***Official Hearts v Hamilton match thread***

iantjambo

This game is massive. Hamilton will fight tooth and nail but are in worse form than us. Three points is imperative, nothing else will cut the mustard.

Zlamal

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

Garuccio

Smith 

Sibbick (Irving if not fit)

Walker

Naismith

Avdijaj (Washington if not fit)

Boyce

Would be my team.

Edited by iantjambo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Gizmo

• redjambo

• Marvin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

This game is massive. Hamilton will fight tooth and nail but are in worse form than us. Three points is imperative, nothing else will cut the mustard.

Exactly...its win or bust.

Yes this run of fixtures starting Saturday will decide our fate.  My biggest fear this week was not losing badly to Celtic, it was losing ground to the two teams directly above us.  Now we know a win on Saturday will lift us off the bottom.    That's all the motivation the team should need.  MON.  

35 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Zlamal

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

Garuccio

Smith 

Walker

Naismith

Boyce

Would be my team.

Completely agree with this team, and Hickey for Garuccio if he’s fit. 

A thoroughly depressing situation where a match against Hamilton at Tynecastle is a six pointer in a relegation battle with them. Quite remarkably actually. I was a Levein supporter until quite late on in his tenure and although all ills shouldn't be blamed on him, he is largely responsible for where we are. We just need to limp to the end of the season and then rebuild.

This will be a brutal game with a red card or two. I think we'll scrape a victory but if we lost or drew it would not surprise me at all.

Take the keeper out or it will be another defeat/draw. Must win game or we are going down I'm afraid. If we play Pereira we deserve to be relegated. 

Zlamal 

Clare Souttar Halkett Garuccio

Sibbick 

Smith          Bozanic   

Walker                           Naismith 

Boyce 

Subs: Pereira, Dikamona, Irving, Avdijaj, McDonald, Washington, Uche

2-0 Hearts. 

8 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Completely agree with this team, and Hickey for Garuccio if he’s fit. 

Think Hickey might be back for this one. Hopefully anyway,  need all our best players playing. 

He has to play our most experienced team, no more messing around with youngsters bring them on as impact subs later in the game and let them run at a tiring defence. The biggest strongest 11 he can play.

Zlamal must play in goals while he's likely to make a mistake he may also just make that one crucial save that gets us 3 points and that's all that matters.

Might be one for Uche with boyce and Naismith playing off him. Smith central midfield and build round that. 

No time to muck about with formations....4-4-2 with players playing in their natural positions please. That's Clare in midfield and Smith behind him at right back. We've enough in midfield to not need Smith in there and playing where he's at his consistent best. If we go with a similar formation as we have against the likes of Killie at St J then Hamilton will get goals. Templeton will have the run of the left hand side if Clare is exposed again. A solid, experienced right back is what's needed to help stop Templeton and whoever else getting shots in on goal. Zlamal better be in as well. No time for tinkering, get the job done and move on to St Mirren which will be very hard with their formation these days.

39 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yes this run of fixtures starting Saturday will decide our fate.  My biggest fear this week was not losing badly to Celtic, it was losing ground to the two teams directly above us.  Now we know a win on Saturday will lift us off the bottom.    That's all the motivation the team should need.  MON.  

Other teams in the bottom 6 have begun to pick up points it's vital we do so on Saturday. Think St Mirren will get something at Motherwell too.

I don't care who plays, how we play, what the formation is, or what anyone's opinion is. The only thing that matters in this game is WINNING.

Tone the press down a bit.It is possible to play a pressing game without being totally exposed at the back.Have the defensive line sit deeper and soak up the long balls and all that should happen is we keep getting possession back.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Zlamal

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

Garuccio

Smith 

Walker

Naismith

Boyce

Would be my team.

That would be my team aswell but sadly 2 or 3 if them probably won't be fit to play

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Zlamal

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

Garuccio

Smith 

Walker

Naismith

Boyce

Would be my team.

