Park Budge and Levein ... is it someone else?

MCW1976

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

😄🤷🏼‍♂️

Sorry to be flippant, I’m just really pissed off at this shambles and it’s been a long time in the making.

What is Stendel’s remit?

what is Budge’s remit?

who else plays a key part in the football operations at the club?

Who has oversight of these roles and decision making?

I don’t know the answers to these questions but my concern is that Hearts don’t either. I also have concerns around governance of the football department in general.

Whilst these don’t have a massive short term impact you don’t get quite as shite as we are in such a short space of time with a comparatively large budget without fundamental problems.

if these have/are being addressed as a member and supporter I would love to know more and take some confidence from the changes adopted.

sorry to rant.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Hot since 86

• Beast Boy

• Mick Arthur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Budge, Levein, Cathro, the coaches, probably the medical department. All complicit in this mess over the past 3 years. 
some of the players signed , the length of contracts given, the tactics - we could go on. It’s been an absolute clusterfeck that has just snowballed out of control.

A time when FOH contributions have been immense, backing of benefactors has been immense.  It’s absolutely horrifying.

buck stops at Ann Budge for her unwavering suppport in Craig Levein and giving him a free reign on absolutely everything. He has single handily wrecked this club to a point where we are faced with relegation and all that goes with it.

Stendell , I don’t blame whatsoever. He has inherited a shambles. He may well get us out of this but it’ll likely be by the skin of our teeth 

Surely if Pereira is selected again this Saturday then Stendel has to take some blame...there’s a phrase about doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. We seem to be have found a way to score against the teams round about us. We now just need to find a way to limit those same teams to only scoring once or twice against us. 

1 hour ago, MCW1976 said:

I’m maybe clutching at straws here. Probably am; however, if it’s not Budge (some maintain it is) and if it’s not Levein (now that he’s away from the dugout, at least), is there another personality at the club who is causing a problem throughout the football team?

It happens in the world of work, football being no different.

I have suspicions that there’s more to all this.

Maybe this is what hurting does to your soul?

Budge appointed Levein as Captain and he crashed the good ship HMFC into the iceberg - Stendel replaced Levein as Captain and he is trying to sail the sinking ship to safety with a big feckin hole in it!!

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We signed players like Halkett/pereira/Meshino/Damour/Whelan.

I was excited by these signings. Was there anybody who wasn't?

Are you seriously blaming the CEO for highly regarded signings??

Recruitment/injuries/fitness/attitude are a factors in where we are.

If it is part of your personality to want to blame/Hate a particular person - carry on.

You are missing my point.

These signings haven’t worked for whatever reason. Budge should have someone she can hold accountable. Not just herself and play the daft, “I don’t know football I just saved the club card”  It’s not helpful

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Surely if Pereira is selected again this Saturday then Stendel has to take some blame...there’s a phrase about doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. We seem to be have found a way to score against the teams round about us. We now just need to find a way to limit those same teams to only scoring once or twice against us. 

Sign a loan goalkeeper that knows what hes doing ?  That would be a start....

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

I think he intends to play Bobby on Saturday no matter what happened tonight.

the flip side was throw bobby in tonight and we ship the usual amount of goals and he has a mare, then we have a real GK problem v Hamilton.

Bobby will come in now and without a parkhead humiliation behind him.

Joel is finished here I’d imagine.

Just my thoughts.

of course if Joel does start v Hamilton then I’m very worried. If it’s in the contract he has to play then that’s an utter disgrace. I refuse to believe that though 

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Sorry to be flippant, I’m just really pissed off at this shambles and it’s been a long time in the making.

What is Stendel’s remit?

what is Budge’s remit?

who else plays a key part in the football operations at the club?

Who has oversight of these roles and decision making?

I don’t know the answers to these questions but my concern is that Hearts don’t either. I also have concerns around governance of the football department in general.

Whilst these don’t have a massive short term impact you don’t get quite as shite as we are in such a short space of time with a comparatively large budget without fundamental problems.

if these have/are being addressed as a member and supporter I would love to know more and take some confidence from the changes adopted.

sorry to rant.

I just feel you could waste a lot of energy on this...right now we are in crisis mode and the building is on fire. It’s not time to ask who started it or what we could do to stop another fire in future.

