If Levein still in charge

Cynic

7 minutes ago, Cynic said:

More interesting if you find bottom of the league interesting. Hopefully we can get results.

We were joint bottom on goal difference when levein was fired.

levein took close to 2 years to bring us to that point. Daniel has had a few months. 

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, GinRummy said:

We were joint bottom on goal difference when levein was fired.

levein took close to 2 years to bring us to that point. Daniel has had a few months. 

Take away the winter break and he has had 7 weeks. 3 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats.

Not great but let’s see where we are after 9 weeks !

Just now, Boab said:

Take away the winter break and he has had 7 weeks. 3 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats.

Aye next two shows us the extent of the task ahead. 

7 hours ago, BobbyCox said:

I have only been on her a few days, but already I have noticed that you seem to enjoy taking a contrary position to the vast majority.

Levein is history, move on please.

As A new poster, I’ll let you off for not yet understanding the fundamental point of a fans football forum ...

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

When Auntie Budge finally develops the minerals to boot her best boy out the door the **** should never be allowed to set foot in tynecastle again.

The state he has been allowed to get this club into with the stability and resources at his disposal is nothing short of a scandal.

It is with regret given Levein's standing as player that I have to agree with this.  He has - and has been allowed to - put a team in a position it should never be in with the resources we have.  We're battling against teams with a couple of dozen supporters, ffs.  Folk need to wake up.

Edited by Haken

Walter Bishop
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

When Auntie Budge finally develops the minerals to boot her best boy out the door the **** should never be allowed to set foot in tynecastle again.

The state he has been allowed to get this club into with the stability and resources at his disposal is nothing short of a scandal.

This 100%. 

When you think what we, as fans, have put into the club since he came in and to the detriment of that the millions of pounds he is responsible for wasting!!! For that alone he should never be welcome back at Tynecastle in any capacity

Edited by Walter Bishop

55 minutes ago, Boab said:

Would Levein have been afforded wins against Falkirk and Airdrie to make his record more positive?

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would Levein have been afforded wins against Falkirk and Airdrie to make his record more positive?

You mean, like wins over Auchinleck and Partick?

🤔

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to compare a manager in the job two months against one in the job over two years.

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

You mean, like wins over Auchinleck and Partick?

🤔

Which were discounted? Always the Premiership results used to beat Levein with. Cup runs were easy draws and teams we should beat, apparently...

annushorribilis III
54 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

As A new poster, I’ll let you off for not yet understanding the fundamental point of a fans football forum ...

Which in your case is to do exactly what she said, just for the hell of it.  The stuff your posting on here is tedious and you'd get laughed out of any pub for raising this nonsense. 

Levein will soon be a tragic footnote in the history of the  rebirth of the club - and the sooner the better. 

His regime has been an utter disaster : he's beyond comparison.  

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Which were discounted? Always the Premiership results used to beat Levein with. Cup runs were easy draws and teams we should beat, apparently...

13 of his 22 Cup games were against lower league opposition. Teams we should beat. No apparently about it. Mostly he did. His cup record was good. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Surely a goalkeepers primary task?

Yip, imo and Jp just does not make nearly enough saves. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I get annoyed when people discount cup results as well tbf. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

This 100%. 

When you think what we, as fans, have put into the club since he came in and to the detriment of that the millions of pounds he is responsible for wasting!!! For that alone he should never be welcome back at Tynecastle in any capacity

Absolutely.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Which in your case is to do exactly what she said, just for the hell of it.  The stuff your posting on here is tedious and you'd get laughed out of any pub for raising this nonsense. 

Levein will soon be a tragic footnote in the history of the  rebirth of the club - and the sooner the better. 

Can’t come quick enough.

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

I genuinely believe what I post. It’s just an alternative point of view. No need to get yourself worked up about it.

Levein will always be one of our greatest ever players and his first managerial stint will be remembered  as being very successful. The attitude towards him is embarrassing.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I genuinely believe what I post. It’s just an alternative point of view. No need to get yourself worked up about it.

Levein will always be one of our best players and his first managerial stint was also very successful. The attitude towards him is embarrassing.

Now now! You’re in turn having a go at another poster for dissing your views and writing of other people opinions as embarrassing 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Now now! You’re in turn having a go at another poster for dissing your views and writing of other people opinions as embarrassing 🤷‍♀️

The majority of the negative posts towards Levein and Budge are embarrassing. Very few objective and balanced posters ...

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The majority of the negative posts towards Levein and Budge are embarrassing. Very few objective and balanced posters ...

Agree re Budge, not so much regarding Levein. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree re Budge, not so much regarding Levein. 

