Is it time for a re-think?/Plan B

Hood09

5 hours ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

Absolutely stinking in here tonight 

Isn't half eh?

A defeat against Celtic away and people are losing their s***. The chances of getting a result were always next to nowt. Some of these reactions are embarrassing

Saturday is the important one, a must win and if we do we should hopefully kick on from that and get ourselves up the table

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheTrumpet

• Beast Boy

• colinmaroon

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Typical ranting nonsense from a pious, holier than thou type. Enjoy your boasted about work with the needy. Nothing like a humblebrag eh?

You have no idea!  Holier than thou?  Of all the shite you've spouted that shows your ignorance of me and the faith you mock.  As usual, speaking from a position of complete paucity of any understanding.

The point has come to shake off the dust and leave you to wallow in your judgemental, hypocritical ignorance.

I will pray for mercy.  It's up to Him.

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who?

Give you three guesses.  Clue in that number and I'm obviously not talking about myself.

The Old Tolbooth

I worry about the sanity of people on here, I really do! 

If anyone thought that the deep rooted carnage that was left behind by Levein, Budge, and the rest of their cronies was going to be fixed within ten games, one January transfer window, and zero budget, then they need locking up! Stendel needs time to get things together, he's been working with pretty much two hands tied behind his back at all times since coming here, and yet some arseholes are blaming him! 

My only criticism of the guy is that he doesn't drop Periera, because this keeper is single handedly going to relegate us with his mistakes, and every time he makes one, you can visibly see the defence lose all confidence, and it's now EVERY game! 

Stendel has a long term plan but he needs time to implement it, he can't do it with the trash he has at his disposal right now. 

9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

You have no idea!  Holier than thou?  Of all the shite you've spouted that shows your ignorance of me and the faith you mock.  As usual, speaking from a position of complete paucity of any understanding.

The point has come to shake off the dust and leave you to wallow in your judgemental, hypocritical ignorance.

I will pray for mercy.  It's up to Him.

Only one person doing the judging here Colin. I hope you show more compassion to your flock, you seem awfully quick to temper and start name calling. 

I'll not pray for you as there is absolutely no point in praying to something that isn't there.

33 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Is this honestly where we are at aye?  Folk now talking of sacking Daniel?  Well if that's the case I will take it one further, if Stendel get's sacked Levein will be back in as caretaker.  Honestly, this place is crackers.  Hamilton are mince, this place was will be wanting a contract extension for Daniel by Sat night once we beat them.

Got to stick by him the majority were happy with this appointment.It was always a huge risk to bring a manager in who would completely try to change the way we play in the midst of a relegation battle but we done it so we have to run with it and hope we do enough to keep us up then rebuild.Either way a rebuild is coming in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yesterday, the popular phrase about last night’s game was free hit !

Evidently not in JKB land !

The complete thrashings we take from Celtic every season are always conviently forgotten.

I think we have to stick together  both fans/team and team/manager. The root of where we are now lies squarely at the door of  AB she and she alone allowed CL to continue managing Hearts into another season when it was plain he was the problem and had to go... you reap what you sow.

A new manager was brought in too late the damage was already done and the team sucked dry of any confidence, even a win against Rangers has not lifted them. Up until now I have been confident we will get through this season and restructure next season but what has become very apparent now is that the game on Saturday is a definitive must win game. If we win we will not only lift ourselves off the bottom we will be two points ahead with a game the next again week maybe giving us a chance to do the same again. However losing for me opens up another wound that would be very difficult to overcome going four points behind takes things to another level. Fist things first though ditch the goalie and start winning on Saturday!

27 minutes ago, Boab said:

Place is a nut house bud. Don't get me wrong I am becoming a bit un-nerved myself I did not expect a 5 zip doing , in fact I was almost certain we would get beat but one thing I was hoping for was to avoid a doing. Anyway you are right we move on to games that are absolutely key.

10 hours ago, TWF said:

Not sure what mathematical formula you are using to justify this statement, plenty of points to play for.

Not based on maths, but on form. Hamilton and St Mirren are showing some decent form by their own standards, we are not. Our results haven't improved, and our performances don't indicate we are turning a corner yet. Personally, I can't see us escaping from this situation, but hope I'm wrong on this. Saturday will tell us a lot.

39 minutes ago, Boab said:

No free hits in a relegation battle. Getting your goals difference wiped out when you are a point adrift at the bottom of the table is absolute madness.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, south morocco said:

It’s simply about finding a balance. We have to be pragmatic and tweak this  system to win some games and stay up. All the other stuff is irrelevant now quite frankly. Time has run out for fxxxxing about. If we can stay up then fine, get some players in during the summer and regroup. If not then I don’t know what’ll happen... 

