***Official Hearts v Hamilton match thread***

iantjambo

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Not a clue if White is out I just simply don’t rate him. Hardly finished a 90 mins since being at the club and hasn’t exactly shone when playing I’d rather see Ben get the chance if Hickey still out

got you👍

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Gizmo

• redjambo

• Marvin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 13/02/2020 at 10:02, Frankfurter said:

Metoffice currently predicting heavy rain and 50mph gusts for kickoff time. Lottery.

We have a chance then!

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

I thought Meshino had fallen out of favour? I would certainly give him a shot in this one.  We need people to run at defenders and force them into errors.

Would be surprised if Meshino started in this game. Stendel said he wanted more work off the ball and not just fleeting glimpses of individual skill. He was hooked against St. Johnstone in the 60th minute and appeared to give White little supporting cover in the time before it. Stendel can ideally choose from Walker/Meshino/Avdijaj , so I suppose it's the one that can add graft and flair that will get the nod.

24 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Not a clue if White is out I just simply don’t rate him. Hardly finished a 90 mins since being at the club and hasn’t exactly shone when playing I’d rather see Ben get the chance if Hickey still out

White played the last full game at tynecastle, and was named MoM 

23 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We will not beat Hamilton,anybody who has been to our last 4 game at Can surely see this.

We are utterly pish.

22 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No arguing that we are the worst team in the league. Since the break Hamilton and st mirren have been poor. It’s not so much straw clutching as realising we aren’t the only pish team down there. Ross county, though out of reach right now, are also very poor of late. 

Think they’ve all got old firm games left to play as well. 

From the last 5 league games, we've taken 5 points, Ross Co and St Liedown 3, and Hamilton 1.

Hamilton and Ross County still have to play sevco, St Liedown still have to play both arsecheeks.

Edited by FarmerTweedy

The Treasurer

The storm is the least of our worries.

That horrible club will try their best to disrupt the game at every possible opportunity. Whether it's by committing fouls, time wasting, surrounding the ref, they will try it.

5-1.

That's right - we will win this 5-1

I'm confident of us pumping them, but still don't trust the defence enough yet not to concede.

*will settle for a scrappy 1-0 win

I am actually struggling to name a starting XI.

Put a scarecrow in goals, hope Souttar and Halckett have one of their good games, midfield matters not as they are all shite, throw in a couple of our shite academy graduates, hope Naismith has one of his good games, have a few more duds around him and Boyce upfront.

We will open our arms to Hamilton and welcome them to the Foundation of Budge arena.  It is a buffet for most.  Budge will be there taking time out her Missionary work to meet and greet some random suites with no attachment to the club.

Hearts 1 Hamilton 3

Media talk of El Gato being dropped - at last. I'd play Zlamal, Stone has been mentioned as a possibility only seen him once v Cowdenbeath in the Tunnocks cup and while he's a good prospect I would wait before giving him his debut.

28 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

From the last 5 league games, we've taken 5 points, Ross Co and St Liedown 3, and Hamilton 1.

Hamilton and Ross County still have to play sevco, St Liedown still have to play both arsecheeks.

Yep. The fact that those around us are pish as well and that they have hard fixtures is all that keeps me going. 

GK - Zlamal

RWB - Clare

CB - Halkett 
SW - Smith

CB - Souttar

LWB - Hickey

CDM - Sibbick

CM - Irving

CM - Walker

AMC - Naismith

ST - Boyce 

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Media talk of El Gato being dropped - at last. I'd play Zlamal, Stone has been mentioned as a possibility only seen him once v Cowdenbeath in the Tunnocks cup and while he's a good prospect I would wait before giving him his debut.

Curious about Stone probably still too young ? Think Gordon was almost 20 before he played .

I'm sure some on here have watched him a few times ?

Can't seem to find any info on his height build etc 

Haven't been through full thread, but just back from a journey into town. 3 way traffic lights for roadworks on Stevenson Road. Took roughly 25mins just to get from Saughton roundabout to the temp traffic lights at Stevenson drive. So heads up for tomorrow to those travelling over from the west. 

If already posted, then hope you all had a good sleep! 😴😁

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Put a scarecrow in goals, hope Souttar and Halckett have one of their good games, midfield matters not as they are all shite, throw in a couple of our shite academy graduates, hope Naismith has one of his good games, have a few more duds around him and Boyce upfront.

We will open our arms to Hamilton and welcome them to the Foundation of Budge arena.  It is a buffet for most.  Budge will be there taking time out her Missionary work to meet and greet some random suites with no attachment to the club.

