Top Posters In This Topic

• Redhelen

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, merrymac said:

Does it bug you that CL is still around the club?

DL Answer:- “Craig Levein is someone I greatly respect.

Since I’ve been Manager at Hearts he’s been 100% supportive. He’s effectively managed the player changes I thought were necessary, he very effectively facilitated the exit of some players and as a result of that he recruited players I thought could change our results!

It’s tough for everybody at Hearts at present but I know that Craig Levein is very supportive and only wants the best for Hearts!”

That’s the words you will never hear on JKB but I’m sure it’s what he (DS) wants to say!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

30 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How does Danny compare to Heckingbottom for you? Both took Barnsley up? 

30 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How does Danny compare to Heckingbottom for you? Both took Barnsley up? 

Hecky carried on the work started by lee Johnson  ( now of Bristol city)  It was great having a Barnsley fan as manager and I'd have liked him to stay, we played some good football and had some good players. Stendel s job was much harder, he was Johnny foreigner ( Morais who took over from Hecky was cuckoo! ) , barely any English what on earth we playing at. Met him at our open day before the start of the season, and from the moment he put his arm round my son and said" we smile now ya "when having his photo taken I knew he wanted to be at our club and that he'd have a good relationship with our fans. I didn't go to any friendlies but our first game blew me away it was so exciting and pressing. Obviously not every game was, there's no magic formula but his ethos of encouragement and hard work resonated with Barnsley fans and players and the way he had time for all the fans was a joy. And we had a record unbeaten run of games at fortress Oakwell under him.

It's a different propersition with you. I so want him to succeed cos our board didn't back him and they should have but there are similarities in our relegation fights. Lack of conversion of chances and then a leaky defence.Ours is over but you're still in it. Hopefully there will be a quick goal for you on Saturday and that will lift the place. 

7 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Hecky carried on the work started by lee Johnson  ( now of Bristol city)  It was great having a Barnsley fan as manager and I'd have liked him to stay, we played some good football and had some good players. Stendel s job was much harder, he was Johnny foreigner ( Morais who took over from Hecky was cuckoo! ) , barely any English what on earth we playing at. Met him at our open day before the start of the season, and from the moment he put his arm round my son and said" we smile now ya "when having his photo taken I knew he wanted to be at our club and that he'd have a good relationship with our fans. I didn't go to any friendlies but our first game blew me away it was so exciting and pressing. Obviously not every game was, there's no magic formula but his ethos of encouragement and hard work resonated with Barnsley fans and players and the way he had time for all the fans was a joy. And we had a record unbeaten run of games at fortress Oakwell under him.

It's a different propersition with you. I so want him to succeed cos our board didn't back him and they should have but there are similarities in our relegation fights. Lack of conversion of chances and then a leaky defence.Ours is over but you're still in it. Hopefully there will be a quick goal for you on Saturday and that will lift the place. 

Im sure I read before Johnson left Barnsley had lost a good few games and sat mid table? Heckingbottom came in won a cup at Wembley, got you boys promoted, lost a good few players and was holding his own in the Championship?

Stendel took over after relegation and turned it around big time and took you up automatically with great football but couldn’t cut it in the championship.  

Genuinely just asking, who did you prefer in charge? Heckingbottom flopped over the road so if you say him then I will be less confident in your confidence on Stendel turning us around but looking at it, Heckingbottom seemed to do a better job and got headhunted to Leeds. 

Delighted that he had a brilliant relationship with you and your support by the way and I can see why he’s infectious. It’s not going to save Hearts from relegation though. 

Edited by Last Laff

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Im sure I read before Johnson left Barnsley had lost a good few games and sat mid table? Heckingbottom came in won a cup at Wembley, got you boys promoted, lost a good few players and was holding his own in the Championship?

Stendel took over after relegation and turned it around big time and took you up automatically with great football but couldn’t cut it in the championship.  

Genuinely just asking, who did you prefer in charge? Heckingbottom flopped over the road so if you say him then I will be less confident in your confidence on Stendel turning us around but looking at it, Heckingbottom seemed to do a better job and got headhunted to Leeds. 

