Boyce & Hickey

Handofgod2015

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

Showing we should have played our strongest team and we did have a chance of the result. 

I’m in two minds. I’d probably say we should have rested guys for the Falkirk games if necessary. The only reason I’m in two minds is Naismith has seemed a bit off form lately. Might’ve kept him fresh for today bit certainly wouldn’t have made wholesale changes. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DH1986

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Mikey1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I don’t remember anyone here saying pre match V. Celtic we should rest Boyce or any players as a matter of fact?

Happy to be corrected with a screenshot?

To then say now, with hindsight, they should have been rested is just weak.

I said it.

Which is why I’m strongly arguing the point now.

35 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'm not ITK but must of us are believing it based on the second post on the thread backing it up. Could obviously still be nonsense.

I think I’ll wait and see , not that I’m doubting anyone but I’ll just bide my time .

It shouldn’t really matter , it’s ****ing hamilton we’re playing at home 

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Is Naismith out too?

No, but his form had dipped before Wednesday and, for an injury-prone player, he's played a lot of minutes in a short space of time. I'd have rested him and kept him fresh for today.

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

I think I’ll wait and see , not that I’m doubting anyone but I’ll just bide my time .

It shouldn’t really matter , it’s ****ing hamilton we’re playing at home 

They are still better than us just now though 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, DH1986 said:

I said it.

I don’t see the problem in it.  You sometimes see teams in the relegation zone in the EPL rest players when they play the top teams then bring them back in for a more winnable and important game against a fellow struggler.  Makes sense and it’s why you have a squad.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I said it.

And if he's not out today then you have been arguing over nothing

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m in two minds. I’d probably say we should have rested guys for the Falkirk games if necessary. The only reason I’m in two minds is Naismith has seemed a bit off form lately. Might’ve kept him fresh for today bit certainly wouldn’t have made wholesale changes. 

It is a fair question.

I suspect Boyce wants to play every game and Naismith now fully fit wants to get his sharpness back.

But I think Stendel went in to win game. Looking at the game and the reaction including from Celtic fans we had a chance. 

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I said it.

Fair enough.

However can you imagine the shitstorm on here if Stendel has rested Boyce V Celtic?

I can 👍

6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Not really.....

I still would have preferred resting Boyce and a few others given the games coming up.

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Fair enough.

However can you imagine the shitstorm on here if Stendel has rested Boyce V Celtic?

I can 👍

I don’t particularly care about the shit storm in here or the disapproval of the 200 supporters who went to Celtic.

This is about staying in the division and tough decisions need to be made.

Put it this way.

If today was a cup final absolutely no one would have a problem with Stendel resting 2-3 of our best players on Wednesday.

Today is our cup final. Losing is unthinkable. 

Called it on Wednesday night ? Playing him and Naismith there with these two games coming up was a horrendous decision. 

Both them looked jaded against Killie and Falkirk. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is a fair question.

I suspect Boyce wants to play every game and Naismith now fully fit wants to get his sharpness back.

But I think Stendel went in to win game. Looking at the game and the reaction including from Celtic fans we had a chance. 

He did go to win the game. Whether we had a chance or not is more down to playing with the same intensity for 90 minutes rather than 45. This seems a bit beyond us at the moment. 

Jambof3tornado

Imagine we had rested players and caught celtic on a rare off day and the game was there to be won but we just lacked a wee bit quality.

Stendel woukd have been ripped a new one.

You dont ever rest players for league fixtures, ever.

25 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I don’t remember anyone here saying pre match V. Celtic we should rest Boyce or any players as a matter of fact?

Happy to be corrected with a screenshot?

To then say now, with hindsight, they should have been rested is just weak.

I did feel free to check it out ,I can't be bothered . 

Like i  said Horrendous decision by Stendel 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

This 

he is dog poop 

Your posts and attitude towards Hearts are as you put it ‘dog poop’ and that’s being extremely kind. It seems you are absolutely desperate for Hearts to fail at everything they do. Still can’t decide if you are a parody account

2 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

Uche should be no where near our first team even with Boyce out. He’ll spend the entire game wrestling with the defenders without once looking at the ball. He doesn’t link play, has a terrible touch and couldn’t hit a coo on the erse with a banjo. Get Washy playing along side Walker/Naisy/Mosh.

I would love Uche to prove me wrong but sadly I just don’t think he is capable of doing so. If picked he along with ten others will get full encouragement to get what will be an absolutely crucial three points.

HHGH

I agree about Uche but Washington is not far off being just as bad. He runs about a lot but offers no real goal threat.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Your posts and attitude towards Hearts are as you put it ‘dog poop’ and that’s being extremely kind. It seems you are absolutely desperate for Hearts to fail at everything they do. Still can’t decide if you are a parody account

Class clown,  one of 2

Just now, wavydavy said:

I agree about Uche but Washington is not far off being just as bad. He runs about a lot but offers no real goal threat.

yep

3 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

I decided a long time ago!

