Boyce & Hickey

Handofgod2015

N Lincs Jambo
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Kickback - “hate how we never go for it at Parkhead and always shite it”

Also Kickback - “can’t believe we didn’t rest our best players at Parkhead given that we were going to get humped anyway”

I love this place, always have and probably always will, but it’s a car crash at times. 

The best and most accurate post on the thread. We don’t half like a “lose-lose” scenario on Kickback!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DH1986

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Mikey1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ah come on lads. He has it in him to terrorise opposition, especially fullbacks. Let's pray today's one of those days

Unfortunately referees seem unfazed by him or his diving though.  Thats the way of it...

Shame, i quite like him otherwise and can see the alternate options he brings to a squad.

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I dislike Hamilton Accies as a club. A club that doesn't deserve top league status with a ground and crowd like theirs. However, I do respect their youth development. They've produced a few pretty decent players over the years, same with Motherwell. These clubs have no choice other than to produce their own with the bigot brothers not far up the road. Fair play to the fans that do support them, least they don't fall for the west coast media and kiss the arses of dumb and dumber or go along with their religious braindead nonsense. However, a club like Hearts should never be "wary" of playing any club, never mind the old squirm. We are in a mess right now and it needs sorted. If we don't get three points today then confidence will crumble. We have St Mirren next week, we have a poor record there and they've really tightened up at the back. We need three points there as well but it's going to be a really hard game to win which is why it's vital three points are collected today, no matter how it's done.

On current form we need 3 goals to win. There lies the problem.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Also Kickback - “can’t believe we didn’t rest our best players at Parkhead given that we were going to get humped anyway”

I love this place, always have and probably always will, but it’s a car crash at times. 

In fairness we all hate how we never go for it in Glasgow, never mind just Parkhead. That first line would be under normal circumstances though. Right now we are not in our normal circumstances and we're rooted to the bottom of the table having lost six goals to St J and Killie recently so there's a bit of a difference. Celtic were always going to win the game whether it be 2-0 or 6-0. If we go to Parkhead and lose 5-0 with a full squad to pick from or rest a couple and still lose 5-0 then what's the difference? The game was  irrelevant. It would only be relevant if we were fighting for a European spot near the top of the table. At the moment though i'd choose to keep a couple of the more influential players fresh for the Hamilton game given the importance of it.

13 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I dislike Hamilton Accies as a club. A club that doesn't deserve top league status with a ground and crowd like theirs. However, I do respect their youth development. They've produced a few pretty decent players over the years, same with Motherwell. These clubs have no choice other than to produce their own with the bigot brothers not far up the road. Fair play to the fans that do support them, least they don't fall for the west coast media and kiss the arses of dumb and dumber or go along with their religious braindead nonsense. However, a club like Hearts should never be "wary" of playing any club, never mind the old squirm. We are in a mess right now and it needs sorted. If we don't get three points today then confidence will crumble. We have St Mirren next week, we have a poor record there and they've really tightened up at the back. We need three points there as well but it's going to be a really hard game to win which is why it's vital three points are collected today, no matter how it's done.

Yes I totally agree with you a great post . At the end of the day we should really be beating a team like Hamilton at home regardless of who’s missing they’ve not won there since 1978 . Brian rice also said his team is down to the bear bones they have problems too let’s not forget .

Scottie Wanshot.
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't agree, we were trying to get a result. Hearts should always be trying to get a result. 

more chance getting the lottery up, than winning on Wednesday at parkhead.

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

If Boyce hadn’t started at Parkhead Stendel would have been slated by the exact same people who are saying he should have been rested. 

Except the one who said  he should be left out.....

💁🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

If Boyce hadn’t started at Parkhead Stendel would have been slated by the exact same people who are saying he should have been rested. 

Bull 

It was clearly the wrong call 

Lets hope we get away with it because things are desperate 

53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That was my opinion.

And had it been done people would have been going ape shit that we didnt put out a full team.

19 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Bull 

It was clearly the wrong call 

Lets hope we get away with it because things are desperate 

Utter revisionist crap.

Of course people would have been moaning he didnt play his strongest striker.

I would fancy if you went to the thread of the game there was hardly anyone, if anyone at all, saying we shouldnt play our strongest team.

Its people who like to look at the negative in everything we do.

Edited by Jamboelite

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't agree, we were trying to get a result. Hearts should always be trying to get a result. 

Correct 

49 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Nailed it.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Utter revisionist crap.

Of course people would have been moaning he didnt play his strongest striker.

I would fancy if you went to the thread of the game there was hardly anyone, if anyone at all, saying we shouldnt play our strongest team.

Its people who like to look at the negative in everything we do.

Easy tiger . Nip back to Wed match thread and you'll see called it . 

We should have rested Naisy and Boyce for the next two games . 

It was a no brainier, nearly everyone I spoke to felt the same . 

It won't matter a hot if we win today , let's hope we get away with it 👍🏻

cardboardcutout

Can I tempt a hounding by suggesting that Boyce has yet to live up to the hype! a good performance against an average rangers team who missed a lot of good chances which if they had morelos would likely have ended up differently and resulted in a late goal winner has not convinced me yet that he's all that! I know he's whate need ie a penalty box robbo type but he's not in the box enough for me and our delivery from wide is gash so he along with every other player has got to find 10/20/30% improvement before we can consider him or anyone a success! IMO

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Easy tiger . Nip back to Wed match thread and you'll see called it . 

