***Official Hearts v Hamilton match thread***

iantjambo

I don't really want to say it's a must win game because we could lose and still stay up.. 

But it's a must win game. 

If we don't beat Hamilton at home all hell will break loose.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Gizmo

• redjambo

• Marvin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

This.

Un****ingreal that these clowns were happy for Levein to preside over his mess for over a year and STILL wanted him to continue.

🤣🤣🤣

Exactly. There is only one man culpable for this desperate situation that we are in, and that is Levein.

Need to try and play a settled side for a few games to get some understanding and  rhythm. SInce taking over, on average, Stendel's made nearly four changes per side in league games. Some of that has been forced on him with injury and suspension, but the only time he has come close to fielding the same side was up in Perth after the Rangers game, when 10 retained their jerseys. We were in that game until Sibbick went off and Meshino hasn't featured since.

Pereira, Clare, Halkett, Souttar, Hickey, Smith, Sibbick, Irving, Walker,  Naismith, Boyce

1 hour ago, heartandsoul said:

Exactly. There is only one man culpable for this desperate situation that we are in, and that is Levein.

And he wouldn't budge ie. because of budge !      🆘👈

Ernie Eskilsson
19 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Need to try and play a settled side for a few games to get some understanding and  rhythm. SInce taking over, on average, Stendel's made nearly four changes per side in league games. Some of that has been forced on him with injury and suspension, but the only time he has come close to fielding the same side was up in Perth after the Rangers game, when 10 retained their jerseys. We were in that game until Sibbick went off and Meshino hasn't featured since.

Pereira, Clare, Halkett, Souttar, Hickey, Smith, Sibbick, Irving, Walker,  Naismith, Boyce

Apart from the keeper I’d be happy with that team...

I just hope we score early , I’m going to be a bag o nerves and the way we are losing goals we will have to be us 4-0 before I can enjoy a ht pie. 

Nelly Terraces

Hate to be the harbinger of doom - but there's another bloody storm on its way & the weather on Saturday looks brutal & as bad as it was v Falkirk. Very heavy rain & 45 mph wind speed. Nasty!

HillmanHearts
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Brian Rice to his team:

’Whenever we get the ball in our half don’t even look up, just batter it up the park, preferably into the wide areas then chase after it as fast as you can. They’ll do their best to give you a chance to score.’

’Whenever we get a corner or free kick in their half, send it into their six yard box for a header from one of our big guys. Don’t worry about getting challenged by their keeper or central defenders - it won’t happen.’

’Whenever you get sight of their goal just shoot. Even if it’s right at their goalie he’ll let it in because he’s a bit scared of the ball. Also, don’t worry how far out you are. He almost let in a 45 yarder from Stevie ****ing May.’

Sadly accurate.

The three simple ways to score v Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Barack said:

I don't want Naismith further than 10 yards from Boyce at any given time. 

Poor Boycey, goes for a shit in his own house and Naismith is peaking in behind the door. 

I agree tho, Naismith has been far too deep recently. 

Needs to be further forward. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hate to be the harbinger of doom - but there's another bloody storm on its way & the weather on Saturday looks brutal & as bad as it was v Falkirk. Very heavy rain & 45 mph wind speed. Nasty!

Ah that's nothing, I remember George Cowie hit a 40 yarder at the old Murton Park new year's eve around 83 and flew into the top corner, wet and windy as nails before we called them Storm Dennis or whatever 

The best team on the day should win 

Absolutely no idea what the score will be. Could be 4-0, 0-1, 3-3, total lottery this one. Hearts just need to get the job done, whatever it takes.

5 hours ago, Gabriel said:

If we can field that side, we win, regardless of the conditions.  But will we be able to field that side?  

Hamilton seem to be even worse hit with injuries than us and it should be straightforward even if we have a couple or more unavailable.

But they have a goalkeeper.

7 hours ago, One five said:

I just hope we score early , I’m going to be a bag o nerves and the way we are losing goals we will have to be us 4-0 before I can enjoy a ht pie. 

A hamburger roll and a pie for this one, nerves wll be shot , might even shout at this game.😏

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If we can field that side, we win, regardless of the conditions.  But will we be able to field that side?  

