Park Budge and Levein ... is it someone else?

MCW1976

17 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

If this was a business would you not blame the CEO? Chairperson? At least the board?

If we are now run by such a sterling, top of the pops business woman she needs to take the flak. Step forward, be accountable and take appropriate action.

Or..you know...at least have some sort of strategy everyone is aligned behind.

If you are looking at it solely as a business, she’s done a great job. Financial security, improved infrastructure and increased revenue. Long term, there is a fan’s buyout/ownership and been additional investment in the academy and women’s football, which could both add greater prosperity. The blip is the dissatisfaction of the “paying customers”, but this has been covered by the additional income streams (and a few benefactors admittedly) 

The problem comes when you ignore the “business” and look at it as a football club. She was too loyal for too long to a failing manager, but her main problem was that manager was also the man in charge of the football side of the club. She has admitted that she isn’t well versed in the running of a football club and “left a lot of that to Levien” (I’m paraphrasing). 

In short, I reckon she has made two major mistakes :-

1) Staying too loyal to Levien

2) Allowing him to be manager and the manager’s boss. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Hot since 86

• Beast Boy

• Mick Arthur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Slim Stylee
17 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

Interested your hear your thoughts to my replies to Dave.

There is a lot of things wrong with this club. Hopefully we can start to address them, otherwise we are ****ed.

You’re right there. One of the things that’s wrong is little angry people like you whose only answer is to just lash out at everything and anything. 

Just now, grumpy rebus said:

If you are looking at it solely as a business, she’s done a great job. Financial security, improved infrastructure and increased revenue. Long term, there is a fan’s buyout/ownership and been additional investment in the academy and women’s football, which could both add greater prosperity. The blip is the dissatisfaction of the “paying customers”, but this has been covered by the additional income streams (and a few benefactors admittedly) 

The problem comes when you ignore the “business” and look at it as a football club. She was too loyal for too long to a failing manager, but her main problem was that manager was also the man in charge of the football side of the club. She has admitted that she isn’t well versed in the running of a football club and “left a lot of that to Levien” (I’m paraphrasing). 

In short, I reckon she has made two major mistakes :-

1) Staying too loyal to Levien

2) Allowing him to be manager and the manager’s boss. 

That’s where the arguments about his appointment as manager rumble on.

Allowing or telling ?

There has been no definitive answer to this as far as I’m aware, just some daft press conference about the right guy being here all along ! Farcical with hindsight !

5 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

I asked three simple questions earlier and there has not been one sensible reply from anybody.

So . . . for the LAST TIME

Where did the £24 million come from which you claim has now been fully paid.

Possible £10 million max may have come from FOH.

Nothing came from the Club (skint and dependent on anonymous donation to stay afloat)

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Mrs Budge's brother-in-law main stadium contractor.

Lottery win.

Save The Children shirt sponsorship (haha)

Festival concert which wrecked the grass.

Judging by your financial acumen, can I ask a question? Have you ever emailed anyone in Lithuania? An insolvency accountant perhaps? 

learn to read accounts and do basic arithmetic, then come back to us. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You eat what you can when you can. There's no time for 5* eating. You would not believe what I have eaten over the years.

Nothing more exotic than Findus Pancakes, chips and beans I imagine.

17 hours ago, luckydug said:

How fickle are football fans  ?

Just a couple of weeks ago over 3000 Hearts fans travelled up to Perth convinced we were on the verge of a surge up the league table after the fine result against Rangers.

Since then we have had an away draw, a narrow defeat  at home and a hard fought away win in a tricky cup tie.

Tonight's result was entirely predictable given historic results at that dump.

The only issue I have with DS is the failure to recruit a competent goalkeeper in the transfer window.

That might not even be his fault as there might well be an arrangement with Man Utd to give JP game time.

But for this goalkeeper we would be safe in the league and if DS is able to find a competent free agent we will be fine .

Makes no sense for people to be getting their knickers in twist over tonight's result.

