We Are Going Down

James1874f

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jock _turd said:

I was not at the game ... I live abroad but what you are saying does not tally with the match stats at all they give an entirely different view of things. Now it could be that the stats are wrong but if they are right what you are saying is not true. A team without fight cannot recover from 2 zip simples... so what is it are you another dramatist ?

Poor decision making low football IQ but effort was there.

Weak willed in the early exchanges to put us in the mire

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

We can't change the players. Changing the CEO won't make a difference on the pitch. Desperate times, desperate measures. Sack Stendel tonight. Our best chance of changing things. His tactics are hopeless. He has come in and incredibly managed to make things worse. Getting relegated would be a disaster for our club. Roll the dice on a new manager. Stendel was the wrong manager at the wrong time. Both Hannover and Barnsley improved after they sacked him.

Levein back in?

ToadKiller Dog

If we had lost then yes relegation would in my opinion be the likely outcome and maybe is ,but the point keeps still in it , all 3 maybe 4 with ross county will drop shit loads of points and none will pick up many .

Way to go yet but it usnt going to be easy .

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

We are not going to be relegated.

Just to simplify things for those who try to over think......

*Currently we are 12th because we are the 12th best team in the league and, to put it more simply, there are 11 teams that have been better than us (so far) that’s not based on one or two games or a wee bit bad luck, that’s based on our form from day one.  
Now the weather, pitch, injuries, bad ref decisions etc....effect BOTH teams playing so we need to stop crying “foul” every time we feel hard done by.

* Of course I’m ever the optimist and believe we will survive (until mathematically we can’t) but, the canoe is getting faster as it nears closer to the waterfall.

10 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I was not at the game ... I live abroad but what you are saying does not tally with the match stats at all they give an entirely different view of things. Now it could be that the stats are wrong but if they are right what you are saying is not true. A team without fight cannot recover from 2 zip simples... so what is it are you another dramatist ?

Just in Hamilton were pretty comfortable till they went down to ten men . 

Hearrs absolutely battered them in the second half and should have won it . 

Worrying Stendel is making the same mistakes constantly. Instead of sitting in for the first part of the game with the fullbacks and seeing what the opponents have he's going gung-ho from the start and we're getting picked off by utter Shite . 

Make no mistake if this continues we're down 100%!

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

We are not going to be relegated.

I posted that very phrase on here a few months ago but I've actually changed my mind since. I just can't see us winning very many games between now and the end of the season.

With lack of a better phrase I just don't think we are man enough for the dogfight.

Hamilton are used to it - every season they find a way. A point at Tynecastle will be a very good result for them especially with 10 men for majority. They will take momentum from it.

Our biggest and "toughest" player is Uche and he rolls around like an infant child. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Folk calling the team gutless and chucking it themselves?

Exactly this Sir Gio . Don't get me wrong I feel the pressure but a win on Friday and things look entirely different. I am disappointed that things have not gone better with Stendel though but football is a confidence game and when you consider how absolutely abject we were for so long under Levein I can understand how the players Could still have confidence issues .

feedtheroman2

For me it's really quite simple. If a team of international players cannot...

• Beat the likes of Hamilton Academical football club (a tin-pot team who continually rot in the lower echelons of the league)

• Beat 10 men when you have 11 on the pitch

• Have the home advantage

Then we really don't deserve to stay up and if we do, it will be a bloody miracle.

Yes, relegation would be a blight on our history. Then again, how bad a financial hit will it be? We will hopefully romp the championship again and Stendel will have a full summer to regroup, regain and get a foot on the clutch.

3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

With lack of a better phrase I just don't think we are man enough for the dogfight.

Hamilton are used to it - every season they find a way. A point at Tynecastle will be a very good result for them especially with 10 men for majority. They will take momentum from it.

Our biggest and "toughest" player is Uche and he rolls around like an infant child. 

So in effect you are saying that hammer throwers are the way??? What a lot of bollocks skillful players are what win games 100% . Look at  Norwich vs Liverpool are Norwich hammer throwing Liverpool off their game?? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Exactly this Sir Gio . Don't get me wrong I feel the pressure but a win on Friday and things look entirely different. I am disappointed that things have not gone better with Stendel though but football is a confidence game and when you consider how absolutely abject we were for so long under Levein I can understand how the players Could still have confidence issues .

My biggest concern is the players don't look very sure of what they are meant to be doing 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

My biggest concern is the players don't look very sure of what they are meant to be doing 

I was going to put something to that effect into my post, not that I have seen them playing but when you have been constantly told that not losing is the object then maybe this is the problem. The players may just be taking the press just a bit too far. It must be a balance and  crucially defenders are a major part of the strategy.. if it is going to be successful. Sounds to me as though the defense have not grasped this yet?  Or is it that the defenders we have are just not up to snuff?

When Stendle was appointed, by this stage I thought we'd be clear of both Hamilton and St.Mirren, probably even with St.Johnstone and Ross County and closing in on the Free falling Kilmarnock.

