Is it time for a re-think?/Plan B

Hood09

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We look absolutely shite imo. 

Sorry if that upsets anyone, and I’ll be cheering us on every game etc... but we look utterly utterly shite. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly my point!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheTrumpet

• Beast Boy

• colinmaroon

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Stendel is a bad appointment but it was a dangerous appointment in the circumstances. Appointing a "philosophy" coach mid season was always going to be a big gamble and this was pointed out by a few people at the time. It takes time for players to learn how to play systems and our squad was lacking in the basics anyway. Pray we stay up and then we can properly judge Stendel next season. 

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Makes no difference. We are never going to be a winning club under Budge.  

You play one game of fives and you think you’re a football expert 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If we lose to Hamilton and St Mirren then he will walk.

Cant see any other outcome tbh.

I woukd think any less than a win and a draw in next 2 ,  may see a derby backlash.

Just now, Dayman said:

You play one game of fives and you think you’re a football expert 

Budge has never played a game of fives...

Early days. Plenty of games left to play but aye, he needs to beat Hamilton and St Mirren. 

Better Hearts teams have been scudded by worse Celtic teams at Parkhead. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can't even comprehend how stupid you'd need to be to think sacking Stendel right now would be a wise thing to do. 

Of course it isn’t. It would be mental.

He is however, failing miserably as our manager, and he needs to turn it around pronto.

Feckin joke that we are this state. We have been going back the way the best part of 3 years now. Given the money that is pumped into this club by fans and benefactors ect this is total mismanagement of the highest level and anyone who thinks different is deluded. This club needs cleansed starting at the top. Teams like Livingston Kilmarnock St Johnstone have a fraction of our budget but are sitting more comfortable than us. Worrying times. 

Stendel, I hate to say, is now risking the wrath of the support.

Quite simply, it doesn’t need Alex Ferguson to turn Hearts around in the amount of time DS has been here.

Results have been atrocious. No escaping that.

He continues to get my support, but more in hope than expectation.

Lose on Saturday, and he can kiss the honeymoon goodbye. He’ll be fighting for his job.

Can anyone explain the reluctance to drop the goalkeeper, has Zamal  done something could he be on the naught step.

it could cause us to be relegated and cost him his job

his stubbornness is strange, surely he cannot be coaching the goalkeeper to punch shots straight back out to the penalty spot

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly my point!

I don’t care what your point is, Thomaso. I’m a bit aggrieved that apparently you have posted something earlier on that I appear to be agreeing with.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can't even comprehend how stupid you'd need to be to think sacking Stendel right now would be a wise thing to do. 

In the black and white world of kickback no compromise is possible. However while I wouldn't dream of sacking Stendel now it would be stupid not to consider it if we are relegated. Celtic at Parkhead was a "free hit". Half the season was not.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We look absolutely shite imo. 

Sorry if that upsets anyone, and I’ll be cheering us on every game etc... but we look utterly utterly shite. 🤷‍♂️

The sad thing is we are utterly shite and it is very depressing watching this all unfold.

Posters still raging that Levein wasn’t sacked long long ago.  Raging won’t change anything about that though it might harm your blood pressure.

Stendel has effectively been given half a season to avoid relegation.  It’s not as if he’s having to do it with a squad of laddies and a 15 point deficit.  He’s brought players in and moved players out.  If he doesn’t avoid relegation, then it’s a failure.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t care what your point is, Thomaso. I’m a bit aggrieved that apparently you have posted something earlier on that I appear to be agreeing with.

Shit happens!

41 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go

Think levein is still around somewhere.

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This. 

Just now, JohnDS said:

Can anyone explain the reluctance to drop the goalkeeper, has Zamal  done something could he be on the naught step.

it could cause us to be relegated and cost him his job

his stubbornness is strange, surely he cannot be coaching the goalkeeper to punch shots straight back out to the penalty spot

Probably another Levein bonkers contract/loan arrangement with Man U. He’s probably guaranteed them he will play week in, week out ... come what may.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Early days. Plenty of games left to play but aye, he needs to beat Hamilton and St Mirren. 

Better Hearts teams have been scudded by worse Celtic teams at Parkhead. 