To be fair he might have came in, looked at the squad and seen we have an on loan keeper from Man United, who may have been training well and thought goalkeeper is covered.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:lol:

No bother, mate. Dressing room dissent, eh? Whoodathunkit? 

I very much doubt anyone who has ever served with UKSF would have it in their display name like that :lol:

We have been punching below our weight most of my life. I can think of three occasions when we didn't, the late 50's when we had an inspired manager and team, and the  80's when the same was true. In those days we had proper down to earth football men in charge. The third time was under Romanov when we had loads of money.

Recently we have had a master theorist who thought he had the problems of football sussed, and he was given the football club to experiment with, but it turns out he was wrong. I have to admit he had me  fooled too for quite a while.

I've said for a while that we should have been looking at Tommy Wright or somebody like him, i.e. somebody without pretensions but with a solid cv of getting results well above his budget. I don't blame Ann Budge for this, she is a business woman with little experience of football people and she bought in to Levein's ideas, just like a lot of us did.

I have hopes for Stendel (as long as he can see what a liability our goalie is) but we're going to have to dour the rest of this season out and hope for the best. I hope AB is thinking about the future if we do go down and Stendel wants to move on. Maybe Wright, Gary Holt or Robbie would be the men to turn to.

43 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

Judging by your financial acumen, can I ask a question? Have you ever emailed anyone in Lithuania? An insolvency accountant perhaps? 

learn to read accounts and do basic arithmetic, then come back to us. 

No, never, why ?

Have you ?

I don't need to read accounts to spot a big black hole . . I have accountants to do that for me.

Theme From Sparta F.C.
18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge appointed Levein as Captain and he crashed the good ship HMFC into the iceberg - Stendel replaced Levein as Captain and he is trying to sail the sinking ship to safety with a big feckin hole in it!!

That's the quote of the season for me.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

19 hours ago, lost in space said:

Hindsight is great isn't it?

How was she supposed to know that experienced pros like Damour and Whelan were going to be awful?

So much easier to blame.

Did you complain when we signed them???

So you think Budge has no culpability in all of this? That seems to be your line

51 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

No, never, why ?

Have you ?

I don't need to read accounts to spot a big black hole . . I have accountants to do that for me.

If your accountants are advising you on this then you need to seek additional help. 

2 minutes ago, GYL said:

I was thinking Anne.....Anne Park must be her fault 🙃

Might be old "car" not enough room these days obviously!

1 hour ago, Mick Arthur said:

No, never, why ?

Have you ?

I don’t need to be an accountant to spot certain things either Mick. How many accountants do you have at your disposal by the way. You sound like kind of a big cheese.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Mick Arthur said:

No, never, why ?

Have you ?

:cornette:

So despite cost breakdowns being supplied from fully audited accounts, you've spotted "big black holes" in accounts you've never read. :rofl:

Leaving aside that you are now inferring that crimes have taken place at director level for both HMFC and FoH as well.

You're special. :cornette:

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Someone like Levein you mean? 

A former international manager, experienced and knows the Scottish game? 

No. It was blatantly obvious for a long time he wasn’t up to scratch in either (lol) of his positions.

A big part of why we are here.

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I very much doubt anyone who has ever served with UKSF would have it in their display name like that :lol:

Especially with a lower case “a” in the middle... suggests something different altogether. 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Especially with a lower case “a” in the middle... suggests something different altogether. 

Shearer and Sutton. 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

I asked three simple questions earlier and there has not been one sensible reply from anybody.

So . . . for the LAST TIME

Where did the £24 million come from which you claim has now been fully paid.

Possible £10 million max may have come from FOH.

Nothing came from the Club (skint and dependent on anonymous donation to stay afloat)

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Mrs Budge's brother-in-law main stadium contractor.

Lottery win.

Save The Children shirt sponsorship (haha)

Festival concert which wrecked the grass.

How's the Ponzi scheme going for your lot mick?