But hey, shows how much I know!

18 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

A win on Friday! 
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Absolutely no chance of that team winning on Friday. We have won 1 away league match in a year. Behave yourself. We are gone. 

My concern, and I don’t believe we are doomed yet is that the other teams involved are used to it. To scrapping, time wasting, fighting. We’re not. The weather today was atrocious for football but they, as ugly as they played will rightly be delighted with a point.

Just now, rick witter said:

A win on Friday! 
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Absolutely no chance of that team winning on Friday. We have won 1 away league match in a year. Behave yourself. We are gone. 

See you you are only here when you have a chance to stick the knife in. Why don't you get back to sisterpumper.net where you belong.

1 hour ago, oi oi said:

Pretty sure we won't finish bottom.  If we lose next week then I reckon it'll be 11th place finish and squeaky bum time.  And if we are in the play off can all the pant wetters please stay away from the matches?

Who are you to tell hearts fans to stay away from games, 

All roads lead to Gorgie

A win is vital next week in Paisley, no beating about the bush! 

The bare minimum from today and next week should be 4 points and if we don't win the next game it will be abject failure once again!

Hamilton look well capable of taking quite a few points more this season so we will have to reel in St Mirren for sure!

Us and Hamilton both as shit as each other.St Mirren can at least defend just got to hope they don't score many.Would fecking love a couple of hard fought 1-0 wins soon to be honest this needing to score at least 2 for a draw is no good.

Still plenty points to play for but I just don't see us winning any of them, not when we give every other team a 2 goal start. We deserve to go down as we are the worst team in the league.

40 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

See you you are only here when you have a chance to stick the knife in. Why don't you get back to sisterpumper.net where you belong.

😂😂😂😂😂

im always here mate win (which isn’t very often) lose or draw. X

Selkirkhmfc1874
29 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

A win is vital next week in Paisley, no beating about the bush! 

The bare minimum from today and next week should be 4 points and if we don't win the next game it will be abject failure once again!

Hamilton look well capable of taking quite a few points more this season so we will have to reel in St Mirren for sure!

Most of our recent games have been most win and we just not beating even the teams directly above us at tynecastle! Worrying times 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

The match stats suggest we dragged ourselves back into a game against ten men where we had once again gifted our opponents a goal or 2. For much of that game Hamilton didnt leave their half. No dramatist here. Realist. We keep thinking we will pick up points on those around us, yes we are closer to hamilton than we were but we are not making a good job of having a real fight.

Not sure drama comes into it. Players still making errors that they did under levein. Stendel has not given us a lift points wise.

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Still plenty points to play for but I just don't see us winning any of them, not when we give every other team a 2 goal start. We deserve to go down as we are the worst team in the league.

We've been saying plenty points to play for for months now!! Time is fast running out. Not beating our nearest rivals on our home patch when they have lots of injuries makes you wonder exactly where we will pick up points.

3 hours ago, jock _turd said:

So in effect you are saying that hammer throwers are the way??? What a lot of bollocks skillful players are what win games 100% . Look at  Norwich vs Liverpool are Norwich hammer throwing Liverpool off their game?? 

Didn't mention anything about hammer throwers. I mentioned players not being man enough for a dog fight. As in players who dig deep and fight for every ball, defend like their place in the league depends on it, throw their bodies on the line for the ball. 

But you knew that.

7 hours ago, James1874f said:

Change of scenery next season guys.

Cant see this bunch of bottlers getting us out of this utterly pathetic.

We’re just not good enough 

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Didn't mention anything about hammer throwers. I mentioned players not being man enough for a dog fight. As in players who dig deep and fight for every ball, defend like their place in the league depends on it, throw their bodies on the line for the ball. 

But you knew that.

And jeez did the Hamilton players do that today! They defended as if their life depended on it - I don’t think our players have that in them.

6 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

We can't change the players. Changing the CEO won't make a difference on the pitch. Desperate times, desperate measures. Sack Stendel tonight. Our best chance of changing things. His tactics are hopeless. He has come in and incredibly managed to make things worse. Getting relegated would be a disaster for our club. Roll the dice on a new manager. Stendel was the wrong manager at the wrong time. Both Hannover and Barnsley improved after they sacked him.

Barnsley didn't.  We re 6 points from safety ( 7 really as we've the worst goal difference. ) 

But I do think you need a 4th manager this season to turn things round. 

3 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Barnsley didn't.  We re 6 points from safety ( 7 really as we've the worst goal difference. ) 

But I do think you need a 4th manager this season to turn things round. 

6 points from 11 games under Stendel.

22 points from 22 games since Stendel was sacked.

Looks like a clear improvement to me. Relative gaps are a really bad way to compare as they naturally get bigger the more games are played if teams maintain the same form in relation to each other.

10 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

6 points from 11 games under Stendel.

