Park Budge and Levein ... is it someone else?

MCW1976

4 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

I asked three simple questions earlier and there has not been one sensible reply from anybody.

So . . . for the LAST TIME

Where did the £24 million come from which you claim has now been fully paid.

Possible £10 million max may have come from FOH.

Nothing came from the Club (skint and dependent on anonymous donation to stay afloat)

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Mrs Budge's brother-in-law main stadium contractor.

Lottery win.

Save The Children shirt sponsorship (haha)

Festival concert which wrecked the grass.

Here's an idea. 

Stay on topic or start another thread to discuss your financial ramblings.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Hot since 86

• Beast Boy

• Mick Arthur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The responsibility for on-field performances is down to the players who have failed to perform under three different head coaches and playing styles. 

Most of them aren't bad players, certainly not for our league. They need to take more responsibility for their poor performances and either drop themselves or buck their ideas/performances up majorly. 

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Potato? How sweet. 

That is a squad of players that ANY of the managers in the bottom 6 would kill for. 

If Stendel doesn't' keep us up with that squad at his disposal then he's clearly not the manager that you think he is. 

So I will say again. If Stendel doesn't keep us up then he is 100% to blame.

Stendel wouldn’t even be with us if it wasn’t for Levein.

Levein was ousted because he failed. Failed with what he recruited and left it all behind for the next poor sucker to try and figure out 

Stendel is 100% to blame. Aye, ok then 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

I asked three simple questions earlier and there has not been one sensible reply from anybody.

Nothing came from the Club (skint and dependent on anonymous donation to stay afloat)

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Lottery win.

I assume you just ignored the slide I posted above. I also assume you are not an accountant. 

12 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Lottery win.

Silly Sausage!

It was the poppy money.🤷

Just now, Spoleto said:

Potato? How sweet. 

That is a squad of players that ANY of the managers in the bottom 6 would kill for. 

If Stendel doesn't' keep us up with that squad at his disposal then he's clearly not the manager that you think he is. 

So I will say again. If Stendel doesn't keep us up then he is 100% to blame.

I would agree with you if we had dropped to the foot of the table under DS.

Fact is, we were bottom when he took over so no 100% blame whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume you just ignored the slide I posted above. I also assume you are not an accountant. 

It’s the Pied Piper 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Pie-eyed Piper !

Must be a bit shite when your unfortunate club of choice struggle to get 8 folk to donate far less 8000! 😀

Hilarious in all honesty 

7 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

She's thick as mince, a raging Hibby and Z list 'celeb' but there is no way she is to blame for our current troubles

0_Screen-Shot-2019-02-23-at-145427.png

Who is that? 

18 minutes ago, Boab said:

I would agree with you if we had dropped to the foot of the table under DS.

Fact is, we were bottom when he took over so no 100% blame whatsoever.

How on earth is he no blame whatsoever?  He’s our manager, his job is to win games of football his remit is to keep us in the league ahead of shite like Hamilton and St Mirren.

Its like an extremely more serious version of people saying it was Cathros fault for years when pish under Levein.   We got torn apart in the second half off Falkirk ffs. They got a new manager too and somehow, like Ross at Hibs and various managers and clubs around the world they begin to improve.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Who is that? 

Jane Park. Self appointed Hibs celeb fan. She won the lottery a while back. Needless to say she now looks nothing like when she won it. Let's just say she's had a bit of work done.

Just now, Last Laff said:

How on earth is he no blame whatsoever?  He’s our manager, his job is to win games of football his remit is to keep us in the league ahead of shite like Hamilton and St Mirren.

Its like an extremely more serious version of people saying it was Cathros fault for years when pish under Levein.   We got torn apart in the second half off Falkirk ffs. They got a new manager too and somehow, like Ross at Hibs and various managers and clubs around the world they begin to improve.

Read again !

I never said he was blameless, just not entirely to blame.

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Jane Park. Self appointed Hibs celeb fan. She won the lottery a while back. Needless to say she now looks nothing like when she won it. Let's just say she's had a bit of work done.

Work done by cowboy builders.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Read again !

I never said he was blameless, just not entirely to blame.

yeah I misinterpreted, sorry. Can’t blame me though. People do have that view 👍

23 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

She's thick as mince, a raging Hibby and Z list 'celeb' but there is no way she is to blame for our current troubles

OOFFF!! To have all that done and still look like a wolf in sheeps clothing takes some doing!

3 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

I have three questions . . . .

1.  FOH is wholly responsible for repayments amounting to £24 million (Budge 2.5m, new stand 21.5m).  How many more years before the debt is cleared by fans' direct debits ?  (average annual FOH income of £1.2million will take 20 years)

2.  The Club has been kept afloat by anonymous donations worth millions to appear to be debt-free. Who were they and does FOH know as they should ?