Pretty much says it all. Whatever style Stendel is employing just now it's clearly not working, never mind 5 goals conceded v Ceptic, 6 goals down v St J & Killie should have have alarm bells ringing. As the man above had said; there ha's to be a balance found. Also correct in saying that we cannot mess about any longer as time is not on our side, we need RESULTS fast. 

As an aside, talk of Stendel being sacked now is premature but he must see he has to use his managerial nouse to start getting us winning & specifically tightening up at the back.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

We expect to lose against Celtic, we shouldn't be we do. However there's the way you lose that can effect a players confidence. Playing well and losing 1-0, 2-1 or whatever can be considered not a bad loss, a 4/5/6-0 thrashing is a disgrace, especially for a club that has the biggest support outside the old firm. If clubs like St Johnstone, Hamilton, Livingston or whoever can get an unexpected point or three against them now and again then there's something far wrong. I still believe Hearts are seen as one of the top clubs in Scotland (despite our league position) to Celtic and they raise their game a little more against us than they would against the likes of a St Johnstone-type club. There's no way clubs like them with no money should be able to do better against them than us. We are consistently bad at Parkhead to the point it's embarrassing! That said, our record against most clubs away from home is an utter embarrassment. 

We need to be more solid at the back.It is possible to play a pressing game without being so exposed.Have defensive line drop deeper and soak up the long balls and retain possesion.We should not be exposed so much by simple route one football.

I'm not talking about Celtic game last night just in general how we have been under Stendel.

Edited by vegas-voss

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

No free hits in a relegation battle. Getting your goals difference wiped out when you are a point adrift at the bottom of the table is absolute madness.

I was meaning on here, not on the park.

Just now, jock _turd said:

Place is a nut house bud. Don't get me wrong I am becoming a bit un-nerved myself I did not expect a 5 zip doing , in fact I was almost certain we would get beat but one thing I was hoping for was to avoid a doing. Anyway you are right we move on to games that are absolutely key.

At half time, all the chat was about another saveable shot but there were signs that it wouldn’t be a hosing.

Second half they came out as if it was the first time they’d all met. Desperate, mate.

Went after the 4th. Grim.

I’m still behind Stendel think his tactics with a full pre season and a few new players could see us kick on and higher up the table but if Neil McCann got the job and had won 1 league game in 10 games we would be calling for his head and rightly so. Next 2 games are massive if we do the unthinkable and lose these games then a think we have got to consider a change...would love for Stendel to succeed and with a full pre season a think he would but right now we need experience and that dog fight attitude.

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Isn't half eh?

A defeat against Celtic away and people are losing their s***. The chances of getting a result were always next to nowt. Some of these reactions are embarrassing

Saturday is the important one, a must win and if we do we should hopefully kick on from that and get ourselves up the table

:spoton:We haven't one a league game at Celtic for ages what makes people think Stendel could change that in the short time he has been here. Regroup,refocus and get three points against Hamilton.

He needs to tweak it for the next 12 games , definitely. 

A front 4 of Clare , Boyce   Naisy and Connor , supplemented with Uche , Jamie , Donis and Mishu is more than good enough . Probability as good as any outside Celtic and Rangers . 

Let the other 6 defend . 2 holding mids and a back 4 of Smith , Soottar , Halkett and Hickey from now on in Change the goalkeeper. 

Its that simple 

12 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Can you write a sentence without reference to budge? Wouldn’t surprise me if you blamed the closure of the queensferry crossing on her. 

Don't get him started - there's a "woman" involved with the bridge, too. 

12 hours ago, Dayman said:

You play one game of fives and you think you’re a football expert 

An expert in blaming women for everything, maybe.

12 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Feckin joke that we are this state. We have been going back the way the best part of 3 years now. Given the money that is pumped into this club by fans and benefactors ect this is total mismanagement of the highest level and anyone who thinks different is deluded. This club needs cleansed starting at the top. Teams like Livingston Kilmarnock St Johnstone have a fraction of our budget but are sitting more comfortable than us. Worrying times. 

It's Motherwell who, very irritatingly, seem to set a regular benchmark of having strong campaigns despite having modest budgets. I agree we really should see a better return for the budget we have.

