Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

8 hours ago, shauncl said:

Who are you to tell hearts fans to stay away from games, 

😆 

I'd rather we had folk behind the team than panic merchants.

Maroonblood22

I admire the optimism from some posters but the facts are:

We couldn't beat Ross County

We couldn't beat St Johnstone

We couldn't beat Kilmarnock at home

We couldn't beat 10 man injury riddled Hamilton at home

We've scored 12 goals and conceded 29 in the last 14 league games since the start of December...

Where are these wins going to come from?

Watching the game yesterday I actually wondered at one point why we didn't target a couple of Hamilton's and / or St. Mirrens players in January. Some good battlers in there like there Shaun Want, Gogic and the boy Ogkmpoe is far more useful than Uche. Hindsight and all that but perhaps weakening our relegation rivals might have been a smarter recruitment strategy than bringing in guys like Langer and Avdijaj who I think it's fair to say have been pish so far.

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Helen, should you be on Barnsley Kickback celebrating the fact your new manager went to London today and won 3-0 over one of the teams favourite for promotion?  

I can multi task so I have been!

6 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

And you know this how??

we are garbage and deserve to go down now

Using your logic, how do you know we will?

theres still plenty of points to play for and we score goals.  We will be fine.

The time to point fingers is at the end of the season, right now, we need everyone behind the team, not slating them on social media.

If going 3 down and 2 down at home to Kilmarnock and Hamilton respectively when you're supposed to be fighting for your life isn't relegation material then those who  continue to say we will be fine bla bla bla are in cloud cuckoo land. Had both of them kept 11 men on the park I think it could have been worse. 11 league games and no improvement under Stendel. So far it's not working. 

You can't give away so many cheap goals and expect to stay up.

You can't miss so many chances to score and expect to stay up.

We are made to work for every chance we get, we gift chances to team who have done little to deserve the chances.

The shit has been going on too long for it to change in the last ten games

Our remaining fixtures compared with St. Mirren, Hamilton and Ross County look much easier.  Even if we continue this poor form I still think we will be in touch going into our last 5 matches.  Yesterday was shocking but Hamilton's first goal was offside and a terrible back pass by Hickey led to the 2nd.  Hard to be too critical when the conditions are like that also.  I think we will finish 11th and win the playoff.

Jambof3tornado

I'm loving the optimism from some but wonder if its from people that arentbat the games. How anyone who has seen our last 30 gsmes would think we arent at serious risk of relegation is beyond me. We keep saying there are xx no of points to play for, that number is dwindling fast. Some are sleepwalking into this, just like many on the pitch.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm loving the optimism from some but wonder if its from people that arentbat the games. How anyone who has seen our last 30 gsmes would think we arent at serious risk of relegation is beyond me. We keep saying there are xx no of points to play for, that number is dwindling fast. Some are sleepwalking into this, just like many on the pitch.

Correct. I’m amazed that we’re even in touch. It’s the middle of February and we’re yet to reach 20 points. We 100% deserve to go down.

Even if we don’t, the likes of Budge/Levein/McPhee need to be treated as if he have. GTF you hopeless idiots.

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, jock _turd said:

See you you are only here when you have a chance to stick the knife in. Why don't you get back to sisterpumper.net where you belong.

Very suspicious of Rick myself. Relentless negativity. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Very suspicious of Rick myself. Relentless negativity. 

I’m more suspicious of the people who attempt to find positives in a 2-2 draw with 10-man Hamilton 

Leveins Battalion

I would take relegation if it means Budge,Levein and every other charlatan culpable for 4 years of gross mismanagement are gone from HMFC.

Cheerio to the lot of them.🖐

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m more suspicious of the people who attempt to find positives in a 2-2 draw with 10-man Hamilton 

Relentless Negativity 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We are bottom of the league and a shambles on the pitch and leader less off it.

Hearts fans have been bent over and shafted for as long as I can remember now by this regime.