22 points from 22 games since Stendel was sacked.

Looks like a clear improvement to me. Relative gaps are a really bad way to compare as they naturally get bigger the more games are played if teams maintain the same form in relation to each other.

As someone who is a season ticket holder I know we'd have won games under Stendel as we have under Struber. Would we have avoided relegation,  highly unlikely if the board had continued not to back him.

You are more than entitled to your opinion but you dont know Barnsley anymore than I know Hearts. 

Edited by Redhelen

7 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

As someone who is a season ticket holder I know we'd have won games under Stendel as we have under Struber. Would we have avoided relegation,  highly unlikely if the board had continued not to back him.

You are more than entitled to your opinion but you dont know Barnsley anymore than I know Hearts. 

I don't know Barnsley, but I do know averaging a point a game is an improvement on averaging 0.55 points a game. That isn't an opinion that is a fact. Barnsley have improved since they sacked Stendel.

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

I don't know Barnsley, but I do know averaging a point a game is an improvement on averaging 0.55 points a game. That isn't an opinion that is a fact. Barnsley have improved since they sacked Stendel.

In your opinion. But point average isnt the only measure, especially when both are relegation form.

Just now, Redhelen said:

In your opinion. But point average isnt the only measure, especially when both are relegation form.

No point discussing with someone who won't accept even basic facts. Good luck explaining to the EFL at the end of the season that points aren't what matter. Maybe they'll let Barnsley stay up when you explain that it is just their opinion that Barnsley have less points than the other teams.

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

No point discussing with someone who won't accept even basic facts. Good luck explaining to the EFL at the end of the season that points aren't what matter. Maybe they'll let Barnsley stay up when you explain that it is just their opinion that Barnsley have less points than the other teams.

The point I'm making is that neither Daniel's record or Strubers record so far has got us out the relegation zone. And the reason for that lies with our board, not necessarily the managers. But you seem unable to grasp what I'm saying so we'll leave it there.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

The point I'm making is that neither Daniel's record or Strubers record so far has got us out the relegation zone. And the reason for that lies with our board, not necessarily the managers. But you seem unable to grasp what I'm saying so we'll leave it there.

While you’re here did the defenders Adair to the pressing style right away or did it take them a while, it’s really all that’s holding us back at the minute. 
By the way, if you don’t already realise this, we are some of the biggest moaning *******s in football.

6 hours ago, ramrod said:

Just in Hamilton were pretty comfortable till they went down to ten men . 

Hearrs absolutely battered them in the second half and should have won it . 

Worrying Stendel is making the same mistakes constantly. Instead of sitting in for the first part of the game with the fullbacks and seeing what the opponents have he's going gung-ho from the start and we're getting picked off by utter Shite . 

Make no mistake if this continues we're down 100%!

👍said

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

While you’re here did the defenders Adair to the pressing style right away or did it take them a while, it’s really all that’s holding us back at the minute. 
By the way, if you don’t already realise this, we are some of the biggest moaning *******s in football.

This season we've struggled with our defence as it was totally new with no championship experienced,  under both managers.  Last season it clicked fairly quickly but we did have a settled defence for most of the season.

We're going down if we can't catch up with AND then better the survival abilities of Hamilton and St Mirren. In the concluding bottom-6 games of games of last season 2018/19, Hamilton W2 D2, St Mirren W3 D2.  God knows where we are going to find similar levels of form.

image.thumb.png.8ec2eac6e59ad4783225900b80b01c5e.png

WheatfieldWarrior
5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The match stats suggest we dragged ourselves back into a game against ten men where we had once again gifted our opponents a goal or 2. For much of that game Hamilton didnt leave their half. No dramatist here. Realist. We keep thinking we will pick up points on those around us, yes we are closer to hamilton than we were but we are not making a good job of having a real fight.

Not sure drama comes into it. Players still making errors that they did under levein. Stendel has not given us a lift points wise.

With a 2 goal lead and a man sent off Hamilton sat in and didn't push for a 3rd goal. 

29 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Helen, should you be on Barnsley Kickback celebrating the fact your new manager went to London today and won 3-0 over one of the teams favourite for promotion?  

4 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

With a 2 goal lead and a man sent off Hamilton sat in and didn't push for a 3rd goal. 

Exactly.  That’s the realistic view of the game.  

Heroically dragged ourselves back from being two down which a) wasn’t against the run of play and b) the first goal was offside but as we went heroically getting a point against Hamilton, this only happened because we got the benefit of an offside goal too.  

Ref was shite?  Assistant was shite?  Tell that to the Hamilton bench too.  Their game plan worked a treat, we snatched a point against all odds against them with all their best players missing because they went down to 10 and tried to shut up shop, rightfully. 

7 hours ago, black stump said:

Mathematically posible to stay up, but looks very unlikely I'm afraid...

We are still one win away the bottom, two wins from safety. 

Mathematically chat ?