If Levein still in charge

Cynic

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can you read?

Can you? At no point did I say we beat Cove 5-0 (it was 4-2).

However, you claimed we smashed that group. We didn't. We relied on a penalty win over Raith.

Edited by neilnunb

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Can you? At no point did I say we beat Cove 5-0 (it was 4-2).

However, you claimed we smashed that group. We didn't. We relied on a penalty win over Raith.

We beat them 1-2 ... that answers that question!

Just now, neilnunb said:

So who did we beat 4-2 which you stated?

🤣

Hearts 5-0 ICT

Hearts 5-0 Cowdenbeath 

Hearts 4-2 Motherwell 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts 5-0 ICT

Hearts 5-0 Cowdenbeath 

Hearts 4-2 Motherwell 

Ffs the Motherwell game wasn't the group stage though, that's what confused me.

🤣

Knew we'd won the other two 5-0.

Guest ToqueJambo

If Levein had got Washington, Walker, Naismith, Souttar and Halkett back, plus a new signing (he always liked Boyce), we'd be safe around 8th by now probably. But the mood around the place would still be terrible - even worse than us being bottom bizarrely - so on balance I'm glad we have Stendel. He really needs to get us winning though. He made the tough decisions around Berra and Whelan and needs to make another one around the goalie position.

Edited by ToqueJambo

pettigrewsstylist

He would still be signing yesterdays glass made dross and thinking hes cute, whilst openly trolling the fans who can see right thro it.

So all of a sudden if we only had Levein as Manager we would have been “safe”

FFS! 🙈

6 hours ago, hueyview said:

The irony.....  "The war is over for you Herr Stendel" ....

Harsh ... but you could be correct!

4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Most of those players were available for the Ross County match at home.  That 0-0 game where 6-0 wouldn't have flattered Ross County.  Don't think we had a shot on target that day. 

Levein should never be welcomed back to Tynecastle ever again after he leaves in the summer.  

Total rubbish ... Craig Levein is one of the best players that Hearts have ever had!

Respect!

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

So we’d have been better of with Levein and Berra then? Is that where we are now? 
This place man!

I agree you are correct!

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Total rubbish ... Craig Levein is one of the best players that Hearts have ever had!

Respect!

So if we get relegated you would welcome Levein back with open arms???

At best we might have been slightly better off. But I reckon we would still have been in a relegation battle.

The atmosphere around the club would be beyond toxic. 

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So if we get relegated you would welcome Levein back with open arms???

IMO he should always be welcome at Tynie!!

Now then and forever!

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Levein was in charge for 11 games.  We took 8 points, including 3 from 5 home games.  His only win was against Paul Heckingbottom's Hibs.  

We'd also scored 1 goal in his last 5 games, a defensive howler from Rangers.

Sure, he'd presumably have won every game

Sarcasm, but we we were without Naismith, Souttar, Halkett, Washington and Walker for pretty much all that. 

They are back, Boyce and 3 others have signed. 

Imo You can't say, but he had to go certain parts of the support had turned toxic. 

Stendel has us playing better and it's more exciting, with a bit of luck and less individual brain farts we will Surley pick up points. 

HillmanHearts

Stating the bleedin obvious but :

Our defence would be better.

Our attack would be worse.

Atmosphere from the stands is less negatively draining on the players since he left which could turn out to be a major factor.

However we may have got Gordon in with CL in charge.

3 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Atmosphere from the stands is less negatively draining on the players since he left which could turn out to be a major factor.

Erm, no. 

Celtic didn’t want to let him go. 

Levein signed the 3 current duds.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

The fact we are bottom is the fault of Craig Levein and Ann Budge, if we go down it's their fault and if we stay up then Stendel will have done very well.

The rot had set in waaay before Levein was axed, it was well past alarm bells or big flashing warning signs, the longer he stayed the harder it would then be to turn this season around.

Aw aye, and Levein is actually still at the club :rofl:

Your first statement is factually incorrect. 

False fact of the day as your opening gambit. 

When CL left we weren't bottom. 

The rest of it could be true. 

16 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Not getting CG was nothing to do with our gaffer. 

It was because Peter Lawell KB’d us. CL still being in charge (shudder) wouldn’t have made one iota of difference in this regard. 

Edited by MattyK82

HillmanHearts
2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Erm, no. 

Celtic didn’t want to let him go. 

Levein signed the 3 current duds.

Not disputing he signed the three duds.

It was amongst many of the contributory factors leading to our current plight and his dismissal. 

But the talk since the slamming shut of the window is that Celtic may have been prepared to let him come at a price we were unwilling to pay as money would have been earmarked for the targets that Daniel was chasing and ultimately didnt get.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So all of a sudden if we only had Levein as Manager we would have been “safe”

FFS! 🙈

I've skipped a few pages but has anyone suggested a poll ? 

Should we sack Stendel and invite CL to take over until end of season  ? 🤔 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Now then and forever!

Thankyou Ann

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Not disputing he signed the three duds.

It was amongst many of the contributory factors leading to our current plight and his dismissal. 

But the talk since the slamming shut of the window is that Celtic may have been prepared to let him come at a price we were unwilling to pay as money would have been earmarked for the targets that Daniel was chasing and ultimately didnt get.

Am I the only one who thought Zlamal and Doyle had their faults but were really not that horrific? Given time they both seemed to have the basics down at least and just needed to cut out some brainfarts. I'm non-plussed that Pereira is still getting a game. He can't save the most simple shots fired straight at him.

56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sarcasm, but we we were without Naismith, Souttar, Halkett, Washington and Walker for pretty much all that. 

They are back, Boyce and 3 others have signed. 

Imo You can't say, but he had to go certain parts of the support had turned toxic. 