Mid Calder Jambo
16 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Hearts are down. Stendel was the wrong appointment. 

Nailed it there pal..We needed a manager with SPFL experience and there were plenty around.  I would rather we played drab football, won one nil and stayed up.  i don't go to Tynecastle to be entertained, I go to see Haerts win and I don't care how they do it.

8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Exactly.  That’s the realistic view of the game.  

Heroically dragged ourselves back from being two down which a) wasn’t against the run of play and b) the first goal was offside but as we went heroically getting a point against Hamilton, this only happened because we got the benefit of an offside goal too.  

Ref was shite?  Assistant was shite?  Tell that to the Hamilton bench too.  Their game plan worked a treat, we snatched a point against all odds against them with all their best players missing because they went down to 10 and tried to shut up shop, rightfully. 

Which of our goals was offside ? 

MarkDevriesScores4

If we don’t beat st Mirren, I can only see relegation. Can’t see us taking many points from the other bottom 6 teams as we have failed to do that all season and longer. I don’t think this is dramatic or unlikely. 

Mid Calder Jambo
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I would take relegation if it means Budge,Levein and every other charlatan culpable for 4 years of gross mismanagement are gone from HMFC.

Cheerio to the lot of them.🖐

Regardless as to how we finish that woman has to go.  If you think we will accept a CEO with no football experience and nothing other than a larger than most shareholding, you have another thing coming. She might have left us a new stand, a womens team and a ground with no atmosphere but I want to see a successful mens team in a bearpit of a ground and she fails to deliver that on all fronts.

18 hours ago, Dsjambo said:

The choice for budge was Ross or Robinson or to a gamble with Daniel, it hasn’t paid off as we can all see. His record is worse than levein, Cathro and McPhee combined. We are going down and he has to take his share of the blame. Sure he dropped the goalie today but it should have been done weeks ago and for all Sean Clares improvement, he will never be a defender, he has cost us vital goals in several games already. We need smith at full back and Clare in front of him.  The manager is a clown if he can’t see this....

I don’t think Clare should be in the starting 11.  He is not really good at anything and has no end product.

Leveins Battalion

If we ho down who are the managerial options?

Robinson?would he be interested in us in the championship?doubtful

Robbo?is he up to it?

Right now I'm living in hope that Aberdeen punt Mckinnes and we can go for him,we need rebuilt from the very bottom.

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I don’t think Clare should be in the starting 11.  He is not really good at anything and has no end product.

Whilst people have been having a big “love in” for Clare, I have repeatedly said HE IS NOT A DEFENDER. He has zero awareness as a defender and he might have scored a few goals but he has cost us just as many if not more. It’s not his fault. He’s being dumped in a role he has no experience in and will continue to lose us goals and points. It’s not rocket science 

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If we ho down who are the managerial options?

Robinson?would he be interested in us in the championship?doubtful

Robbo?is he up to it?

Right now I'm living in hope that Aberdeen punt Mckinnes and we can go for him,we need rebuilt from the very bottom.

:rofl:

10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The Clare that has been man of the match in a few of our last games? That Clare?

Hamilton threw away a 2 goal lead against the bottom side yesterday, at a ground where almost every team wins  A game where a win would have seen them go 4 points clear. Bottle merchants?

I'm not throwing the towel in just yet 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

:rofl:

Let's hear your options then?

Derek Mckinnes has been the best manager out with the old firm for 6 years now.

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not sure I’ve done that, i criticise plenty but I’m not for putting the boot in relentlessly on every thread. 
I felt for a long time we were in big trouble and a flukey win against Rangers didn’t change my point of view much as I enjoyed it. 
Some people seem to take a little too much pleasure seeing Hearts toiling for me. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Not sure I’ve done that, i criticise plenty but I’m not for putting the boot in relentlessly on every thread. 
I felt for a long time we were in big trouble and a flukey win against Rangers didn’t change my point of view much as I enjoyed it. 
Some people seem to take a little too much pleasure seeing Hearts toiling for me. 