23 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Unless he gets cones of injured today or misses St Mirren , then he's a visionary 

Stendel yesterday after talking about the chance for some rest after today with no midweek game for players suffering a bit. Mentioned Smith and Clare. 

"This game is so important that anyone who can play will play" 

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Imagine we had rested players and caught celtic on a rare off day and the game was there to be won but we just lacked a wee bit quality.

Stendel woukd have been ripped a new one.

You dont ever rest players for league fixtures, ever.

Indeed. Boyce came here to play football not be rested in games at Celtic Park. How to annoy your new striker 101...These people calling for him to be rested are taking the computer game approach rather than the human approach.

32 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

They are still better than us just now though 

Are they **** 

you believe that if you want fine but there is no way at anytime past present or in the future that they will be better than Heart if Midlothian 

Just now, ramrod said:

Unless he gets cones of injured today or misses St Mirren , then he's a visionary 

Just now, Hearts007 said:

?

"comes off injured today" probably.

Edited by jambonian

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Are they **** 

you believe that if you want fine but there is no way at anytime past present or in the future that they will be better than Heart if Midlothian 

League table doesn’t lie 

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed. Boyce came here to play football not be rested in games at Celtic Park. How to annoy your new striker 101...These people calling for him to be rested are taking the computer game approach rather than the human approach.

With respect . 

Boyce and Naisy are essential to our survival hopes . They've both be basically playing Sat Wed since the Winter break . Both looked  off the pace in the Killie and Falkirk games . 

Naisy has a history of injuries and we're still flogging him till he goes again . 

These two games coming up are absolutely massive , the Celtic game was always a zero chance to any realist . 

All the top clubs in England rotate at the busy time of year and pick and choose their battles .

We should have played the percentages because make no mistake this has handed a massive boost to Hamilton and put us on the back foot . 

I called it on Wednesday before the game tbf . 

gotta laugh someone posts a player is out and that some other players are starting and nobody questions it,and just takes it as gospel

Edited by Hearts007

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Said it midweek we should have rested Boyce and Naismith in what was a no chance of winning fixture.

That was my opinion.

8 hours ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Someone told me in the taxi tonight they heard Boyce was out with a back injury picked up @ Darkheed and that Hickey is in the squad.........

Could be a load of ham shank but do any of the “in the know” crew have any info in this? 

Was it Ozcabs  ?

8 hours ago, barcajambo said:

Boyce is out, hasn’t trained since Celtic.  

Hickey starts, Zlamal in goals, uche upfront and smith holding mid.

Source?

Hackney Hearts
38 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If today was a cup final absolutely no one would have a problem with Stendel resting 2-3 of our best players on Wednesday.

I think we rested about 6 of our players the week before the 2012 cup final, away to Celtic? And coincidentally lost 5-0.

Different scenario there of course, because the league points were irrelevant rather than absolutely crucial.

There is a theory that the 'second choice' players might rise to the occasion, motivated to show that they deserve a starting place. I remember when we accidentally 'rested' 4 of our players after a game at Ibrox, and then managed to beat Celtic in the league cup by drafting in teenage Gary Naysmith - and Andy Thorn at the last minute.

I dislike Hamilton Accies as a club. A club that doesn't deserve top league status with a ground and crowd like theirs. However, I do respect their youth development. They've produced a few pretty decent players over the years, same with Motherwell. These clubs have no choice other than to produce their own with the bigot brothers not far up the road. Fair play to the fans that do support them, least they don't fall for the west coast media and kiss the arses of dumb and dumber or go along with their religious braindead nonsense. However, a club like Hearts should never be "wary" of playing any club, never mind the old squirm. We are in a mess right now and it needs sorted. If we don't get three points today then confidence will crumble. We have St Mirren next week, we have a poor record there and they've really tightened up at the back. We need three points there as well but it's going to be a really hard game to win which is why it's vital three points are collected today, no matter how it's done.

Edited by jambonian

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Folk saying we should’ve rested players at Parkhead 😆😆 We should have done the same against SevCo aye??

That was at home  and they're shite , just sayin 

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Folk saying we should’ve rested players at Parkhead 😆😆 We should have done the same against SevCo aye??

You don’t know the difference between those games ?

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Not so good about Clare and Smith. 
No mention of Boyce which is good

You're quoting the EEN rather than a taxi driver though. I will wait until the teams announced before losing my shit.

Kickback - “hate how we never go for it at Parkhead and always shite it”

Also Kickback - “can’t believe we didn’t rest our best players at Parkhead given that we were going to get humped anyway”

I love this place, always have and probably always will, but it’s a car crash at times. 

Even if Stendel had wanted to rest Boyce, I’m fairly certain Boycey would have been desperate to play at his beloved Paradise.

:sniff:

:getout:

Edited by The Roller