Stendel has us playing better and it's more exciting, with a bit of luck and less individual brain farts we will Surley pick up points. 

Up till the Aberdeen game most of them were missing for Stendel as well.  Since then it's 2 defeats in 8 games, 1 away to Celtic.

Everyone wants us to click and start winning games every week.  Unfortunately Levein had a calendar year of dreadful results and performances which had sucked three life out the club.

Stendel has made mistakes in trying to rectify it, notably persisting with a keeper who can't keep goal, but there have at least been signs of life.  Under Levein we were terrible and getting worse.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Am I the only one who thought Zlamal and Doyle had their faults but were really not that horrific? Given time they both seemed to have the basics down at least and just needed to cut out some brainfarts. I'm non-plussed that Pereira is still getting a game. He can't save the most simple shots fired straight at him.

Doyle is a shite steady Eddie, as I'm not a 7/10 across the board but a 5/6.

Bobby, tbh does give me the jitters. He makes the simple things look awkward 

Both can make saves tho. 

31 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I've skipped a few pages but has anyone suggested a poll ? 

Should we sack Stendel and invite CL to take over until end of season  ? 🤔 

No let him (Stendel) walk and  then ask the obvious person to save us!

51 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

No let him (Stendel) walk and  then ask the obvious person to save us!

Gary Locke?

10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How many points separated us and Hibs? They are currently 15 ahead and now have an outside chance of challenging for third.

I have only been on her a few days, but already I have noticed that you seem to enjoy taking a contrary position to the vast majority.

Levein is history, move on please.

Nicholas Brody
6 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Up till the Aberdeen game most of them were missing for Stendel as well.  Since then it's 2 defeats in 8 games, 1 away to Celtic.

Everyone wants us to click and start winning games every week.  Unfortunately Levein had a calendar year of dreadful results and performances which had sucked three life out the club.

Stendel has made mistakes in trying to rectify it, notably persisting with a keeper who can't keep goal, but there have at least been signs of life.  Under Levein we were terrible and getting worse.

Very good point.

Add into the mix injuries to Smith and Hickey after the new year, it's not exactly been easy.

Seriously, what is the actual point?  What if... If only...

Stendel is the manager and the only thing that matters right now is that we beat Hamilton tomorrow.

What does this all really matter? I backed Levein as much as I could, and still respect the man, but he's long gone as manager. Stendel is the man and that's that.

14 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Are you kidding? If you reversed those two games, Stendel would have had no league wins from his first 8 game. We'd still be bottom of the league. Our points per game would still have been worse than under either Levein or McPhee this season. You wouldn't have been anxious with 1 win and 6 points from 10 league games, sitting bottom of the league in mid-February, and with just 12 games to go, just because the 2-1 win against Rangers was two games ago not four? The excuses being made for Stendel are getting to the point they are worse than under Levein. It just looks bad because of the order of the games? No, his results are a total horror show, whatever way you choose to dress them up.

And while some of the football has undoubtedly been more entertaining than under Levein, some of it has still been horrible. The home game to St Johnstone, the away game to Hamilton, the away game to Ross County, the away game to Falkirk, and the Celtic game last night have all been awful performances, every bit as devoid of entertainment as Levein teams used to serve up.

:lol:

2 of those games were pretty much as he was just in the door.

1 of them was played in 50mph wind, great football on show all round.

1 of them at Parkhead, where we actually competed for the first half, but a venue we never play well at.

Bash on though.

Football takes its natural course.  We were dreadful a year ago, never mind up until the downgrading of CL.

We were sinking quickly, toiled to score and keep them out at the other end. Dour football with no sign of hope.  

Manager loses his job, that’s how it goes a lot of the time. What happens after has nothing to do with wondering what may have happened if you kept the old manager on!    

Edited by Debut 4

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Now then and forever!

:rofl:

When Auntie Budge finally develops the minerals to boot her best boy out the door the **** should never be allowed to set foot in tynecastle again.

The state he has been allowed to get this club into with the stability and resources at his disposal is nothing short of a scandal.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

When Auntie Budge finally develops the minerals to boot her best boy out the door the **** should never be allowed to set foot in tynecastle again.

The state he has been allowed to get this club into with the stability and resources at his disposal is nothing short of a scandal.

How people miss the culprit for the state we are in is quite astonishing. The punters wanting Stendel out that actually supported levein are the worst. 

59 minutes ago, Locky said:

What does this all really matter? I backed Levein as much as I could, and still respect the man, but he's long gone as manager. Stendel is the man and that's that.

Saved me the bother of typing 👍

I hope Daniel doesn't put 'El Cato' in goal tomorrow. In addition to him being not very good his confidence is shattered. 

He was brought in to improve our goalkeeping position but he's actually much worse than the players he replaced. 

Send him back to Old Trafford and if they complain send them a video nasty of his time here. 

I fear for Daniel's and Hearts future if he plays him tomorrow and it goes wrong. 

18 hours ago, Cynic said:

Would we be in a worse position if Levein still in charge? Net effect of Stendel bottom of the league. Not defending Levein just asking how had Stendel improved us? 

Move on mate. If yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle......!!

18 hours ago, Cynic said:

Would we be in a worse position if Levein still in charge? Net effect of Stendel bottom of the league. Not defending Levein just asking how had Stendel improved us? 

We are more interesting to watch. There's a buzz back. Now we need results

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doyle is a shite steady Eddie, as I'm not a 7/10 across the board but a 5/6.

Bobby, tbh does give me the jitters. He makes the simple things look awkward 

Both can make saves tho. 

Surely a goalkeepers primary task?

14 minutes ago, jambali said:

We are more interesting to watch. There's a buzz back. Now we need results

More interesting if you find bottom of the league interesting. Hopefully we can get results.