Park Budge and Levein ... is it someone else?

MCW1976

I’m maybe clutching at straws here. Probably am; however, if it’s not Budge (some maintain it is) and if it’s not Levein (now that he’s away from the dugout, at least), is there another personality at the club who is causing a problem throughout the football team?

It happens in the world of work, football being no different.

I have suspicions that there’s more to all this.

Maybe this is what hurting does to your soul?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Hot since 86

• Beast Boy

• Mick Arthur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I’m maybe clutching at straws here. Probably am; however, if it’s not Budge (some maintain it is) and if it’s not Levein (now that he’s away from the dugout, at least), is there another personality at the club who is causing a problem throughout the football team?

Cursed don't worry about it. 

Haringshairband

I think it's a perfect storm of absolute incompetence from the top down. This recruiting players who have "the right mentality" seems to be the main issue in my opinion. Recruit players who actually can play football not because they fancy doing a bachelor's degree in sociology and charity.

lost in space

I always talk up hearts fans and say we are smarter and not bigoted - but it is getting harder to defend hearts fans.

BLAME - it is not one person to blame. Sorry - easier for thickest fans to blame one person.

Budge /Levein/Murray/fitness coach/injuries/players selection/ player attitude - all are to blame.

We are where we are. Need to move on.

Will we escape relegation? Nobody knows.

Is it helpful to blame one person? - You would have to be a bit thick to think so.

Move on!!

Aye it’s voodoo magic.

It’s Budge! 

kens **** all about football by her own admission and still apparently calling the shots.

Any sign of that crucial sporting director yet?

The fans (members) deserve better than this shit show.

8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I always talk up hearts fans and say we are smarter and not bigoted - but it is getting harder to defend hearts fans.

BLAME - it is not one person to blame. Sorry - easier for thickest fans to blame one person.

Budge /Levein/Murray/fitness coach/injuries/players selection/ player attitude - all are to blame.

We are where we are. Need to move on.

Will we escape relegation? Nobody knows.

Is it helpful to blame one person? - You would have to be a bit thick to think so.

Move on!!

If this was a business would you not blame the CEO? Chairperson? At least the board?

If we are now run by such a sterling, top of the pops business woman she needs to take the flak. Step forward, be accountable and take appropriate action.

Or..you know...at least have some sort of strategy everyone is aligned behind.

2 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

If this was a business would you not blame the CEO? Chairperson? At least the board?

If we are now run by such a sterling, top of the pops business woman she needs to take the flak. Step forward, be accountable and take appropriate action.

Her on field tactics seemed to be flawed tonight. 🙄

Just now, davemclaren said:

The on field tactics are a direct result of the decisions she has made.

She keeps making the wrong ones, in any other business she would be launched.

Just now, Hot since 86 said:

The on field tactics are a direct result of the decisions she has made.

She keeps making the wrong ones, in any other business she would be launched.

So appointing Stendel was wrong?

Certainly looks that way.

Either way she isn’t qualified to make that decision. The more important one (which I think she acknowledged?) was getting a director of football.

At least then we might have some accountability and expertise. No?

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This. When all else fails blame “Budge” 😴

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Certainly looks that way.

Either way she isn’t qualified to make that decision. The more important one (which I think she acknowledged?) was getting a director of football.

At least then we might have some accountability and expertise. No?

I think a Director of Football is a more long term appointment given where we currently are. Stendel can be judged once we know where we are playing next season. It’s not been a dream start though. 

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

This. When all else fails blame “Budge” 😴

Interested your hear your thoughts to my replies to Dave.

There is a lot of things wrong with this club. Hopefully we can start to address them, otherwise we are ****ed.

19 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Don't think its Donald shame to include him :whistling:

This is Donald parks last week with this club. He is leaving to look after his grandson. 

lost in space

Of course CEO takes ULTIMATE blame - but other factors are very relevant. Eg - was it reasonable for her to trust Levein? I think, in her position, it was as she took control of stand build. She was let down.

Since Murray had been in post for years and fitness coach was well thought of and has gone on to bigger club - difficult blame Budge.

Blaming Levein - he seemed to sign decent players (Halkett/Damour etc).

All very well to blame Budge but others are culpable.

Can anyone really blame her for signing players that the majority of fans thought would be great - Man U keeper, Man City winger/ Aston villa midfielder etc.

Can't blame CEO when most of us thought plans were good.

I think a Director of Football is a more long term appointment given where we currently are. Stendel can be judged once we know where we are playing next season. It’s not been a dream start though. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Mine is this is weak. Our budget and fan support do not merit a Championship side. Questions need asked and changes need to be made. There is no structure or direction within the club.

“Let’s see if we are relegated then appoint someone else”

Great strategy.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Mine is this is weak. Our budget and fan support do not merit a Championship side. Questions need asked and changes need to be made. There is no structure or direction within the club.

“Let’s see if we are relegated then appoint someone else”

Great strategy.

So we should appoint a new manager now? 😳

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Of course CEO takes ULTIMATE blame - but other factors are very relevant. Eg - was it reasonable for her to trust Levein? I think, in her position, it was as she took control of stand build. She was let down.

Since Murray had been in post for years and fitness coach was well thought of and has gone on to bigger club - difficult blame Budge.

Blaming Levein - he seemed to sign decent players (Halkett/Damour etc).

All very well to blame Budge but others are culpable.

Can anyone really blame her for signing players that the majority of fans thought would be great - Man U keeper, Man City winger/ Aston villa midfielder etc.

