people were, and still are totally obsessed with Levein being the be all and end all of our problems.

The supporters are the ones doing the “sleepwalking” imo, but I’d put it more as ‘walking backwards towards the cliff edge shouting at Levein”.

It feels like a nation in flux where we are going from one extreme to another desperately trying to run as far from our problems as possible, only find ourselves immersed in new ones. 

It’s okay to just appoint a manager who believes in defending and attacking, and doesn’t think it’s a choice.

There are plenty supporters out there determined that Stendel should not face any of the blame for our current results. It’s absolute madness. It’s like results weren’t the most important thing to them, it was getting shot of Levein.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

16 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

True, but I didn't fallaciously claim that it wasn't.😉

I was only going on what was reported by another poster ...

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

The little laughing guy is what my grandkids use in WhatsApp messages. But glad you’re amused.

(I repeat, however, that in my view and those around me on Saturday, Hamilton deserved a point.)

Everybody uses them these days mate, get with it or you'll get left behind.

:rofl: 

ps. The match stats say that Hamilton were very fortunate to hang on for a point.