***Official Hearts v Hamilton match thread***

iantjambo

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Past form means nothing in these games. There’s very little between the teams. I expect at least a point. 

Hope we get something out of it. Wish I had your positivity. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Gizmo

• redjambo

• Marvin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

More bollocks. Hamilton got lucky for one goal and a school boy error gave them their second.  

Yet again, not bollocks. It doesn't matter a jot if they got one lucky goal and a school boy error, we only managed to draw at home to a 10 man Hamilton team missing quite a few first team regulars. That does not bode well for playing teams that are better than Hamilton and ourselves. Just saying a team is crap and we will beat doesn't make it so. At best I reckon we will get a point in Paisley.

39 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Barely. One measly point behind Hamilton and St Mirren well within reach.  It will be interesting next week. A win against St Mirren changes everything 

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

More bollocks. Hamilton got lucky for one goal and a school boy error gave them their second.  

I’ve not seen much of you on here Dazzle , I apologise, top poster imo 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻     👏🏻

5 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

why dont you f...  off.

If it smells like Hobo pretending to be a concerned Jambo, then it’s definitely a Hobo shit bag.

4 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I’ve not seen much of you on here Dazzle , I apologise, top poster imo 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻     👏🏻

I don’t come on often because there are just too many on here seem to enjoy bashing the club in an irrational manner. Some are undoubtedly Hibs supporters but not them all. 

Gordon Ramsay
24 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

The vitriol you spew against Hearts counters the above claim.

I'll say what i want 😂

If we're shite I'll say it. If we're good I'll say it.

Away and fire up your Hearts 2-2 Hamilton DVD and party long into the night. 

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No meaning to put you on a downer but I’m actually struggling to remember the last time we won through there. 

2012 03 21  Hammil, Skacel

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

We got away with one today. It was never a sending off.

I disagree that it was never a sending off. His arm moved to block the ball. 

They could have been down to 9 if the Hamilton player was sent off in a last man foul on Sean Clare. The referee didn't even book him, personally I think he bottled it.

I've noticed how rare it is for the players to actually pass it so the player receiving the ball is already running. It seems more often than not its directly to the player or just behind them which kills any momentum. 

Bit frustrating tbh.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

The Hamilton boy Ogkmpoe is a decent player. Won everything and scored a couple.

He's everything Ikpeazu isn't.

Hardly. 

If Ikpeazu was up against Halkett Uche would look like a superstar!

11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

They could have been down to 9 if the Hamilton player was sent off in a last man foul on Sean Clare. The referee didn't even book him, personally I think he bottled it.

I agree regarding the foul on Clare. I thought the defender got caught by an unlucky bounce of the ball. The free kick wasn’t going to be given, the shout from the crowd influenced the linesman.

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

I've noticed how rare it is for the players to actually pass it so the player receiving the ball is already running. It seems more often than not its directly to the player or just behind them which kills any momentum. 

Bit frustrating tbh.

yep, been that way for so long

On 13/02/2020 at 17:53, Texia said:

“It would be time to go”:lol:

It’s started already, some folk can’t help themselves.

Not feeling quite so cocky now are you

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I don’t come on often because there are just too many on here seem to enjoy bashing the club in an irrational manner. Some are undoubtedly Hibs supporters but not them all. 

Irrational !!! bottom of the league, 2-0 down to a 2nd string Hamilton who if they hadnt got a man sent off would have won and a Hearts team who if they had any quality should still have won but didnt.

That is not irrational, its time some fans understand just how ****ed we are Dazzle and its been like this for 18months.

Every week i keep seeing “we’ll go on a run”, “we were unlucky” “if we just sort out xxx”

These are excuses to underperformance and we are sleep walking to relegation.

Edited by Jamboelite

Scottie Wanshot.
6 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Hang on, the taxi driver who said Boyce was injured was wrong? Can't trust anyone these days. 

he should not have played, he couldn't run in the 2md half with his back.

When we lined up for the kick-off with a 2-4-4 formation I started to fear the worst. To play like that you  must win the midfield but we were dominated in that area and couldn't get the ball on the deck or win second balls.

Souttar strikes me these days as a bit of a billy big-baws, more concerned with looking good than actually being good, maybe we were too quick to dump Berra.

Also, it's supposed to be us that's playing the high-press, you could have fooled me as it was Hamilton who were doing the pressing the whole game.

I’m just home from the 1874 bar and most

of us agree ..... we where absolutely terrible until the sending off . Against a 10 man rank side for ? Minutes we got 2 goals back ,,,,,,,, hey we are rank like they are The table does not lie . I thought the crowd was not vocal enough to get behind the team , the main stand is where I sit was awful . I’ don’t want to argue about this or that !  We all have our opinions who should have done this or who should have done that !! If you don’t agree it’s your opinion! we are rank ! but we have to get behind this team they are lacking confidence  the booooooos pist me off at the final whistle!!!  I’m really fuming to be honest does this help our situation? Absolutely not . We are not down yet ffs get behind our beloved hearts !

57 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

For the first time ever I agree

3 minutes ago, One five said:

of us agree ..... we where absolutely terrible until the sending off . Against a 10 man rank side for ? Minutes we got 2 goals back ,,,,,,,, hey we are rank like they are The table does not lie . I thought the crowd was not vocal enough to get behind the team , the main stand is where I sit was awful . I’ don’t want to argue about this or that !  We all have our opinions who should have done this or who should have done that !! If you don’t agree it’s your opinion! we are rank ! but we have to get behind this team they are lacking confidence  the booooooos pist me off at the final whistle!!!  I’m really fuming to be honest does this help our situation? Absolutely not . We are not down yet ffs get behind our beloved hearts !

A pathetic performance.  

Naismith now spends too much time moaning instead of concentrating on his own performance....Boyce again was average. Too casual on the ball instead of doing something with purpose. 

