Is it time for a re-think?/Plan B

Hood09

6 minutes ago, tynewater said:

There is zero evidence so far that Stendel can stop us getting relegated. It was always going to be a big ask, given the abject form of the team over the previous12 months (6 league wins), but it's been a disappointing start for him, for sure. Crucial period coming up, but everything is still indicating we are going down. And we'll deserve it.

Not sure what mathematical formula you are using to justify this statement, plenty of points to play for.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheTrumpet

• Beast Boy

• colinmaroon

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought 5 nil flattered them a bit tonight. 

I've seen an improvement since stendel came in. We're on the right track. Away to celtic isnt the best game to judge how we're doing. Saturday will be. 

Just now, Paulp74 said:

I thought 5 nil flattered them a bit tonight. 

I've seen an improvement since stendel came in. We're on the right track. Away to celtic isnt the best game to judge how we're doing. Saturday will be. 

What improvements have you seen in us?

13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Thank goodness you were here to point that out. I genuinely feel lost without the guidance of an imaginary being who lives on a cloud and fishes for pixies with his long grey beard. Keep GodsApping me those holy updates Coco. 👍

Not only crap at sarcasm but intellectually bankrupt and bereft of an imagination you can call your own.

Should you not be in bed?

And PS - Grossly insulting.

There, you scored a hat trick of mediocrity.!

Edited by colinmaroon

8 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

There's an old saying better to be a lucky manager than a good one, we certainly haven't  had a lucky  one for some time.

I don’t think it was luck that saw our goal difference take an absolute pasting tonight.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Not only crap at sarcasm but intellectually bankrupt and bereft of an imagination you can call your own.

Should you not be in bed?

I am in bed, thanks for looking out for me though Coco.

NaturalOrder74

Hamilton is the game Stendel will be judged he’s had his transfer window he’s had his time to influence the team I’m not interested in the inevitable hammering at Celtic, but if we drop points at the weekend and go one win in 11 questions should be asked 

14 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I'm talking about the fans, here. Too many willing to accept failure, so it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

I really think you are exaggerating.  

Saying that, if the result went against tonight, is not accepting failure.  It is based on historical fact.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

I really think you are exaggerating.  

Saying that, if the result went against tonight, is not accepting failure.  It is based on historical fact.

Yes and as long as there is an acceptance of failure like yours then the historical facts will continue.

So if we sack DS who takes over till the end of the season ? 

Craig Levein ? 

Austin MacPhee ? 

Christoph Berra (is he still here ?) player Manager 🙄

5 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Hamilton is the game Stendel will be judged he’s had his transfer window he’s had his time to influence the team I’m not interested in the inevitable hammering at Celtic, but if we drop points at the weekend and go one win in 11 questions should be asked 

1 win in 10 = ok

1 win in 11 = questions?? 

Just now, luckydug said:

Craig Levein ? 

Austin MacPhee ? 

Austin macphee had a better record as manager when he was in charge for a short period of time 

perhaps him 

7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Yes and as long as there is an acceptance of failure like yours then the historical facts will continue.

There you go again!  Making things up!

I have never accepted failure in life or as a Hearts fan.  For example, tonight 5-0 down, I'm willing a couple of late goals for us to give me a lift.

I have and still go through all sorts of shit with an eternal optimism.

Serious health problems; my wife likewise; my daughter with progressive MS; and 6 years ago when I reached retirement age, I took on a small church and coming up on 73 years of age, I still fight the good fight.

Acceptance of failure, don't be so insulting!

PS If ever a "name" was most apt, you've got it.

Edited by colinmaroon

There’s no doubt we’re the worst team in the league, crap goalkeeper, weak defence, lightweight midfield easily brushed aside.

its not looking good but if he goes with the same goalie on Saturday we will lose 

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I have never accepted failure in life or as a Hearts fan.  For example, tonight 5-0 down, I'm willing a coule of late goals for us to give me a lift.

Serious health problems; my wife likewise; my daughter with progressive MS; and 6 years ago when I reached retirement age, I took on a small church and coming up on 73 years of age, I still fight the good fight.