2 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

That's the quote of the season for me.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

Cheers

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t need to be an accountant to spot certain things either Mick. How many accountants do you have at your disposal by the way. You sound like kind of a big cheese.

Yeh the really smelly stuff! 😷

55 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

This is one sad sad place these days, if I owned KB I would shut it down till end of season.

It's a totally normal question to ask when you've been underperforming as much on the football side as we have (with the odd few exceptions). Something on the football side is seriously wrong and the five-year plan that was made back in 2014 (https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ann-budge-statement), at least on the footballing side, has not worked out.

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

This is one sad sad place these days, if I owned KB I would shut it down till end of season.

If I was even a moderator, I would have this absolute embarrassment of a forum working properly. Still... it’s going alright I suppose... 

5 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

No, never, why ?

Have you ?

Taking the Mick Arthur!!!

12 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

No, never, why ?

Have you ?

If I were you I’d change your accountants. Your assumptions and basic arithmetic don’t add up (excuse the pun)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

What do you expect :rofl:we’re bottom of the league with three wins all season. No sign at all of getting out of trouble. How should the mood be?

16 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You’re right there. One of the things that’s wrong is little angry people like you whose only answer is to just lash out at everything and anything. 

so you think it’s the fans fault where we are. Absolutely laughable 

John Gentleman
On 13/02/2020 at 09:12, Hot since 86 said:

The on field tactics are a direct result of the decisions she has made.

She keeps making the wrong ones, in any other business she would be launched.

She 'over-delegated' and spent the rest of the time behaving like an ostrich. And we wonder why we are where we are?

Whatever happens, the buck stops with her.

1 hour ago, grumpy rebus said:

Now trot on and play with your calculator  

Don't need a calculator when I have over £2 billion in my personal bank account. :smuggy: 

5 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

Don't need a calculator when I have over £2 billion in my personal bank account. :smuggy: 

"This place is not for me.   Goodbye."

Recognise that statement, mcArthur?

£2 billion and cant tell the truth about either:phface:

Ex member of the SaS

Absolutely gutted I can't post in the Dobber alert thread only to come on here and find he's not gone after all. I have to agree with him regards the accounts. Someone with 2 Billion in the bank can't be wrong ( can he? ).

No I don't really agree with him. Hope he has fun bigging up his posts on the spooners forum 

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Absolutely gutted I can't post in the Dobber alert thread only to come on here and find he's not gone after all. I have to agree with him regards the accounts. Someone with 2 Billion in the bank can't be wrong ( can he? ).

No I don't really agree with him. Hope he has fun bigging up his posts on the spooners forum 

We’re you really in the SAS?

27 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

18 minutes ago, merrymac said:

"This place is not for me.   Goodbye."

Recognise that statement, mcArthur?

£2 billion and cant tell the truth about either:phface:

:rofl:

:awful:

37 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

It’s a calendar not a calculator you need.

Todays Valentine’s Day not April Fools.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Do you think it’s a wee bit odd to broadcast that fact on a football forum?

I used to be known as “Ex member of Sheena Easton’s Backing Band” on here but got a bit self-conscious about it.

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

I used to be known as “Ex member of Sheena Easton’s Backing Band” on here but got a bit self-conscious about it.

😀 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly.

It’s probably a lot of cobblers.

Members would have more class and have a different username.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
On 12/02/2020 at 22:01, MCW1976 said:

I’m maybe clutching at straws here. Probably am; however, if it’s not Budge (some maintain it is) and if it’s not Levein (now that he’s away from the dugout, at least), is there another personality at the club who is causing a problem throughout the football team?

It happens in the world of work, football being no different.

I have suspicions that there’s more to all this.

Maybe this is what hurting does to your soul?

Oooft. 

Paranoia at its finest.

Ex member of the SaS
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No, been out many, many years now and too old to care.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No, been out many, many years now and too old to care.

Fair enough mate. Been in any other special forces units or similar? . Knew a guy who was in the French foreign legion once. Said it was shite tbf.