Boyce & Hickey

Handofgod2015

Just now, DH1986 said:

There aren’t enough games.....which is why you have to have the balls and brains to make tough decisions.

Today is more important than Wednesday......that wasn’t a game we were ever winning. Anyone who thinks differently is dreaming.

I don't think anyone disagrees that today's game is more important. But putting out a B side against Celtic would have been more demoralising than the 5-0 loss imo. Killie didn't do that against Rangers and gained a vital 3 points.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DH1986

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Mikey1874

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rraaaarrrrrrrr gnash squeeeal squelch rraaaaaarrrrr.

And if Boyce got injured in training? Why oh why is he training?!?!

It's unlucky. The end.

Naismith up top please. If Uche plays, start him wider.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

It's unlucky. The end.

the Wheatfield concourses should be wide enough

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

It's unlucky. The end.

If Boyce is out, which seems unlikely to me somehow, Naismith must start up front, probably with Washington. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Fife should do it.

Just now, sjh1874 said:

the Wheatfield concourses should be wide enough

Ah come on lads. He has it in him to terrorise opposition, especially fullbacks. Let's pray today's one of those days

Taken from the Evening news this morning.

While Daniel Stendel has a decision to make with regard to whether Pereira, Zdenek Zlamal or Colin Doyle starts in goals, he has also some fitness issues to contend with.

Aaron Hickey is back training but is unlikely to be risked today while Michael Smith and Sean Clare have been nursing groin and hamstring problems but should be fit to face Accies. Toby Sibbick remains out through illness and Marcel Langer is suspended.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

We haven’t even lost today yet ffs! Why are you so negative all the time?

Think you are confusing me with someone else.

1 minute ago, Chaps said:

While Daniel Stendel has a decision to make with regard to whether Pereira, Zdenek Zlamal or Colin Doyle starts in goals, he has also some fitness issues to contend with.

Aaron Hickey is back training but is unlikely to be risked today while Michael Smith and Sean Clare have been nursing groin and hamstring problems but should be fit to face Accies. Toby Sibbick remains out through illness and Marcel Langer is suspended.

Not so good about Clare and Smith. 
No mention of Boyce which is good

9 minutes ago, stan said:

I don't think anyone disagrees that today's game is more important. But putting out a B side against Celtic would have been more demoralising than the 5-0 loss imo. Killie didn't do that against Rangers and gained a vital 3 points.

You are confusing playing a rampant Celtic away versus a creaking Rangers at home.

Two very very different games.

If you can’t even understand the basic and glaring differences in those games then it’s pointless discussing this with you any further.

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, stan said:

Demolarising? Aye we cant have that. 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I didn't see the press conference, but could it be that they only asked about those players because they had known knocks/illnesses? Stendel would have had to volunteer the information about Boyce without being asked about him specifically.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

You are confusing playing a rampant Celtic away versus a creaking Rangers at home.

If you can’t even understand the basic and glaring differences in those games then it’s pointless discussing this with you any further.

The manger wants to try and win every game, regardless of opponents. I doubt he’ll change that any time soon. 

Just now, Barack said:

All jokes aside, must be some virus Sibbick has.

Unless, he genuinely did have flu symptoms, and what with all the hysteria over Corona currently, have just kept him away for 14 days. 

Guesswork. But a pity for the kid.

If he’s had proper flu, he’ll be knackered for a couple of weeks. Had it a few years ago, was in bed for 5 days and drained of energy for a good couple of weeks later. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

The manger wants to try and win every game, regardless of opponents. I doubt he’ll change that any time soon. 

And in normal circumstances I’d be 100% on board with this and would be pissed off if we decided to play for a draw etc.

But at the moment this isn’t normal circumstances.....

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Not so good about Clare and Smith. 
No mention of Boyce which is good

Serously, what is Sibbicks illness? Its fitbaw not Athens marathon. Get him in the trenches ffs. The laddies are crumbling.

Just now, DH1986 said:

And in normal circumstances I’d be 100% on board with this and would be pissed off if we decided to play for a draw etc.

But at the moment this isn’t normal circumstances.....

I can see the logic in resting players for celtic, particularly given all the midweeks games. I just think with DS it’s just never going to happen again. Best team every game. Was fairly surprise how strong a side he put out against Falkirk but the writing was in the wall after that. 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Washington is equally useless - hasn’t scored apart from pens

Might as well play Halkett upfront. Scored more than the strikers and knows where the goal is.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Was a fairly toothless display, in all honesty.

Aye, i guess my point is. We have been so demoralised, for so long, that Wed was always an irrelevance in bigger picture.

Playing key players to avoid it, in my opinion, would be foolhardy with the next 7 days in mind, and potential injury to them.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he’s had proper flu, he’ll be knackered for a couple of weeks. Had it a few years ago, was in bed for 5 days and drained of energy for a good couple of weeks later. 

