Stendel Q&A tonight

kila

25 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Because he was fed up with the board for not listening to him, the fans and the pundits all saying we needed some experience.  Imagine being at work,  exceeding your targets and being asked to take on a harder role next yearound and losing your key tools to do the job. The board are saying it's because he spoke to other clubs behind their back but they'd obviously lost any semblance of a working relationships.

I hope he listens to the fans and changes the goalie as he’s costing us big time. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redhelen

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Sounds like a ‘real world’ situation ie work harder, do more, with less resources!

If the Board are correct, (are they??), then he surely breached his contract? Could be regarded as low integrity actions! 

Personally I just think he’s inexperienced and naive in the ways of employment laws / rules and how football works.

Well the other sides promoted with us bought or loaned experience.  I'm not being funny but i wouldn't presume to tell you about how things were under CL ( good or bad)  so you can't know how things were at Barnsley. . I think you're right about about him lacking experience but in our case that was also a good thing, he had no fear,  he had the enthusiasm. I am beginning to think you may have been better getting anothet Scottish manager as the fans and press are obviously more comfortable with this.

12 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Well the other sides promoted with us bought or loaned experience.  I'm not being funny but i wouldn't presume to tell you about how things were under CL ( good or bad)  so you can't know how things were at Barnsley. . I think you're right about about him lacking experience but in our case that was also a good thing, he had no fear,  he had the enthusiasm. I am beginning to think you may have been better getting anothet Scottish manager as the fans and press are obviously more comfortable with this.

The support are all behind him apart from some on here and the Hibs interlopers pretending to support Hearts. As for the media it’s all about the old firm and the old boys west coast network. They don’t like something different and I hope Daniel has a thick skin as they’ll be gunning for him if he’s toiling or doing well up here. 

7 hours ago, Barack said:

"So, Kevin. Are you happy with the women's team sucking funding from the men's team"

"Mariel. What kind of name is that?"

Hard hitting questions to be asked, tonight. Think some are going to be sadly disappointed later on, with the actual format of the questions...

What's with the sexism? Get with the times please.

7 hours ago, McCrae said:

Why are we doing a joint event with the women’s team. This is a symptom of what’s wrong at our club. We need to get back to focusing on a winning men’s team.

Women's football is the future mate, they deserve to be treated with respect; after all, which gender qualified for a world cup?

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Have I  stumbled into the 1970's?

More like the 1870s, they make Jacob Rees Mogg look progressive 🙈.

Pasquale for King

I have to say the women’s team doesn’t reality interest me that much, when they start beating Hibs a lot more folk,me included, will be.

Its all part of being a progressive 21st century club which is great.

As for taking money away from the 1st team, Levein would’ve wasted the £100k anyway or more shit.

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No ifs about it. We'll beat Hamilton and St Mirren to set up a massive cup QF and derby week.

How can you be so sure ?

5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

The support are all behind him apart from some on here and the Hibs interlopers pretending to support Hearts. As for the media it’s all about the old firm and the old boys west coast network. They don’t like something different and I hope Daniel has a thick skin as they’ll be gunning for him if he’s toiling or doing well up here. 

I would imagine all who are in the public eye tend to develop one. I didn't realise there'd be quite so much press attention  so  I think that would be new to him. With us it was more local press and the odd sky feature. I did hear the fans singing the song thatwas on here during the cup match . But you're right he does need the wins and staring very soon.

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

How can you be so sure ?

Because Zeefiuk is signing on a free today and going straight into the starting 11 tomorrow.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Is there actually any update on here from last night's session with the manager?  5 pages of absolute drivel and all I can see is a question from a child and yet more chat about Craig Levein.  Can someone summarise the actual Q&A session if there even was one? 

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I know you’re a regular reader of our board now Helen and you will no doubt have witnessed that some within our support are very fickle, certainly on JKB. The ideas he has certainly sound great and tbh going to Celtic while you are bottom of the league and they’re clear at the top is never a great proposition.