Hamilton seem to be even worse hit with injuries than us and it should be straightforward even if we have a couple or more unavailable.

But they have a goalkeeper.

I looked at all the league sides Stendel has fielded and, with the exception of Walker, the other ten appear to be the most consistently selected, so I imagine it is close to what he regards as his strongest eleven. Whether it would be prudent to play 2-3 players who are returning from injury is open to question. I think many would recognise that that eleven would be a good footballing team, but whether they are physically and psychologically strong enough for a bottom six scrap is also open to question. So many questions and that's before addressing the goalkeeping situation...

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A student at Heriot Watt has the Corona Virus, any chance they can be locked in a room with El Gateaux?

Sounds increasingly like it's only a matter of time until the virus gets out of control here. Putting aside the resulting deaths and economic damage, let's ask the important question: what would happen to the league if many weeks of fixtures need to be abandoned due to quarantine measures? Relegation cancelled?

34 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

Sounds increasingly like it's only a matter of time until the virus gets out of control here. Putting aside the resulting deaths and economic damage, let's ask the important question: what would happen to the league if many weeks of fixtures need to be abandoned due to quarantine measures? Relegation cancelled?

Not sure Dundee Utd would be too keen on that. Re the Corona Virus, yip, it's going to spread here. Edinburgh has so many Chinese students it feels inevitable.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Frankfurter said:

End the league as it stands😭

11 hours ago, weehammy said:

Brian Rice to his team:

’Whenever we get the ball in our half don’t even look up, just batter it up the park, preferably into the wide areas then chase after it as fast as you can. They’ll do their best to give you a chance to score.’

’Whenever we get a corner or free kick in their half, send it into their six yard box for a header from one of our big guys. Don’t worry about getting challenged by their keeper or central defenders - it won’t happen.’

’Whenever you get sight of their goal just shoot. Even if it’s right at their goalie he’ll let it in because he’s a bit scared of the ball. Also, don’t worry how far out you are. He almost let in a 45 yarder from Stevie ****ing May.’

Interesting point about Pereira almost letting in a 45 yarder.  We want him dropped and replaced by a keeper who actually let in a 45 yarder last season...

Genuinely really excited for this one. Might not be come 4.45, but I'm keeping positive.

Heart of Midlothian 4-1 Hamilton Academical

Boyce 24                               Some complete diddy 69

Naismith 36

Walker 54

Uche 83

Got to win this one, lose and the inevitable feel of relegation will take over. To be fair if we can't beat Hamilton at home in 2 attempts then we deserve to be relegated. 

Just change the keeper to give us half a chance. That gormless fool in goals will just make everyone inside the stadium nervous. The players reaction to the first goal on Wednesday said it all for me. 

Nelly Terraces
9 hours ago, Still Tynie said:

Ah that's nothing, I remember George Cowie hit a 40 yarder at the old Murton Park new year's eve around 83 and flew into the top corner, wet and windy as nails before we called them Storm Dennis or whatever 

The best team on the day should win 

Haha, giving your age away there mate but I can't talk cos I was there as well! Absolute screamer! If I remember right 

We'd been 1 down & wee Parky scored a cracker from.the edge of box but George totally eclipsed that with his wonder goal:biggrin2:! Would take a bit of that tomorrow!

And totally agree - naming storms,  whatever. And same for both sides, just get torn into this tinpot outfit Hearts!

34 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Interesting point about Pereira almost letting in a 45 yarder.  We want him dropped and replaced by a keeper who actually let in a 45 yarder last season...

Whoever plays, at least he'll have the wind as an excuse.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A student at Heriot Watt has the Corona Virus, any chance they can be locked in a room with El Gateaux?

He wouldn't catch it anyway. 

15 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Why would anyone think we will win this weekend ?

Our manager is hardly proving to be the superstar many on here told us to expect and none of this he's just in nonsense.....

He has failed to sign a new goalkeeper and there is NO excuse for that

He has failed to replace one of the worst goalkeepers we have had in recent history with others within the club and Zlamal must be shaking his head thinking what he is doing sitting on the bench ..even the youth goalies will be thinking that.