Could also be glandular fever, in which case he might be out for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Serously, what is Sibbicks illness? Its fitbaw not Athens marathon. Get him in the trenches ffs. The laddies are crumbling.

there’s a viral infection going about. May be that ? I was off for over a week but I know some that were off for longer. Floors your energy.

im surmising of course

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I can see the logic in resting players for celtic, particularly given all the midweeks games. I just think with DS it’s just never going to happen again. Best team every game. Was fairly surprise how strong a side he put out against Falkirk but the writing was in the wall after that. 

Given the exertions of the Falkirk game it made resting keep players even more vital imo.

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If its flu (the woman type) , then fair play and another of lady lucks moments 😓

21 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Confirmed Boyce is out or based on cab talk ? ( not having ago at the OP)

I'm not ITK but must of us are believing it based on the second post on the thread backing it up. Could obviously still be nonsense.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I don't think any team in our position can field a weakened team because 'we're never winning that'. 

What next, tell the players not to risk injury by challenging in the derby game?

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Was making a pun. You put "demolarising" instead. :)

Arghhh.. Out of date sunblock

If he is out it was always gonna be a problem who was gonna replace him.

should have signed Zeefuik as well..

He would have blocked out the wind today 😄

Just now, stan said:

I don't think any team in our position can field a weakened team because 'we're never winning that'. 

What next, tell the players not to risk injury by challenging in the derby game?

Once again.....

There are games we can win and games we just can’t. Celtic was a “can’t win”. 

Why bother risking players for a can’t win ?

Reality needs to hit home sooner or later.....surely ?!?!

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

there’s a viral infection going about. May be that ? I was off for over a week but I know some that were off for longer. Floors your energy.

im surmising of course

May also be protecting his team mates by keeping Sibbick away. I don't know if he's involved in training sessions at the moment?

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Once again.....

No team should have attitude that they cant win

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Once again.....

There are unlikely win games, but no can't win games. Unless of course you tell the team, nah, we're not competing tonight.

Just now, Hearts007 said:

No team should have attitude that they cant win

Another who needs to get real.

You’ll get no prizes for kidding yourself we were in with a chance of  beating Celtic on Wednesday.

46 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

If we'd started Uche and Washington instead of Boyce and Naismith on Wednesday, would that really have been tantamount to trying to lose deliberately? No, it would have been sensible squad rotation, given the game today and the amount of minutes Boyce and Naismith have played in a short space of time.

Is Naismith out too?

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Another who needs to get real.

You’ll get no prizes for kidding yourself we were in with a chance of  beating Celtic on Wednesday.

let every team in the league just play reserves against Celtic then and roll over

2 minutes ago, stan said:

There are unlikely win games, but no can't win games. Unless of course you tell the team, nah, we're not competing tonight.

We weren’t winning.....that was as certain a certainty as you’d likely to get all season.

5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

let every team in the league just play reserves against Celtic then and roll over

I can see both sides of the argument but not every side is in our position. Stendel clearly not going to rest players against anyone though so it doesn’t really matter. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I can see both sides of the argument but not every side is in our position. Stendel clearly not going to rest players against anyone though so it doesn’t really matter. 

yep

4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

What other teams do isn’t my concern tbh.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So all this about Pereira gifting the first goal is shite then. It didn't matter at all.

Not really with you bud?

Playing Celtic on a Wednesday night, virtually no chance of winning, wide pitch, two of the most important games in recent history coming up...of course you rest a couple of important players. A weakened team against Hamilton will give them a lift and make it more difficult than it should be for us. We need to go with a solid 4-4-2 today, no Clare running up and down trying to defend as well as get forward, one job for one player.  Could do a lot worse than playing Halkett upfront (as an ex-forward) if Boyce is out. Wouldn't do any worse than Uche or Washington when it comes to getting the ball in the net.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Not really with you bud?

All the people saying Celtic game didn't matter as we were always going to lose it.

Why care if the keeper made a mistake if keeping it 0-0 wasn't important.

I don’t remember anyone here saying pre match V. Celtic we should rest Boyce or any players as a matter of fact?

Happy to be corrected with a screenshot?

To then say now, with hindsight, they should have been rested is just weak.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

All the people saying Celtic game didn't matter as we were always going to lose it.

Why care if the keeper made a mistake if keeping it 0-0 wasn't important.

Got you now. Was a pivotal point in the game as was the timing if the second. We had a decent first half but again just couldn’t keep that going for the whole game, which is becoming a pattern tbh. Quite worrying. 

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

I don’t remember anyone here saying pre match V. Celtic we should rest Boyce or any players as a matter of fact?

Happy to be corrected with a screenshot?

To then say now, with hindsight, they should have been rested is just weak.

There were people saying it. Not me. Was on the Falkirk thread as well as the Celtic one. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Got you now. Was a pivotal point in the game as was the timing if the second. We had a decent first half but again just couldn’t keep that going for the whole game, which is becoming a pattern tbh. Quite worrying. 

Yes

Showing we should have played our strongest team and we did have a chance of the result. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

If we'd started Uche and Washington instead of Boyce and Naismith on Wednesday, would that really have been tantamount to trying to lose deliberately? No, it would have been sensible squad rotation, given the game today and the amount of minutes Boyce and Naismith have played in a short space of time.

Far too sensible but you’re wasting your time.