Right now it’s 12 matches and Stendel (only Stendel) has the remit to get one more point than Hamilton as a minimum and one more than St Mirren as an ideal.

Your questions are valid but probably for another time and likely another CEO and Manager if this fire isn’t put out.

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Sign a loan goalkeeper that knows what hes doing ?  That would be a start....

You can't outside the window. All we could sign is a currently unsigned keeper. 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I think he intends to play Bobby on Saturday no matter what happened tonight.

the flip side was throw bobby in tonight and we ship the usual amount of goals and he has a mare, then we have a real GK problem v Hamilton.

Bobby will come in now and without a parkhead humiliation behind him.

Joel is finished here I’d imagine.

Just my thoughts.

of course if Joel does start v Hamilton then I’m very worried. If it’s in the contract he has to play then that’s an utter disgrace. I refuse to believe that though 

He was dropped before so that can’t be true. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can't outside the window. All we could sign is a currently unsigned keeper. 

That's what I meant m8🙈🇱🇻🇱🇻

Just now, JamboGraham said:

I just feel you could waste a lot of energy on this...right now we are in crisis mode and the building is on fire. It’s not time to ask who started it or what we could do to stop another fire in future.

Right now it’s 12 matches and Stendel (only Stendel) has the remit to get one more point than Hamilton as a minimum and one more than St Mirren as an ideal.

Your questions are valid but probably for another time and likely another CEO and Manager if this fire isn’t put out.

Fair enough.

my opinion is we need to try to answer these questions and address any issues ASAP as the club has been floundering for a long time.

I will still be there home and away every week Though (not tonight as working away thankfully)

lost in space
9 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

You are missing my point.

These signings haven’t worked for whatever reason. Budge should have someone she can hold accountable. Not just herself and play the daft, “I don’t know football I just saved the club card”  It’s not helpful

Doubt I am missing point.

Budge did have someone who was accountable. She sacked him (later than she should).

The set up (DOF or Sporting Director Etc) is not finalised unfortunately but even if it was - we are going to suffer for recruiting mistakes of the past until at least until the summer. Too easy to blame Budge.

How fickle are football fans  ?

Just a couple of weeks ago over 3000 Hearts fans travelled up to Perth convinced we were on the verge of a surge up the league table after the fine result against Rangers.

Since then we have had an away draw, a narrow defeat  at home and a hard fought away win in a tricky cup tie.

Tonight's result was entirely predictable given historic results at that dump.

The only issue I have with DS is the failure to recruit a competent goalkeeper in the transfer window.

That might not even be his fault as there might well be an arrangement with Man Utd to give JP game time.

But for this goalkeeper we would be safe in the league and if DS is able to find a competent free agent we will be fine .

Makes no sense for people to be getting their knickers in twist over tonight's result.

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Just a couple of weeks ago over 3000 Hearts fans travelled up to Perth convinced we were on the verge of a surge up the league table after the fine result against Rangers.

Since then we have had an away draw, a narrow defeat  at home and a hard fought away win in a tricky cup tie.

The only issue I have with DS is the failure to recruit a competent goalkeeper in the transfer window.

That might not even be his fault as there might well be an arrangement with Man Utd to give JP game time.

But for this goalkeeper we would be safe in the league and if DS is able to find a competent free agent we will be fine .

Makes no sense for people to be getting their knickers in twist over tonight's result.

Let's hope that's the last of our Pereira arrangement !

44 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge appointed Levein as Captain and he crashed the good ship HMFC into the iceberg - Stendel replaced Levein as Captain and he is trying to sail the sinking ship to safety with a big feckin hole in it!!

Summed up nicely 

We need 6 points in the next 2 matches as an absolute priority. And then go from there.

The GP situation isn’t helping us either. If there is a clause with playing him we need to get ourselves out of it - 2nd priority 

I will agree with one thing - we are in a mess at the moment and the rot needs to stop. That rot has been there for a long long time. It can’t be treated. It needs removed permanently 

45 minutes ago, luckydug said:

true to an extent. But I was in Perth and the 2nd half collapse was as alarming as the first 50 minute collapse v Kilmarnock. 
the cup game was not a true barometer given the conditions but even then we were 3 posts away from goal / tie conceded against a team 2 divisions below.

i would say tonight’s game was a given and for me fully expected that result.

thank god for the sevco result and also the results of our rivals which have been as bad as ours

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

Certainly looks that way.