We lost 5-0 which is a result we have had there a few times over the years and I know that stat is the most important of all. However according to BBC stats we had 46% possession which is about an all-time high for us there. 

I really like DS and the way he wants us to play however he seems to be starting to lose a section of the support. Craig Levein was an absolute legend for us as a player. Sir Alex Ferguson when manager of Scotland picked him over Alan Hansen which says a lot. 

Daniel doesn’t have that and having read our forum you will have seen at first hand how we turned on a legend because of his mis-management. Daniel won’t get that time unfortunately.

I still hope that Daniel will turn it round and that Struber will get you guys out of the shit!  Fingers crossed 🤞

I really don’t agree with that. I don’t think I’ve seen the support so united for years. 
Theres dicks on here...There’s also Hibs freaks kiddying on and trying to spread shit... Quelle surprise...

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I really don’t agree with that. I don’t think I’ve seen the support so united for years. 
Theres dicks on here...There’s also Hibs freaks kiddying on and trying to spread shit... Quelle surprise...

Yep there’s some proper weirdos on here’s recently. Absolutely reeking on several threads. 

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

If you thrust a big german sausage at Perriera, how confident are you he could hold it, or would he fist it? 

Big German sausages and fisting should not be used in the same sentence 😳

John mcCartney
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

agree with that chief,too many fecking know it all`s on here stirring the pot even more.
if its not some Tory from Comiston Road its a fecking farmer from Saxby All Saints.........

:compute:

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is Haring deid?  Has Sibbick got aids?  Any other illness/injury updates?

You're looking a bit peaky yourself Daniel.

Racist post IMO.

36 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Is there actually any update on here from last night's session with the manager?  5 pages of absolute drivel and all I can see is a question from a child and yet more chat about Craig Levein.  Can someone summarise the actual Q&A session if there even was one? 

Not really. As mentioned, the Q&A was more for the benefit of bigging up the woman's team ahead of their big season.

The goalkeeper thing is the only thing I've heard about, and naturally, Stendel didn't give a lot away. I don't know why anyone would expect different on that one.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I know you’re a regular reader of our board now Helen and you will no doubt have witnessed that some within our support are very fickle, certainly on JKB. The ideas he has certainly sound great and tbh going to Celtic while you are bottom of the league and they’re clear at the top is never a great proposition.

We lost 5-0 which is a result we have had there a few times over the years and I know that stat is the most important of all. However according to BBC stats we had 46% possession which is about an all-time high for us there. 

I really like DS and the way he wants us to play however he seems to be starting to lose a section of the support. Craig Levein was an absolute legend for us as a player. Sir Alex Ferguson when manager of Scotland picked him over Alan Hansen which says a lot. 

Daniel doesn’t have that and having read our forum you will have seen at first hand how we turned on a legend because of his mis-management. Daniel won’t get that time unfortunately.

I still hope that Daniel will turn it round and that Struber will get you guys out of the shit!  Fingers crossed 🤞

Alex Mcleish and Willie Miller were picked.

jack D and coke
Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Alex Mcleish and Willie Miller were picked.

It was Andy Roxburgh who picked Levein. Fergie wasn’t a fan of Hansen though, didn’t pick him for Mexico 86. 

8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

How does anyone know that Stendel didn’t look at bringing a goalkeeper or a centre back in? We don’t know for sure. Celtic said they weren’t letting Gordon go this season, so why are so many going on about not signing him?

How is it that it’s widely accepted that it’s difficult for clubs with big money to strengthen in the January window, but Hearts should have been able to bring players in easily, with little money, to a team bottom of the league. 
He did some of the difficult stuff quite successfully, in that he moved on players who not many thought would be missed.

We haven’t been relegated yet. There’s still plenty points to play for. Let’s see where we are after the next two matches. If we are still bottom after those, then we are in bigger trouble than currently.

Chelsea & Ajax being a case in point, with Chelsea wanting some player in January which Ajax refused to sell, only to agree to sell him in the summer for £38m.

