Next two league games

ollie2004

Having young boys like Irving and McDonald playing in pressure games is very high risk. But that’s only part of it. Daniel’s determination to only play one way and his adherence to zonal marking are giving us problems not solutions. It’s pretty clear he knows very little about the Scottish game. Things are not looking good.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Debut 4

• Ernie Eskilsson

• OmiyaHearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voice of reason
9 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

are you mental?

You think someone is mental to think Hearts can get 1 more point than Hamilton over 12 games? Utterly bizarre. I am not saying we will but saying someone is mental for thinking it’s possible is quite frankly, mental! People are talking like we are 10 points behind rather than 1.

20 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Still quietly confident we'll be alright. 

A lot of points still to play for. 

If it helps you sleep at night then bash on feeling “quietly confident”!

Me? it’s like a feckin nightmare as I think we are struggling!

I'm still scratching my heid we haven't kicked on from the Newco game and performance. I was certain that would be the catalyst.

Naismith and Boyce should be formidable, Clare is on fire, Smith is brilliant and there's talent around the squad. Our keeper is gash, and the defence has looked wobbly recently, so I really don't know what to think.

Look here’s the bottom line. We 100% deserve to get relegated and 100% look like we will right now. Stendel has not worked so far. 

There are only two teams we can catch. And we are starting on pretty much the same points. 

We don’t have to play Rangers or Celtic again and will play all the bottom 5 teams after the break. If we can’t win enough games to finish above St Mirren and Hamilton it is a complete disgrace on top of the utter disgrace we have witnessed so far. 

50 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Here's the next 5 for us, Saints and Accies. Imo St J, Killie and County can't be caught anymore. Honestly couldn't tell you how the table will be after these 5 matches or guess our results after losing to Kilmarnock and St Mirren somehow winning randomly at times.

HMFC

Accies, St Mirren, Hibs, Motherwell, Livi- 2 wins?

St MIRREN

Motherwell, Hearts, St J, Celtic, Kilmarnock -2 wins?

HAMILTON

Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Ross County -Ideally 0 wins

Win our next two, as unlikely as that is and we are only one point behind County if they lose their next two games (which could happen).

Winning the next two for us is huge.

11 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

You think someone is mental to think Hearts can get 1 more point than Hamilton over 12 games? Utterly bizarre. I am not saying we will but saying someone is mental for thinking it’s possible is quite frankly, mental! People are talking like we are 10 points behind rather than 1.

Yes.

After 26 games we are 1point behind them.  What evidence would suggest that over the next 12 games we'll better that?

This next 2 or 5 games stuff needs to be binned. All that matters is Saturdays game, a win and we can ,only then, look forward to the next game with some optimism. 

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Win our next two, as unlikely as that is and we are only one point behind County if they lose their next two games (which could happen).

Winning the next two for us is huge.

We are certainly running out of road.  The next two matches are critical. 

AlphonseCapone

I'm feeling properly despondent now. See what Saturday brings but right now I wouldn't bet on us to beat this thing. This is bread and butter for Hamilton, they fight for their lives every season. 

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Morgan.  If we lose and St M win on the weekend, someone on here will be delighted.  Bet you know who it is.

Furtively scratching my head, Doug.

We are seriously crap as a team but we have seen some good individual performances. Stendel brought in 4 players in the window and stated they knew how to play His style. We still haven’t managed to get all four in the team at the same time. We probably won’t see all four in the team for a while yet. So our must recruit well mantra has Been a massive let down, Boyce apart.

Voice of reason
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Yes.

After 26 games we are 1point behind them.  What evidence would suggest that over the next 12 games we'll better that?

Might as well just stop the league now then from top to bottom. You seem to think  the league positions at week 26 always end up the same as week 38. Anyone thinking they might alter are clearly mental? Do you really believe that?

Also, If we win on Saturday and go 2 points above Hamilton will you then say we are safe from finishing bottom? Because we will have bettered them after 27 games and then what evidence would there then be that Hamilton would better us over the next 11 games? 

This place is mental after a defeat. A bad result tonight but nowhere near the worst performance we’ve had at Celtic. The Hamilton performance against a really poor Aberdeen team last night was far worse. Since the winter break we have gained 5 points, Hamilton have gained 1. If that pattern continues they are going down and we will at least get to the playoffs. It’s hardly mental for a Hearts fan to say they are mildly optimistic about survival. You can give up hope if you want but I’ll keep being hopeful a near miracle can occur and we can gain 1 more point than Hamilton over the next 12 games. 