Either way she isn’t qualified to make that decision. The more important one (which I think she acknowledged?) was getting a director of football.

At least then we might have some accountability and expertise. No?

Someone like Levein you mean? 

A former international manager, experienced and knows the Scottish game? 

Clark Griswold
7 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

I doubt Park's to blame: he's only been there a few weeks (or maybe has gone already?).

Assuming he meant Anne Park?

9 hours ago, lost in space said:

I always talk up hearts fans and say we are smarter and not bigoted - but it is getting harder to defend hearts fans.

BLAME - it is not one person to blame. Sorry - easier for thickest fans to blame one person.

Budge /Levein/Murray/fitness coach/injuries/players selection/ player attitude - all are to blame.

We are where we are. Need to move on.

Will we escape relegation? Nobody knows.

Is it helpful to blame one person? - You would have to be a bit thick to think so.

Move on!!

Budge appointment CL to oversee all footballing matters,so it is really easy to identify the root cause of the issue  ....... move on 

Shooter McGavin

Budge putting blind faith in Levein as he dragged us down is what has killed us this season. 

Budges “Levein is doing a great job” comment at the end of August still haunts me. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

I’m maybe clutching at straws here. Probably am; however, if it’s not Budge (some maintain it is) and if it’s not Levein (now that he’s away from the dugout, at least), is there another personality at the club who is causing a problem throughout the football team?

It happens in the world of work, football being no different.

I have suspicions that there’s more to all this.

Maybe this is what hurting does to your soul?

What

it’s blatantly Levein and Budge

I have three questions . . . .

1.  FOH is wholly responsible for repayments amounting to £24 million (Budge 2.5m, new stand 21.5m).  How many more years before the debt is cleared by fans' direct debits ?  (average annual FOH income of £1.2million will take 20 years)

2.  The Club has been kept afloat by anonymous donations worth millions to appear to be debt-free. Who were they and does FOH know as they should ?

3. Is Budge intending to hang on to 10% in a 90% FOH vote next week to keep control and veto any future investment ?

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, most supporters seemed convinced as well. 

I am not convinced,sure he has changed our tactics,which are better,have results improved? JP our keeper is a total flapper,

Worst I have seen at Hearts,yet he is persisting with him,why?

9 hours ago, innerjambo said:

The damage done by Craig Levein and his cronies is deep rooted, and won't be an overnight fix by any stretch of the imagination. Stendel will need a bit of time to fix this crock of shit.

It’s been quoted several times, but the perfect storm of Levein, MacPhee, & Cathro, have done so much damage that it was never going to be a quick fix.

I think Stendel is the perfect fit for our club & the supporters, unfortunately he got dealt a poor poker hand when taking over this failed experiment.

Whilst AB is culpable in not putting a stop to it a long time ago, her silence on footballing matters is frustrating.

We need to continue to back DS & the boys especially on Saturday.

The Real Maroonblood

The damage done by Craig Levein and his cronies is deep rooted, and won't be an overnight fix by any stretch of the imagination. Stendel will need a bit of time to fix this crock of shit.

Exactly.

9 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

1.  FOH is wholly responsible for repayments amounting to £24 million (Budge 2.5m, new stand 21.5m).  How many more years before the debt is cleared by fans' direct debits ?  (average annual FOH income of £1.2million will take 20 years)

2.  The Club has been kept afloat by anonymous donations worth millions to appear to be debt-free. Who were they and does FOH know as they should ?

3. Is Budge intending to hang on to 10% in a 90% FOH vote next week to keep control and veto any future investment ?

🤣 Who was the guy on here who had a detailed plan of selling Tynecastle and building a new stadium at Murrayfield? That wasn't you under a new alias was it?

1. You're only taking into consideration FOH revenue streams

2. They haven't been kept afloat by anonymous donations, these have however allowed us to maintain a profit whilst the main investment of the stand was taking place

3. Does it matter?! Even is she did she wouldn't have enough of a share to make a majority decision

The Old Tolbooth

Exactly, I don't get why people can't see this, in fact it's so deep rooted that I'm now thinking that relegation is a serious possibility and taking us a step backwards may be the only way to move forward again, as long as Stendel stays, because if we go down and he bales out, then we really are in shit creek, and all thanks to Budge and Levein. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly, I don't get why people can't see this, in fact it's so deep rooted that I'm now thinking that relegation is a serious possibility and taking us a step backwards may be the only way to move forward again, as long as Stendel stays, because if we go down and he bales out, then we really are in shit creek, and all thanks to Budge and Levein. 

