Man City (not now ) banned from all UEFA competitions for next two seasons

milky_26

Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, Bury are heading for liquidation as their owner failed to stump up £5million to satisfy the CVA deal.

135 years of history gone.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

• the general

5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Makes you think doesnt it. Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea are all crap. Especially the first two. Man City have been very poor compared to their normal performance (hard to maintain, I know) this season and with this they won't be able to compete with Liverpool for players. Spurs are Spurs.

I'd agree, this is Liverpool's for the taking. If they splash the cash, they can dominate the EPL etc for years to come as they have a huge advantage over City at the moment and no-one else is anywhere near them.

Lol

History suggests Liverpool might just lose form and be there for the taking as easily too. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lol

History suggests Liverpool might just lose form and be there for the taking as easily too. 

What a Klopptastic comment.....needless to say not going to happen in the near future

Highly unlikely this will stand up in the court of arbitration, they will overturn ban, Uefa will get the fine money and handshakes will be had all around. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Hugely damaging for them! That mean 5th spot in the EPL gets CL or does it go elsewhere in Europe based on merit etc?

Goes elsewhere. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Highly unlikely this will stand up in the court of arbitration, they will overturn ban, Uefa will get the fine money and handshakes will be had all around. 

This. 

Hopefully not, tho. 

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Shame it wasn’t Liverpool, plenty plastic pool fans on here that would be greeting about this.

maybe next year.

All EPL fanboys are plastic. 

Hearts or nothing.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Hearts or nothing.

Bang on. Used to like City as a lad even went to Maine Road once. Now they are just another Man Utd, feel sorry for their pre premiership fans.

All the big clubs are at it but who gives a shit about it all anyway really?  You're as well supporting coca cola or mcdonalds if you are a fan of one of the corporate clubs in the champions league. 

No one can feel like they are a part of man utd, chelsea, etc etc.  It's all bullshit, trying to feel some kind of emotional pull to a club like man utd and cheering on pogba :rofl:

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Mean while back at Ibrox and Hampden...............

Exactly, nothing to see here.

Everything swept under the rug.

Brick Tamland
24 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hearts or nothing.

100% spot on.

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

All the big clubs are at it but who gives a shit about it all anyway really?  You're as well supporting coca cola or mcdonalds if you are a fan of one of the corporate clubs in the champions league. 

No one can feel like they are a part of man utd, chelsea, etc etc.  It's all bullshit, trying to feel some kind of emotional pull to a club like man utd and cheering on pogba :rofl:

:spoton:

43 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hearts or nothing.

:greatpost:

Henrysmithstaxi

Good. Didn’t mind them when they were a bit rubbish during the Goater et al era, Kinkladze and the like, but since their financial transformations from frogs to princes, they’ve become thoroughly dislikable in every way.

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

They’ve allowed the Spanish clubs, in particular, to do what they like with finances over many years. There was a time that the EU were said to have used the Spanish banks favourable treatment to Real Madrid as an example of how they were reckless with the borrowing they allowed.

It was certain that after 4 English clubs were in the European finals last season, that UEFA would look to satisfy displeasure from some of the previously dominant associations.

We are in a situation where countries own English teams now. The SKY cash has blown all reason away. Having said that, UEFA started all this by loading the Champions League in favour of the bigger clubs in Europe. No chance of a team like Malmo or even Celtic getting near a final now. 

Yes, how Real Madrid and Barcelona have escaped punishment is baffling. You would think UEFA are as corrupt as Fifa

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

:spoton:

Totally void of any emotion. 

4 hours ago, kila said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/14/manchester-city-banned-from-champions-league-two-seasons-ffp-uefa

Manchester City have been banned from the Champions League for the next two seasons by Uefa and fined €30m (£25m) after they were found to have seriously misled European football’s governing body and broken financial fair play rules.

Good!

1 hour ago, eighteen seventyfour said:

Imagine Sheikh Mansour taking over from Budge, mass suicides on kickback.

That's why we should keep the FOH voting for outside interest at 90%.

At least Hearts will be fan owned club not a play thing for some rich cancer. 

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Our of interest, would FFP in Scotland mean we couldn't have a mystery benefactor?

Only if we were gaining a sporting advantage many times over and above our earnings. 

Help towards building a new stand is hardly a sporting advantage in fact it will help the club to grow organicly. 

Which is what every club should be doing. 

9 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Bang on. Used to like City as a lad even went to Maine Road once. Now they are just another Man Utd, feel sorry for their pre premiership fans.

Aye, feel proper gutted for them like! 

I would love it if a billionaire bought us over and we won numerous trophies. I bet the those City fans that lived in Utds shadow have enjoyed every moment. 

It sounds like a decent idea FFP, but it's protectionism really - the teams at the top have done their spending and building, now shut the door so no one else can sit at the table.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do Man City fans gaf about the CL? 

They would if they actually won it...Til then they find it better to give the impression they don't. 

If they do win it this year, it would create an interesting conundrum for UEFA...

13 hours ago, Cade said:

Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, Bury are heading for liquidation as their owner failed to stump up £5million to satisfy the CVA deal.

135 years of history gone.