He has failed to change tactically when all the evidence tells him he needs to do so

He brings in and takes out players with no plan it seems

He has already signed duds it seems

He has been given resources to change and failed to use them all

He even hated the fact the players fought back from 3-0 down and almost snatched a point because it wasn't his way of playing

So time to get the finger out Daniel, adapt or die and you seem to be on a long walk to dying.

He has been given far too easy a ride by the fans who seem scared to even discuss his poor performance so far.

Can we change him at this stage ?..prob not and should we change him ?..prob not as even I like to give people time but he cannot continue this way or we are going down.

Lose the next 2 matches and normally it would be time to go (not that he will)...win the next 2 and he'll be right to say we are on our way but I still have doubts

This situation is testing my faith in the manager to breaking point and if he takes us down he has to go lets be clear on that

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Frankfurter said:

Seriously? Makes this match even more of a must win.

Dunno, but in a big outbreak scene liked you described, relegation of Hearts will Likley be low on the list of concerns as everyone you know starts dieing, or you'll be dead yourself  so if it comes to ending league football or postponing months of fixtures due to the severity of a viral outbreak, I wouldn't give football too much thought. 😉

14 hours ago, HardcoreJambo said:

Any news on Hickey? Also is Clare going to be fit. Apparently he's suffering from a cold and that's why he was subbed last night.

A cold ? Ffs toughen up

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

You could of missed out the end word 👍

The strip particularly annoys me tbh. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno, but in a big outbreak scene liked you described, relegation of Hearts will Likley be low on the list of concerns as everyone you know starts dieing, or you'll be dead yourself  so if it comes to ending league football or postponing months of fixtures due to the severity of a viral outbreak, I wouldn't give football too much thought. 😉

I suppose this is obligatory at this point:

"'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

😷

13 hours ago, weehammy said:

Brian Rice to his team:

Harsh but fair. I’ve said elsewhere I fully expect them to score. We just have to score more and we will

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

I suppose this is obligatory at this point:

"'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

😷

When we're fighting over the the last tin of aldi sugar free beans with screwdrivers we can discuss it further. 

letsalldothebeattie

Team of

Stone

Clare Halkett Souttar Garuccio*

Irving Smith

Walker Naismith Meshino

Boyce

*Unless Hickey is back

lets just bloody go for it from the off. 3-0 Hearts off the bottom of the table and head to Paisley with a smidge of momentum 

Edited by letsalldothebeattie

Naisy  Boyce

Walker

Boz  Irving Smith

Ben Soapy Halkett Clare

The Easter Bunny (signed on a free for his impeccable agility from picking up eggs).

Horatio Caine
6 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Team of

Stone

Irving Smith

Walker Naismith Meshino

Boyce

*Unless Hickey is back

lets just bloody go for it from the off. 3-0 Hearts off the bottom of the table and head to Paisley with a smidge of momentum 

Looks alright to me - no idea about how good Stone is, but surely has to be better than Goaldown.

I thought Meshino had fallen out of favour? I would certainly give him a shot in this one.  We need people to run at defenders and force them into errors - always a good tactic.  Oh wait...

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Frankfurter said:

Who knows, I doubt they have anything in place to deal with this.

48 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Team of

Stone

Irving Smith

Walker Naismith Meshino

Boyce

*Unless Hickey is back

Take it White is out then?

letsalldothebeattie
47 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Looks alright to me - no idea about how good Stone is, but surely has to be better than Goaldown.

I thought Meshino had fallen out of favour? I would certainly give him a shot in this one.  We need people to run at defenders and force them into errors - always a good tactic.  Oh wait...

I haven’t seen much of the laddie Stone but we’ve 3 Keepers on the books who have all failed to deliver for us so why not give the kid a chance. Big game for us big risk but we won’t know how good or ready he is if we don’t give him the chance. 
As for Meshino I think he’s the best of what we have for options to play out wide from what’s left available to what I’ve picked. Henderson, Moore & McDonald haven’t set the heather on fire when in the side & this could be the game for Meshino to finally get back on track. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Take it White is out then?

Not a clue if White is out I just simply don’t rate him. Hardly finished a 90 mins since being at the club and hasn’t exactly shone when playing I’d rather see Ben get the chance if Hickey still out