We Are Going Down

James1874f

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah Vanacek's a whole other issue. I think he had McLean as the only fit striker for 3 mths before he arrived though. Very unlucky with not just the injuries but the timing.

If you look up our best players on www.transfermarkt.us for the last 2/3 of that season and the start of this, the amount of red indicating injured is incredible.

The long awaited return of some of the long term injured notably Soutter and Naismith doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

Edited by Francis Albert

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Getting booed off at half time throws the players CL  recruited?  I thought the main criterion in recruitment  in the CL era was character? Well.no on the evidence I didn't think it was but I distinctly remember it being claimed by the CL regime.

Using the word "regime" should be an instant banning offence.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The long awaited return of some of the long term injured notably Soutter and Naismith doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

It certainly made a difference when we lost them. Stendel should have picked up more points with these players but we'd got into a nosedive by the time he arrived, or are you saying players of the calibre of Souttar and Naismith are all of a sudden "not Hearts standard" 🤣 It's a view...

On 15/02/2020 at 17:07, ShedBoy said:

We’re not getting relegated. The pant wetting by some posters is embarrassing. We are not a bad team, we have ZERO confidence. We have March April and May to go. FFS.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-daniel-stendel-warns-atmosphere-around-club-too-positive-he-urges-players-step-1883934

im glad the manager agrees with me now 

Ex member of the SaS
13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Getting booed off at half time throws the players CL  recruited?  I thought the main criterion in recruitment  in the CL era was character? Well.no on the evidence I didn't think it was but I distinctly remember it being claimed by the CL regime.

We had a decent squad when we won the Championship. Levein stated that he would only bring in players who were the same standard or better. He then literally tore the team apart and brought in garbage ( with one or two exceptions ), But for me, it was the length of deals he handed out. 3 and 4 year deal to injured players and has been's.

Lost count of the number of players Hearts have signed under Levein. Well over the 120 mark I am sure. Some saying they were Cathro's players, but for me as DoF ( and with all the experience some are claiming ) he should never have given them such long deals and he was in over all charge of the signings.

The money and league position lost through Levein's egotistic attitude will take years to recoup. 

Stendel has had ONE window ( and as many have stated, the Jan window is the worst for decent player recruitment ) while the leveinite's wanted to give him yet another window when most were calling for his head.

Ainsley Harriott
22 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He could, just not with McLean as his only fit experienced striker for months on end.

Should have managed his signings better. Wasnt as if he didn't get to sign copious amounts of players.

alwaysthereinspirit

We have 11 league games left to play.

How many points from 33 do we think we need to at least finish 11th?

I’d say 15. Without draws. That’s two more wins than we have managed in 27 games.
Hopefully our players know they’re in a battle for their own futures.

annushorribilis III
36 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We had a decent squad when we won the Championship. Levein stated that he would only bring in players who were the same standard or better. He then literally tore the team apart and brought in garbage ( with one or two exceptions ), But for me, it was the length of deals he handed out. 3 and 4 year deal to injured players and has been's.

Lost count of the number of players Hearts have signed under Levein. Well over the 120 mark I am sure. Some saying they were Cathro's players, but for me as DoF ( and with all the experience some are claiming ) he should never have given them such long deals and he was in over all charge of the signings.

The money and league position lost through Levein's egotistic attitude will take years to recoup. 

Stendel has had ONE window ( and as many have stated, the Jan window is the worst for decent player recruitment ) while the leveinite's wanted to give him yet another window when most were calling for his head.

The bizarre thing is, the club seemed to try & overachieve in the 1st season back (or so AB claimed, retrospectively) and that was before CL started handing out long term deals to washed up nobodies. My memory of that 1st season back is the standard of football was absolutely dire more so given the club had allegedly spent big . My last game that season was Motherwell away : shortly before Sow left. Hearts were absolutely pathetic that day and have never got remotely close to replacing the quality Sow brought (glass knees or not). As you say, plenty vociferous voices on here moaning about Stendll although  they were still willing to back CL even  when it was glaringly obvious the club was headed nowhere under his stewardship. 

J.T.F.Robertson
39 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

We have 11 league games left to play.

How many points from 33 do we think we need to at least finish 11th?

I’d say 15. Without draws. That’s two more wins than we have managed in 27 games.
Hopefully our players know they’re in a battle for their own futures.

More to the point, hopefully they give a toss.

Worst team in the league = relegation 

Worst defence in the league = relegation 

Worst team mentality = relegation 

Such a true statement below of the situation we now find ourselves in. A football department that has disaster written all over it. A testament to the Budge and Levein legacy.....

Quite how it’s got to this stage still seems hard to credit. In the same season as they are due to become the largest majority fans-owned club in British football, Hearts stand on the cusp of racking up another first: the most expensively assembled squad to be relegated from the Scottish top-flight by finishing in last place.

Edited by innerjambo

Francis Albert
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Using the word "regime" should be an instant banning offence.

It simply means the time when he was in charge ... assuming he isn't still in some fashion in charge of something or other. We are now led by the Stendel regime to the extent Stendel has been free to establish his own regime. I am glad of that.