I think we’re all just sick of it - and unwilling to forget the intransigence shown by Budge and Levein as we spiralled towards this.

It's not looking great. 3 wins all season suggest we are not going to suddenly string a few wins together. The board will seriously have to start putting plans in place for us going down. We could become a Leeds United, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we would romp the championship like last time.

9 hours ago, jumpship said:

We are still one win away the bottom, two wins from safety. 

Mathematically chat ?

Where are our wins coming from though? We have only won 3 times all season 

Edited by Natural Orders

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think we’re all just sick of it - and unwilling to forget the intransigence shown by Budge and Levein as we spiralled towards this.

I’m absolutely sick mate believe me. I can’t keep kicking the club though like some on here. It’s relentless. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I’m absolutely sick mate believe me. I can’t keep kicking the club though like some on here. It’s relentless. 

Fair enough but I could keep kicking Budge and Levein til the cows come home. They deserve it 

10 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

It's not looking great. 3 wins all season suggest we are not going to suddenly string a few wins together. The board will seriously have to start putting plans in place for us going down. We could become a Leeds United, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we would romp the championship like last time.

This

4 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

I admire the optimism from some posters but the facts are:

We couldn't beat Ross County

We couldn't beat St Johnstone

We couldn't beat Kilmarnock at home

We couldn't beat 10 man injury riddled Hamilton at home

We've scored 12 goals and conceded 29 in the last 14 league games since the start of December...

Where are these wins going to come from?

Watching the game yesterday I actually wondered at one point why we didn't target a couple of Hamilton's and / or St. Mirrens players in January. Some good battlers in there like there Shaun Want, Gogic and the boy Ogkmpoe is far more useful than Uche. Hindsight and all that but perhaps weakening our relegation rivals might have been a smarter recruitment strategy than bringing in guys like Langer and Avdijaj who I think it's fair to say have been pish so far.

I think a lot of players who’ve came to Hearts have a had a rude awakening.  Maybe they thought the Scottish game would be a nice wee place to play and make decent money but they’ve been caught with their scants down and had their eyes opened to the standards and level of expectancy required at Hearts.  

Some haven’t been able to deal with it or adjust.  If they are now under Stendel, it may be all too late.  

We desperately need to bite and scratch to safety and let the summer be the time we start to get the right character and mentality bred back in the club.  

Edited by Debut 4

If/when we get to the point that we're going down mathematically we'll show incredible form and play out of our skin. Remember the year Wigan were relegated and won the FA Cup...? 

Not much we fans can do unfortunately except turn up and encourage our team of imposters to have a go. Maybe our coach doesn't have the experience to save us from the drop but he's trying and not afraid to offend established players. Maybe the shock is still resonating with our galacticos...... !

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Redhelen said:

This season we've struggled with our defence as it was totally new with no championship experienced,  under both managers.  Last season it clicked fairly quickly but we did have a settled defence for most of the season.

Thanks for that.

26 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Let's hope the coaching staff and players not thinking like the op 

There’s certainly something wrong with the mentality of the players

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s certainly something wrong with the mentality of the players

I don't think it's a mentality issue. We just don't have the type of players to win this dog fight. Not strong enough all over the pitch where it matters.  That and so many mediocre players , even when the "strongest" team is playing.  The first 25 mins yesterday were a joke. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Regardless as to how we finish that woman has to go.  If you think we will accept a CEO with no football experience and nothing other than a larger than most shareholding, you have another thing coming. She might have left us a new stand, a womens team and a ground with no atmosphere but I want to see a successful mens team in a bearpit of a ground and she fails to deliver that on all fronts.

Unfortunatley, with regret. Yes please.

Nelly Terraces

Relegation is absolutely not a certainty but the stark truth is its looking increasingly likely.

When you can't beat an injury ravaged Hamilton (7 players injured) with 10 men for 70 minutes of the game - at home, you have serious problems.

The past 2 home games were both very winnable but I have to say I thought we looked a shambles in both.