Delighted that he had a brilliant relationship with you and your support by the way and I can see why he’s infectious. It’s not going to save Hearts from relegation though. 

No it isn'the going to save you from relegation.  It's really hard to explain but the only other season like it was under Danny Wilson when we got promoted to the Premiership. So Wilson has to be the best manager and then Stendel. Hecky was more mixed,  he had better players for a start in the championship and as I've said the team when we won the cup had done most of the rounds under Johnson.  Hecky also had key players sold ( although not all at once)we knew he would go elsewhere . 

N Lincs Jambo
11 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I know you’re a regular reader of our board now Helen and you will no doubt have witnessed that some within our support are very fickle, certainly on JKB. The ideas he has certainly sound great and tbh going to Celtic while you are bottom of the league and they’re clear at the top is never a great proposition.

We lost 5-0 which is a result we have had there a few times over the years and I know that stat is the most important of all. However according to BBC stats we had 46% possession which is about an all-time high for us there. 

I really like DS and the way he wants us to play however he seems to be starting to lose a section of the support. Craig Levein was an absolute legend for us as a player. Sir Alex Ferguson when manager of Scotland picked him over Alan Hansen which says a lot. 

Daniel doesn’t have that and having read our forum you will have seen at first hand how we turned on a legend because of his mis-management. Daniel won’t get that time unfortunately.

I still hope that Daniel will turn it round and that Struber will get you guys out of the shit!  Fingers crossed 🤞

The Emperor has no clothes ....

He’s in the biggest job he will ever have .... unless he can work a miracle (I hope he can) he’s a dead man walking ....

sad but true ...

Edited by Jambo-Fox

4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Do you think anyone will ask the womens team coach a question? I think they maybe sidelined. 

We could ask them if they have a female goalie we could borrow?

2 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I know you’re a regular reader of our board now Helen and you will no doubt have witnessed that some within our support are very fickle, certainly on JKB. The ideas he has certainly sound great and tbh going to Celtic while you are bottom of the league and they’re clear at the top is never a great proposition.

We lost 5-0 which is a result we have had there a few times over the years and I know that stat is the most important of all. However according to BBC stats we had 46% possession which is about an all-time high for us there. 

I really like DS and the way he wants us to play however he seems to be starting to lose a section of the support. Craig Levein was an absolute legend for us as a player. Sir Alex Ferguson when manager of Scotland picked him over Alan Hansen which says a lot. 

Daniel doesn’t have that and having read our forum you will have seen at first hand how we turned on a legend because of his mis-management. Daniel won’t get that time unfortunately.

I still hope that Daniel will turn it round and that Struber will get you guys out of the shit!  Fingers crossed 🤞

I've never come across a manager like Daniel before. I felt the commentators were harsh in the way they interviewed him after the cup game but his drowned rat look but so happy with the win just summed him up for me. I think this season will be a massive learning curve for him however it ends. 

jambogirlglasgow
2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I've never come across a manager like Daniel before. I felt the commentators were harsh in the way they interviewed him after the cup game but his drowned rat look but so happy with the win just summed him up for me. I think this season will be a massive learning curve for him however it ends. 

Love having your input. Thanks for all of this information, RedHelen 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

He’s in the biggest job he will ever have .... unless he can work a miracle (I hope he can) he’s a dead man walking ....

sad but true ...

I wouldn't be so sure about it being the biggest job he'll ever have. I'm looking at relegation battles in the EPL. Nicely Pearson, hugely experienced manager looked to have done the impossible with bottom club Watford but they're back in the relegation zone.-

15 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

No it isn'the going to save you from relegation.  It's really hard to explain but the only other season like it was under Danny Wilson when we got promoted to the Premiership. So Wilson has to be the best manager and then Stendel. Hecky was more mixed,  he had better players for a start in the championship and as I've said the team when we won the cup had done most of the rounds under Johnson.  Hecky also had key players sold ( although not all at once)we knew he would go elsewhere . 