Francis Albert
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It certainly made a difference when we lost them. Stendel should have picked up more points with these players but we'd got into a nosedive by the time he arrived, or are you saying players of the calibre of Souttar and Naismith are all of a sudden "not Hearts standard" 🤣 It's a view...

They haven't shown much since their recovery from injury. I see no reason to believe we would have seen more under Levein.

Edited by Francis Albert

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Its the serious lack of it that has landed us where we are currently stuck!

On 18/02/2020 at 17:20, ToqueJambo said:

He could, just not with McLean as his only fit experienced striker for months on end.

When things started to go wrong, he got more and more defensive to the point where the players looked apprehensive to play any sort of forward pass. We still suffer at times because of this.  

On the subject of wins and points, with apologies if already posted, but the games won in relegation seasons makes scary reading compared with now.

1976/77 won 7

1978/79 won 8

1980/81 won 6

2013/14 won 10

It is what it is but no hiding from the enormity of the job in front of us. We simply must start winning games starting Friday and can't rely on winning later games or getting favourable results elsewhere cause that ain't going to happen. 

On 18/02/2020 at 19:21, Tokyo Drifter said:

To return to the topic, I don't think we will go down. Even if we lose to St Midden, 11th place is still achievable as long as we more or less stay in touch with Accies. I think we may actually pick up points against the Sheep and the Flumps and I can't help thinking that we're going to perform better (or not perform any worse) away from home, post-split - as long as we don't have County away. The players get so edgy and nervous and brittle at Tynie, and getting booed off at half time can't help the morale much.

Another point: I've just watched the highlights from Saturday and we should have BURIED Accies. Could easily have been four or five goals to two, even with us giving them a brace as a starting gift.

Keep the faith people.

St midden are about the only team hearts havnt lost to  in the league this season,    I'm thinking a draw wouldn't mean the end on friday night, providing well do accies on saturday ?  But we must start looking after ourselves ! other teams have done us a favour beating teams above us,    but now it's up to us to get the points to make sure we survive "   the team are due us a couple decent shows , heres hoping 👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇶🇦

Jambof3tornado

So with stendel saying the players are too positive, is this what the problem is, that the players simply believe they wont get relegated??? Wonder what it will take for them to accept that they are in a dogfight???

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So with stendel saying the players are too positive, is this what the problem is, that the players simply believe they wont get relegated??? Wonder what it will take for them to accept that they are in a dogfight???

Sloppiness, arrogance, hubris and entitlement.

All been mentioned before.

All the teams around us are in relegation battles every year and know what it's all about.

We think we're too good to go down even though we can't win a game.

5 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Worst team in the league = relegation 

Worst defence in the league = relegation 

Worst team mentality = relegation 

Such a true statement below of the situation we now find ourselves in. A football department that has disaster written all over it. A testament to the Budge and Levein legacy.....

Quite how it’s got to this stage still seems hard to credit. In the same season as they are due to become the largest majority fans-owned club in British football, Hearts stand on the cusp of racking up another first: the most expensively assembled squad to be relegated from the Scottish top-flight by finishing in last place.

It really is unbelievable the amount of money we have flung at this squad that has managed to win 3 league matches all season. 
What an absolute disgrace that is. The thing is the way they started against Hamilton it’s like the players still think they will just turn up and win. 
I can see us going down without even a real fight to be honest. 

On 18/02/2020 at 15:10, Section Q said:

Levein couldn't attack and Stendel can't defend and that about sums it up. 

A simple analogy

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, brawlad74 said:

On the subject of wins and points, with apologies if already posted, but the games won in relegation seasons makes scary reading compared with now.

1976/77 won 7

1978/79 won 8

1980/81 won 6

2013/14 won 10

It is what it is but no hiding from the enormity of the job in front of us. We simply must start winning games starting Friday and can't rely on winning later games or getting favourable results elsewhere cause that ain't going to happen. 

Stats dont lie. If we lose on Fri i think we are doomed.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Refuse to play/train, get  a sick note, call mgr a to**er in newspaper, call agent, jump in expensive car, depart EH11, never look back...

To echo what others have said, it will be scandalous if we get relegated this season and levein and budge will have a lot to answer for as those two are ultimately to blame.

If we can stop shipping stupid goals and tighten up a bit at the back, I feel we've got players who can keep us up. 

It's important we have big crowds for the next few home games and the club could help that by reducing the rediculous walk up prices, to encourage more folk to go along. 

4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

To echo what others have said, it will be scandalous if we get relegated this season and levein and budge will have a lot to answer for as those two are ultimately to blame.

If we can stop shipping stupid goals and tighten up a bit at the back, I feel we've got players who can keep us up. 

It's important we have big crowds for the next few home games and the club could help that by reducing the rediculous walk up prices, to encourage more folk to go along. 