Can't blame CEO when most of us thought plans were good.

Good grief.

She is meant to have oversight, what ****ing job was she doing if ALL of this has went tits up!

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Possibly

Allowing Levein to mismanaged for so long has left a legacy for any successor.

Exhibit A-Doyle

Exhibit B-Zlamal

Exhibit C-Pereira

So we should appoint a new manager now? 😳

No. We should have a director of football to run our football operations. Everything top down.

Let Stendel worry about the first team and have someone with a bit of nous who is accountable for what goes on!

The fact this is a strange concept is ****ing bizzare. Look at everything that had went wrong in the last few years and ask yourself if we had a good knowledgeable football director in place if it would have happened. 

Just now, tolcross lad said:

Possibly

Allowing Levein to mismanaged for so long has left a legacy for any successor.

Exhibit A-Doyle

Exhibit B-Zlamal

Exhibit C-Pereira

So it wouldn’t matter who was appointed?

Just now, Hot since 86 said:

No. We should have a director of football to run our football operations. Everything top down.

Let Stendel worry about the first team and have someone with a bit of nous who is accountable for what goes on!

The fact this is a strange concept is ****ing bizzare. Look at everything that had went wrong in the last few years and ask yourself if we had a good knowledgeable football director in place if it would have happened. 

I doubt that Stendel sees a Director of Football as a priority at the moment. He has a squad and he needs to work with that until the end of the season. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Good grief.

She is meant to have oversight, what ****ing job was she doing if ALL of this has went tits up!

Hindsight is great isn't it?

How was she supposed to know that experienced pros like Damour and Whelan were going to be awful?

So much easier to blame.

Did you complain when we signed them???

Just now, vegas-voss said:

We are shite it's as simple as that.

Pack it up lads. No point trying anything, just accept we are shite.

I doubt that Stendel sees a Director of Football as a priority at the moment. He has a squad and he needs to work with that until the end of the season. 

Good to see he now runs the club.

Thats kind of the problem right there is it not?

Just now, lost in space said:

Hindsight is great isn't it?

How was she supposed to know that experienced pros like Damour and Whelan were going to be awful?

So much easier to blame.

Did you complain when we signed them???

She isn’t. She’s meant to delegate, you know - her ****ing job?

Let’s not lose our shit.  Biggest games of the season coming up,  I’ll reserve judgement until after that.  Levien’s mess was never going to be sorted out in one transfer window.

CL just being there is a problem. He still has a say probably not in first team affairs but behind that he does. IMO Budge is the problem for not dealing with him. 

Good to see he now runs the club.

Thats kind of the problem right there is it not?

Not sure what you mean, to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Pack it up lads. No point trying anything, just accept we are shite.

There is no point looking for theories we are what we are.I hope we have enough to drag us out of the mire cause quite frankly what is just above us is shite also.We then rebuild in the summer or if we are relegated we still rebuild in the summer.

Edited by vegas-voss

The damage done by Craig Levein and his cronies is deep rooted, and won't be an overnight fix by any stretch of the imagination. Stendel will need a bit of time to fix this crock of shit.

1 hour ago, MCW1976 said:

They should never have built the new stand on that ancient Apache burial ground.

Does anyone have the number for Scooby doo?

The damage done by Craig Levein and his cronies is deep rooted, and won't be an overnight fix by any stretch of the imagination. Stendel will need a bit of time to fix this crock of shit.

What is with the fascination among the support to play the blame game and point the finger. It's really tiring and actually putting me off what I love most, supporting Hearts.

We've all been over certain ground so many times, and pointed the finger at everyone there is as to why we're in this situation. Since then, we haven't got worse, just haven't improved drastically either. If we get relegated, then yes, we can go over it all again if it comforts people. Until then, let's just keep the faith in Stendel and the players and get to safety. 

Budge, Levein, Cathro, the coaches, probably the medical department. All complicit in this mess over the past 3 years. 
some of the players signed , the length of contracts given, the tactics - we could go on. It’s been an absolute clusterfeck that has just snowballed out of control.

A time when FOH contributions have been immense, backing of benefactors has been immense.  It’s absolutely horrifying.

buck stops at Ann Budge for her unwavering suppport in Craig Levein and giving him a free reign on absolutely everything. He has single handily wrecked this club to a point where we are faced with relegation and all that goes with it.

Stendell , I don’t blame whatsoever. He has inherited a shambles. He may well get us out of this but it’ll likely be by the skin of our teeth 

lost in space

She isn’t. She’s meant to delegate, you know - her ****ing job?

We signed players like Halkett/pereira/Meshino/Damour/Whelan.

I was excited by these signings. Was there anybody who wasn't?

Are you seriously blaming the CEO for highly regarded signings??

Recruitment/injuries/fitness/attitude are a factors in where we are.

If it is part of your personality to want to blame/Hate a particular person - carry on.

35 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

But I thought Stendel was the answer to all our problems?

In Stendel we trust is a phrase that has been used a lot.

Well Budge does,was her choice.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

We signed players like Halkett/pereira/Meshino/Damour/Whelan.

I was excited by these signings. Was there anybody who wasn't?

Are you seriously blaming the CEO for highly regarded signings??

Recruitment/injuries/fitness/attitude are a factors in where we are.

If it is part of your personality to want to blame/Hate a particular person - carry on.

Be honest with you only one that excited me was Meshino.