Whipping boy and Hun accused Walker only one showing a bit quality and perception. 

We are struggling.  We lack bottle, guile, cunning and anything else you need to win football matches. 

32 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Irrational !!! bottom of the league, 2-0 down to a 2nd string Hamilton who if they hadnt got a man sent off would have won and a Hearts team who if they had any quality should still have won but didnt.

That is not irrational, its time some fans understand just how ****ed we are Dazzle and its been like this for 18months.

Every week i keep seeing “we’ll go on a run”, “we were unlucky” “if we just sort out xxx”

These are excuses to underperformance and we are sleep walking to relegation.

We are in a very tight relegation battle with the three teams above us who are equally crap. Seven points between us and Ross County, three points between us and St Mirren, one game. That’s all it takes, one win and we are well on our way, particularly if that win is next week against St Mirren. It changes the landscape significantly. And as I pointed out earlier, Hamilton were downright lucky for their goals and we battered them in the second half and came back from 0-2. I really don’t give a stuff about “what ifs”. It doesn’t matter, the team battled to get the draw and probably should have won. I’m disappointed we didn’t finish them but that’s the breaks right now. We move on to the next game and hopefully do better.  

35 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

A pathetic performance.  

Naismith now spends too much time moaning instead of concentrating on his own performance....Boyce again was average. Too casual on the ball instead of doing something with purpose. 

Whipping boy and Hun accused Walker only one showing a bit quality and perception. 

We are struggling.  We lack bottle, guile, cunning and anything else you need to win football matches. 

Indeed 

portobellojambo1

I think that after this coming Friday some realism may have to sink in. If we lose, in fact lets be honest, if we do anything other than win then people will have to start accepting that relegation is a very real possibility, not a play off place but relegation.

I felt we had to win both today and Friday and already that has fallen apart. Today we were playing against the sort of side that will inhabit the bottom 6 after the split and in the main they know what to do when in those positions, we don't or don't appear to. We didn't lose today, the dismissal of one of their players probably played a part in that, but we only performed for part of the game and we are now involved in games where the players need to be switched on and fully focused from start to finish. We will not get relegated because we appointed Daniel Stendel, the damage was already deeply entrenched long, long before he arrived. We may be lucky enough to stay in this division because of his appointment though, only time will tell.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think that after this coming Friday some realism may have to sink in. If we lose, in fact lets be honest, if we do anything other than win then people will have to start accepting that relegation is a very real possibility, not a play off place but relegation.

I felt we had to win both today and Friday and already that has fallen apart. Today we were playing against the sort of side that will inhabit the bottom 6 after the split and in the main they know what to do when in those positions, we don't or don't appear to. We didn't lose today, the dismissal of one of their players probably played a part in that, but we only performed for part of the game and we are now involved in games where the players need to be switched on and fully focused from start to finish. We will not get relegated because we appointed Daniel Stendel, the damage was already deeply entrenched long, long before he arrived. We may be lucky enough to stay in this division because of his appointment though, only time will tell.

Teams are doing simple stuff against us and getting joy. But it’s done with intent and organisation. 

Hamilton are a poor football team generally but in certain moments they were awake to what was open to them, had willing runners and their players reacted. 

Its percentage football over 90 minutes because sometimes they’d walked away with nothing in other games, but they knew it was enough to get at us and today they got their reward. 

They played on our nervousness and if we don’t overcome those nerves and rise above it, what you see today is the end result.  

17 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I never thought that we had to win either game, just that we couldn't afford to lose. Escaping relegation, not now avoiding, will involve playing through another 11 such games and, hopefully, just scraping enough points to survive. Teams above us are not defeating us with finesse, they're simply thumping the ball into our third and waiting for us to panic and make the mistake. It's going to take cool heads and bottle to survive, especially from those playing at the back.

Edited by Gabriel

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

For the first time ever I agree

I expect the agreement will be short-lived ............... but you never know 🙂

2 hours ago, One five said:

I'm in main stand also,thinkits a great view of pitch ,  but poor for atmosphere, certainly dont help with way were performing,   but I get the impression most folk sit on their hands and dont want to be in the vociferous  side of things.....

CornhillHearts

Just a wee note of appreciation: 

I was lucky enough to be drawn out the hat for the Gorgie Suite at the weekend. Although not the best result, as ever the hospitality was second to none.

Here's a wee link to Aaron's vlog, which includes after match chat with Scott Wilson/Jamie Walker/Andy Irving.  Apologies re. the sound initially, was a bit noisy.

https://youtu.be/udiXtLoQN64

Edited by CornhillHearts
didn't imbed properly

51 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Just a wee note of appreciation: 

I was lucky enough to be drawn out the hat for the Gorgie Suite at the weekend. Although not the best result, as ever the hospitality was second to none.

Here's a wee link to Aaron's vlog, which includes after match chat with Scott Wilson/Jamie Walker/Andy Irving.  Apologies re. the sound initially, was a bit noisy.

https://youtu.be/udiXtLoQN64

:laugh:

Wilson cleaning his mic during interviewing Jamie. He talks well to be fair, looks more at ease compared to media interviews in the past.

From sending off to Premiership trial..

Brighton are weighing up a move for Hamilton defender Jamie Hamilton after taking the teenager on trial.

The Ladbrokes Premiership Accies have announced that the 17-year-old will spend a few days with the Premier League club.

Hamilton said on their official website: "The club can confirm Jamie Hamilton has travelled to English Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion, where he will spend three days at their training centre.

"This isn't something the club would normally agree to. However, given our close connection with previous manager Billy Reid, we're happy for Brighton to see Jamie in their own environment.

"Jamie will return to Hamilton on Thursday in preparation for our visit to Ibrox on Wednesday, March 4."