I’d swap white for Garuccio. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Bobby 

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey 

Smith Sibbick 

Walker Naismith Washington 

Boyce 

Hearts 4 - Hamilton 0

With Bobby in goals I'd give Hamilton 1 he'll never concentrate long enough to keep a clean sheet ! The other joker and Hamilton get a 2 goal start.

larbert_jambo

Need to get Tynecastle really going for this one! 

Start well and the fans will get behind the players. Could be a nervy afternoon for us if we show signs of weakness from the start. 

Massive week of football coming up for us

16 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Other teams in the bottom 6 have begun to pick up points it's vital we do so on Saturday. Think St Mirren will get something at Motherwell too.

Thankfully Motherwell have a euro spot to play for. Think you’re wrong and they’ll beat st mirren. 

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Bobby 

Smith Sibbick 

Boyce 

Hearts 4 - Hamilton 0

This has to be the team, Irving got sibbick if he’s not fit. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Thankfully Motherwell have a euro spot to play for. Think you’re wrong and they’ll beat st mirren. 

Hope I'm wrong but Motherwell have been poor since new year. Well play St Mirren , Hamilton and Ross County in yhe next month I hope their form takes an upturn. So long as we win though...

Pereira!!! no where to be seen, please, is my only preference, if that's the case, then we'll win.

C'mon Daniel change the keeper!

3 points are what's needed here,  anything less, then you may as well forget it.

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Bobby 

Smith Sibbick 

Boyce 

Hearts 4 - Hamilton 0

Ideal team however aren't Smith, Sibbick and Hickey all injured/ill?

8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hope I'm wrong but Motherwell have been poor since new year. Well play St Mirren , Hamilton and Ross County in yhe next month I hope their form takes an upturn. So long as we win though...

They’ll pick up again imo. They’ve got better players than st mirren, Hamilton and Ross county and all their form is rank rotten.

like you say it’s down to us but lose on Saturday and any lingering confidence the players have left is gone and we’re in danger of freefall. It’s not season over if we lose but a win would be such a big lift. Just wish we had a full week to prepare for it.

Edited by GinRummy

We need to go out and get a grip on this game early doors. Hamilton will be out to kick, foul, and hoof their way to a win, so we need to play on without that riling us.  Hamilton are capable of scoring goals, so we need to not hand them any on a plate.

Get an early goal, and it will put a lot more pressure on them.   We can win this, and we can win by more than a scrappy goal, we just need to stop the mistakes! 

Hearts 2-0.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Zlamal 

Clare Souttar Halkett Garuccio

Sibbick 

Smith          Bozanic   

Walker                           Naismith 

Boyce 

Subs: Pereira, Dikamona, Irving, Avdijaj, McDonald, Washington, Uche

2-0 Hearts. 

See when you see that midfield it’s little wonder we are bottom of the league. Horrific. 

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

See when you see that midfield it’s little wonder we are bottom of the league. Horrific. 

Aye, there's not much to choose from. I'd certainly drop Irving for Bozanic. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Style counts for very little here. 

Has to be Joe Royles dogs of war, there can be no vanity, there can be no quarter asked or given.

And next Friday. 

This is what sorts men from boys, this is what survival is about.

Fully expect us to come through with flying colours, and hand out a scudding in the process, whilst pissing off the usual suspects drowning in their own negative piss

Edited by Sir Gio

18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I think it will be 2-2

Hope not, will be in the gorgie road end again and will have a comfort hamburger roll prior 

to KO.

1-0 Hearts.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Hope not, will be in the gorgie road end again and will have a comfort hamburger roll prior 

to KO.

1-0 Hearts.

No chance will we get a clean sheet 

Walter Bishop

Potentially the biggest game since Administration. Win or bust! 

No excuses here, the team have to win this. Hopefully we get a big crowd and are right behind the team from 1st minute. 

Zamal

Soutter 

Smith 

Halkett

Clare

Irving

Naismith

Sibbock 

Walker/White  

Boyce 

Uche 

Wonder who the ref is - one who will give Accies loads of leeway to kick us off the park no doubt!

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wonder who the ref is - one who will give Accies loads of leeway to kick us off the park no doubt!

Kevin Clancey