Park Budge and Levein ... is it someone else?

MCW1976

11 hours ago, lost in space said:

I always talk up hearts fans and say we are smarter and not bigoted - but it is getting harder to defend hearts fans.

BLAME - it is not one person to blame. Sorry - easier for thickest fans to blame one person.

Budge /Levein/Murray/fitness coach/injuries/players selection/ player attitude - all are to blame.

We are where we are. Need to move on.

Will we escape relegation? Nobody knows.

Is it helpful to blame one person? - You would have to be a bit thick to think so.

Move on!!

Absolutely this.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Hot since 86

• Beast Boy

• Mick Arthur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Club. Foh has no debt. 

OK . . .  so why do fans continue to pay their direct debits of up to £1.2m per year now that the stadium is paid for ?

4 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

OK . . .  so why do fans continue to pay their direct debits of up to £1.2m per year now that the stadium is paid for ?

Out of generosity to and love for the club, just like the anonymous donors. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s very confused. 

I am confused . . . 

I only asked where the £24 million cost of the main stand (including Budge 2.5m loan) came from ?

It did not come from Budge, the Club could not afford it and needed anonymous contributions of millions to keep the Club afloat over the past two years  . . .   and FOH's annual income of £1.2m was not enough.

Do you have sight of the latest FOH accounts which show no future commitment to continue contributions of £1.2m per year to the Club ?

2 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

I am confused . . . 

I only asked where the £24 million cost of the main stand (including Budge 2.5m loan) came from ?

It did not come from Budge, the Club could not afford it and needed anonymous contributions of millions to keep the Club afloat over the past two years  . . .   and FOH's annual income of £1.2m was not enough.

Do you have sight of the latest FOH accounts which show no future commitment to continue contributions of £1.2m per year to the Club ?

the stand was paid for by club income/reserves, FoH contributions and anonymous donations. The club does not have a £20m debt!!

The root cause is the mess CL left behind but that's been done to death on here. It's now down to Stendel to get us out of the mess we're in and I've been right behind him since he arrived. I like what he's trying to do but it's not working, ok, it works on the park at times, first half at Perth and first 20 mins against Killie for example but we're not winning the games and picking up the points we need. I now find myself thinking that implementing Stendels style of play when we're in a relegation dog fight was the wrong thing to do, either we don't have the players to carry it out or it's too much of a change mid season, or possibly a bit of both. We've rolled the dice in January, new manager, players in, players out, new style, great football at times, shocking at other times, scoring goals, losing more goals. It all has to click into place against Accies and St Mirren or we're not getting out of this mess.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

I am confused . . . 

:cornette:

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

the stand was paid for by club income/reserves, FoH contributions and anonymous donations. The club does not have a £20m debt!!

I never once suggested that the Club had any debt.  However, this was only due to the anonymous contributions worth millions.

If the £24 million expenditure has now been paid in full . . the fans' direct debit mandates are surely unnecessary ?

Edited by Mick Arthur

Ex member of the SaS

Stendel--- No blame

Levein----- 80% of the problem and maybe higher

Budge---- 20% of the problem and should get rid of Levein now. 

I am convinced because Levein is still there in some capacity he is a bad influence. 

Stendel was brought in when the club was at a very low ebb, He's had one window at the worst time of the year and with the threat of relegation stopping players wanting to come.

Should we go down I do feel we have enough to get straight back up and player recruitment will improve. Writing off this season with the slight hope we survive and looking forward to when Stendel gets cash and a decent window to improve the squad.

7 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

I never once suggested that the Club had any debt.  However, this was only due to the anonymous contributions worth millions.

If the £24 million expenditure has now been paid in full . . the fans' direct debit mandates are surely unnecessary ?

You said that FoH would be landed with £20m debt. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The fans direct debit mandates are only necessary now if you want to give additional money to the club. I assume you don’t. 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Stendel--- No blame

I am convinced because Levein is still there in some capacity he is a bad influence. 

Stendel was brought in when the club was at a very low ebb, He's had one window at the worst time of the year and with the threat of relegation stopping players wanting to come.

