Labour leader contest

jake

Montgomery Brewster

If the Labour Party in Scotland were clever they would ditch their London masters, declare that they back Independence and within 10 years would have a larger backing (once independence is gained and the snp splinters as it will do having done its job)

sadly old fools like Gordon Brown hanker for halcyon days (in his head) and cling onto a Britishness that’s long gone. 

Ainsley Harriott
38 minutes ago, Cade said:

Sir Keir Starmer is the only sane choice.

100% with murray as deputy leader. They will no doubt opt for another left wing odd ball though.

Keir Starmer is the only sane choice. Unfortunately shouting across the table at Boris for the next 5 years means people will get rather bored of the pair pretty quickly.

Plus, Labour's looney fringe also still exists to mess everything up. 

Captain Sausage

I’m certain the electorate is desperate for a central party where common sense can prevail. 

Starmer is the logical choice. 

So no doubt it’ll be Long-Bailey

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Lisa Nandy is actually okay but doesn’t have the clout for the job.

They’re screwed whatever they do though. The whole Corbyn/Momentum disease has killed the party

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Hopefully Sir Keir of Oxford University can save the UK from rich right wing elitists.

That will be the same Keir Starmer whose mum was a nurse and dad was a toolmaker ?

The same Keir Starmer who had to pass his 11-plus examination to get into Reigate Grammar School ?

The same Keir Starmer who studied law at the University of Leeds and then went to Oxford after graduating to do post grad studies ?

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I’m certain the electorate is desperate for a central party where common sense can prevail. 

If it’s Wrong Daily, the Tories will get an even bigger majority next time. More defections will follow.

It absolutely must be Starmer. If not then Labour are finished and we’ll have Tory Governments for evermore, with no-one effective to challenge them and hold them to account. Corbyn should have effed off straight after the election and an interim put in charge. But no, he’s hung around like a bad smell, hoping to secure a successor in his own image.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

That will be the same Keir Starmer whose mum was a nurse and dad was a toolmaker ?

The same Keir Starmer who had to pass his 11-plus examination to get into Reigate Grammar School ?

The same Keir Starmer who studied law at the University of Leeds and then went to Oxford after graduating to do post grad studies ?

Exactly and well said. It's this sort of social mobility that we desperately need to reintroduce to the lives of as many people as possible. 

The crying shame about Britain today is that it's not as good a place as it used to be. I'm not a Labour supporter as such, but if we want to return to the halcyon days of the 50s and 60s, when working class people went to university for the first time and the welfare state genuinely did look after people, we need to turn away from extremism and back people like this guy. 

12 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

If the Labour Party in Scotland were clever they would ditch their London masters, declare that they back Independence and within 10 years would have a larger backing (once independence is gained and the snp splinters as it will do having done its job)

sadly old fools like Gordon Brown hanker for halcyon days (in his head) and cling onto a Britishness that’s long gone. 

We'd be the hard left Scottish North Korea with faces pressed against the border looking enviously at the affluent UK South Korea in you're depiction.

7 hours ago, JustinT said:

We'd be the hard left Scottish North Korea with faces pressed against the border looking enviously at the affluent UK South Korea in you're depiction.

:rofl:Onionists ARE funny! But they must spend a fortune on vaseline.

Edited by ri Alban

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, JustinT said:

Absolutely not and this is why people should educate themselves and stop reading the daily mail.

we have pr in Scotland and more likely to build consensus politics. 

I am no labour btw

Diadora Van Basten

When they elected Corbyn I was quite impressed with Liz 4% Kendall. 

I would like it to be a woman this time round I think Keir Starmer was responsible for the defeat as much as Corbyn as it was the dogs dinner they made of brexit that cost them and that was largely down to Keir Starmer and Tom Watson deciding Labour shouldn’t accept the referendum result.

At the previous election when Corbyn stood on accepting the referendum result they did far better.

Tories will get an ever bigger majority than the most recent election. Labour need to get all these seriously far left clowns out of their inner circle. 
That Long-Bailey is another Corbyn, a silly communist who’s ideology simply does not work. 
They need a centrist leader and party core badly. Imagine if Corbyn was PM and the likes of Dianne Abbot were appointed Home Secretary 😂😂 Terrorists would be getting knighthoods instead of being charged and jailed 

19 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

When they elected Corbyn I was quite impressed with Liz 4% Kendall. 

I would like it to be a woman this time round I think Keir Starmer was responsible for the defeat as much as Corbyn as it was the dogs dinner they made of brexit that cost them and that was largely down to Keir Starmer and Tom Watson deciding Labour shouldn’t accept the referendum result.

At the previous election when Corbyn stood on accepting the referendum result they did far better.

Labour dont do women leaders. Trade Unions wont allow it.

Diadora Van Basten
36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Labour dont do women leaders. Trade Unions wont allow it.

I would imagine Rebecca Long Bailey would be the preferred choice of the unions.

On 15/02/2020 at 01:40, Famous 1874 said:

Tories will get an ever bigger majority than the most recent election. Labour need to get all these seriously far left clowns out of their inner circle. 
That Long-Bailey is another Corbyn, a silly communist who’s ideology simply does not work. 
They need a centrist leader and party core badly. Imagine if Corbyn was PM and the likes of Dianne Abbot were appointed Home Secretary 😂😂 Terrorists would be getting knighthoods instead of being charged and jailed 

This, times 100 for me.

It's a great shame that Caroline Flint lost her seat, if she ran for the leadership I think shed win comfortably, an MP I had great respect for and a loss to parliament and the Labour party.

In the Labour postmortem after the election, Neil Kinnock's son impressed me. Spoke sense about how the main opposition party in Westminster should move forward and become a credible alternative to the Tories. 

I'm 100% SNP, btw, so just an observation. 

Lisa Nandy is pretty but, apart from that, the potential candidates are abysmal and will condemn the UK, and until such time, Scotland, to years of Tory rule. 

Edited by martoon

maroonlegions
On 13/02/2020 at 16:48, Captain Sausage said:

Dont worry the UK is in good hands with the right wing Eton elite that dont give a **** about us peasants.  After all they are masters of lies, manipulation and two faced policies.

The electorate you speak of are mainly easily seduced.   

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and shoes

Edited by maroonlegions