12 games and 5 points off safety there really isnt plenty games left.

Next two define us though 4 is a minimum.

It should have been ten
45 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go

:bolt:

We're all in with Stendel until we are safe or go down.

I honestly wonder about some of the knobs on here.

Edited by pablo

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

Posters still raging that Levein wasn’t sacked long long ago.  Raging won’t change anything about that though it might harm your blood pressure.

Stendel has effectively been given half a season to avoid relegation.  It’s not as if he’s having to do it with a squad of laddies and a 15 point deficit.  He’s brought players in and moved players out.  If he doesn’t avoid relegation, then it’s a failure.

Exactly this... we’ve got folk posting shite about not blaming him if we get relegated... 

What the actual **** is going on with our support here?

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nice to see you back posting again Mothy. Was thinking your hiatus was going to go on until we extricated ourselves from the relegation places... 

We haven’t won at parkhead in 11 years. 
We have conceded 4 goals or more on 7 occasions in that time
We matched them first half And at least had a go. 
Tonight is not the barometer for me but he needs a win on Saturday 

No. Plan A works, he just can’t continue with poppadom hands. 

St Johnston. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Killie. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Celtic. 7 shots on target, 5 goals. 

Everything we do starts from and comes from the keeper. He makes everyone nervous. We can’t stop teams creating chances, even Liverpool, Man City and the likes can’t do that. What they do have tho is a keeper that can at least protect their goal. Every shot is pretty much a goal with Joel. In 3 league games he’s faced 17 shots and conceded 11 goals. That is insane. 

I hope the board have got their contingency plan drawn incase we get relegated - they mentioned at the AGM that they didn’t have one yet but think it’s time they do !!

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Everything we do starts from and comes from the keeper. He makes everyone nervous. We can’t stop teams creating chances, even Liverpool, Man City and the likes can’t do that. What they do have tho is a keeper that can at least protect their goal. Every shot is pretty much a goal with Joel. In 3 league games he’s faced 17 shots and conceded 11 goals. That is insane. 

Totally feckin insane!!! 😡

Just now, Natural Orders said:

I hope the board have got their contingency plan drawn incase we get relegated - they mentioned at the AGM that they didn’t have one yet but think it’s time they do !!

It will be dereliction of duty if they do not now have a plan on place. 

A win on Saturday and we're back on track . 

Need to get into training tomorrow clear their heads and start the season from then . 

Changing the keeper would be a huge boost to the players and fans 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It's quite frightening when you read it like your mind didn't actually register it when you saw it live. He's genuinely costing us games and still getting picked. I'm all for allowing a player to make a mistake but it's feckin never ending.

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Thank feck Falkirk had 0 shots on target in the cup game.

Just now, Jamhammer said:

It's quite frightening when you read it like your mind didn't actually register it when you saw it live. He's genuinely costing us games and still getting picked. I'm all for allowing a player to make a mistake but it's feckin never ending.

I wouldn’t mind if it was like a confidence type thing, like Clare. But everything Joel does is wrong, he is just a poor keeper. His positioning is wrong, his diving technique is wrong, his hands are made of rice paper, his decision making is wrong. He is hopeless. 

I think his problem is the players mentality. How constantly bad do we have to be at starting the 2nd half for the manager to realise he’s got weak links?

Fingers crossed we stay up and he has the chance to rectify this in the summer.

In the short term he really needs to find a way to get the right reaction from this team at the beginning of the 2nd half. Maybe needs to work at a defensive shape to consolidate in the game and not give anything away cheap and too quickly to compensate for weak players. 

Just now, amadjambo said:

Thank feck Falkirk had 0 shots on target in the cup game.

He tried his very best in that game to cost us. Look at his diving position. He isn’t even in the goals. 

7F5CA397-C200-435D-AD54-9F22564A9DF1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Nice to see you back posting again Mothy. Was thinking your hiatus was going to go on until we extricated ourselves from the relegation places... 

Probably will soon. 

How are you doing by the way? Genuinely hope you are well. 👍

9 minutes ago, Coco said:

Is this the worst league start any Hearts manager has had?

Was Stendel your choice Colin? Just out of interest. 👍