Weather Forecast

TyphoonJambo

Dennis is going to hit hardest around kick off time. Surely this can't go ahead. I would rather we had a chance to play football in decent conditions. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jock _turd

• The Real Maroonblood

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Dennis is going to hit hardest around kick off time. Surely this can't go ahead. I would rather we had a chance to play football in decent conditions. 

Your needing to change your name, mate :lol:

Try LightbreezeJambo

Not ideal, as last weekend proves your concern.

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

We played in worse last Saturday.

Met Office has heavy rain with breaks of sun and 40mph gusts. 

Won’t be a problem, though I fear for Bobby’s kicks...

Edited by kila

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Just looked at met office Gogarbank

90% chance of rain from 1pm  going down to 60% around 5pm

40mph wind speed (gusts) throughout the match with wind speed of 20 SSE

The stadium should be reasonably shielded from that direction

-

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Try LightbreezeJambo

To be honest im sat in the sun in Spain 🇪🇸 and just watching BBC weather but i was home last weekend and that was bad enough. 

Maybe weebittywetfart Jamno, could be a better name i suppose. Fingers crossed and if it does go ahead. Let's get right behind them 

Weather isn’t going to be the best and I’ve heard a lot of temporary traffic lights in and around Gorgie/Saughton which has been causing havoc all week.

23 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Thought the same last week too and look what happened

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

My flight home has been cancelled already for tonight.

I'm stuck in Edinburgh... Oh no.

😀😀😀

Ah it’s you. Thought we had a new poster as didn’t get the Dickens theme straight away. 👍

highlandjambo3
28 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Storm Daniel will hit harder 

20 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m off to Skye for a late valentines lunch (sorry could not get out of it)..........I may not be back 

Jeso bud, are you a man or a mouse, squeak, squeak pass the cheese 😂😂👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

10 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Weather isn’t going to be the best and I’ve heard a lot of temporary traffic lights in and around Gorgie/Saughton which has been causing havoc all week.

Yeah there's temporary lights up now on the Calder Road, down to one lane just outside the prison. Heard there's more further along towards Gorgie but not sure, anyone driving in should give themselves an extra half hour I'd say. 

1 minute ago, Sneckiejambo said:

Jeso bud, are you a man or a mouse, squeak, squeak pass the cheese 😂😂👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

Totally agree, wumin love a strong, decisive kind of guy. Tell her to can it, get her nails done (nothing too fancy mind, doing the washing will wreck them anyway) and get yourself to the game. 

This approach worked fine with my 3 ex wifes. 

Bloody hope it’s not in doubt!! Will be leaving in around an hour for the drive down from Aberdeenshire with the family. The wee man will be devastated! 

20 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Bloody hope it’s not in doubt!! Will be leaving in around an hour for the drive down from Aberdeenshire with the family. The wee man will be devastated! 

This...We've flown up from Southampton last night for daughters first and sons second game! Poor Kids 😔

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Try LightbreezeJambo

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Ardmillan Terrace is closed.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

Relax Douglas the game will be on. Shite weather but if that game is played at Falkirk with one open side to the ground then the game goes ahead today at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

😀😀😀

You could always come to my house.   I have a spare room.   When I say room,  it's actually a shed.    Should do you though.

Bloody hope it’s on, caught the train from Peterborough at 7am and been looking forward to this for ages. 

Sounds like awful weather but hoping the weather-in-the-knowers are right 😄

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Mollo said:

Bloody hope it’s on, caught the train from Peterborough at 7am and been looking forward to this for ages. 

Sounds like awful weather but hoping the weather-in-the-knowers are right 😄

It’ll be on.

Don’t let a few pant wetters discourage you.

I think people are missing the real point here... it is not about 22 people playing a game of football... it is about 15K plus people travelling to and from this game in safety! If safety is an issue, an it definitely is, the game should be postponed end of. Of course we know that won't happen but god forbid someone driving along the road and being hit by a falling tree or someone being hit by debris falling from a roof due to the high winds or maybe a train hitting a fallen tree in a rail track.  These are reason to postpone a football match not whether the over paid twats on the field can play in the conditions .

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

I think people are missing the real point here... it is not about 22 people playing a game of football... it is about 15K plus people travelling to and from this game in safety! If safety is an issue, an it definitely is, the game should be postponed end of. Of course we know that won't happen but god forbid someone driving along the road and being hit by a falling tree or someone being hit by debris falling from a roof due to the high winds or maybe a train hitting a fallen tree in a rail track.  These are reason to postpone a football match not whether the over paid twats on the field can play in the conditions .

By that reckoning if the forecast is this during the week then businesses should close their doors and keep staff at home.  There is always a risk on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Weather is going to be better than last weekend and we are playing in a much more enclosed stadium. Why would it be off?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

By that reckoning if the forecast is this during the week then businesses should close their doors and keep staff at home.  There is always a risk on a daily basis.

Exactly.

As was discussed by some of the managers this week, wind doesn't seem to be a factor in deciding whether games should go ahead. 

It won't be enough to postpone game but could spoil it. 

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

That is true but anybody should recognise that it is foolish to deliberately put yourself in harms way for no good reason. For example, different situation but, if the ground was covered but the weather forecast was for high winds and snow making travelling conditions dangerous it would be foolish not to postpone the game... even though the conditions at the ground would be perfectly playable. The point is was making, trying to, was that the safety of the public traveling to and from the game is what should be the arbiter of whether the game goes ahead or not... not whether the players could cope with the weather conditions.

To be honest im sat in the sun in Spain 🇪🇸 and just watching BBC weather but i was home last weekend and that was bad enough. 

Maybe weebittywetfart Jamno, could be a better name i suppose. Fingers crossed and if it does go ahead. Let's get right behind them 

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

😀😀😀

I'm also in Spain and will be watching the game in the sun with copious amounts of alcohol, wouldn't mind my flight home tomorrow being cancelled for another couple of days though.

17 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Come on man it's a bit of wind and rain there's no need to be so dramatic. We've always had weather like this it's only recently we've gone all American and started naming the systems as if its proper hurricanes coming in. If it was heavy ice and snow I'd agree but this? Nah. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Try LightbreezeJambo

:lol: 

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

That is true but anybody should recognise that it is foolish to deliberately put yourself in harms way for no good reason. For example, different situation but, if the ground was covered but the weather forecast was for high winds and snow making travelling conditions dangerous it would be foolish not to postpone the game... even though the conditions at the ground would be perfectly playable. The point is was making, trying to, was that the safety of the public traveling to and from the game is what should be the arbiter of whether the game goes ahead or not... not whether the players could cope with the weather conditions.

You could make a case for it sure but it would have to be followed in all aspects of life including work and it wont happen.  Individuals should make their own decisions on travel.  I just think the modern phenomenon of naming "storms" , when in reality its a bit of wind and rain, leads to an overreaction in many quarters.  There is a daily risk for everybody and we should make our own decisions.  My decision is to go to the game and take a very small risk because I love watching my team.  If I'm dealt a bad hand then that's life.

Agreed