Hearts 1 Hamilton 3

3b295e35fa620a6c246a81bdffabf699.jpg

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts 1 Hamilton 3

drama-queen-2.jpg

Come on hearts just beat them. They do nothing for the premiership shite ground shite fans rubbish football club they are just a horrible club. They should get docked point cos of there manager betting 

Stone

Clare Halkett Souttar Garuccio

Smith  Bozanic 

Walker                        McDonald 

Naismith 

Boyce 

Or

Stone

Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey 

Sibbick Bozanic 

Clare       Naismith       Walker 

Boyce

Austin MacGlee
On 13/02/2020 at 11:12, VALDOS' said:

Hamilton have an increasing injury list to an already poor squad, it might be the difference to gaining 3 points. 

This. We will win on Saturday. I think St Mirren are a far harder test for us next week.

Austin MacGlee
2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Where are you seeing this mate?

Smith is the best right back, it's his best position. I don;t get this plying him in midfield when we are struggling at the back.

I'd have Smith RB and if Cochrane is fit bring him into midfield.

Bobby

Smith. Soutter.  Halkett 

Clare.                                                    White/Hickey

Irving     Sibbick/Naismith

Walker.                                                    Washington

Boyce 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

God knows about this one.

With the three clowns at the back Halkett, Souttar and Pereira I won’t be surprised if we lose a few goals.

PhoenixHearts

Bobby

Clare   Halkett   Souttar   Garuccio

Smith 

Washington  Walker   Meshino/Avdijaj

Boyce  Naismith

Controversial, but I think Irving could do with sitting out a game, or coming on in the second half. Not a knock on him, but he's maybe been shouldering too much responsibility. As good as he looks, he's still  young.

Frees up an extra midfield space  for a super attacking lineup with 5 players who can create/finish. Want to see more of Avdijaj. 

5 attackers with a diligent defense should be more than enough to effectively press and keep it tight at the back.

Garuccio is our best Left back not named Hickey. If he's fit, i'm picking him ahead of White 10 times out of 10.

Smith can drop back to provide extra defensive cover when one of our defenders decide to go walkies. I like the high press but I think at least 3 of the defenders/holding mid should always be within a position near enough their own half to retreat safely with their back facing the goal.

That's perhaps an overly simplistic and crude way of describing it, but I think a big issue of our defense is that all 4 defenders seem to be too far forward at once, leaving a gulf of space for counter attacks to run in to. Both Souttar and Halkett love coming down and playing the ball. That's not inherently a bad thing... just one at a time please lads.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Zlamal

Claire Halkett Souttar Hickey*

Smith Irving

Walker   Naismith Avidjaj  

Boyce

Subs: JP, Garuccio*, Sibbick, Washington, Uche, Henderson, Moore

*If Hickey isn't fit promote Garuccio to first XI and White to the bench.

I still don't think we will go down. That'll change if we don't take all 3 from this game though.

Hamilton's role in life is relegating Hibs.  We're not Hibs.  They are even worse hit with injuries than we are.

We should be crushing them.

20 hours ago, weehammy said:

Brian Rice to his team:

’Whenever we get the ball in our half don’t even look up, just batter it up the park, preferably into the wide areas then chase after it as fast as you can. They’ll do their best to give you a chance to score.’

’Whenever we get a corner or free kick in their half, send it into their six yard box for a header from one of our big guys. Don’t worry about getting challenged by their keeper or central defenders - it won’t happen.’

’Whenever you get sight of their goal just shoot. Even if it’s right at their goalie he’ll let it in because he’s a bit scared of the ball. Also, don’t worry how far out you are. He almost let in a 45 yarder from Stevie ****ing May.’

This. Sadly.

23 minutes ago, farin said:

Shows you just how bad we are goalkeeping wise when we’re hoping Zlamal gets the gig between the sticks tomorrow.. 

Your hope will be delivered 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Take it you’ve heard it’s Zlamal from a source?

Unless he takes cold feet, gets injured or ill. But it’s Bobby atm 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Unless he takes cold feet, gets injured or ill. But it’s Bobby atm 

Thanks

Sorry if already posted but we have to make Tynecastle as hostile to Hamilton as we possibly can, the place SIMPLY HAS TO ROCK Tomorrow.

HardcoreJambo
7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Templeton will no doubt be one of the main players to shoot on sight.  So we mark him out the game that's one job done.

They a lad called Smith who we will need to keep an eye on. Good young player for them. Also the striker Miller seems to be capable of causing problems.

9 hours ago, Frankfurter said:

I suppose this is obligatory at this point:

"'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

😷

Great quote and very appropriate. You might however have given the proper attribution to it's author - the legend that is Bill Shankly.

13 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

They a lad called Smith who we will need to keep an eye on. Good young player for them. Also the striker Miller seems to be capable of causing problems.

Miller is injured and templeton came off at half time against the sheep due to an injury, although I’d expect he’ll play.