Should we go down I do feel we have enough to get straight back up and player recruitment will improve. Writing off this season with the slight hope we survive and looking forward to when Stendel gets cash and a decent window to improve the squad.

If the £24 million cost of the main stand including Budge's 32.5m loan has really been paid off in full as some on here insist . . there should be no financial commitments stopping us now from funding the TEAM ON THE PARK.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

Correct, they are unnecessary but they are voluntary. Plus if you stop paying in you no longer have a say in FoH.

I know this might be hard for you but hopefully something clicks.

Blaming Budge for backing the last three managers with cash? Our form is down to the managers, coaches and players. All of them have to shoulder some of the blame for where we find ourselves. Levein, MacPhee, Stendel, Daly, Fox, Gallagher, Kirk, Tonge, and co right through to Berra, Whelan, Naismith and Anthony MacDonald, and everyone in between.

Budge has backed her managers to the hilt, and has thrown a lot of money at them.

Our form is not because of our owner, it’s because the staff involved with the first team be they coaches or players are not getting results.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You said that FoH would be landed with £20m debt. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The fans direct debit mandates are only necessary now if you want to give additional money to the club. I assume you don’t. 

You mean VOLUNTARY rather than necessary ?

I believe there is still a large financial black hole in the funding of the stand which the responsibility and wholly-dependent on the fans' continuing direct debits for a long time.   I am not convinced until FOH accounts confirm they have fulfilled all their financial contributions to the Club before taking controlling shares from Budge.

18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Stendel--- No blame

Jesus wept... do you honestly believe this? I’m in no way suggesting he is entirely to blame for our shite form since he came in, because he isn’t. No blame though? Seriously?

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Someone like Levein you mean? 

A former international manager, experienced and knows the Scottish game? 

Things are bad enough without having to suffer trolling shite from you Tosh.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Mick Arthur said:

I believe there is still a large financial black hole in the funding of the stand which the responsibility and wholly-dependent on the fans' continuing direct debits for a long time.   I am not convinced until FOH accounts confirm they have fulfilled all their financial contributions to the Club before taking controlling shares from Budge.

Who is this money owed to? Where are the debt covenants that FoH have signed up to?

You are talking complete gibberish.

This is all out in the open as far as I am aware. The middle floor needs kitted out and is getting signed off on soon. Spending was paused to try and help improve the first team. Are you suggesting someone is cooking the books?

Would you like to buy some magic beans? 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Blaming Budge for backing the last three managers with cash? Our form is down to the managers, coaches and players. All of them have to shoulder some of the blame for where we find ourselves. Levein, MacPhee, Stendel, Daly, Fox, Gallagher, Kirk, Tonge, and co right through to Berra, Whelan, Naismith and Anthony MacDonald, and everyone in between.

Budge has backed her managers to the hilt, and has thrown a lot of money at them.

Our form is not because of our owner, it’s because the staff involved with the first team be they coaches or players are not getting results.

Everyone and their dug could see Levein had to go in the summer...at the latest !

He wasn’t going to sack himself, especially as AB said he was doing a great job in August. She is as culpable as anyone, more so actually as she hires and fires !

5 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

Have you read the recent club and FoH accounts?

There is blame throughout the club.

Ann Budge for relying too much on Levein, 

Levein for being a stubborn arse and signing some shite, no matter if he's DoF or manager, giving big contracts to utter mince,

Ian Cathro (say no more),

A coaching team that couldn't coach primary school football never mind professional,

Goalkeeping coach Gallacher (a no-mark goalie himself) coaching Zlamal, Doyle, Pereira,

Players not pulling their weight,

Club scout for sourcing crap players while the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen get Mackay-Stevens and John McGinns, Cosgroves and McNultys,

Loan players who (from what I've witnessed) will never be good enough to play for their parent club, (see Conor Randall, Demi Mitchell and currently Joel Pereira as examples),

An academy that's produced nothing of note. 

A few examples of how our situation has come to this. In otherwords….bad management from the top to the bottom since 2016.