StirlingJambo

On the evidence of watching that crap every week I think we’ll go down. The players just aren’t good enough I’m afraid, and with confidence being shot it’ll make it even harder.

4 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Here's the next 5 for us, Saints and Accies. Imo St J, Killie and County can't be caught anymore. Honestly couldn't tell you how the table will be after these 5 matches or guess our results after losing to Kilmarnock and St Mirren somehow winning randomly at times.

HMFC

Accies, St Mirren, Hibs, Motherwell, Livi- 2 wins?

St MIRREN

Motherwell, Hearts, St J, Celtic, Kilmarnock -2 wins?

HAMILTON

Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Ross County -Ideally 0 wins

Can all three teams parking the bus to stay in running for 10th place....   Boycie being Hearts possible ace up the sleeve...

Saturdays game will say it all......

I gather from post match comments I've read that Naismith and Smith are both injured.  If they can't play on Saturday that will be horrendous.  I keep saying our luck needs to change but it never happens.

Ernie Eskilsson
7 hours ago, iantjambo said:

:spoton:

Hamilton will scrap for absolutely everything on Saturday. I’ve serious doubts that we can match that.

It’s not just to do with scrapping, or replacing the keeper, its to do with the way our team is set up. Killie and St Johnstone defended solidly and picked us off on the break. Hamilton and St Mirren will do the same. Stendel’s tactics leave us wide open to this. It’s naive and it underestimates the opposition. His plan to attack Celtic was irresponsible, He should have been trying to tighten up our defence in preparation for the remaining games. I’ve said all along that we must support the team through this battle but at the end of the season we need an objective review of the way the club is being run. Stendel’s appointment was a huge gamble and so far the stats don’t suggest that it’s paying off: 

P16 W2 D4 L10 F15 A28 Pts 10

Ernie Eskilsson
16 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

It’s not just to do with scrapping, or replacing the keeper, its to do with the way our team is set up. Killie and St Johnstone defended solidly and picked us off on the break. Hamilton and St Mirren will do the same. Stendel’s tactics leave us wide open to this. It’s naive and it underestimates the opposition. His plan to attack Celtic was irresponsible, He should have been trying to tighten up our defence in preparation for the remaining games. I’ve said all along that we must support the team through this battle but at the end of the season we need an objective review of the way the club is being run. Stendel’s appointment was a huge gamble and so far the stats don’t suggest that it’s paying off: 

Copied the wrong stats there, should be:

P10 W1 D3 L7 F9 A20 Pts 6

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I gather from post match comments I've read that Naismith and Smith are both injured.  If they can't play on Saturday that will be horrendous.  I keep saying our luck needs to change but it never happens.

Naismith played the full 90 mins, did he not?

37 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Neither Kilmarnock or St Johnstone ‘defended solidly’. They conceded 2 and 3 goals respectively to the team that is currently bottom of the league. Both could have conceded more!

letsalldothebeattie

Must win both games. We can’t afford any form of slip up in either of the games. If we want to stand any chance of staying up it’s 6 points or bust for us 

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Worried about the St Mirren game. Arses might collapse if we lose the first goal.

Last chance saloon not far off.

😒

Obika will have a party against our defence.  We’ll need to score 3 just to guarantee a draw!

6 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

The Hamilton performance against a really poor Aberdeen team last night was far worse. Since the winter break we have gained 5 points, Hamilton have gained 1. If that pattern continues they are going down and we will at least get to the playoffs. It’s hardly mental for a Hearts fan to say they are mildly optimistic about survival. You can give up hope if you want but I’ll keep being hopeful a near miracle can occur and we can gain 1 more point than Hamilton over the next 12 games.

The statistic on points since the break is v important for context. If we win on Saturday there is another team in freefall, and we are on the up. The direction of travel for two teams becomes clear.

Those frustrating single points against Aberdeen, Ross County and St Johnstone are now of clear value. 

48 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Your stats are out mate.  Focusing on league alone, it’s played 10, won 1, drawn 3, lost 6 (so 6 points from 30).  Looks like you’ve included one of the cup wins.  To be fair, his record is played 2, won 2 in the cup 😎.