Folk could criticise Levein without the personal attacks. Unwarranted.

58 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Folk could criticise Levein without the personal attacks. Unwarranted.

If only !

Haven't read much of this thread , pretty sure there will be a fair amount of vitriol and pesh .

With Naismith et al back from injury pretty sure CL would drag us out of relegation zone . Not saying it would be a good watch .

I think DS will bounce us out . Not for the faint hearted

I really struggle to understand why there is so much personal hatred voiced by so many towards Craig Levein!

In my lifetime he has been right up there with the best, player, manager, DoF.  But sadly more recently in his second spell as manger he had a bad run without much luck with a few bad decisions thrown in!

However his last role at Hearts cannot wipe out all the good he has done for Hearts in the past including being one of the most talented to ever wear the maroon shirt. Surely ....

Give the man some respect and look to a bright future ..... happy days will come at some point in the future

HHGH

16 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

At best we might have been slightly better off. But I reckon we would still have been in a relegation battle.

The atmosphere around the club would be beyond toxic. 

It'll be pretty toxic if we lose on Saturday.

He's still here, and picking up a wage. A ridiculous situation. Not in charge, but how do we know he's not undermining DS? I really can't believe an intelligent person like Ann Budge would back him the way she has. I would imagine the full truth about this season will come out in due course. 

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I really struggle to understand why there is so much personal hatred voiced by so many towards Craig Levein!

In my lifetime he has been right up there with the best, player, manager, DoF.  But sadly more recently in his second spell as manger he had a bad run without much luck with a few bad decisions thrown in!

However his last role at Hearts cannot wipe out all the good he has done for Hearts in the past including being one of the most talented to ever wear the maroon shirt. Surely ....

Give the man some respect and look to a bright future ..... happy days will come at some point in the future

HHGH

Not a serious post surely. He's completely undermined all his achievements at Hearts and I'm someone who acknowledges and was fortunate enough to see him as a player. 

23 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Not a serious post surely. He's completely undermined all his achievements at Hearts and I'm someone who acknowledges and was fortunate enough to see him as a player. 

If that’s true (I hope it’s not) it’s very sad..

29 minutes ago, Five to One said:

12 months of poor league form has undermined his entire Hearts career? Pure unadulterated nonsense!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You have the power to decide if it’s true or not.  

He’s still one of the greatest Hearts players ever ..... and nobody and nothing or even his ‘haters’ on here  will ever take that away!!

Eternal respect!

BangkokHearts
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Negative posts about them are because they are responsible for us being bottom of the league with the 4th biggest budget.

Results on the pitch are the most important gauge of success of a football club and as a business absolutely critical for future income.

They have failed.

It's difficult to know. We would still be bottom at best and cut further adrift at worse in my opinion. The definite points you can count on if Levein was still here are:

- Sean Clare would still be rubbish

- We would have kept Berra, Whelan and they'd probably still be in the first XI

- We would not have signed Langer, Sibbick and Avidaj

- We would not have beaten Rangers

- We would not have scored 3 goals at St. Johnstone to rescue a point

Bazzas right boot

I hope CL stays on as some capacity just so the the jkb servers continue to get power from the online verbal combat that keeps them live. 

Imagine jkb without at least 5 threads discussing CL, be like imagining a airport without wh smiths. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I hope CL stays on as some capacity just so the the jkb servers continue to get power from the online verbal combat that keeps them live. 

Imagine jkb without at least 5 threads discussing CL, be like imagining a airport without wh smiths. 

Imagine JKB without you.

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

He’s still one of the greatest Hearts players ever ..... and nobody and nothing or even his ‘haters’ on here  will ever take that away!!

Eternal respect!

Scary how long ago it was.

Jeez !

The guy waltzed around a football park on regular occasion. 
One thing about oor Craig though, he is a stubborn so and so !

There is an important message in there.

There endeth the lesson ! 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

12 months of poor league form has undermined his entire Hearts career? Pure unadulterated nonsense!

12 months??? After over 5 years he left the whole football dept in a total shambles and the Club on the brink of relegation FFS!!

1 hour ago, Five to One said:

Oh the remnants of the LDL are serious all right! They love Levein more than they love the Club!

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein will always be one of our greatest ever players and his first managerial stint will be remembered  as being very successful. The attitude towards him is embarrassing.

The attitude towards him is embarrassing - yours!

33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh the remnants of the LDL are serious all right! They love Levein more than they love the Club!

No individual person is bigger than Hearts .... you should never forget that ...... 

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

No individual person is bigger than Hearts .... you should never forget that ...... 

Unfortunately Levein did!