• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• davemclaren

• deejtee

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They also beat, a near enough full strength Everton side, in front of a full Anfield!

My dad's walking team could have beaten that Everton side 

And probably this hearts fide tbh

Edited by Heriot_jambo

8 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

My dad's walking team could have beaten that Everton side 

And probably this hearts fide tbh

Must be some team ...

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Stendel unfortunately has really disappointed me. 

We can talk tactics etc but a manager is only as good as the players. The January window looks to have been a disaster. We needed big signings to make an impact and fix CH and GK. 

Would appear we’ve signed absolute empty jerseys apart from Boyce. Stendel has done what we call in the trade an absolute “Levein”. 

It’s a January transfer window which is hard to deal in.

We had a bloated, poor squad and hardly were likely to fix this is in one month.

We offloaded some players that no one was sad to lose and brought in Boyce and a few guys on short term deals.

I would be shocked if he hadn’t tried to get more deals to improve the squad done but let’s just see how the next few weeks pan out. 

Pretty harsh to say he’s had a Levein. Hard job to convince players of quality to join a team bottom of the league.

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They also beat, a near enough full strength Everton side, in front of a full Anfield!

True but Klopp also put some older experienced players in that side.

Edited by Redhelen

I still think he is unfit and lacking match practice. Not really desirable at the moment but hopefully he picks up from here 

Broonie is an utter contemptful wee welt and anyone aiming a kick at him gets my vote but getting sent off in 86 mins when the game is already lost is sheer stupidity

Hardly what we need at this stage and with the importance of the games coming up that we have 🙁

A bad tackle that Broon got up and walked away from unscathed is a waste of a red card .

At least make it worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

True but Klopp also put some older experienced players in that side.

What is your point?

6 hours ago, Mort said:

It’s a January transfer window which is hard to deal in.

We had a bloated, poor squad and hardly were likely to fix this is in one month.

We offloaded some players that no one was sad to lose and brought in Boyce and a few guys on short term deals.

I would be shocked if he hadn’t tried to get more deals to improve the squad done but let’s just see how the next few weeks pan out. 

Pretty harsh to say he’s had a Levein. Hard job to convince players of quality to join a team bottom of the league.

Have we signed a centre back to replace Berra?

Have we signed a centre mid who is an upgrade on Whelan?

Have we signed a winger to replace Mulraney?

Why haven’t we signed any keeper on the planet, that isn’t Joel Pereira?

Reality is that only Boyce looks to have improved the squad and he’s almost certainly been signed by MacPhee and /or Levein.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Utter waste of a jersey, if he put Browny in hospital it would have been justified, but now missing from games where a win is more realistic. That said I don't think he would contribute much anyway. 

8 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Classic Kickback. Write the boy off after a couple of games. This place is tragic.

Bar the odd exception, it only takes a short time to reveal yourself as a player - or not, as the case may be.

Some players can be called out in no time. I fear this is the case with Langer.

Gordon Ramsay

Anyone who seen us at Falkirk could see this guy was rubbish. Far too slow and completely off the pace. 

Suddenly our January window looks a bit shit. We should have signed a centre half and a keeper. Instead we have some boy who thinks hes world class but in the times he has been seen has looked woeful and Bernhard Langer. 

Boyce and Sibbick arent going to save us. A decent goalkeeper might have though. Souttar and Halkett can't be trusted either like ****ing Laurel and Hardy these two. 

Stendal shipped out our midfield and signed this joker. 
He looks like a poor mans Perry Kitchen and as for the red card, which keeps him out of the two most important games of our season.  
He’s been such a bad signing by such a bad manager 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't knock his red card. 5 0 down Brown getting away with it as per normal well worth the shot considering we won't miss him

The Treasurer

Correct

Clubs like Man U, Liverpool etc loan their good prospects out to Championship clubs, the dross they just want off the books get sent to Scotland

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

See these big clubs, like Man Utd, Liverpool, Schalke, Man City. Turns out their reserve players are actually shite/average as ****. At least the ones we end up with.

Why have you put schalke in with that lot? :lol: nowhere near the same level. Do you think top clubs are going to send their best prospects to hearts? We get the ones being prepped for release and always will. 

10 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Stendel unfortunately has really disappointed me. 

We can talk tactics etc but a manager is only as good as the players. The January window looks to have been a disaster. We needed big signings to make an impact and fix CH and GK. 

Would appear we’ve signed absolute empty jerseys apart from Boyce. Stendel has done what we call in the trade an absolute “Levein”. 