Blah blah blah, I have zero interest in your private life, although as you brandish/force your faith upon people so it's hard to miss. You said that Hearts losing was based on historical fact, as though it was expected. As long as people expect it it will continue to happen.

Edited by TheTrumpet

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Craig Levein ? 

Austin MacPhee ? 

Rotate amongst squad.

Jambo diehard

We lost tonight because a few decent periods aside, and only a few, we played a better side at their ground, throw in a an expected goalie muck up and a couple letting them pass through us WAY too easily and it was inevitable

Getting into the region of last chance saloon if we lose to Hamilton, don't think we will though, think the players might pull one out the bag but the next 2-3 after that need us tae take a fee points as well, strangely positive for the weekend, let's see what happens 🤞

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, TWF said:

Not sure what mathematical formula you are using to justify this statement, plenty of points to play for.

The last 15 months show that we don’t pick up many points.  I’m guessing it’s that fact rather than any mathematical formula.  And the fact we’re absolute pish.

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

They didnt even have to suss it out. We seem to announce our tactics before every game

Yep.

Stendel: ‘We’re going to go to Parkhead and attack and try to win’.

Celtic: ‘Are you, aye?’

Amateur hour ... 

57 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I have never accepted failure in life or as a Hearts fan.  For example, tonight 5-0 down, I'm willing a couple of late goals for us to give me a lift.

We’re going to need some divine intervention, the way this season is panning out!

#PrayForHearts

EasternRossco
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Makes no difference. We are never going to be a winning club under Budge.  

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm going to post the above I've every time you post negatively about Budge. 

Just to show you what an incredibly insufferable, broken-recorded bore you are. I actually genuinely feel sorry for you. It's every single thread. Do you have no life whatsoever? 

47 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Blah blah blah, I have zero interest in your private life, although as you brandish/force your faith upon people so it's hard to miss. You said that Hearts losing was based on historical fact, as though it was expected. As long as people expect it it will continue to happen.

As your only interested in your own blinkered opinion, I wouldn't expect you to see that what you're trying to prove, and failing miserably  is that everyone who said it was a free hit tonight and the vital games are against the teams around us just now, are miserable failures.

You obviously have a PhD in failure.  You shove your crass opinion down the throats of those you call miserable failures and you fail to see the irony of accusing me of forcing (what a laugh that is) my faith on you, because I just mention it.

You are perfect example of the new Bolshevism of the "Me! Me" culture who insist on tolerance while displaying the deep rooted intolerance of the age.  "Every opinion is valuable, as long as it doesn't disagree with mine."

That's you in your little bubble, totally blind to the fact you could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm off to my lip as I'll  be working with folks tomorrow who have real needs.

PS  I'll also have a word that He'll not give you what we all deserve.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’re going to need some divine intervention, the way this season is panning out!

#PrayForHearts

Perhaps that's exactly what's happening with the crap He has to put up with on here?

portobellojambo1

There is no way of determining how that game could have or would have panned out if we had gone in at HT with the score still at 0-0. Chances are we may still have lost but you just never know. But I'll never work out why when a soft shot is fired at him a keeper would choose to parry it away rather than catch the ball and hang onto it. I realise we have been left in a situation where we don't have any keeper on the books that we have any great confidence in, but the keeper we have been using doesn't inspire any confidence in those in front of him. I do prefer that we are going into games and hoping to win them rather than what was happening before, which appeared to be lining up for and going into games expecting to lose and losing.

The season isn't over yet, the target remains the same, i.e. still being in this league when it starts again next season. The games on Saturday and next Friday are now pivotal to the remainder of this league season, we need to take a full 6 points from these two and look to build from there for the remainder of the league campaign (performances in the cup will be nothing more than a bonus).

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

As your only interested in your own blinkered opinion, I wouldn't expect you to see that what you're trying to prove, and failing miserably  is that everyone who said it was a free hit tonight and the vital games are against the teams around us just now, are miserable failures.

