• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• davemclaren

• deejtee

• Romulus

Top Posters In This Topic

Stendel unfortunately has really disappointed me. 

We can talk tactics etc but a manager is only as good as the players. The January window looks to have been a disaster. We needed big signings to make an impact and fix CH and GK. 

Would appear we’ve signed absolute empty jerseys apart from Boyce. Stendel has done what we call in the trade an absolute “Levein”. 

Not sure if Stendel intended him getting so much game time so quickly or if Smith's injury and Sibbick's illness have forced that on him. 

Getting sent off with 5 minutes to go when we are 5-0 down and thin on the ground for midfielders for a crucial 6-pointer on Saturday is pretty inept.

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Not sure if Stendel intended him getting so much game time so quickly or if Smith's injury and Sibbick's illness have forced that on him. 

Getting sent off with 5 minutes to go when we are 5-0 down and thin on the ground for midfielders for a crucial 6-pointer on Saturday is pretty inept.

Tbh given he’s only signed up for the next dozen or so games if we didn’t ‘plan’ to include him already I’d question why the **** we even signed him.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

When you are in the situation we are now in then the January break is vital. You have to bring in players that can hit the ground running and improve the team. Other than Boyce that has just not happened. We can blame Levein for so much but not for January. It's really worrying now.

been here before
Just now, Mdoug79 said:

I switched it off at 4, what did he get sent off for? 

I dont know but Ill guess at wearing a maroon jersey in Glasgow.

Just now, Archie White said:

When you are in the situation we are now in then the January break is vital. You have to bring in players that can hit the ground running and improve the team. Other than Boyce that has just not happened. We can blame Levein for so much but not for January. It's really worrying now.

I still have hopes for Sibbick once he is back and fit. Looks busy in midfield. 

Also slagged for the shorts he wore....

I think the guys mince but some of the comments against him were completely unwarranted. 

3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh given he’s only signed up for the next dozen or so games if we didn’t ‘plan’ to include him already I’d question why the **** we even signed him.

My impression was he was brought in as cover with Sibbick and Smith ahead of him in the pecking order.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

I dont know but Ill guess at wearing a maroon jersey in Glasgow.

:thumb: It's good to get a laugh on a grim night.

3 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I switched it off at 4, what did he get sent off for? 

Doing what some on here were calling for him to do during the week.

Must read JKB in his spare time🙄

See these big clubs, like Man Utd, Liverpool, Schalke, Man City. Turns out their reserve players are actually shite/average as ****. At least the ones we end up with.

Shite. Next.

Endless piles of cash fae the fans so why no sign some more imposters.

****ing nick of it

Edited by Hot since 86

letsalldothebeattie

Has looked terrible in the couple games I’ve been at that he’s played. We have better than him already at the club. Give Cochrane the chance or Bozanic but Langer not good enough. 

cardboardcutout
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I still have hopes for Sibbick once he is back and fit. Looks busy in midfield. 

The position of big guy who can play defence and midfield if only he was fit was already filled! ☹️ We’ve had a “state of the art’ academy with fantastic facilities for years and yet nowt really to get excited about coming through! 

1 minute ago, cardboardcutout said:

The position of big guy who can play defence and midfield if only he was fit was already filled! ☹️ We’ve had a “state of the art’ academy with fantastic facilities for years and yet nowt really to get excited about coming through! 

We can only dream of Haring it seems. 😫

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We can talk tactics etc but a manager is only as good as the players. The January window looks to have been a disaster. We needed big signings to make an impact and fix CH and GK. 

Would appear we’ve signed absolute empty jerseys apart from Boyce. Stendel has done what we call in the trade an absolute “Levein”. 

Unfortunately, I think you may be correct.  Even Levein managed a good signing for every 5 or so pish ones.  Sibbibk could ge a good signing too but only got him in loan until the end of the season and injured already.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Unfortunately, I think you may be correct.  Even Levein managed a good signing for every 5 or so pish ones.  Sibbibk could ge a good signing too but only got him in loan until the end of the season and injured already.

Ill i believe. 

Some people on this are unreal, the January window is notoriously bad for finding players when you are doing ok, absolute zero chance of getting anything decent when you’re bottom of the league thanks to the worst manager in our history! Give Stendel half the money Levein pissed away and we’d be top 6 I have no doubt about it! The mess we are in is Levein and unfortunately Budges fault, Stendel will be the fall guy for their failings this doesn’t make him a bad manager. 

ps this result makes zero 18 games 1 point 6 goals in 10 years at parkhead 

5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Still early days, but could yet overtake Damour as the worst midfielder we’ve signed this season. 

But only 4 months opposed to 4 years. 

35 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Sibbick?

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ill i believe. 

Strange one as he stopped in his tracks at St J and held his chest and then subbed early in 2nd half and not seen since. No real news as to what ails him.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I really don't know why he is here to be honest.He is 23 and never played anything other than Hanover B and Schalke B teams.

That's the crux of it. 

Odd signing

1 minute ago, deejtee said:

Strange one as he stopped in his tracks at St J and held his chest and then subbed early in 2nd half and not seen since. No real news as to what ails him.

A bug apparently. 🤷🏼‍♂️

40 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

See these big clubs, like Man Utd, Liverpool, Schalke, Man City. Turns out their reserve players are actually shite/average as ****. At least the ones we end up with.

Liverpool reserves are on their way to winning the FA Cup ...

12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

All is forgiven.

would be if he'd emptied him properly. He needs to get some notes off Zico...if he wants to help he can practice on JP.

6 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Stendel has said he's sick, in a few different interviews now ...

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Stendel has said he's sick, in a few different interviews now ...

As I say, no real news as to what is wrong or how long he will be out. Most simple things don't keep a young fit person out for long.

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

They beat Shrewsbury. 

They also beat, a near enough full strength Everton side, in front of a full Anfield!

Just now, deejtee said:

As I say, no real news as to what is wrong or how long he will be out. Most simple things don't keep a young fit person out for long.

He's in bed with a virus. How specific are you wanting Stendel to be?

44 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Classic Kickback. Write the boy off after a couple of games. This place is tragic.

I think in different circumstances he would be given a bit more time. I think given the actual circumstances then he doesn't have time to bed in. This being the main problem with the January window, unless you pay decent money then finding players who are fit AND available is extremely difficult. Hens teeth are easier to find.

46 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Classic Kickback. Write the boy off after a couple of games. This place is tragic.

jambos kickback is on meltdown 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's in bed with a virus. How specific are you wanting Stendel to be?

As far as I remember he hasn't been in a squad since perth and most viral things are short lived.

7 minutes ago, deejtee said:

As far as I remember he hasn't been in a squad since perth and most viral things are short lived.

Dr deejtee. 😎

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Liverpool reserves are on their way to winning the FA Cup ...

You think they'll play them in the latter stages?

What happened to them in the League Cup btw?

Anyway, I'm talking about the ones we've had from these clubs who have rarely proved to be any better than what was already here. 

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

You think they'll play them in the latter stages?

What happened to them in the League Cup btw?

Anyway, I'm talking about the ones we've had from these clubs who have rarely proved to be any better than what was already here. 

League Cup is the wee cup, Liverpool ain't interested in that ...

Michael Stewart and Pereira from Man U ... Fergie was meant to have a soft spot for us!