We have to spend real money on players now, we are not getting quality in, not rocket science.

Few Celtic fans in work today giving him heavy pelters. Asked if he was overweight or just really unfit? 

It's a weird signing as the guy has only played in German regional leagues - that's maybe why he looked like he found his level v Falkirk. But a severe lack of options in midfield means he gets game time and will likely result in our relegation. We have no quality whatsoever in midfield.

Anyway, he needs to improve drastically. And Immediately. No room for passengers in this team.

Was not a fan of Olly Lee but I think his return from loan would have helped us more than signing Langer.

Stendel shipped out most of the right players in January though I think Berra would have helped us more than the hapless Halkett.  But Boyce apart and one good game from Sibbick his signings have not been what we needed.

1 minute ago, Coco said:

Was not a fan of Olly Lee but I think his return from loan would have helped us more than signing Langer.

Stendel shipped out most of the right players in January though I think Berra would have helped us more than the hapless Halkett.  But Boyce apart and one good game from Sibbick his signings have not been what we needed.

Halkett is a strange one, given his chance at a bigger club, but is he taking it  ?.

14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Why have you put schalke in with that lot? :lol: nowhere near the same level. Do you think top clubs are going to send their best prospects to hearts? We get the ones being prepped for release and always will. 

Schalke are a massive club historically though 😀

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What is your point?

Have we signed a centre back to replace Berra?

Have we signed a centre mid who is an upgrade on Whelan?

Have we signed a winger to replace Mulraney?

Why haven’t we signed any keeper on the planet, that isn’t Joel Pereira?

Reality is that only Boyce looks to have improved the squad and he’s almost certainly been signed by MacPhee and /or Levein.

You think Berra, Whelan and Mulraney improve this team? We have been playing much better without them but sadly not picking up as many points as we would like.

Sibbick is an upgrade on Whelan in my eyes.

We did sign a winger in Donis, so yes and Mulraney is a man down anyway.

Boyce played and scored against Stendels Barnsley so I very much doubt he didn’t sign him. 

I honestly think we would have signed a keeper if we had managed to offload one of the three we have.

The point is that this squad that CL assembled needed massive surgery and that won’t happen in one small window, some perspective needed.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

You think Berra, Whelan and Mulraney improve this team? We have been playing much better without them but sadly not picking up as many points as we would like.

Sibbick is an upgrade on Whelan in my eyes.

We did sign a winger in Donis, so yes and Mulraney is a man down anyway.

Boyce played and scored against Stendels Barnsley so I very much doubt he didn’t sign him. 

I honestly think we would have signed a keeper if we had managed to offload one of the three we have.

The point is that this squad that CL assembled needed massive surgery and that won’t happen in one small window, some perspective needed.

How many goals have we conceded to corners recently? 11 goals conceded in 3 Premiership games suggests that Berra is missed. Sibbick is a young versatile defender. Suggesting he’s a better centre mid than Glenn Whelan is a bit far fetched. Hearts have spent the last two years attempting to get Boyce, he’s team mates with Smith and Washington and works under MacPhee at Northern Ireland. Stendel had never signed a player before this window. Boyce was signed by the previous coaching team.

Said in another thread recently that Langer and Avdijaj were not signings we needed. Defensive midfield is covered by Bozanic, who notably improved along with Clare in Stendel's first few games, Irving can play there, Sibbick, Smith if needed and this is actually Damour's position. Why isn't he being coached the life out of to get him up to speed? There's no way he can be any worse than the likes of Langer. He's had Championship and Premier experience for a start, unlike Langer so I don't get this signing at all. He is also on a big wage having came from down south, and a long-term contract. As for Avdijaj...been at some big clubs so must have something. Starting to think he's just another soccer nomad who floats around making money all over Europe without making any major impact anywhere. He's about a month down now on a six month contract, this is worrying. He is another waste of a wage when you had Walker and Meshino (even the young lads) to work with. Why the goalie and central defender positions (especially after Berra left) were not a priority is unbelievable! We definitely sorted the forward position out with Boyce but another needs to be sourced. Washington, for all his work-rate isn't scoring, Uche is a handy menace to bring on when needed to take the pressure off his team-mates like he did against Rangers but doesn't score either.  Stendel now needs to realise that maybe he needs to adjust his own way of playing. I thought he was right to play three at the back against Falkirk but, it needs to be played by players comfortable in their own recognised positions, not Dikamona, a right sided defender playing on the left. It's all abig mess and will still take around 18 months to put the damage right that was left behind. 