You obviously have a PhD in failure.  You shove your crass opinion down the throats of those you call miserable failures and you fail to see the irony of accusing me of forcing (what a laugh that is) my faith on you, because I just mention it.

You are perfect example of the new Bolshevism of the "Me! Me" culture who insist on tolerance while displaying the deep rooted intolerance of the age.  "Every opinion is valuable, as long as it doesn't disagree with mine."

That's you in your little bubble, totally blind to the fact you could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm off to my lip as I'll  be working with folks tomorrow who have real needs.

PS  I'll also have a word that He'll not give you what we all deserve.

Typical ranting nonsense from a pious, holier than thou type. Enjoy your boasted about work with the needy. Nothing like a humblebrag eh?

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Typical ranting nonsense from a pious, holier than thou type. Enjoy your boasted about work with the needy. Nothing like a humblebrag eh?

He may well have it "wrong" but there are two sides to that coin. A smidgen of respect would not go amiss.

Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

He may well have it "wrong" but there are two sides to that coin. A smidgen of respect would not go amiss.

He should practice what he preaches. And remove all that religious stuff from his profile. Every post you're confronted with his religious beliefs, what if I put my political beliefs on as a tag on my posts? What if someone uses this site and they've been a victim of abuse by a church organisation? They come on here to talk Hearts and are triggered every time they see Colin the Christian displaying his belief system? Is that respectful?

Religious chat should have no place on a football forum.

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

He should practice what he preaches. And remove all that religious stuff from his profile. Every post you're confronted with his religious beliefs, what if I put my political beliefs on as a tag on my posts? What if someone uses this site and they've been a victim of abuse by a church organisation? They come on here to talk Hearts and are triggered every time they see Colin the Christian displaying his belief system? Is that respectful?

Religious chat should have no place on a football forum.

Never looked at his profile but do see where you're coming from, just don't get why it would rile you so much. 

Colin is fervent in his belief and personally, I don't have a problem with it. Anyway, I know he can stick up for himself, if so inclined.

No biggie in my book.

21 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Never looked at his profile but do see where you're coming from, just don't get why it would rile you so much. 

Colin is fervent in his belief and personally, I don't have a problem with it. Anyway, I know he can stick up for himself, if so inclined.

No biggie in my book.

I'll tell you why I'm not keen on the Colin's of this world. Because I said that there were too many on here willing to call a trip to Glasgow a free hit, then he started banging on about his 'woe is me' life, I said I wasn't interested and went back to my original point which was football based, then Colin the great believer decided to launch a massive ad hom attack on me that had nothing to do with football but was absolutely riddled with his own weird prejudices (something about bolshevism...no idea). He then attempted to take the moral high ground by talking about his work with the needy etc.

I stuck to football Colin descended to personal abuse and self aggrandisement. He's like so many people I've met that purport to be christians, they are the least 'christian' people I've ever met, always ready to jump down someones throat when their archaic beliefs are challenged.

And I have no idea why this site allows such blatant religious propaganda as his tags on everyone of his posts. I for one could live without seeing it, and I'm sure there are others that don't feel the need to see that stuff on a football site.

Edited by TheTrumpet

4 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go

First time poster here, and by admission not a regular attendee at Tynecastle.

If the worst happens on Saturday, and the manager gets his jotters, who on earth can we get in at this hour?

HardcoreJambo

I'm not sure his tactics are working with the players he currently has. I'm waiting to see how we do against both Hamilton and St Mirren.

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

It goes both ways, Colin had a couple of digs at him earlier in the thread himself. If you don't want escalation, don't escalate. 

4 hours ago, HardcoreJambo said:

I'm not sure his tactics are working with the players he currently has. I'm waiting to see how we do against both Hamilton and St Mirren.