3. Is Budge intending to hang on to 10% in a 90% FOH vote next week to keep control and veto any future investment ?

Good attempt at shit stirring 👏

Just now, Last Laff said:

yeah I misinterpreted, sorry. Can’t blame me though. People do have that view 👍

No worries.

A perfect storm of bad decisions has us where we are.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

OOFFF!! To have all that done and still look like a wolf in sheeps clothing takes some doing!

Very unfair. She now has a reconstructed builder's bum which is  missing from the photo, to improve her posture

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

No worries.

A perfect storm of bad decisions has us where we are.

Totally agree.  Facing that fact while trying to get out of it is all for the better. 

I’m convinced it’s the entire mentality at the club that’s wrong, and it’s been going downhill for some time. 

The season we got relegated there was a real desire in the team, maybe not the ability or experience, but everyone fought in the face of adversity. 

The Championship season we showed a real desire to prove everyone wrong - won it easily. 

However, the moment we were up we - in my eyes - downed tools. We could have gone for 100 points, 100 goals - it was on. We should kept at it full throttle - maybe not that easy but surely you want to keep winning? Do Celtic just jack it once the title is in the bag?

First season back we did well and made sure of a Euro spot but ever since then it feels like we’re happy to scrape top 6 with very few points collected after the split. We don’t seem to have the desire to improve our lot. 

We are a team the seldom come from behind, and if we score first and then concede we are far more likely to lose the game than to roll up our sleeves and go for the win. 

We’ve finished behind various teams who have had good seasons and punched above their weight, Killie last season, Well this season. When did we last punch above our weight in the top flight? Or even at it? 

Wr are not where we are by accident, winning 3 out of 26 league games isn’t just down to poor luck and injuries. We have been heading that way for some time. Have we got the mentality for proper relegation 6 pointers? I certainly hope so but I’m not sure I would bet on it! 

30 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Possible augmentation to her boobs?

11 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I’m convinced it’s the entire mentality at the club that’s wrong, and it’s been going downhill for some time. 

The season we got relegated there was a real desire in the team, maybe not the ability or experience, but everyone fought in the face of adversity. 

The Championship season we showed a real desire to prove everyone wrong - won it easily. 

However, the moment we were up we - in my eyes - downed tools. We could have gone for 100 points, 100 goals - it was on. We should kept at it full throttle - maybe not that easy but surely you want to keep winning? Do Celtic just jack it once the title is in the bag?

First season back we did well and made sure of a Euro spot but ever since then it feels like we’re happy to scrape top 6 with very few points collected after the split. We don’t seem to have the desire to improve our lot. 

We are a team the seldom come from behind, and if we score first and then concede we are far more likely to lose the game than to roll up our sleeves and go for the win. 

We’ve finished behind various teams who have had good seasons and punched above their weight, Killie last season, Well this season. When did we last punch above our weight in the top flight? Or even at it? 

Wr are not where we are by accident, winning 3 out of 26 league games isn’t just down to poor luck and injuries. We have been heading that way for some time. Have we got the mentality for proper relegation 6 pointers? I certainly hope so but I’m not sure I would bet on it! 

Within about a year the entire championship winning team was gone. 

Too many changes, too much staff, too big a squad and an owner who dances with fairies and pixies 

Weakened Offender

We are in this position because for the last three years we have, by and large, bought football players who are utter shite. And because our youth academy just wasn't as good as we were told it would be. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Here's an idea. 

Stay on topic or start another thread to discuss your financial ramblings.

I don't have enough credits yet to start a thread.

You start one and I'll join in tonight.  

23 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Disagree with a few points here. The relegation season we displayed virtually no desire after the Ross County loss where they came back and snatched the win. After that it was all manner of shite like “well nobody expected us to stay up anyway”. We were only able to get ourselves up for the derbies after that.

First season back we were doing well and the second season too. However, a rather sizeable proportion of our support decided that the “style” of our wins was t to their pleasing and started trotting out shite about being bored with the way we were playing/winning. That’s when the rot set in. Some fans started coming out with Hibs pish about flair being more important than points etc. 🙄

1 minute ago, Mick Arthur said:

Or another idea would be to look up the most recent accounts for both FOH and HMFC, do some proper research, then you won't have to ask any more daft questions.

3 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

Have you looked at the photo Dave McLaren posted yet?

The problem is simple. A collection of bad decisions by the previous manager, backed by the board, has caused the predicament. That's easy with hindsight. 

Stendel is the right manager, but possibly at the wrong time. January isn't the month to rebuild a squad and transform the way the team plays. That's for close season. January is for tweaks and improvements. 

