• Beast Boy

• colinmaroon

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

We haven’t won at parkhead in 11 years. 
We have conceded 4 goals or more on 7 occasions in that time
We matched them first half And at least had a go. 
Tonight is not the barometer for me but he needs a win on Saturday 

Oh well, that’s me cheered right up, mate. When you put it like that, it’s actually a really good result.

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I wouldn’t mind if it was like a confidence type thing, like Clare. But everything Joel does is wrong, he is just a poor keeper. His positioning is wrong, his diving technique is wrong, his hands are made of rice paper, his decision making is wrong. He is hopeless. 

Honestly can't believe how consistently bad he is. I've never seen anything like it in near 50 years watching football. It, genuinely is getting to the point where at every corner or at every shot taken by the opposition I get a sick feeling in my stomach.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ah!  Hood09!

Quelle surprise!

As the Principal in Bible College used to say,

Έχεις την ανάσα ενός σκυλιού.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The biggest worry I think is the fact that teams like Hamilton and St Mirren are perennial strugglers and so season after season they know that they are going to have scrap for everything and have players who do that and who know what it means to scrap for everything. We on the other hand are novices in the end of season scrap fest and I'm not convinced that the players have it in them and I'm not sure if the manager realises that it's this type of play that we need and not the high press system that he wants the team to adopt. Get the team fighting and scrapping for everything, hopefully avoid relegation and then take the summer to try and perfect his way of playing and also hopefully work on a plan B and plan C if it's not working. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Honestly can't believe how consistently bad he is. I've never seen anything like it in near 50 years watching football. It, genuinely is getting to the point where at every corner or at every shot taken by the opposition I get a sick feeling in my stomach.

It is almost every shot we concede with him in goals. It’s bananas. 

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Oh well, that’s me cheered right up, mate. When you put it like that, it’s actually a really good result.

Sarcasm is a art that should be practiced by those who really know how to use it or it's just petty.

18 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

FFS, I hope none of the posters on this thread are manning the phones at the samaritans tonight

Hahaha, imagine.

Phone rings: "Hello Samaritans"

Caller: "I feel suicidal. I'm really down."

Hearts Samaritan: "Well let me stop you right there caller. I;m a Hearts fan and you think you've got problems....."

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Probably will soon. 

How are you doing by the way? Genuinely hope you are well. 👍

Cheers mate, I am all good thanks. 6 months have passed and I am able to drink again but still on the wagon. Team doing their best to change that! Hope you are well sir. 

22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Early days. Plenty of games left to play but aye, he needs to beat Hamilton and St Mirren. 

Better Hearts teams have been scudded by worse Celtic teams at Parkhead. 

We are simply not good enough to win both games. 
What’s with the constant tinkering of the team and formations also? 
We had enough of that with the other clown in charge. 
We still can’t seem to keep players fit either. 
If we don’t  win on Saturday Budge better start preparing us for life in the championship next season and probably without Stendel. 

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go

To say Stendel should go if he we lose to Accies is an overly emotional and erratic approach in my opinion. He can only urinate with genitals he's got.

Just now, JimCornette said:

To say Stendel should go if he we lose to Accies is an overly emotional and erratic approach in my opinion. He can only urinate with genitals he's got.

Boyce aside the players he has signed can’t even get onto the park!! 

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Glad I could help. Every cloud eh

Fozzyonthefence

Keeping JP in goals and zonal marking.  Bin both now please Daniel or we’re ****ed!

Might as well bring Berra back too because our defence is an absolute shambles!  I agree he had to be dropped but now we have nobody that can dominate in the air and look how many goals we’re conceding from corners now.

I'm guessing there is no Plan B!
Sincerely hope there is and it gets implemented on Saturday (please can we have a positive result for my birthday!)

55 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

We were always going to get pumped tonight, calm yourself doon!.

Haha! Every week and mid week after every game we get the calm yerself doon line! 

I have no problem with any fan losing it at what we’re witnessing unfold before our very eyes.  

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Haha! Every week and mid week after every game we get the calm yerself doon line! 

I have no problem with any fan losing it at what we’re witnessing unfold before our very eyes.  

Most games i would agree but really losing your shit about losing to celtic away? Oh the shock, we have never took a pumping there ever,  not even this season...

31 minutes ago, deejtee said:

In the black and white world of kickback no compromise is possible. However while I wouldn't dream of sacking Stendel now it would be stupid not to consider it if we are relegated. Celtic at Parkhead was a "free hit". Half the season was not.

This 'free hit' chat is shocking. GIving up before a ball is kicked. See it far too often here.

26 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

12 games and 5 points off safety there really isnt plenty games left.

Next two define us though 4 is a minimum.

1 point off 11th, 4 points off 10th with 36points to play for = plenty of games in my book. Especially when there is 12 points there to be won v both teams. 

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Boyce aside the players he has signed can’t even get onto the park!! 

True, but still think the disruption of sacking him would be worse than sticking with him st this stage.

YES

This group of players clearly cannot play this style of football and the keeper shouldn’t even be playing ****ing football.

Play the opponent and situation and show how good a manager you are. If Stendel’s a one trick pony we are down anyway.

The St J game was thrown away at half time and every game since has been shite.