Stendal has been left with a lot of crap surrounding him, whether we stay up or not we'll still need a whole rake of new players for season 20/21.

Just now, Boab said:

Everyone and their dug could see Levein had to go in the summer...at the latest !

He wasn’t going to sack himself, especially as AB said he was doing a great job in August. She is as culpable as anyone, more so actually as she hires and fires !

She ain’t the one putting the team out on the park though, is she? She has to take some of the blame for having too much faith in her generals, but it’s the generals and their subordinates who have continually failed to put together a team that is capable of defending AND attacking in a game of football. We are swinging wildly from one extreme to the other with coaches and managers thinking it’s a choice of one or the other. It’s unreal.

The players in our squad have by and large played and performed consistently at a higher level than our league, both for their previous clubs and in many cases their countries. How we are toiling to find someone who can get a tune out of them enough to amass more points than Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County and St Johnstone is criminal.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Things are bad enough without having to suffer trolling shite from you Tosh.

It wasn't a reply to you. 

If you think it's a trolling comment, report it or pipe down. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Budge recruited the manager the majority of fans wanted, but the wise ones accepted was a risk.

He'll turn it around, but time is running short, so less of the drama and more of the collective is required.

Its actually not been a bad midweek, we always lose to Celtic, we more often than not lose heavily. We didn't lose any further ground.

If you have nothing good to say, just don't say it, at least until we are out of this mess, poison is not helping us.

28 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Stendel--- No blame

Stendel - No blame? 

6 points from 30 says otherwise. 

Ex SAS man shoots ........ and misses ........ again.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who is this money owed to? Where are the debt covenants that FoH have signed up to?

You are talking complete gibberish.

Still no sensible answers from you.

FOH was set up after administration to provide financial support to pay immediate running costs, Bryan Jackson's fees and Ms Budge's loan of £2.5m plus interest, which was expected to take a couple of years.

Five years later FOH have continued to contribute about £7 million more and up to £10million total.

You say the Club (skint) have contributed the remaining £14 million ?

I am not convinced and believe FOH will need the fans direct debits for a few more years yet.

Budge and Levein are to blame.  It's staggering how far they have fallen in the space of a few years.

They both need to leave Hearts as soon as possible.  I have paid into FOH since the beginning, I have always said I will never cancel the payment but if either of these people are still connected to the club next season I will have to cancel my subscription unfortunately.

They have both shown themselves to be incompetent and I want them away from the club.  Budge has been paid back her money plus her interest payments and I thank her for giving us a loan to allow us to save our club - that is the beginning and the end of my appreciation to her.  

I want FOH and Hearts to move on from the two of them and we need a clean break from the previous regime.

All that being said we need to focus on getting the club out of the shit that the current regime has put us in, that means getting 100% behind Stendel and the players and that is what my focus is on right now.  Chasing the two incumbents out the club can wait until the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Have you read the recent club and FoH accounts?

No . . I have been out of touch for the past two years.  I am up to date with reports from the last AGM and news reports in January.

Geoff Kilpatrick

FOH was set up after administration to provide financial support to pay immediate running costs, Bryan Jackson's fees and Ms Budge's loan of £2.5m plus interest, which was expected to take a couple of years.

Five years later FOH have continued to contribute about £7 million more and up to £10million total.

I am not convinced and believe FOH will need the fans direct debits for a few more years yet.

Whoosh! For every creditor there is a debtor.

So, in your nonsense world, who do FoH owe this money to?

4 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

What evidence do you have for your ‘belief’?

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

She ain’t the one putting the team out on the park though, is she? She has to take some of the blame for having too much faith in her generals, but it’s the generals and their subordinates who have continually failed to put together a team that is capable of defending AND attacking in a game of football. We are swinging wildly from one extreme to the other with coaches and managers thinking it’s a choice of one or the other. It’s unreal.

The players in our squad have by and large played and performed consistently at a higher level than our league, both for their previous clubs and in many cases their countries. How we are toiling to find someone who can get a tune out of them enough to amass more points than Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County and St Johnstone is criminal.

