Time for a politics sub forum?

Ribble

With 4 political threads on the front page of the Shed plus a thread about a bridge that's now descended into a debate about EU deficits, is it time we had a sub-forum for political debate*? 

*I get the irony that this thread is yet another about politics

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Define politics.

Activities related to the governance of a country, state or area

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Is it really needed? Can't say I'm a fan of sub forums tbh.

Just a bit fed up of threads being totally derailed by political debate, queenferry crossing one is a perfect example with a thread about a bridge turning into yet another independence debate. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Pretty much anything then.

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There isn't really a subject that isnt related to politics in some way though 

Have you seen the "I had to shite in a field tonight" thread?

been here before
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Have you seen the "I had to shite in a field tonight" thread?

Poor council provision of public toilets and waste management.

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Just a bit fed up of threads being totally derailed by political debate, queenferry crossing one is a perfect example with a thread about a bridge turning into yet another independence debate. 

That's probably going to happen even if there is a subforum. 

Francis Albert

No more ghetto-isation please. 

I quite liked the old days when the Terrace and Shed were not separated and you never knew where any thread would go.

been here before
49 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I find them a bit claustrophobic 👍

The one I went on was full of deviants begging to be told what to do.

Lot of men called Dom looking for someone too.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Define politics.

Yep - is eveything is political one way or another?

Aren't we all defined nowadays as snowflakes or gammons?

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep - is eveything is political one way or another?

Aren't we all defined nowadays as snowflakes or gammons?

Wouldnt mind a bit gammon for valentine's day.

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

With 4 political threads on the front page of the Shed plus a thread about a bridge that's now descended into a debate about EU deficits, is it time we had a sub-forum for political debate*? 

*I get the irony that this thread is yet another about politics

The water's lovely, come on over ... but only if you want to talk about what I want to talk about. If not, go over there in the corner.

I see. ;)

12 hours ago, Ribble said:

Something the SNP should consider doing instead of wasting all their time banging on about independence. 

🎣

58 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Something the SNP should consider doing instead of wasting all their time banging on about independence

🎣

Unfortunately, its written into their constitution and is their reason for being. Its up to the Scots to turn away from cult extremist parties such as the snp and greens and return to the reasoned middle ground once again. Scots are famous for middle ground common sense and will in due course turn against the snp zeolots.

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

We can, if the confirmatory referendum for requesting a sub-forum for requesting sub-forum topics succeeds in causing a binding referendum as to wether we can get a sub-forum for requesting sub-forum topics. 

How about a vote on it?

Each person needs to put forward their own vision of how this sub-forum should be created?

We can then create polls?

I start by putting forward a motion that says you must have been living here on the forum for at least 5 years.

Addendum 1.1

The term "On the forum" refers to specifically posting in the forum known as The Shed.    Lurking on The Terrace is not be considered as time added to the required minimum for voter rights.

5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Something the SNP should consider doing instead of wasting all their time banging on about independence. 

🎣

That's what independence is all about. Governance of your own country. Not administration on behalf of another.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That's what independence is all about. Governance of your own country. Not administration on behalf of another.

No Shit Sherlock 🤔

10 hours ago, JustinT said:

Unfortunately, its written into their constitution and is their reason for being. Its up to the Scots to turn away from cult extremist parties such as the snp and greens and return to the reasoned middle ground once again. Scots are famous for middle ground common sense and will in due course turn against the snp zeolots.

Unfortunately for you the Scots are more than happy supporting the independence parties, shame eh? 

3 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

No Shit Sherlock 🤔

Obviously there was, or I would not have posted. 💩 🔍

Edited by ri Alban

We had a sub forum, here in the past my old memory is fading but it ended up being a fiasco. One of the lead fiascoers was a soon to be young lawyer, it went beyond the internet when another JKBer chased him on Gorgie Road. I went to another Hearts forum and was surpried and sad at some of the names there, but I am sure the wee lawyer is a leading poster there which would put me off, although there are some good former JKBers there.

I recently looked at the birthday list, there are actually some now members who were less than five years old when I started on JKB. It has changed as has the content and posters in the past years, more than twenty for me.  I find I look at captions and don't bother reading them, I am an ardent political posts contributor, I would post on another sub forum but why have one  do what I do just don't read them. I also have to state that I have never put anyone on ignore, I just ignore them.