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Rolls Boyce, Honda Sibbick and an auld Banger.

Not bad for you. :)

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's in bed with a virus. How specific are you wanting Stendel to be?

Temperature, blood pressure, red cell count, etc.

Still banging the Levein drum I see, Mr Elwood. :lol: 

How many goals have we conceded to corners recently? 11 goals conceded in 3 Premiership games suggests that Berra is missed. Sibbick is a young versatile defender. Suggesting he’s a better centre mid than Glenn Whelan is a bit far fetched. Hearts have spent the last two years attempting to get Boyce, he’s team mates with Smith and Washington and works under MacPhee at Northern Ireland. Stendel had never signed a player before this window. Boyce was signed by the previous coaching team.

You honestly believe Berra improves this side?

Whelan didn’t want to be here so of course Sibbick is more use to us. 

There’s no evidence that Boyce was signed by anyone other than Stendel to be honest, other than speculation and putting 2&2 together.

Lets see what happens Saturday before jumping on Stendel.

Jury is still out but can’t write him off already. Obviously guy isn’t match fit either, think Stendel wanted him in at the start of the winter break but Shalke stalled.

What I will say is I’m delighted we didn’t hand these guys three year deals! He may improve but if not he goes in the summer.

12 minutes ago, Mort said:

You honestly believe Berra improves this side?

Whelan didn’t want to be here so of course Sibbick is more use to us. 

There’s no evidence that Boyce was signed by anyone other than Stendel to be honest, other than speculation and putting 2&2 together.

Lets see what happens Saturday before jumping on Stendel.

11 goals conceded in 3 Premiership games suggests we do miss Berra. All subjective but my belief in that we miss his experience and his ability to defend balls in the air. Halkett is only 6ft and Souttar seems to be well off his game. You are correct though, Saturday is now massive!

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not bad for you. :)

Temperature, blood pressure, red cell count, etc.

Still banging the Levein drum I see, Mr Elwood. :lol: 

To be honest, Jack Ross looks like he’d have been a better option. Hibs looking up at 3rd, we’re looking up at Hamilton in 11th! Really hope we can get a couple of back to back win. If Hamilton score first on Saturday it’s going to be messy.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

This. 

Governor Tarkin

To be honest, Jack Ross looks like he’d have been a better option. Hibs looking up at 3rd, we’re looking up at Hamilton in 11th! Really hope we can get a couple of back to back win. If Hamilton score first on Saturday it’s going to be messy.

To maximise our chances of staying up Jack Ross does look like he might've been a better option.

With Levein still hiding behind the curtains I think that might've been a non-starter though. Is there not some history there?

If (and it's looking a bigger if as the weeks go by), Stendel does keep us up by the skin of our teeth, I think he's be a more exciting prospect than Ross in the longer term.

I know **** all about football though. 👍

Scoring first is essential. For me the story of Stendel so far has been really good play for 20 minutes here, 45 minutes there and then pitiful, really bad performances the rest of the time. You can see a bit potential the way he wants to play and I just can’t get my head around why we can’t do it for even 65-75 minutes a game. 

It makes every game so difficult to predict (other than Celtic) and I’ve no idea what to expect on Saturday. No result would surprise me. 

I am sure Stendel did not sign his first targets. I am sure he’s had to settle for the best players willing to come to the team at the bottom of the SPL. 

To be honest folks this is our darkest hour. We are probably 180 minutes from disaster. If we don’t take 6 points from the next two games I think we will go down. 

lettuce hands needs dropped. 

I just really hope Sibbick is back for Saturday. He's managed to impress in the short time he's had. Langer, so far, has not. 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Scoring first is essential. For me the story of Stendel so far has been really good play for 20 minutes here, 45 minutes there and then pitiful, really bad performances the rest of the time. You can see a bit potential the way he wants to play and I just can’t get my head around why we can’t do it for even 65-75 minutes a game. 

It makes every game so difficult to predict (other than Celtic) and I’ve no idea what to expect on Saturday. No result would surprise me. 

We’ve scored first once under Stendel, in the Premiership. Really need to come flying out the traps on Saturday. Whole stadium behind the team, couple of goals before HT.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve scored first once under Stendel, in the Premiership. Really need to come flying out the traps on Saturday. Whole stadium behind the team, couple of goals before HT.

Agreed. After recent games I’d have no confidence in salvaging anything if we go behind.