12 hours ago, JohnDS said:

Can anyone explain the reluctance to drop the goalkeeper, has Zamal  done something could he be on the naught step.

it could cause us to be relegated and cost him his job

his stubbornness is strange, surely he cannot be coaching the goalkeeper to punch shots straight back out to the penalty spot

I'm guessing Joel is decent in training and just crashes after the first flap during a game. Also, he is useful on the ground starting us playing - something the other keepers probably don't have. But to be honest I'd sacrifice that for a stopper like Bobby and accept the occasional brain-phart from him over Joel's 3 in a ****ing single game. He has to change the keeper now, there is simply no choice.

12 hours ago, richiehmfc said:

We haven’t won at parkhead in 11 years. 
We have conceded 4 goals or more on 7 occasions in that time
We matched them first half And at least had a go. 
Tonight is not the barometer for me but he needs a win on Saturday 

But for a keeper flap that was 0-0 and a lot of encouragement at HT.  Second quick goal after HT, though, and you could see the heads go down; after that was a matter of how many as those manky *******s never ease up against us like they settle against other sides. 

I’m far from convinced that we’d fare any better with different tactics. When every shot on target ends up in the net there’s not much tactics can do to help us other than trying to outscore the opposition.

A good keeper would have save 3, perhaps as many as 5, of the 6 goals we lost against Saints and Killie. There is the problem.

11 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What improvements have you seen in us?

We're more attacking and creating more chances. Stendel has got rid of the dross, such as mclean, mulraney etc. We're far better to watch than we were under levein.  I think everyone can see that.

The way we play leaves us too exposed at the back, which needs to be looked at. Hamilton on saturday will be a better gauge of how we're doing than celtic away.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We're more attacking and creating more chances. Stendel has got rid of the dross, such as mclean, mulraney etc. We're far better to watch than we were under levein.  I think everyone can see that.

The way we play leaves us too exposed at the back, which needs to be looked at. Hamilton on saturday will be a better gauge of how we're doing than celtic away.

Yeh I agree we are better to watch 

but our defence is shocking 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

We need to be more solid at the back.It is possible to play a pressing game without being so exposed.Have defensive line drop deeper and soak up the long balls and retain possesion.We should not be exposed so much by simple route one football.

I'm not talking about Celtic game last night just in general how we have been under Stendel.

One of the problems is we have zero pace in the team.  Last night you would think would have lended itself to the pressing you suggest but to do that you need a front 3 with pace.  We badly need to inject pace into the team moving forward.  

12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The last 15 months show that we don’t pick up many points.  I’m guessing it’s that fact rather than any mathematical formula.  And the fact we’re absolute pish.

13 months of that time we suffered under Levein and his cohorts. Have  you honestly not seen any changes that would, tied in with the number of points  still to play for, provide some possibilities for the rest of the season? 

2 hours ago, tynewater said:

Not based on maths, but on form. Hamilton and St Mirren are showing some decent form by their own standards, we are not. Our results haven't improved, and our performances don't indicate we are turning a corner yet. Personally, I can't see us escaping from this situation, but hope I'm wrong on this. Saturday will tell us a lot.

St Johnstone are probably the benchmark for us. Previous to their recent run of form they were absolute mince. It just goes to show what a few good results can achieve. We have time and points to correct our position, starting as you say with Saturdays v. Hamilton 

1 hour ago, jambokev said:

:spoton:We haven't one a league game at Celtic for ages what makes people think Stendel could change that in the short time he has been here. Regroup,refocus and get three points against Hamilton.

What about torn apart second half in Perth, 3-0 down at home to Killie, battered by Falkirk second half and 5 going on 8 against a Celtic who didn’t even get out of first gear last night?   That’s the last four games and you think it’s an over reaction??  It’s the posters that come to that conclusion that are more dangerous than people voicing concerns. 

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It was said elsewhere - Sergio came in and tried his fancy Portuguese shit (seems to be a theme here) - it didn’t work either with the shite we had or in our league.

He changed style and we picked up

Stendel needs to show he is more than

a one trick pony 

Also if there is a financial sanction for not playing Joel - ****ING PAY IT

Jesus we are not a charity and the ehole

Complexion of our club and squad changes if we are relegated let alone the money we lose and the fire sale we have to have

That shop front needs dropped and needs to be given Budge flu 

I love what Stendel is trying to do but let’s face it it is not working - he needs to work out what to do to ensure 2 wins from 2 games or we are ****ed

If the are both 1-0 and we Only have one shot on target each game so be it. Job done.

Hamilton and st midden twice " we need 8 points minimum.....

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

And other teams have been doing us favours for weeks ? But we seem to gift goals like f....k,were not doing our selves any favours !          This has to stop saturday and onwards .......