Said the same few weeks ago I know a few people who refused to pay £29 to go in and watch us v Hamilton, it’s not hard is it we are in a dog fight slash the prices fill the stadium. 

a lot of people pay very good money week in week out to go watch Hearts aswell as contribute to FoH and we are being ripped off, pricing at Hearts is a joke 

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Cade said:

Sloppiness, arrogance, hubris and entitlement.

All been mentioned before.

All the teams around us are in relegation battles every year and know what it's all about.

We think we're too good to go down even though we can't win a game.

All this is true.

Where does poor team selections, naive tactics, bizarre formations and inability to change all of the above fit in?

Telford_jambo123

If we beat st lie down tomorrow and Motherwell beat Hamilton we will be in joint 10th. A few wins and we will be fine. That said I would still empty 90% of the team in the summer

Edited by Telford_jambo123

On 19/02/2020 at 07:35, pettigrewsstylist said:

Vanecek was a disaster

Aye but if Uche and Wighton was fit we would have been alright for goals.... 🙄

Jambof3tornado
10 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Not as easy as simply dropping the prices as it reduces the value of a season ticket....season tickets will be on sale end March ish so the club needs to encourage people to renew, not put them off by making it cheaper to walk up. Give tickets to local schools etc to try and boost the numbers.

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not as easy as simply dropping the prices as it reduces the value of a season ticket....season tickets will be on sale end March ish so the club needs to encourage people to renew, not put them off by making it cheaper to walk up. Give tickets to local schools etc to try and boost the numbers.

I feel we need to do something to encourage more folk to get behind the team or season ticket and walk up prices will have to drop big style anyway if we go down to the championship!

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Paulp74 said:

I feel we need to do something to encourage more folk to get behind the team or season ticket and walk up prices will have to drop big style anyway if we go down to the championship!

I think the crowd are doing their part, its the team that are making a ***** of things!!! Look at the backing at falkirk in terrible conditions, fruday night tv game at st Mirren has sold out.

Its up to the players to get their act together.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think the crowd are doing their part, its the team that are making a ***** of things!!! Look at the backing at falkirk in terrible conditions, fruday night tv game at st Mirren has sold out.

Yeah. That's a good point.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Paulp74 said:

Yeah. That's a good point.

Donis had the cheek to gee up the wheatfield stand in the accies match, he then proceeded to do fek all of note on the park other than give away stupid fouls.

They have our backing, stendel has pointed that out, its a pity some of the players dont realise how privileged they are, many if not most will not move on to anything bigger or better.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Totally agree.

The support has been tremendous and deserve far far better from a team thats underperformed and underachieved. Friday night is another very big game and we need desire, fight and the team to be set up correctly for what is a no lose game.

3 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Howzabout extra bonus points or cash vouchers for the shop.

If you reduce admission prices for league games it damages the value/integrity of the season tickets.

I'd also like to see season ticket holders rewarded with reduced hospitality rates.

18 minutes ago, Section Q said:

If you reduce admission prices for league games it damages the value/integrity of the season tickets.

I'd also like to see season ticket holders rewarded with reduced hospitality rates.

Think a lot of people will just pick their chosen matches if we happen to go down "       which will affect  season tickets,  not sure how many ,   but I'm sure we would be doing well to get 14k at home games, or just under,      personally I think we will have around 9/10k season cards sold.

4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Add to that more than half the total attendance at the St Johnstone away game.

All of our players seem to think they are billy big baws, and that they are much better than reality suggests. After all that we have gone through, they still think that they can just turn up and win against the lesser teams in the league. Where did that mentality come from, is it a failure of the club that the players seem to be too relaxed and unwilling to bust a gut in everygame. Or is it just that our players are generally lazy and lack motivation??

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

You already get quite a big discount with a season ticket. A platinum season ticket is £500. The walk up price for cat b games is £34 x 19 home games = £646. Cat A games are £38 so you're probably around £170 better off with a season ticket, if you go to every game.

And yes, I agree, they should bring back the hospitality discount for season ticket holders, to make them ever more attractive/an extra benefit.

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

All of our players seem to think they are billy big baws, and that they are much better than reality suggests. After all that we have gone through, they still think that they can just turn up and win against the lesser teams in the league. Where did that mentality come from, is it a failure of the club that the players seem to be too relaxed and unwilling to bust a gut in everygame. Or is it just that our players are generally lazy and lack motivation??

Its been for a long time now more down to a serious lack of quality signings with a large number of players being sold to us as being way better than they actually are. Maulary Martin being a prime example. The squad needs a thorough examination across all aspects of it and completely restructured with multiple bodies out and quality in.

27 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Its been for a long time now more down to a serious lack of quality signings with a large number of players being sold to us as being way better than they actually are. Maulary Martin being a prime example. The squad needs a thorough examination across all aspects of it and completely restructured with multiple bodies out and quality in.

Quality like Langer and Donis?

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

How can you add quality when you’re staring relegation in the face. Was always gonna be a tricky window. In any case you missed out Boyce and it’s too early to judge the other three. Would’ve been great if they all hit the ground running but a bit of a tall order. 

2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

The drastic but much needed restructuring will take place after this season ends whether we go down or not.