Both absolutely massive games for us and no less than 4pts or I fear we are done. As this thread title asks time for a plan B, I'm not sure we have one. Pressing the way we do is leaving us wide open and if we dont score 1st, face an uphill battle in any game. Having said that, Pereira is absolutely brutal and needs dropped. The amount of times he punches a shot that should be caught is unreal. Worrying times right now due to the amount of goals we are shipping

GK cost us the first goal again...He has to be dropped. I suspect Stendel doesn't think the others can play sweeper-keeper at all though. Bit of a quandry that.

Cannot believe people are calling for the manager's head - we've had this nonsense for 5 years straight now under 4 managers and a caretaker...

Stendel is the opposite of Levein - it was never going to be a simple transition.

Edited by Spellczech

9 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

This 'free hit' chat is shocking. GIving up before a ball is kicked. See it far too often here.

Correct!

7 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

You misunderstand completely.

Colin whom I have never met does not believe that he is holier than thou.

In fact, he believes the opposite.

I was there last night. Keeper cost us the first, poor marking the second. After that you’re up against a team miles ahead of us in quality who just picked us apart. But we kept going. A thing we haven’t done much at Parkhead. At least we don’t have to play them or Rangers again in the league this season.

Keeper is the best I’ve seen in the flesh with the ball at his feet but his saving is woeful. Problem is who do you bring in? Bobby and Doyle can hardly be brimming with confidence and have both made howlers when played previously.

I think we’ll do enough to stay up and have the summer to rebuild and go again. I’m enjoying watching us under Stendel 

It has been almost as bad a start as possible for Stendel. Rangers result has saved him - if it wasn't for a deflected Boyce shot we would be looking at a winless league campaign for Daniel.  He has inherited an almighty mess without a doubt, but his decision to bring Washington on yesterday was very, very worrying and has dented my confidence in him.  But we have no other choice than to back him and this current crop of players best we can to the end of the season. We cannot change managers again anyways so no point in getting on his back.

12 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I was there last night. Keeper cost us the first, poor marking the second. After that you’re up against a team miles ahead of us in quality who just picked us apart. But we kept going. A thing we haven’t done much at Parkhead. At least we don’t have to play them or Rangers again in the league this season.

Keeper is the best I’ve seen in the flesh with the ball at his feet but his saving is woeful. Problem is who do you bring in? Bobby and Doyle can hardly be brimming with confidence and have both made howlers when played previously.

I think we’ll do enough to stay up and have the summer to rebuild and go again. I’m enjoying watching us under Stendel 

Yes.

At the moment I would settle for 2nd bottom and the PO’s.

Edited by alfajambo

8 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Mentioning his faith isn’t forcing his opinions. And your lack of empathy for the problems in his life is very strange. Some people might say that your comments are more in line with those of a scumbag. Not that I’m calling you that😀

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
9 hours ago, JimCornette said:

True, but still think the disruption of sacking him would be worse than sticking with him st this stage.

Is this honestly where we are at aye?  Folk now talking of sacking Daniel?  Well if that's the case I will take it one further, if Stendel get's sacked Levein will be back in as caretaker.  Honestly, this place is crackers.  Hamilton are mince, this place was will be wanting a contract extension for Daniel by Sat night once we beat them.

It was said elsewhere - Sergio came in and tried his fancy Portuguese shit (seems to be a theme here) - it didn’t work either with the shite we had or in our league.

He changed style and we picked up

Stendel needs to show he is more than

a one trick pony 

Also if there is a financial sanction for not playing Joel - ****ING PAY IT

Jesus we are not a charity and the ehole

Complexion of our club and squad changes if we are relegated let alone the money we lose and the fire sale we have to have

That shop front needs dropped and needs to be given Budge flu 

I love what Stendel is trying to do but let’s face it it is not working - he needs to work out what to do to ensure 2 wins from 2 games or we are ****ed

If the are both 1-0 and we Only have one shot on target each game so be it. Job done.

Edited by Jammy T

south morocco

It’s simply about finding a balance. We have to be pragmatic and tweak this  system to win some games and stay up. All the other stuff is irrelevant now quite frankly. Time has run out for fxxxxing about. If we can stay up then fine, get some players in during the summer and regroup. If not then I don’t know what’ll happen...