Thanks Helen.  👍

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

sad but true ...

Keeping Barnsley in the championship is a bigger job than keeping hearts in the Scottish Premiership.  Unfortunately he failed at the first job but he shouldn’t be failing here. 

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

I wouldn't be so sure about it being the biggest job he'll ever have. I'm looking at relegation battles in the EPL. Nicely Pearson, hugely experienced manager looked to have done the impossible with bottom club Watford but they're back in the relegation zone.-

Pahh .... Nigel Pearson vs Daniel Stendel .... have you got ‘your head in the sand, are you an ostrich’??!!!

3 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Im not sure he would get a job saving a club from relegation in the best league in the world having won one game in the league below tbh. Pearson done an amazing job at Leicester btw. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Keeping Barnsley in the championship is a bigger job than keeping hearts in the Scottish Premiership.  Unfortunately he failed at the first job but he shouldn’t be failing here. 

He failed at Barnsley and (currently) he’s failing at Hearts ...

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, McCrae said:

Why are we doing a joint event with the women’s team. This is a symptom of what’s wrong at our club. We need to get back to focusing on a winning men’s team.

Aye, making it a joint event stops  questions being asked. 

The women's team not being there would mean we get better results, guaranteed. 

Budge oot! 

I don't see how you can say he failed when he was sacked Oct 8th and started the season with 4 key players gone. Yes, he might not have kept us up but I'd like to bet that if he'd got a few experienced playersin as he wanted we' d be more like Charlton at the very least. 

You know more about your team obviously,  but the way I understood it there was a lot of negativity about the place when he joined. So it may be that another manager would also be struggling or it may be he's not the right fit for you.  

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Im not sure he would get a job saving a club from relegation in the best league in the world having won one game in the league below tbh. Pearson done an amazing job at Leicester btw. 

That's what I mean, a very experienced manager that looked to be doing the job with Watford is also back to square one. Not an easy job coming in mid season to see a side from relegation. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lou said:

He wanted to give every player a chance but we may be in for a surprise on Saturday

A good or bad surprise! 

😂😂😂

N Lincs Jambo
12 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Cheers Helen. I just hope he keeps us up and gets the backing he needs to finish what he has started. A lot of people around here are saying that his tactics are naive  especially against teams like Celtic who are capable of going deep in the Europa League. Good luck to Barnsley for the rest of the season. I might take in your game at Hull on the 26th ( away end obviously) if funds permit 👍

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Pahh .... Nigel Pearson vs Daniel Stendel .... have you got ‘your head in the sand, are you an ostrich’??!!!

No I'm not comparing the two I'm saying that even experienced managers don't have a magic wand when it comes to relegation battles.

Edited by Redhelen

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Cheers Helen. I just hope he keeps us up and gets the backing he needs to finish what he has started. A lot of people around here are saying that his tactics are naive  especially against teams like Celtic who are capable of going deep in the Europa League. Good luck to Barnsley for the rest of the season. I might take in your game at Hull on the 26th ( away end obviously) if funds permit 👍

You must be a glutton for punishment!

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Harry Stone? 

Exactly what I was thinking.

Boy seems a player and is meant to be good with his feet.

Would need to calm down on some of the backpasses still though.

The way they leather them at Joel sometimes gives me the fear

N Lincs Jambo
Just now, Redhelen said:

You must be a glutton for punishment!

Need my football fix and tbh from the contributions on here from you and Nightmare I’ve developed a soft spot for Barnsley. You guys are sound 👍

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Need my football fix and tbh from the contributions on here from you and Nightmare I’ve developed a soft spot for Barnsley. You guys are sound 👍

My daughters a steward at Annfield.  She's having a much more enjoyable time watching their games! Still without the bad times you don't appreciate the good so much, I said to my son last season, treasure it they don't come round very often to a club like Barnsley. I wouldn't have it any other way though, the football club is part of our towns identity, and Daniel knew that, choosing to live in Barnsley rather than Leeds say.