DS is I’m starting to fear the right appointment at the the wrong time. His style of football while very entertaining in bits is just not what’s needed in our current predicament in fact at times it’s borderline kamikaze. 

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It was said elsewhere - Sergio came in and tried his fancy Portuguese shit (seems to be a theme here) - it didn’t work either with the shite we had or in our league.

He changed style and we picked up

Stendel needs to show he is more than

a one trick pony 

Also if there is a financial sanction for not playing Joel - ****ING PAY IT

Jesus we are not a charity and the ehole

Complexion of our club and squad changes if we are relegated let alone the money we lose and the fire sale we have to have

That shop front needs dropped and needs to be given Budge flu 

I love what Stendel is trying to do but let’s face it it is not working - he needs to work out what to do to ensure 2 wins from 2 games or we are ****ed

If the are both 1-0 and we Only have one shot on target each game so be it. Job done.

Correct,just grind out six f....g points !👍👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🤞🤞🤞

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

And other teams have been doing us favours for weeks ? But we seem to gift goals like f....k,were not doing our selves any favours !          This has to stop saturday and onwards .......

It’s absolute insanity. It’s like we’ve gone from a reluctance to attack, to a reluctance to defend. Call me old fashioned but is it too much to expect us to do both?

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Isn't half eh?

it’s the regression in progress over the last 3 or 4 games that is my problem - and The Joel issue

5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

My only criticism of the guy is that he doesn't drop Periera, because this keeper is single handedly going to relegate us with his mistakes, and every time he makes one, you can visibly see the defence lose all confidence, and it's now EVERY game! 

Your only criticism on its own is enough to condemn Stendel. As you say could single handedly relegate us but that isn't enough for you to question Stendel?

6 hours ago, ramrod said:

He needs to tweak it for the next 12 games , definitely. 

A front 4 of Clare , Boyce   Naisy and Connor , supplemented with Uche , Jamie , Donis and Mishu is more than good enough . Probability as good as any outside Celtic and Rangers . 

Let the other 6 defend . 2 holding mids and a back 4 of Smith , Soottar , Halkett and Hickey from now on in Change the goalkeeper. 

Its that simple 

That team would be annihilated. 

11 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

That team would be annihilated. 

Supplemented means coming of the bench to add the the attacking options you idiot 😂

19 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No.the only rethink is removing joel.

If he doesnt we deserve to know why.

Good point although I doubt we will be told.

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Good point although I doubt we will be told.

Why no?  It’s not as if DS made the deal?

Why go for Gordon too if he couldn’t play because of this Man Utd contract pish either?  Makes no sense. 

32 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Supplemented means coming of the bench to add the the attacking options you idiot 😂

Yes I know that, but your selection of 4 attackers with 2 defensive mids (of the calibre Stendal has) would be overran by pretty much every team in the league.

20 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go

Haha

19 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl:

FFS, the time for reflection and navel gazing is over. We need to pull together for the next 12 games and focus every effort on staying up. Then, after Game 38, we can change everything that we want to. For now, let's get behind the team as we have no other choice.

Stopped at this post as spot on

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Yes I know that, but your selection of 4 attackers with 2 defensive mids (of the calibre Stendal has) would be overran by pretty much every team in the league.

So 

Zamal

Smith.    Halkett    Souttar Hickey 

Langer.     Sibbick 

Clare.       Naismith.    Connor 

Boyce 

would be over run by pretty much every team in the league . 

Would it aye  😂

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

So 

Zamal

Smith.    Halkett    Souttar Hickey 

Langer.     Sibbick 

Clare.       Naismith.    Connor 

Boyce 

would be over run by pretty much every team in the league . 

Would it aye  😂

Yes. It would. I think you forget where Hearts are in the league, as though they're bottom by accident. It's most of those players that have got Hearts into this predicament. Now you think that line up will magically turn it around?

And you had the cheek to call me an idiot?

You're deluded. 

Edited by TheTrumpet

7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Yes. It would. I think you forget where Hearts are in the league, as though they're bottom by accident. It's most of those players that have got Hearts into this predicament. Now you think that line up will magically turn it around?

And you had the cheek to call me an idiot?

You're deluded. 

You're an idiot , it's common knowledge around here . 

The Barnsley fans on this forum have already revealed that Stendel will not deviate from his principles no matter what. Worrying if true.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Flimsy said:

The Barnsley fans on this forum have already revealed that Stendel will not deviate from his principles no matter what. Worrying if true.

As an aside, did we have Robbie acolytes blowing smoke up his arse on MK Dons forums?