The Bury debacle shows how pathetic the "fit and proper person" regulations are. Stewart Day plunged the club into massive debt, reportedly paying League Two players up to £8,000 per week on attendances of 3,000.. He then walked away leaving the club in the hands of Steve Dale, a man with zero interest in a football club but a long history of liquidating companies. Two men with the initials S.D. able to wipe out 135 years of history as you say.

The introduction of FFP is a very bad thing for the game. Owners should not be allowed to run up debts in the club's name but gifting money, with clear paperwork ensuring they cannot demand the money back later, should be allowed. FFP is simply about ensuring the "great names" retain their power and no smaller club can challenge them. If a billionaire buys Hearts he should be allowed to invest his money to try and compete with The Old Firm, providing it is legally binding that he won't demand the money back later.

If clubs are only allowed to spend what they generate then it is almost impossible for anyone else to join Liverpool/manu in England, Celtic/Rangers in Scotland, Barca/Real Mad in Spain. FFP has nothing to do with ensuring clubs are run on sound financial grounds and everything to do with keeping the big boys on top and the rest of us in our place. I hope Manchester City win their appeal.

Edited by ROKERITE
change word

11 hours ago, Section Q said:

Why doesn't the FA also ban them......?

there is talk that the FA will dock them points as they would be in breach of FA FFP rules

12 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Our of interest, would FFP in Scotland mean we couldn't have a mystery benefactor?

depends upon what is in the FFP regs, i cant remember which ones (UEFA or EFL one) but a team can lose x amount each season so as long as the benefactor didn't put in more than that i would imagine we would be fine

I wonder if this one will end up in the real courts instead of the football courts. I'm not sure why but I have a distrust in football authorities. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, H2 said:

I wonder if this one will end up in the real courts instead of the football courts. I'm not sure why but I have a distrust in football authorities. 

Especially when they are or where being led by people like Doncaster, Blatter and Platini.

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

That's why we should keep the FOH voting for outside interest at 90%.

At least Hearts will be fan owned club not a play thing for some rich cancer. 

The Sheik would be a rich cancer.?...stop being silly

You can stick your head in the sand and ignore the realities if you want

If he or another like it took over our club there would be joy amongst the vast majority of the fans, we'd be building new stands to increase the capacity and Gorgie would undergo the biggest regeneration in it's history

Your ignorance of what the Sheik has done for Manchester City and the local community truly show you up on this topic

Of course we'd miss you but after a second or two another fan would come along and take your place

Personally I still think the regime he represents is unfair and unjust (and that is a discussion to have) but you cannot deny the benefits he has brought to Manchester and City in particular

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The Sheik would be a rich cancer.?...stop being silly

You can stick your head in the sand and ignore the realities if you want

If he or another like it took over our club there would be joy amongst the vast majority of the fans, we'd be building new stands to increase the capacity and Gorgie would undergo the biggest regeneration in it's history

Your ignorance of what the Sheik has done for Manchester City and the local community truly show you up on this topic

Of course we'd miss you but after a second or two another fan would come along and take your place

Personally I still think the regime he represents is unfair and unjust (and that is a discussion to have) but you cannot deny the benefits he has brought to Manchester and City in particular

Spot on

AlphonseCapone

Well the English wanted out of Europe* so....

* just a wee light hearted joke, don't be a roaster and turn it into a serious political thing or point out the EU and Europe aren't the same thing. Be 😎

Edited by AlphonseCapone

56 minutes ago, H2 said:

It will go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). That isn't a football court and isn't run by football authorities. If they lose there, Man City could appeal to the real courts in Switzerland, but they would look at whether CAS had followed procedure not whether they were right or wrong in the merits of the case. They would be very unlikely to succeed in real court. If they want to challenge the UEFA procedures, they need to do that at CAS.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

They would if they actually won it...Til then they find it better to give the impression they don't. 

If they do win it this year, it would create an interesting conundrum for UEFA...

Maybe?! But what I've seen and heard (As I myself, don't gaf about football outside of Hearts and Scotland) they don't really care about the CL. The EL?

43 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It will go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). That isn't a football court and isn't run by football authorities. If they lose there, Man City could appeal to the real courts in Switzerland, but they would look at whether CAS had followed procedure not whether they were right or wrong in the merits of the case. They would be very unlikely to succeed in real court. If they want to challenge the UEFA procedures, they need to do that at CAS.

Again, I'm not sure they can be trusted. Having read a lot of the ties in in sport, such as the same people being involved in things like Olympic committees and FIFA it can only be a matter of time before some one goes to a real court.

Byyy The Light
15 hours ago, indianajones said:

Hearts or nothing.

spot on. Funny how none of them support Burnley, Bournemouth or the likes

52 minutes ago, H2 said:

Again, I'm not sure they can be trusted. Having read a lot of the ties in in sport, such as the same people being involved in things like Olympic committees and FIFA it can only be a matter of time before some one goes to a real court.

You might not trust them, but sport does. The vast majority of sports organisations including FIFA, UEFA, the EPL, the FA and Man City are all signed up to CAS. CAS has a legal status. As I said, appeals can be made to the Swiss courts, but they are almost always lost unless CAS have made in mistake in their process. Clubs can't just go around CAS to 'real courts'.

Wikipedia has a pretty good summary of this in the jurisdiction and appeals section of the CAS entry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_of_Arbitration_for_Sport