Hearts great goals - 1980’s

Skippy Doodle

What about the Levein ones though? He is “not welcome” at Tynecastle now according to one or two utter dicks... should we just remove them from our history to keep these types contented?

Obviously not watched them yet but thanks, that is fantastic. Before my time so I've probably not seen many of these. 

Where did you get all the footage from? 

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What about the Levein ones though? He is “not welcome” at Tynecastle now according to one or two utter dicks... should we just remove them from our history to keep these types contented?

What has whether he is welcome at Tynecastle or not and having a video on here got to do with each other?

I agree with your"dicks" comment though.

31 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Put together some compilation videos of goals from the 80’s

enjoy!

Top notch yet again Skippy 👍

Skippy Doodle
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Obviously not watched them yet but thanks, that is fantastic. Before my time so I've probably not seen many of these. 

Where did you get all the footage from? 

Some of the footage off my own VHS tapes but had some stuff donated to me as well 👍

5 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Some of the footage off my own VHS tapes but had some stuff donated to me as well 👍

Great stuff. Thanks for your time in putting these together and preserving Hearts history. 👍 

luckyBatistuta

Great watch👏

Such good times to be following Hearts as a youngster, feel like I was spoilt growing up in that HMFC generation. Not all great players, but boy did we have a fantastic team spirit. Loved wee JC, but Robbo was and still is my favourite player to pull on the jersey of the famous, proper man love for him😍 Some of the away trips back then were seriously mental affairs, but left now with incredible memories of it all. 

Cheers Skippy👌
🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

some things never change though....the referee is still a w#####🤣

Edited by luckyBatistuta

9 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

enjoy!

Thanks Skippy, a great watch and brings back some great memories. Had forgotten a few things though 

1) What a front three JC, Sandy Clark and Robbo were

2) What a player Levien was. Wonder how far he would’ve gone without the injuries 

3) How much I miss standing at the matches (although I probably welcome a seat at my age hahaha)

4) Packy Bonner was mince. 

And thanks for starting this in 83. The previous 6 or 7 years weren’t so enjoyable. 

Thanks Skippy that was a great watch. Takes me back to when I was a youngster going to the games with my dad. What strikes me is that back then we had a huge debt yet had better players and played better football. Wee Robbo is a legend and scoring nigh on 30 goals he would be worth an absolute fortune now. 

been here before

Some great memories there, I get all 'jumpers for goalposts' watching games from back then.

Not many players there who wouldnt walk right into our first team now and the amount of support away days could command was phenominal.

Happy days for the most part that despite the lack of silverware (Tennents Sixes aside), I wouldnt swap for anything.

The Goalscoring Knee

Cheers, Skippy - remember some of these like it was yesterday (can't remember what I had for tea yesterday, half the time, mind you)👍

(And the added bonus is seeing Bonner's moaning face, esp when he's beaten to a ball in the air by the not-very-tall-at-all John Robertson).

14 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The irony is that Levein is exactly the class of defender that Stendel needs for his system.

PS What a pleasure it was watching all these memories.  Robbo?  💔

Edited by colinmaroon

Ah, the 80s watching Hearts.....happy days home and away for me. Started recording highlights in 1986 and have every season's good results from then right up to today on vhs and dvd. Thirty-four seasons worth. Top five clubs in Scotland in the 80s were Rangers (the real one), Celtic, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Heart of Midlothian.  Was more feared of playing Jim McLean's Dundee Utd and Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen teams than the old firm.

Remnants of Standards

Watched that last night. Seen most of goals in the flesh, but it brought home how the game in general has changed too. The amount of Scots in the team compared to now in particular. Loved watching us through that period; it had it all-entertainment, heartbreak and ultimate ecstasy. 

Never had a front 3 worthy of the name since Robbo, Clark and Colquhoun.

Skippy Doodle
33 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ah, the 80s watching Hearts.....happy days home and away for me. Started recording highlights in 1986 and have every season's good results from then right up to today on vhs and dvd. Thirty-four seasons worth. Top five clubs in Scotland in the 80s were Rangers (the real one), Celtic, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Heart of Midlothian.  Was more feared of playing Jim McLean's Dundee Utd and Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen teams than the old firm.

That’s some collection mate 👍

51 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Exactly what I am thinking.  And the Hearts crowd at both Glasgow dumps, partly because they couldn't fill their grounds.

I remember a game at Ibrox in mid-80's (Greig manager) and there were about 15,000 at the game with about 3,000 Hearts fans.  Also, used to get both tiers of the Broomloan (?) Stand.

Skippy Doodle
On 14/02/2020 at 22:24, Special Officer Doofy said:

I could never do that. Man is still one of my favourite all time players

19 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Exactly what I am thinking.  And the Hearts crowd at both Glasgow dumps, partly because they couldn't fill their grounds.

I remember a game at Ibrox in mid-80's (Greig manager) and there were about 15,000 at the game with about 3,000 Hearts fans.  Also, used to get both tiers of the Broomloan (?) Stand.

When we were in the 1st Division, we drew them in the LC. We filled the top part of the Broomloan, about 6000 on a Wed night. 
We did fill the whole Broomloan but can’t remember if it was the season after but that’s about 9K. Incredible support.

Even as sevco started to improve, we were still getting a fair chunk of the Lower Broomloan right up to the millenium. 
Used to be the opposite side to where we are now. Some good days and bad.

Great clips btw.

Loved wee Johnson !

😀

Skippy Doodle
16 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Wonderful clips. Thoroughly enjoyed watching. Thank you!

No problem 95-97 should be upon YouTube later tonight 👍

queensferryjambo
On 14/02/2020 at 22:24, Special Officer Doofy said:

Is there such a thing as a Craig Levein goal on video from the 80s? 

He wasn't exactly prolific. The only one I really remember that was on video was the one in the 90s vs Hibs at Easter Road in the 4-1 victory and what a strike that was :) 

Felt quite emotional watching these as I used to go to all the games home and away with my faither and wee sister. My Dad is now gone and my sister and I barely speak. Good times. How quickly time passes.

On 14/02/2020 at 22:04, Skippy Doodle said:

enjoy!

Really enjoyed seeing some of them again thanks for that Skippy 👍

Superb. Many thanks. Brings back some great memories. Emotional stuff.

Robbo - forever my hero. Never see his likes again . Great times. Won fek all but boy we had a great time in the day

Skippy Doodle

Cheers for the feedback guys. Should get at least a video for 97-99 sorted over the weekend. Plan is to cover all years up until and including last season 👍

loving these videos. going to take me a while to get through watching them all.keep up the great work.

would love a compilation of all goals against h1b5. love watching the 90 goals dvd but no video compilations of all the goals that have come after.

Skippy Doodle
4 minutes ago, woody80 said:

loving these videos. going to take me a while to get through watching them all.keep up the great work.

would love a compilation of all goals against h1b5. love watching the 90 goals dvd but no video compilations of all the goals that have come after.

Would be happy to do one but I reckon one already exists by Blair HMFC on youtube but I have noticed it’s not there so I will make that my next mission 👍