If we get relegated, I blame the board for sticking with Levein too long (something I didn't disagree with at the time, but it's easy with hindsight). Stendel also has to shoulder some of the blame if he fails to keep us up by not getting Levein's squad to implement his very different tactics. 

That said, I've seen enough of what Stendel wants to do to stick with him, regardless of whether we avoid relegation or not. He deserves a pre season and a full season. 

I also think the Academy is in good shape, but courtesy of the mess it was in when we exited administration it'll be another year or two before it really starts to bare fruit. 

Ex member of the SaS

Previously stated I think Levein staying is a big part of the problem, but having read other threads I think I might put another into the mix. Could the crap keeper be causing dissent within the team?

Just a thought but if the defense is worried about their reputations being dragged through the mud thanks to the keeper's inability to save even the simple shots, they could also be having a dig at the strikers for not scoring and round and round it goes.

Finger pointing when playing badly is not uncommon and if the players are unhappy with each other's performance this could lead to a disjointed team.

20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Previously stated I think Levein staying is a big part of the problem, but having read other threads I think I might put another into the mix. Could the crap keeper be causing dissent within the team?

Just a thought but if the defense is worried about their reputations being dragged through the mud thanks to the keeper's inability to save even the simple shots, they could also be having a dig at the strikers for not scoring and round and round it goes.

Finger pointing when playing badly is not uncommon and if the players are unhappy with each other's performance this could lead to a disjointed team.

Dressing room dissent? Hmmmm... 🤔

What do you think @Vlad Magic?

(BINGO!)

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Lottery win.

How the **** do you manage to dress yourself in the morning?

Anyway, Levein is to blame for the mess we're in.

2 hours ago, eyesandears said:

She looks a real handful....  Or should that be two.......   :)

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Didn’t take long 👍👍

:lol:

Few of them taking the ‘Mick’ at the moment actually. Really bloody easy to spot with only a tiny bit of effort... ho-hum.

Ex member of the SaS
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Weird question for you, mate:

Did you ever get fish cakes to eat when you were in the SAS?

You eat what you can when you can. There's no time for 5* eating. You would not believe what I have eaten over the years.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You eat what you can when you can. There's no time for 5* eating. You would not believe what I have eaten over the years.

Blimey, a bit of a ‘Freddie got (fish)Fingered’ scenario?

Did you ever tangle with the Hibsbollah?

🙄

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Blimey, a bit of a ‘Freddie got (fish)Fingered’ scenario?

Did you ever tangle with the Hibsbollah?

🙄

Maybe a senior moment but I don't get the innuendo. If you have something to say just come out and say it. In fact don't bother as I think the ignore button is being used along with a certain Spoleto ( I think I can name him as he has posted on this thread. If not then sorry please remove it ) . 

5 hours ago, Boris said:

Can you get fired from your own business?

Very easily, if you own less than 50%. Harry Selfridge was a rags to riches to rags prime example.

8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Maybe a senior moment but I don't get the innuendo. If you have something to say just come out and say it. In fact don't bother as I think the ignore button is being used along with a certain Spoleto ( I think I can name him as he has posted on this thread. If not then sorry please remove it ) . 

:lol:

No bother, mate. Dressing room dissent, eh? Whoodathunkit? 

4 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Lottery win.

Whats so difficult to understand The slide above tells you where the money has come from

6 Million from Hearts ongoing operations (Turn over last year exceeded 16 million)

5.7 million from the Foundation

6.8 Million from those lovely benefactors

and 1.6 million from Bid co

plus 1 million from player sales totals £21.1 million 

At the last count we'd spent somewhere nearer 21.5 million with final stage to get the go ahead

No debt as far as i can see 

last accounts signed off with a 400 grand profit (again thanks to those lovely benefactors)

34 minutes ago, westbow said:

Very easily, if you own less than 50%. Harry Selfridge was a rags to riches to rags prime example.

If he owns less than 50% then it's not his own business, surely?

The most annoying thing for me in all of this is, the players are as responsible for our current predicament as Budge, Levein, whoever. I know who signed them but their individual mistakes have cost us dear. You can't legislate for some of the awful individual errors that have dogged us this year. 

Dreadful mismanagement, awful recruitment, confusing team selections, inability to act promptly when it was obvious to all that a change needed to be made. These lie at the feet of Budge and Levein. MacPhee and the reset of the gang to but the players are as much to blame IMO

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

If he owns less than 50% then it's not his own business, surely?

As in the example, he lost the business. But he built it from scratch, named it after himself, revolutionised his field and still ended up virtually penniless. So it was his baby, just lost control.