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Relegation is absolutely not a certainty but the stark truth is its looking increasingly likely.

When you can't beat an injury ravaged Hamilton (7 players injured) with 10 men for 70 minutes of the game - at home, you have serious problems.

The past 2 home games were both very winnable but I have to say I thought we looked a shambles in both.

Missing Berra. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Agree.  Trying to remain positive but the first part of the game was so horrific it does give me a horrible feeling relegation is a distinct possibility. Hoping we can salvage things, and Hamilton do look like they are struggling injury wise.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think its non-attendees or certainly people who are only watching highlights, who seem to be confident of survival. 

Most of my friends are tims and huns, they all think we'll 'come good'or are 'too good to go down', because they haven't seen us play. Even my St Mirren mate thinks we'll finish above them because were Hearts. 

Anyone who's been at games appreciates its very likely we we will go down, or playoffs at the very best.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Missing Berra. 

Too simple to say that.  Berra would have been massively exposed in the first 20 minutes yesterday.  I am not saying Halkett and Souttar weren't but thinking Berra would have made a major difference is forgetful at best.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

The last point is the really frightening one. 

PaulHartley10

We are sleepwalking towards relegation. We're all sitting there watching it unfold and as it stands it's clear as day. Here's what I see.

The squad harmony is all wrong when compared to the others we are battling it out with. Naismith isn't a captain in a million years. All he does is berate players, especially younger players, when he's been nothing special himself. Encouragement, an arm around the shoulder or even a thumbs up now and again would help them more.

Halkett and Souttar have been captains before and show absolutely no leadership qualities. No constructive debates after mishaps, the heads go down. And Halkett couldn't hide his utter hatred for Pereira, something you wouldn't see at another team battling it out.

Michael Smith, my call for the armband, has now went as quiet as a mouse. That in itself tells me we are sleepwalking, they don't see a way out. Even Boyce had his head down yesterday and he's just arrived!

I could go on and on about it...their is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

If we do go down, we need to clear the decks of senior players and try and promote as much youth as we can manage into the first team. Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Stone, Hickey*, try and source some other promising youngsters from elsewhere. 

A good portion of our issue this season has been relying on kids that wouldn't get a game for Accies. Morrison for example has been loaned out to a league 1 team!! Moore and Henderson haven't been a patch on Walker, Smith, Nicholson or King. 

Stendel is not Cathro - In the sense of actually having charisma and personality. I think the players are buying into him but there is an issue around trying to implement this midseason in a team devoid of confidence and to some extent ability. 

I think come the summer Souttar or Halkett have a decision to make because we need a better pairing. That probably means one will drop out. An older one more in tune with Stendels thinking is needed IMO. 

What a situation to be in man. FFS. 

We need to score 3 goals in a game to win it sometimes just to scrape a draw. The change of keeper yesterday maybe reduced this to 2 goals going forward, let's hope so. Friday night in Paisley should give us a strong indication of our fate.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

We need to score 3 goals in a game to win it sometimes just to scrape a draw. The change of keeper yesterday maybe reduced this to 2 goals going forward, let's hope so. Friday night in Paisley should give us a strong indication of our fate.

Did yesterday not give us a strong indication of fate? We seem to keep pushing on to the next game with hope that somehow we will pick up 3 points.

We've been so poor for so long its getting harder to have any belief.

With 11 players hamilton brushed us off the park.

The way we start games and conceding , being behind is now all too common. 
we cant keep on gifting 2 goal leads , the pressure it puts on the team is brutal.

we are being punished for mistakes but let’s face it , the 2nd half in Perth we rode our luck big time as well as the Falkirk game.

Edited by 1971fozzy

I think Halketts goal has given us a lifeline. Not confident of beating anyone just now, St midden will be looking forward to playing us on Friday. Would love to take all 3 points of them, but I just can't see it..As usual, came away from the match wondering why we are giving teams a couple of goals of a start on a regular basis now.