I agree.

No one is blameless, especially AB.

We need out of this mess and re-group in the summer. My only fear is if we don’t make it. Some angry punters then, who put good money into the club. Not good to even contemplate tbh.

2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Budge and Levein are to blame.  It's staggering how far they have fallen in the space of a few years.

They both need to leave Hearts as soon as possible.  I have paid into FOH since the beginning, I have always said I will never cancel the payment but if either of these people are still connected to the club next season I will have to cancel my subscription unfortunately.

They have both shown themselves to be incompetent and I want them away from the club.  Budge has been paid back her money plus her interest payments and I thank her for giving us a loan to allow us to save our club - that is the beginning and the end of my appreciation to her.  

I want FOH and Hearts to move on from the two of them and we need a clean break from the previous regime.

All that being said we need to focus on getting the club out of the shit that the current regime has put us in, that means getting 100% behind Stendel and the players and that is what my focus is on right now.  Chasing the two incumbents out the club can wait until the end of the season. 

Everyone is 100% behind Stendel. We have no choice to be anything else. He is either a success and we don’t get relegated, or he is a failure and we are back in the Championship again. 

I do not see what is wrong with pointing out some of the glaring deficiencies in our play just now though, despite some believing we should all just stand around admiring the emperor’s new clothes.

As it stands, our form is relegation standard. Stendel needs to get us playing and winning, or he has failed.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Whoosh! For every creditor there is a debtor.

So, in your nonsense world, who do FoH owe this money to?

That was MY question to you sir . .  where did the £24 million come from which you claim has been fully paid.

Maybe £10 million came from FOH.

Nothing came from the skint Club or Ms Budge.

Straight answers please rather than your usual 'bollocks' & 'gibberish' nonsense.

That was MY question to you sir . .  where did the £24 million come from which you claim has been fully paid.

Straight answers please rather than your usual 'bollocks' & 'gibberish' nonsense.

The sums have all been broken down and accounted for though? Are you an FoH member? 

3 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

Slide from last agm. 

EA15D87E-CB3F-4722-BA37-0816DAD41761.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The sums have all been broken down and accounted for though? Are you an FoH member? 

Show me the money . .  explain the half a million cost for finance loans if there is no debt.

Edited by Mick Arthur

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

You said above that you hadn't read the accounts. Go and locate them and then we'll humour you again.

Just now, Mick Arthur said:

Show me the money . . 

What? You aren’t making any sense here. It’s all in the accounts. What part of them are you concerned about? Where have you identified something that has raised your concerns? Maybe if you post it, we can all see what you are getting at, because I think every other member of FoH including myself have clearly not spotted the anomaly that is vexing you so much. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

It’s for life. 

:jjyay:

:

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It wasn't a reply to you. 

If you think it's a trolling comment, report it or pipe down. 

Its an open forum so we all have to suffer your crap!

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s for life. 

:jjyay:

:

It's never for life. What happens if/when people die, lose their jobs, start a family, invest in mortgages, move away or any other scenario where their contributions are cancelled? They won't/can't contribute financially forever more. Then you have to rely on new contributions from other people. Are they going to blindly do that if the club is in a state? Contributions are temporary, no matter for how long, they're never for evermore.

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Stendel - No blame? 

6 points from 30 says otherwise. 

Ex SAS man shoots ........ and misses ........ again.

You have been shooting blanks on here for quite some time 

6 points from 30. Correct.

Thats 12 games in charge overall 

Its the 120 plus games under Levein and all the players signed since that point that’s the main issue. Plus the pre seasons. Plus the coaches hired. Plus the money he has wasted in signing his own type of player which I won’t even get into.

He has had ten times the amount of games that Stendel had as manager and Stendel has had to inherit everything that loser left behind. If Stendel had done what Levein had done then he would be fully culpable. 

Levein single handedly built his failing crumbling empire and was allowed to do so before the CEO saw sense and got rid of him before the castle came tumbling down. It’s Stendel that’s been brought in to fix his mess. 