Exactly, even if we were to lose the next two games, there will still be lots of twists and turns and points to be won & lost before anything is settled, indeed it will probably not be until after the split before things become clear.  

Just remember what happened to Hibs, what was it 7 points clear of the relegation zone going into the split and we all know what happened next.

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It was Andy Roxburgh who picked Levein. Fergie wasn’t a fan of Hansen though, didn’t pick him for Mexico 86. 

Aye, it was the 1990 WC.  Funnily enough, it was Hearts centre half pairing that played when we won our only game.  

3 hours ago, Redhelen said:

I would imagine all who are in the public eye tend to develop one. I didn't realise there'd be quite so much press attention  so  I think that would be new to him. With us it was more local press and the odd sky feature. I did hear the fans singing the song thatwas on here during the cup match . But you're right he does need the wins and staring very soon.

Helen, don't let the naysayers on here make you defend yourself or Oor Dan so hard. He was done over at yours and has inherited a shit show at ours.

Only real mistake he's made here is not replacing or dropping the goalie.

We'll get out of this and next season's gona be EXCITING!!!

10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The Emperor has no clothes ....

He’s in the biggest job he will ever have .... unless he can work a miracle (I hope he can) he’s a dead man walking ....

sad but true ...

Captain-Hook-Smirk.gif

12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is Haring deid?  Has Sibbick got aids?  Any other illness/injury updates?

You're looking a bit peaky yourself Daniel.

that’s sick, offensive and well out of order

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye, it was the 1990 WC.  Funnily enough, it was Hearts centre half pairing that played when we won our only game.  

Correct 2-1 against Sweden

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Helen, don't let the naysayers on here make you defend yourself or Oor Dan so hard. He was done over at yours and has inherited a shit show at ours.

Only real mistake he's made here is not replacing or dropping the goalie.

We'll get out of this and next season's gona be EXCITING!!!

It's not so much a matter of defending him but explaining . Juat as if CL came to us I'd like to know the background to his tenure here from your fans. 

12 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

DL Answer:- “Craig Levein is someone I greatly respect.

Since I’ve been Manager at Hearts he’s been 100% supportive. He’s effectively managed the player changes I thought were necessary, he very effectively facilitated the exit of some players and as a result of that he recruited players I thought could change our results!

It’s tough for everybody at Hearts at present but I know that Craig Levein is very supportive and only wants the best for Hearts!”

That’s the words you will never hear on JKB but I’m sure it’s what he (DS) wants to say!!

Well if your sure then that must be exactly what he would say, given your completely neutral stance on the subject.🤣

Your abilities as a mind reader are most impressive🤣

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Because Zeefiuk is signing on a free today and going straight into the starting 11 tomorrow.

Cant unfortunately need to specially order a jersey -takes 7 days.

August Landmesser
25 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Cant unfortunately need to specially order a jersey -takes 7 days.

Get out the Big Flag! Bit of stitching and sewing, and he'll be fine. Can use Vanacek's shorts too. 

Diadora Van Basten
16 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

woman-laughing-exhibitionist-man-young-women-isolated-white-background-35331607.thumb.jpg.462b16843d74387e40e0f2e68de4bd06.jpg

Sometimes if a thread Has been going a while before I see it I will just scan the pictures to get an inkling as to how it’s going.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Sometimes if a thread Has been going a while before I see it I will just scan the pictures to get an inkling as to how it’s going.

:biggrin:

Pretty much.

4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

you mean you just flash through it

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Get out the Big Flag! Bit of stitching and sewing, and he'll be fine. Can use Vanacek's shorts too. 

👍🤣

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yes. And the Hearts centre half pairing was the last time Scotland won a world cup game.

I think Ferguson went with (probably) the best centre half partnership in the planet, at the time (86).

Not taking away from how good Hansen was.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Anyway it seems I got everyone's hopes up because I thought it was going to be more of a Q&A.

But we got our answer to the goalkeeper situation and we'll be surprised by who is picking the ball out of the nets tomorrow according to Stendel.