Next two league games

ollie2004

4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Are folk forgetting we play both Hamilton and St Midden twice before the season is out?

Yes, I agree Saturday is massive and we really could do with the win...there are still plenty games to go....a lot against the teams around us.

We need a run....three wins would be great, two wins and a draw would do....for me we need to be in touch come the split.

Still glass half full and not throwing in the towel, even if we don’t get three points on Saturday.

I’m not forgetting it but what makes you think if we can’t beat Hamilton at home that we will turn our game around for the next game against them? Fail to win on Saturday will shatter the moral of a team already low on confidence!

Some on here have been sleep walking into relegation for months now!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Debut 4

• Ernie Eskilsson

• OmiyaHearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Future's Maroon
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m not forgetting it but what makes you think if we can’t beat Hamilton at home that we will turn our game around for the next game against them? Fail to win on Saturday will shatter the moral of a team already low on confidence!

Some on here have been sleep walking into relegation for months now!

I’m not saying everything is rosey in the garden, it’s far from it.

I think some are letting the humping by Celtic get to them too much, let’s be honest did anyone expect anything else?

Its really bad just now but games are still there to scrape ourselves out this shit....I believe we can, and will, survive...it will not be easy and I accept we are toiling...it’s still in our own hands and we need to be winning games like Saturday.

Really looking forward to Sat not my turn to drive so on the bevvy and going to need it. If the team turn up like Rangers game then we'll win and take the bounce to St Midden game. If we don't turn up then we're in serious trouble..

8 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Trust me here 

We are taking 6 points from the next two games 

Yas kimo. 

Edited by indianajones

14 hours ago, JustinT said:

Still plenty of points to play for. Definitely not going down. St Mirren and Hamilton will fill the bottom two spots with Hamilton likely to be the automatic relegation fall guys.

I'm not sure where your optimism comes from and I wish I had your confidence.

Will you still maintain this stance if we fail to win tomorrow?

I am done with future predicting fixtures.  Hearts v Hamilton.  That's all that matters.  From 5pm tomorrow we can look at the next game but in the position we are in it really is one game at a time.  

On 12/02/2020 at 21:09, ollie2004 said:

Must win or relegation is almost certain  IMO!

Awful position to be in but I think we'll come away with two wins. After that, just keep fighting and we'll be grand. 

1 hour ago, ross1992 said:

Awful position to be in but I think we'll come away with two wins. After that, just keep fighting and we'll be grand. 

I hope you're right, but as mentioned before, we've not won two league games in a row in over 12 months.

I'm dreading tomorrow, if I'm honest.

Tokyo Drifter

We only need to finish tenth, remember. If we beat Accies and St Midden we should be in 10th spot.I think that's doable, though I can't see us getting higher than ninth. But even if we're in the play-off spot I'd fancy us to win.

Courage, peepz! 

7 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm not sure where your optimism comes from and I wish I had your confidence.

Will you still maintain this stance if we fail to win tomorrow?

I will indeed maintain that there's no way we are going down and I think we will win easily tomorrow. Hamilton are dug keek and we've actually played some good stuff lately while not collecting the points tally that we should have and I think that will change very soon with the points coming our way. Extremely confident.

Edited by JustinT

17 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm not convinced we will win two games, never mind back to back games. We are absolutely rank rotten all over the place. 

My concern is, we’ve seemed to become a team that’s inspired for the first 20,25 mins then the concentration goes. 

I still think this team is still too weak minded. It’s not so much the Hamilton game I’m concerned about, but certainly away to St Mirren. Goodwin will have them getting stuck into us on their own patch. How we deal with that remains to be seen.

Big characters and a steady nerve needed over the next week. 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

My concern is, we’ve seemed to become a team that’s inspired for the first 20,25 mins then the concentration goes. 

I still think this team is still too weak minded. It’s not so much the Hamilton game I’m concerned about, but certainly away to St Mirren. Goodwin will have them getting stuck into us on their own patch. How we deal with that remains to be seen.

We really seem to need to score in the first 20-25 mins, to give the players belief that the system works. A goal after 20 mins or so will give them the impetus to carry on attacking etc.  Blistering start, hammer and tongs, battering Accies and hopefully score a couple before HT, then same again second half 

Weakened Offender
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There are no big characters in our squad. There are 2 or 3 players who will on occasion roll their sleeves up (Naismith, Clare and Smith) but that's it. 

14 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

We really seem to need to score in the first 20-25 mins, to give the players belief that the system works. A goal after 20 mins or so will give them the impetus to carry on attacking etc.  Blistering start, hammer and tongs, battering Accies and hopefully score a couple before HT, then same again second half 

Fingers crossed mate 👍🏻

Don't think seeing tomorrow as 'a must win' helps anyone. It simply heaps even more pressure on an already fraught team. Would be better to see tomorrow as the 'start' of the league season and see how many points we can gather between now and May. It may be that 33 will be required, but if Hamilton and St. Mirren  are dragged into a three-way scrap, it could be that a much lower figure will suffice. 

5 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Don't think seeing tomorrow as 'a must win' helps anyone. It simply heaps even more pressure on an already fraught team. Would be better to see tomorrow as the 'start' of the league season and see how many points we can gather between now and May. It may be that 33 will be required, but if Hamilton and St. Mirren  are dragged into a three-way scrap, it could be that a much lower figure will suffice. 

Maybe not but its time these played showed they are up for the fight.

There's no point calling it something it isn't and it is 100% a must win. If we fail to win we have an uphill battle right until game 38 of the season. Win tomorrow and there is light at the end of the tunnel that we can pull away from the bottom.

Bazzas right boot
Spoiler

If we can't beat Hamilton at the third attempt and at home we may as well chuck it. 

Defeat imo would probably mean we will go down, we must win that. 

St mirren away, a win is crucial to try and catch them, but a draw not terrible. 

2 defeats is unthinkable and will spell the end for us I think. 

On 13/02/2020 at 00:27, Voice of reason said:

Might as well just stop the league now then from top to bottom. You seem to think  the league positions at week 26 always end up the same as week 38. Anyone thinking they might alter are clearly mental? Do you really believe that?

Also, If we win on Saturday and go 2 points above Hamilton will you then say we are safe from finishing bottom? Because we will have bettered them after 27 games and then what evidence would there then be that Hamilton would better us over the next 11 games? 

This place is mental after a defeat. A bad result tonight but nowhere near the worst performance we’ve had at Celtic. The Hamilton performance against a really poor Aberdeen team last night was far worse. Since the winter break we have gained 5 points, Hamilton have gained 1. If that pattern continues they are going down and we will at least get to the playoffs. It’s hardly mental for a Hearts fan to say they are mildly optimistic about survival. You can give up hope if you want but I’ll keep being hopeful a near miracle can occur and we can gain 1 more point than Hamilton over the next 12 games. 

You were saying?