I've tried to interpret that 'surprise" comment for ages now and can't decide who that means is most likely to play.

Bobby would be the least surprising out of our 4 keepers but it might have just been his way of saying he'll be making a change. The biggest surprise would be signing an out of contract keeper tomorrow but I can't really see it.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I've tried to interpret that 'surprise" comment for ages now and can't decide who that means is most likely to play.

Bobby would be the least surprising out of our 4 keepers but it might have just been his way of saying he'll be making a change. The biggest surprise would be signing an out of contract keeper tomorrow but I can't really see it.

Your last line has me moist....

But seriously its just not happening!!

The surprise will be that he sticks with joel when everyone expects Bobby to come

In.

17 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I don't see how you can say he failed when he was sacked Oct 8th and started the season with 4 key players gone. Yes, he might not have kept us up but I'd like to bet that if he'd got a few experienced playersin as he wanted we' d be more like Charlton at the very least. 

You know more about your team obviously,  but the way I understood it there was a lot of negativity about the place when he joined. So it may be that another manager would also be struggling or it may be he's not the right fit for you.  

You don’t get sacked from your job as a manager if you aren’t failing with all due respect.  You guys where bottom when he was sacked pumped every week.  I think his biggest failing was not leaving in the summer when other clubs got interested in him (sheff weds for one) he was loyal to Barnsley though and probably in the eyes of the fans deserves more time because of that but from the outside Barnsley didn’t stand a chance of staying up and it seems the squad he shaped is well on its way back to L1 now too.  I’m not sure how many player you signed in January mind you. 

N Lincs Jambo
Just now, Redhelen said:

My daughters a steward at Annfield.  She's having a much more enjoyable time watching their games! Still without the bad times you don't appreciate the good so much, I said to my son last season, treasure it they don't come round very often to a club like Barnsley. I wouldn't have it any other way though, the football club is part of our towns identity, and Daniel knew that, choosing to live in Barnsley rather than Leeds say.

I’ll tell you what you are spot on with that Helen. I was 4 days short of my 35th birthday when we won the cup in 98. No Celtic or Rangers fan (well Rangers are getting used to the situation now 😂) .

We had been through so much shit that even though we knew we were the 3rd biggest team in Scotland many of us doubted we would ever win a trophy in our lifetime. 3 cups now, which tbh is nowhere enough for my 56years but wouldn’t swap for anything the OF have won domestically 

23 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

No I'm not comparing the two I'm saying that even experienced managers don't have a magic wand when it comes to relegation battles.

Dear Helen, I respect your comments (and all your previous posts) which are a breathe of fresh air on this forum!

Experience & Relegation battles :- that’s the big issue I have with Stendel, 11 months with Hanover 96 because he could not take them up (He had x5 games in charge when they went down but I can’t blame him for that), then 15 months at Barnsley took them up but then got sacked after 2 months in the Championship, because the owners thought they were coming down, Stendel is not experienced ....

and as for Pearson, the only wand he has is a toxic one ..... 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

19 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

That's what I mean, a very experienced manager that looked to be doing the job with Watford is also back to square one. Not an easy job coming in mid season to see a side from relegation. 

Plenty managers have though. It’s not easy no, maybe why you might want to give your own manager more slack at the moment?  The squad we have here should never in a million years be relegated.  We needed a goalkeeper and a centre half in the transfer window as well as a striker, he actively neglected the most important one in the goalie.  That is the managers responsibility regardless of the time of the season.  Of course we can’t phone up Sam Allardyce or Harry Rednkapp and ask them to keep us up but ffs it’s only Hamilton and St Mirren we need to gather more points than.  Pearson took over a club rooted to the bottom of the table with limited funds in comparison to the rest of the league.  He’s still won a lot more football games than Stendel has at Hearts. 

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We stay up then he doesn’t fail. 

If we stay up he’s achieved his short term objective and we will all be 😊 IF!!

Believe me , he didn't get sacked because the owners were worried about relegation.