One game at a time. Saturday is a must win. If these players value hearts place in the top league, they will ensure victory. No ****ing excuses. But please please please drop the goalkeeper. He could be the difference between winning and losing this game. 

We were always going to get humped at Celtic Park.  We are in a relegation battle for a reason. Next two league games are simply must wins.  Anything less than 6 points is a disaster.

Two wins would be ideal but, given the injury problems and constant changes, not losing to either might be more realistic. Keep them within touching distance and pick them off in the final stretch.

Yup we are bottom of the league anything other than a win against Hamilton and we are definitely down. If we can't beat Hamilton at home we deserve to go down that's the bottom line. They have been the better team in our previous two meetings so sat isn't going to be straight forward.. We are in big, big trouble. Defensively as a team an utter shambles

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Agree with all of this.

Saturday is the very definition of a must win game.

Should be played like a cup final, any player not giving 100% should

be shown the door, IMO.

14 hours ago, JimCornette said:

I'm still scratching my heid we haven't kicked on from the Newco game and performance. I was certain that would be the catalyst.

Naismith and Boyce should be formidable, Clare is on fire, Smith is brilliant and there's talent around the squad. Our keeper is gash, and the defence has looked wobbly recently, so I really don't know what to think.

Scratch your head no further - we have a keeper who has given away at least 6 goals in the last 3 league games and a central defence that have absolutely no confidence in him!

Ernie Eskilsson
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Neither Kilmarnock or St Johnstone ‘defended solidly’. They conceded 2 and 3 goals respectively to the team that is currently bottom of the league. Both could have conceded more!

Tbh St Johnstone could have scored 6 in Perth without being flattered and they beat us 1-0 at Tynie in Stendel’s first game by playing exactly as I describe...

Ernie Eskilsson
8 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Your stats are out mate.  Focusing on league alone, it’s played 10, won 1, drawn 3, lost 6 (so 6 points from 30).  Looks like you’ve included one of the cup wins.  To be fair, his record is played 2, won 2 in the cup 😎.

Yep agreed that’s not good reading tho is it?

We've had truly critical moments in the past, the financial difficulties leading to Wallace Mercer's takeover and the St. Mirren possible last game scenario, but I think our next two league games rank alongside those moments. The infamous 5-year-plan is already out the window but relegation would mean losing our best prospects for much lower fees than if we were still in the top league and the financial hit overall would put us back at least 3 or more years. It would also mean Stendel moving on (not convinced that would necessarily be a bad thing) and would also mean a revamp of the board (again not necessarily a bad thing) but ultimately whilst some of the changes it would bring off the pitch would actually be good in the long run, relegation would be a disaster on the pitch and we must ensure it doesn't happen.

Edited by Macros

4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We haven't won two consecutive league matches in over a year. It's done.

I'm hoping we can make the playoff spot.

3 wins (11%) in 26 this season is definitely a concern. It's hard to not want to throttle Levein for multiple millions he's wasted building this substandard squad.

I still reckon we'll have enough to get ahead of Hamilton and stay up.

1 minute ago, JimCornette said:

3 wins (11%) in 26 this season is definitely a concern. It's hard to not want to throttle Levein for multiple millions he's wasted building this substandard squad.

I still reckon we'll have enough to get ahead of Hamilton and stay up.

Throttle? That's putting it lightly, mate. He should never be forgiven for his tenure or allowed near the club again, whatever happens at the end of the season.

4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We haven't won two consecutive league matches in over a year. It's done.

I'm hoping we can make the playoff spot.

Still plenty of points to play for. Definitely not going down. St Mirren and Hamilton will fill the bottom two spots with Hamilton likely to be the automatic relegation fall guys.

22 hours ago, indianajones said:

Still quietly confident we'll be alright. 

A lot of points still to play for. 

36 points to play for. we've won 7 points out of the last 42 so it's gonna take a helluva turnaround to succeed

Ricardo Quaresma

Last 5 games

US 5

Liedown 3

hamillton 1

They are going to struggle all the way, we simply need to stick the knife in by trying hard every game

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

The Future's Maroon

Are folk forgetting we play both Hamilton and St Midden twice before the season is out?

Yes, I agree Saturday is massive and we really could do with the win...there are still plenty games to go....a lot against the teams around us.

We need a run....three wins would be great, two wins and a draw would do....for me we need to be in touch come the split.

Still glass half full and not throwing in the towel, even if we don’t get three points on Saturday.