If Levein still in charge

Cynic

Would we be in a worse position if Levein still in charge? Net effect of Stendel bottom of the league. Not defending Levein just asking how had Stendel improved us? 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good point

well put it this way - we probably couldn't be any worse... plus more of a chance he would have fought to get Craig Gordon in earlier too

It's impossible to know for certain.  If Levein and mcphee had actually left the building would we be in a better position? Who knows. 

If Levein had been sacked at the start of the season how would we be? 

All I know for certain is that I'm glad he is no longer hearts manager. 

Victor Mancini

We’d have set up for damage limitation against rangers, and probably have Wighton and McLean up top so for me the answer is no.

levein couldn’t buy a win in the past calendar year. 

We will win our next 2 games and move forward 

letsalldothebeattie

Where were the wins going to come from under Levein? We were absolutely brutal under him and we weren’t winning games so to think he would’ve turned it round and have us in a better position now is laughable 

Niemi’s gloves

I’d say that if CL was still manager and IF he had had the same backing from the fans that DS has had, then we would be in better shape than we are. But the atmosphere at games then was toxic and that clearly impacted on the team.

Levein was in charge for 11 games.  We took 8 points, including 3 from 5 home games.  His only win was against Paul Heckingbottom's Hibs.  

We'd also scored 1 goal in his last 5 games, a defensive howler from Rangers.

Sure, he'd presumably have won every game

Walter Bishop
14 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Would we be in a worse position if Levein still in charge? Net effect of Stendel bottom of the league. Not defending Levein just asking how had Stendel improved us? 

If Levein had been sacked when he should have been we would be in a better position. 

End off. 

4 games ago I’d have said no but we’ve gone backwards quickly after looking to start to get what was needed.

Its a moot point.

We weren’t bottom when Stendel arrrived.

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

We'd be even worse off under Levein. After all, we'd have lost against Rangers under him.

Hope this helps.

We didn’t the previous home game....

13 minutes ago, Cynic said:

We would be in the same position as we are in my opinion. The immediate upturn we all hoped for when Stendel came Inn has not happened unfortunately but he needs to up the game pronto to get us out this mess. Dropping Joel is a must for starter's. Hope Levein is happy with the mess he left whilst hiding up at the Oriam. 

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

If Levein had been sacked when he should have been we would be in a better position. 

End off. 

Aye that should have been after Livi pumped us last season. 

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

We didn’t the previous home game....

We didn't win it either.

What was it for Levein against Rangers? 1 win in 26? And that was a meaningless end of season kickabout! 

👏

We'd be in a worser position.

The fans were truly fed up with Levein and his style of play so apathy would've kept growing. His players and style are what got us into this mess and it is no easy or quick fix.

We'd also still have Berra punting it long and getting caught at the back, Wighton, Whelan with his train when you please deal etc.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Well he never beat Rangers at home, ever so there’s one thing Stendel has on him. Can only judge at the end of the season but the atmosphere and crowds are up since Levein was belatedly relieved of his managerial duties.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

good point

well put it this way - we probably couldn't be any worse... plus more of a chance he would have fought to get Craig Gordon in earlier too

He would’ve had to get rid of players to get some in, who would’ve left? Celtic wouldn’t let Gordon go so no matter what we did it wouldn’t have made a difference. He never beat Rangers at home so there’s at jest two points better off, what results would he have bettered Stendel in? 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’d say that if CL was still manager and IF he had had the same backing from the fans that DS has had, then we would be in better shape than we are. But the atmosphere at games then was toxic and that clearly impacted on the team.

Which was totally his fault for what he has put in place and the style of football he played, why would the fans back him?

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Where were the wins going to come from under Levein? We were absolutely brutal under him and we weren’t winning games so to think he would’ve turned it round and have us in a better position now is laughable 

Certifiable in fact.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why?

It’s not a given Dave but I have to say I think it’s highly unlikely that any manager worth his salt would’ve taken over after last seasons cup final and not had us in a better position than joint bottom at the point DS took over. Assuming the full backing of the board in the close season. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not a given Dave but I have to say I think it’s highly unlikely that any manager worth his salt would’ve taken over after last seasons cup final and not had us in a better position than joint bottom at the point DS took over. Assuming the full backing of the board in the close season. 

Very possibly but who would that manager have been? Certainly not Stendel. 

31 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Empty stadium. FOH contributors reduced. Relegation imminent. 

All this could happen if we don't win on Saturday.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Very possibly but who would that manager have been? Certainly not Stendel. 

Not sure. I just think the board missed a trick. If CL had been stuck back upstairs, which is what many fans wanted, a fresh approach at the beginning of the season would have benefitted everyone at the club, including CL funnily enough. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 points from 11 games, 10 in 15 games since. 

I think we may have been marginally better off

1. Shouldn't have started the season
  2. Too slow getting the new manager, plunged in during a heavy run of fixtures
  3. Choice of manager, on a learning curve, doesn't know the league and its players

These are the factors.

We cant even blame injury any longer, results are arguably just as poor now with a better set of resources

35 minutes ago, Victor Mancini said:

We’d have set up for damage limitation against rangers, and probably have Wighton and McLean up top so for me the answer is no.

levein couldn’t buy a win in the past calendar year. 

We will win our next 2 games and move forward 

How can you be so sure?

i don’t think we will

i just hope the players aren’t as cocky as some on here thinking they just need to turn up to win 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

How can you be so sure?

i don’t think we will

i just hope the players aren’t as cocky as some on here thinking they just need to turn up to win 

I hope that they believe they can and will win...unlike you. 

Just now, Jammy T said:

4 games ago I’d have said no but we’ve gone backwards quickly after looking to start to get what was needed.

Its a moot point.

We weren’t bottom when Stendel arrrived.

We were joint bottom. 3 teams on 12 pts.

We were only sitting in 10th on goal difference.

A moot point again !

Just now, Boab said:

A moot point again !

Not moot at the end of a season.  😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion 

You are. Still the biggest laughing stock, surpassing the team though, a notable achievement by anyone's standards

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

A moot point again !

How many points separated us and Hibs? They are currently 15 ahead and now have an outside chance of challenging for third.

50 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Let’s not even go there - Levein set in motion the disaster that is now staring us in the face! Frankly I never want to hear his name again!

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I think we might have been slightly better off through grinding out a few draws but it was the right decision to get rid of Levein.

No debate Levein had to go. Should have gone much earlier. My point is what Stendel actually achieved since he took over? Unless you think beating a crap Rangers team is the reason for our existence.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion 

Was looking at that Hamilton support against Aberdeen.  They could certainly be doing with more local supporters.  

1 minute ago, kila said:

And we're entitled to tell you what we think of said opinion

As long as it’s done politely and without personal attack or accusations then yes that’s ok 

1 minute ago, Cynic said:

No debate Levein had to go. Should have gone much earlier. My point is what Stendel actually achieved since he took over? Unless you think beating a crap Rangers team is the reason for our existence.

No need to get ratty I think I have answered the question fairly.