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We are simply not good enough to win both games. 
What’s with the constant tinkering of the team and formations also? 
We had enough of that with the other clown in charge. 
We still can’t seem to keep players fit either. 
If we don’t  win on Saturday Budge better start preparing us for life in the championship next season and probably without Stendel. 

We'll see. I personally think he needs to reign in the baws out approach and have better game management. 

Rankeillor_hearts
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is quite a big deal. You do get that? She is destroying us more with everyday.

23 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If McCann ( or any other candidate) had been appointed rather than Stendel it’s hard to see how we could be in a worse position than we are.

People wanted a well thought out change, she delivered it.

We are in a bad position, nobody is surprised by tonight's result.

Neil McCann isn't and wasn't the answer.

Let's see what happens on sat, but kneejerk reactions won't fix it.

There are a lot of prejudiced views of the board, for many reasons, that I think would always surface, in a football environment.

There are positives and who knows, fix set plays, fix the goalie and we could flying.

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go

Starting to agree with you

he has won just one league game

even cathro was doing better 

PhoenixHearts
37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is quite a big deal. You do get that? She is destroying us more with everyday.

Budge may very well have a lot to answer for regarding complacency, stubbornness or whatever else, but please do enlighten us on what she is doing day to day in order for her to be accountable for the performance on the pitch?

She's not out there kicking the ball.

What do you propose she does right now to reverse it? Step down? Leave the team? Now, in the midst of a relegation fight with a team sapper of confidence desperately trying to adapt to a completely new approach to playing? 

You seem to have all the answers, so cough them up. 

I think the big problem isn't the support giving up on Stendel, that happens, but the players. 

Player do not like being sent out to go kamikaze, over the top if they know they can't defend that system. No-one, absolutely no-one wants to go to work and be hamstrung by a boss who refuses to see that his way or the highway isn't working. Players live for wins, not brave failures. At some point someone like Naismith or Smith with turn against Stendel's tactics and that will be that.

Stendel HAS to compromise, he just absolutely has to. The only thing that matters now is the next two games, they won't just define Hearts season but potentially the next two or three seasons. Time for some honest chat with pros like Naismith and Halkett who know this league and what it takes to win. Enough of the philosophy and high line, it's patently obvious there aren't the players for it.

14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Cheers mate, I am all good thanks. 6 months have passed and I am able to drink again but still on the wagon. Team doing their best to change that! Hope you are well sir. 

Good stuff. I am well, thanks.

Take care. 👍

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We'll see. I personally think he needs to reign in the baws out approach and have better game management. 

or, to put it differently, he needs to show he is a decent manager as clearly one win against a shoogly Rangers has not done it for me.

1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

This 'free hit' chat is shocking. GIving up before a ball is kicked. See it far too often here.

If you think they gave up before they started, your drunk as a skunk.

We aren't going to have any kind of rethink between now and May. Everyone needs to get right behind the club and do everything we can to help our club get out of the shit. 

If we go down he will have failed and if he stays up then we move onto next season and see what he can do with a clean slate.

He's had a disastrous start though. Kilmarnock, Hibs and St Johnston were in and around us when he was appointed and now they are 12-15 points ahead.

Just now, deejtee said:

or, to put it differently, he needs to show he is a decent manager as clearly one win against a shoogly Rangers has not done it for me.

This 

12 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

Maybe he needs to consider that the genitals he has aren't capable of doing what he wants them to do.

And then change what he asks them to do to something more attainable.

There is zero evidence so far that Stendel can stop us getting relegated. It was always going to be a big ask, given the abject form of the team over the previous12 months (6 league wins), but it's been a disappointing start for him, for sure. Crucial period coming up, but everything is still indicating we are going down. And we'll deserve it.

17 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Sarcasm is a art that should be practiced by those who really know how to use it or it's just petty.

Thank goodness you were here to point that out. I genuinely feel lost without the guidance of an imaginary being who lives on a cloud and fishes for pixies with his long grey beard. Keep GodsApping me those holy updates Coco. 👍

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If you think they gave up before they started, your drunk as a skunk.

I'm talking about the fans, here. Too many willing to accept failure, so it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

We aren't going to have any kind of rethink between now and May. Everyone needs to get right behind the club and do everything we can to help our club get out of the shit. 

If we go down he will have failed and if he stays up then we move onto next season and see what he can do with a clean slate.

He's had a disastrous start though. Kilmarnock, Hibs and St Johnston were in and around us when he was appointed and now they are 12-15 points ahead.

Proves that a few good results can easily turn things around

I've not seen all the goals tonight, but when was the last time we conceded a goal and you thought ' fair play that was a decent goal/move' ?

Every goal seems to be a basic error.

2 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Maybe he needs to consider that the genitals he has aren't capable of doing what he wants them to do.

And then change what he asks them to do to something more attainable.

No maybe about it. He needs to start getting results, and I couldn’t give a **** how pretty or attacking it looks.

Just now, Gambo said:

I've not seen all the goals tonight, but when was the last time we conceded a goal and you thought ' fair play that was a decent goal/move' ?

Every goal seems to be a basic error.

Two of the goals were scored after they passed through our entire team with three passes.

Under the floodlight

There's an old saying better to be a lucky manager than a good one, we certainly haven't  had a lucky  one for some time.