We should have rested Naisy and Boyce for the next two games . 

It was a no brainier, nearly everyone I spoke to felt the same . 

It won't matter a hot if we win today , let's hope we get away with it 👍🏻

And you think the majority on JKB, those that attended the game and generally all other Hearts fans would have agreed with that decision had it happened ?

So we would have been spanked 5-0 and JKB would have agreed that it was the right call to drop those players ?

In a season in which we need to do all we can in ALL the remaining games, even if it was a remote chance, we have to fight and scrap for every point and that means playing the strongest team.

Injuries happen but if the fear of injuries stops us playing players then we are ****ed.

We shouldnt fear Hamilton we just need to work hard and get the result and be better organised.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 minute ago, cardboardcutout said:

Can I tempt a hounding by suggesting that Boyce has yet to live up to the hype! a good performance against an average rangers team who missed a lot of good chances which if they had morelos would likely have ended up differently and resulted in a late goal winner has not convinced me yet that he's all that! I know he's whate need ie a penalty box robbo type but he's not in the box enough for me and our delivery from wide is gash so he along with every other player has got to find 10/20/30% improvement before we can consider him or anyone a success! IMO

I understand the point but his movement, work rate and position sense as well as his hold up

play has been good.

His service has been awful.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Folk saying we should’ve rested players at Parkhead 😆😆 We should have done the same against SevCo aye??

Celtic at Parkhead with Hamilton the following few days is a complete different proposition.  I doubt Boyle would have been happy being dropped though. 

8 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

He was excellent against St Johnstone, looked tired against Kilmarnock, decent against Falkirk in horrendous conditions and was a thankless task on Wednesday but thought he did pretty well. Would say he’s been good so far with more to come hopefully starting today.

Edited by karipidis

26 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

And had it been done people would have been going ape shit that we didnt put out a full team.

Not me with Hamilton and St Mirren coming up.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

images (26).jpeg

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

On current form we need 3 goals to win. There lies the problem.

4 goals to win. If St Johnstone and Killie games are anything to go by. 

47 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

He's a better player than I expected. Link up play is up there with Naismith's level. 2 goals and 3 assists already despite the team not creating many chances.

Will be gutted if he misses out today.

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

With respect . 

Boyce and Naisy are essential to our survival hopes . They've both be basically playing Sat Wed since the Winter break . Both looked  off the pace in the Killie and Falkirk games . 

Naisy has a history of injuries and we're still flogging him till he goes again . 

These two games coming up are absolutely massive , the Celtic game was always a zero chance to any realist . 

All the top clubs in England rotate at the busy time of year and pick and choose their battles .

We should have played the percentages because make no mistake this has handed a massive boost to Hamilton and put us on the back foot . 

I called it on Wednesday before the game tbf . 

Hamilton have lost their captain to injury v Aberdeen. Perhaps they should have rested him too. These decisions are easy to make if you're ultra cautious or not worried about losing the points you don't expect to get.

10 hours ago, barcajambo said:

Boyce is out, hasn’t trained since Celtic.  

Hickey starts, Zlamal in goals, uche upfront and smith holding mid.

Gr8 info m8

10 hours ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Someone told me in the taxi tonight they heard Boyce was out with a back injury picked up @ Darkheed and that Hickey is in the squad.........

Could be a load of ham shank but do any of the “in the know” crew have any info in this? 

Boyce plays

10 hours ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Someone told me in the taxi tonight they heard Boyce was out with a back injury picked up @ Darkheed and that Hickey is in the squad......

I suppose it was half right.

Can’t believe we’re risking Clare, Smith, Hickey and Boyce today with a big game against St Mirren on Friday.  

Stendel’s ****ing lost it...

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Can’t believe we’re risking Clare, Smith, Hickey and Boyce today with a big game against St Mirren on Friday.  

Stendel’s ****ing lost it...

Haha

Maybe play the reserves until the split. Be safe out there lads!

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

With respect . 

Boyce and Naisy are essential to our survival hopes . They've both be basically playing Sat Wed since the Winter break . Both looked  off the pace in the Killie and Falkirk games . 

Naisy has a history of injuries and we're still flogging him till he goes again . 

These two games coming up are absolutely massive , the Celtic game was always a zero chance to any realist . 

All the top clubs in England rotate at the busy time of year and pick and choose their battles .

We should have played the percentages because make no mistake this has handed a massive boost to Hamilton and put us on the back foot . 

I called it on Wednesday before the game tbf . 

But like I said, you are labelling yourself a realist and then promptly ignoring that Boyce  himself would've been very keen to play a big game at CP...He came to Hearts precisely because his previous club were not playing him! ... "realise" that! Haha

3 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

gotta laugh someone posts a player is out and that some other players are starting and nobody questions it,and just takes it as gospel

To be fair, Boyce hasn’t trained and passed a late fitness test mate.

2 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

To be fair, Boyce hasn’t trained and passed a late fitness test mate.

Fair enough all your other info was bang on . 

The new go to guy