If it’s a Blame game in play and on games played then the above reads Levein 90% and Stendel 10%. Nice and easy to understand.

Although it isn’t quite that simple is it.

Stendel has signed 4 players, yes 4. In the worst transfer window that you can get. Coupled with the fact we didn’t have a blank cheque book and probably a lot of players took one look at the circus we had become and thought they wouldn’t bother coming over.

Boyce and Sibbick have definitely showed enough, The kosovan has been injured and Langer is still to show something 

We have 3 keepers on our books that Levein signed and not one of them is any good. Along with a lot of other players in our squad that aren’t any good 

Want some names of who isn’t standing up for us at the moment and can play a lot better or who just aren’t good enough ?

Halkett, Souttar, Washington, naisy, uche, Walker, Irvine etc Can play better 

Moore, Henderson, White, Brandon, Meshino, just not good enough 

3 keepers not good enough 

Wighton and Maclean - not good enough 

Who signed the above players Potato ?

Who signed them and therefore who is really the root cause of our woes ?

I asked three simple questions earlier and there has not been one sensible reply from anybody.

So . . . for the LAST TIME

Where did the £24 million come from which you claim has now been fully paid.

Possible £10 million max may have come from FOH.

Nothing came from the Club (skint and dependent on anonymous donation to stay afloat)

Nothing from Ms Budge.

Mrs Budge's brother-in-law main stadium contractor.

Lottery win.

Save The Children shirt sponsorship (haha)

Festival concert which wrecked the grass.

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

You have been shooting blanks on here for quite some time 

6 points from 30. Correct.

Thats 12 games in charge overall 

Its the 120 plus games under Levein and all the players signed since that point that’s the main issue. Plus the pre seasons. Plus the coaches hired. Plus the money he has wasted in signing his own type of player which I won’t even get into.

He has had ten times the amount of games that Stendel had as manager and Stendel has had to inherit everything that loser left behind. If Stendel had done what Levein had done then he would be fully culpable. 

Levein single handedly built his failing crumbling empire and was allowed to do so before the CEO saw sense and got rid of him before the castle came tumbling down. It’s Stendel that’s been brought in to fix his mess. 

If it’s a Blame game in play and on games played then the above reads Levein 90% and Stendel 10%. Nice and easy to understand.

Although it isn’t quite that simple is it.

Stendel has signed 4 players, yes 4. In the worst transfer window that you can get. Coupled with the fact we didn’t have a blank cheque book and probably a lot of players took one look at the circus we had become and thought they wouldn’t bother coming over.

Boyce and Sibbick have definitely showed enough, The kosovan has been injured and Langer is still to show something 

We have 3 keepers on our books that Levein signed and not one of them is any good. Along with a lot of other players in our squad that aren’t any good 

Want some names of who isn’t standing up for us at the moment and can play a lot better or who just aren’t good enough ?

Halkett, Souttar, Washington, naisy, uche, Walker, Irvine etc Can play better 

Moore, Henderson, White, Brandon, Meshino, just not good enough 

3 keepers not good enough 

Wighton and Maclean - not good enough 

Who signed the above players Potato ?

Who signed them and therefore who is really the root cause of our woes ?

Potato? How sweet. 

That is a squad of players that ANY of the managers in the bottom 6 would kill for. 

If Stendel doesn't' keep us up with that squad at his disposal then he's clearly not the manager that you think he is. 

So I will say again. If Stendel doesn't keep us up then he is 100% to blame.

2 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

I have three questions . . . .

1.  FOH is wholly responsible for repayments amounting to £24 million (Budge 2.5m, new stand 21.5m).  How many more years before the debt is cleared by fans' direct debits ?  (average annual FOH income of £1.2million will take 20 years)

2.  The Club has been kept afloat by anonymous donations worth millions to appear to be debt-free. Who were they and does FOH know as they should ?

3. Is Budge intending to hang on to 10% in a 90% FOH vote next week to keep control and veto any future investment ?

ARTHUR (taking the) MICK!