I know Stendel isn't experienced that's the point I'm making, That Pearson an experienced manager is struggling now , after looking like he may have turned Watford fortunes round.  Keeping a side up is difficult. 

Just now, Redhelen said:

Believe me , he didn't get sacked because the owners were worried about relegation.

I know Stendel isn't experienced that's the point I'm making, That Pearson an experienced manager is struggling now , after looking like he may have turned Watford fortunes round.  Keeping a side up is difficult. 

Why did he get sacked then?  They should be worried about relegation, your teams getting relegated partially due to Stendel. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

If we stay up he’s achieved his short term objective and we will all be 😊 IF!!

No ifs about it. We'll beat Hamilton and St Mirren to set up a massive cup QF and derby week.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No ifs about it. We'll beat Hamilton and St Mirren to set up a massive cup QF and derby week.

I pray you are correct, I pray!

HHGH

Plenty managers have though. It’s not easy no, maybe why you might want to give your own manager more slack at the moment?  The squad we have here should never in a million years be relegated.  We needed a goalkeeper and a centre half in the transfer window as well as a striker, he actively neglected the most important one in the goalie.  That is the managers responsibility regardless of the time of the season.  Of course we can’t phone up Sam Allardyce or Harry Rednkapp and ask them to keep us up but ffs it’s only Hamilton and St Mirren we need to gather more points than.  Pearson took over a club rooted to the bottom of the table with limited funds in comparison to the rest of the league.  He’s still won a lot more football games than Stendel has at Hearts. 

I'm not disagreeing with you and actually given how popular Daniel was Struber has had plentyof support, myself included. Daniel won't be happy with the results I'm sure but if the squad is so good you have to question why the previous manager and caretaker manager didn't get the results. Maybe it's not as good as you think it is? As I say I can't comment as I don't know enough about your team. But the Barnsley squad is the weakest in the league and it took until January or sign anyone with any semblance of experience.

15 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Pearson has always struggled. He seems able to get players and his direct staff onboard BUT has a unique ability to alienate supporters, media and owners (eg at Leicester & Derby), he’s totally totally toxic and a only a club that is desperate (eg Watford) would employee him because they have nothing to lose!

There’s only one Nigel Pearson TF!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why did he get sacked then?  They should be worried about relegation, your teams getting relegated partially due to Stendel. 

Because he was fed up with the board for not listening to him, the fans and the pundits all saying we needed some experience.  Imagine being at work,  exceeding your targets and being asked to take on a harder role next yearound and losing your key tools to do the job. The board are saying it's because he spoke to other clubs behind their back but they'd obviously lost any semblance of a working relationships.

SectionDJambo

How does anyone know that Stendel didn’t look at bringing a goalkeeper or a centre back in? We don’t know for sure. Celtic said they weren’t letting Gordon go this season, so why are so many going on about not signing him?

How is it that it’s widely accepted that it’s difficult for clubs with big money to strengthen in the January window, but Hearts should have been able to bring players in easily, with little money, to a team bottom of the league. 
He did some of the difficult stuff quite successfully, in that he moved on players who not many thought would be missed.

We haven’t been relegated yet. There’s still plenty points to play for. Let’s see where we are after the next two matches. If we are still bottom after those, then we are in bigger trouble than currently.

4 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Because he was fed up with the board for not listening to him, the fans and the pundits all saying we needed some experience.  Imagine being at work,  exceeding your targets and being asked to take on a harder role next yearound and losing your key tools to do the job. The board are saying it's because he spoke to other clubs behind their back but they'd obviously lost any semblance of a working relationships.

Sounds like a ‘real world’ situation ie work harder, do more, with less resources!

If the Board are correct, (are they??), then he surely breached his contract? Could be regarded as low integrity actions! 

Personally I just think he’s inexperienced and naive in the ways of employment laws / rules and how football works.

Apparently they gave him permission so I've heard on the grapevine but as I wasn't there iI can't say for definite.  He loved our club though and I witnessed his distress at the sacking  so I've a feeling the board did not behave very well towards him. Well we know they didn't by the 21 word statement.