That’s the reality.

Sad but true.

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I agree 100% with what you say 

I Find it a bit strange that after 120 games plus of tedious boring repetitive football under Levein that the knives are now appearing out for Stendel 

I am not saying that the OP has a point but if he is correct then whatever it is that’s caused this has been rotting the club for a lot lot longer than when Stendel arrived on the scene 

27 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

🤣 Who was the guy on here who had a detailed plan of selling Tynecastle and building a new stadium at Murrayfield? That wasn't you under a new alias was it?

1. You're only taking into consideration FOH revenue streams

2. They haven't been kept afloat by anonymous donations, these have however allowed us to maintain a profit whilst the main investment of the stand was taking place

3. Does it matter?! Even is she did she wouldn't have enough of a share to make a majority decision

The new 25,000 capacity stadium on the back fields at Murrayfield was Wallace Mercer's idea.  

You are obviously stuck for any clear answers to questions 1, 2 or 3.

Edited by Mick Arthur

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Budge putting blind faith in Levein as he dragged us down is what has killed us this season. 

Budges “Levein is doing a great job” comment at the end of August still haunts me. 

Yup. That comment was unbelievable.

The scariest part for me was that I actually fully believed that she meant it 

Not the mindset that you needed displayed from your big chief and given what had been and gone in the past 

To my mind the buck must stop with those who made the decision at the end of last season to carry on with  Levein at the helm. That was the pivotal moment leading to the hellish position we currently find ourselves in. What’s needed now though is maximum effort by everyone associated with the club to ensure we climb out of our current position. Recriminations can wait till the end of the season.

36 minutes ago, ford donald said:

I am not convinced,sure he has changed our tactics,which are better,have results improved? JP our keeper is a total flapper,

Worst I have seen at Hearts,yet he is persisting with him,why?

Not the worst I’ve seen but very poor and should be dropped. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
43 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

1. Is utter bollocks - FoH have contributed towards the new stand. The rest has been funded by the club and benefactors. Ann Budge has been paid off except the 100K for her shareholding.

10 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

The on field tactics are a direct result of the decisions she has made.

She keeps making the wrong ones, in any other business she would be launched.

Can you get fired from your own business?

Park Budge and Levein ... is it someone else?

Yes, Daniel Stendel. 

If he can't save us from the drop with the number of games that he had remaining to him and the squad that he has then he's failed.

Pure and simple.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not the worst I’ve seen but very poor and should be dropped. 

Interesting. Who would you say was the worst keeper you've seen play for Hearts Dave?

43 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

1. Our debt is about £1m ( maybe a wee bit more now ) and nothing lime £20m. 
2. they wanted to be anonymous and that’s their right. The FoH board has no right to know who they are but may do so. I imagine that club board know who they are.

3. No. Budge’s shares ( and mine plus the other minority shareholders )are separate from the FoH majority holding of 75.1% which is what the supermajority refers to. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1. Is utter bollocks - FoH have contributed towards the new stand. The rest has been funded by the club and benefactors. Ann Budge has been paid off except the 100K for her shareholding.

Answer the question.

How many more years before the FOH stadium payment is cleared by fans' direct debits ? 

Ms Budge invested not one penny towards the stand and the anon donations were obviously to keep the clubs accounts in the black to show no debt.

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Interesting. Who would you say was the worst keeper you've seen play for Hearts Dave?

Kurskis was appalling but it was Romanov time so  he’s a random outlier. Of those that got a lot of games I would say Ray Dunlop. Like Joel he was fond of palming it out to opposition players. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

1. Our debt is about £1m ( maybe a wee bit more now ) and nothing lime £20m. 

"Our debt" 

Do you mean the Club or FOH ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Mick Arthur said:

Answer the question.

How many more years before the FOH stadium payment is cleared by fans' direct debits ? 

Ms Budge invested not one penny towards the stand and the anon donations were obviously to keep the clubs accounts in the black to show no debt.

What are you on about? We are not paying anything for the stadium.