If Levein still in charge

Cynic

annushorribilis III
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's only relegation form if you're in danger of getting relegated, which we weren't in 2018/19.

You know perfectly well how piss poor the league  results were for the VAST MAJORITY of that season  so stop trying to spin it.  That piss poor form carried over into the LC games against vastly inferior opposition and straight into the next league campaign. Yeah, but not relegation form. 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Relegation form doesn't only apply if you are in the relegation zone. People talk about relegation form as being barely any points during a given period. Just as IF Barnsley were to win all their remaining games that would be promotion form even though we'd not reach the play offs.

Barnsley... no wins in 10... Hearts 1 win in 11...

3 minutes ago, Gorgieboy7 said:

Barnsley... no wins in 10... Hearts 1 win in 

3 minutes ago, Gorgieboy7 said:

Barnsley... no wins in 10... Hearts 1 win in 11...

Yes that's relegation form. Like Blackpool even though they're 14 points clear of the drop zone in our league 1

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's only relegation form if you're in danger of getting relegated, which we weren't in 2018/19.

Sorry that just doesn’t stack up - It has been relegation form since Oct 18

10 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You know perfectly well how piss poor the league  results were for the VAST MAJORITY of that season  so stop trying to spin it.  That piss poor form carried over into the LC games against vastly inferior opposition and straight into the next league campaign. Yeah, but not relegation form. 

Exactly  - grasping for excuses!

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I just don't believe form carries over the summer break as a rule.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I honestly just don't believe form works that way, especially when it's from an arbitrary date. Does our form taking into account the whole of season 18/19 still count as relegation form? It's like, pick a date to suit your agenda. Much easier to take things season by season. This season - relegation a real threat. Last season - relegation was never a possibility.

Blamehounds need someone/something to blame. 

It's human nature so it's not something we should really be critical off. 

I quite like the Levein oot banter, it's quite funny blaming Storm Dennis on Levein.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I honestly just don't believe form works that way, especially when it's from an arbitrary date. Does our form taking into account the whole of season 18/19 still count as relegation form? It's like, pick a date to suit your agenda. Much easier to take things season by season. This season - relegation a real threat. Last season - relegation was never a possibility.

Like you have.

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pitch held up well today Cranky. 

If this is the wrong thread I apologise. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I just don't believe form carries over the summer break as a rule.

Unless you are missing key players to long term injuries.

People try to forget about that though.

Stendel has the advantage of Naismith, Uche, Walker and Halkett back from injuries PLUS his own players brought in and now we REALLY ARE in relegation form.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Pitch held up well today Cranky. 

If this is the wrong thread I apologise. 

I already said that on the correct thread - keep up Bully!

5 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Wouldnae have lost these goals if Berra was playing.

No issues.

No anti Stendel agenda.

Just my opinion.

Impossible to tell but we were losing soft goals when he was playing. 

7 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Wouldnae have lost these goals if Berra was playing.

No issues.

No anti Stendel agenda.

Just my opinion.

Your opinion is Shit.

Stendal was the problem. 1st goal is Davie Proven a mile offside.

2nd is a howler by our best player playing in a role he shouldn't be anywhere near. 

Actually feel slightly better having seen the 1st goal again. 

Takes nothing away from Stendel setting them up wrongly, twice in a week as well. 

Niemi’s gloves
49 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry that just doesn’t stack up - It has been relegation form since Oct 18

Sorry, not true. Following the great league run up to end October (8 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat), our league record through to the split was 7 wins, 3 draws and 12 defeats. 24 points from 22 games isn’t great but it isn’t relegation form either. And self evidently, post split games when we were in the top 6 with a depleted squad and prioritising the cup final are not relevant to “relegation form”

I think that we'd have more points under Levein than the MacPhee/Stendel return.  The return of players plus another 5 January signings (continuity!) would have helped.  He wouldn't have shown the same tactical naivety as Stendel.

Would rather he hadn't come back to the club post administration.  But I don't think he'd have done so badly as Stendel

Edited by Coco

We drew 2-2 against Hamilton at Tynecastle under Levein at the start of the reason when the pitch was lovely and the sun was out :laugh2:

Edited by kila

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, Coco said:

I think that we'd have more points under Levein than the MacPhee/Stendel return.  The return of players plus another 5 January signings (continuity!) would have helped.  He wouldn't have shown the same tactical naivety as Stendel.

Would rather he hadn't come back to the club post administration.  But I don't think he'd have done so badly as Stendel

I dread to even think about the dross Levein would have pulled in in January. Him and John Murray finding new ways to burn three year contracts while McPhee sources the worst loanees known to man and tries to paint himself as some transfer guru (or whatever his pretend talent is this week).

Stendel is not doing well. To make that into a reason for us to have retained Levein is just further proof that no manager in history has ever had more excuses made for him by the fanbase he has let down.

11 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Sorry, not true. Following the great league run up to end October (8 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat), our league record through to the split was 7 wins, 3 draws and 12 defeats. 24 points from 22 games isn’t great but it isn’t relegation form either. And self evidently, post split games when we were in the top 6 with a depleted squad and prioritising the cup final are not relevant to “relegation form”

Averaging a point a game isn't relegation form ? And the pitiful  LC games? And that  same form continued into the new league season.

But not relegation form ? 

Niemi’s gloves

No 24 points from 22 games is NOT relegation form. Simple arithmetic tells you that it is the equivalent of 36 points from 33 games. Generally that will take teams into the post split games somewhere between 7th and 9th. In fact in many years 36 points will be enough to finish 10th or better after all 38 games. In the other years, it is simply a case a matter of picking up a small number of points from the last five games against opponents who are under much greater pressure.

My post made no comment about this season, either the LC (where we qualified) or the league. Self evidently this season’s league  form is relegation form, both under Levein/McPhee and even more so under Stendel. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Interested in what games people think Levein was picking up points in that Stendel hasn't.  

You could argue St Johnstone at home although we were down to a strike force of Maclean and Keena.  Hamilton away maybe, though we'd lost there in his previous home game.  We'd have taken nowt from Celtic and Rangers, so that's 3.

Killie had 3 wins on the bounce at Tynecastle.  We never win at Perth.  So not those.  We hadn't won outside Edinburgh in months either.

Basically, we'd be no better, quite probably worse and we'd have been losing games without ever looking like scoring again