league position

Scottie Wanshot.

Just now, rip van tinkle said:

Double the wages and tonight’s results doesn’t happen 

Get your recruitment right and play to a suitable system and we can very easily be a Livi or a Motherwell. Nothing to do with pressure, we just need to get the basics right. Then we can build. Just now we are a footballing embarrasment on the pitch

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Deans Jambo

• been here before

• Scottie Wanshot.

rip van tinkle
24 minutes ago, gedster said:

Get your recruitment right and play to a suitable system and we can very easily be a Livi or a Motherwell. Nothing to do with pressure, we just need to get the basics right. Then we can build. Just now we are a footballing embarrasment on the pitch

If we had the Livingston team and manager or the Motherwell team and manager at our club right now do you think we would safe from relegation?

23 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

We're the form team in the bottom three.

(Previous 5 games):

Hearts: 5 points 

St Midden: 3 points 

Hamilton: 1 point

Not much to be proud of there tbh

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

How can a club like Livingston,  who have gates of about 1500 every two weeks, be 5th in the league with 34 points, and Hearts who have about 14.000 maybe more be in bottom position with 18 points,  how did we get into this situation. The new manager keeps playing Pereira, who everyone can see has lost all confidence and shouldn't be in the team, so Why is he playing.

"Crossed my mind" too.

Just watched the goals from the Livi and Saints games. Whilst on they showed the attendances, 1200 and odd at the first followed by aboot 2600 in Perth, yet their team spirit and desire puts ours to shame.

What an almighty **** up we have become.

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

How did the likes of Wimbledon ever win the FA cup and go from non league to English first division?

Just a guess but team spirit and playing system that their players could play? That about right?

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Went all out to sign Gordon 

shankland 

zeefuik

players who know the game up here - not foreign nobodies who have never heard of hearts 

Zeefuik? 

Zeefuik that hasn't had a club since 2017??

😂😂

1 minute ago, Deans Jambo said:

Zeefuik? 

Zeefuik that hasn't had a club since 2017??

😂😂

Still be better than the dross we have 

how long was white out before we signed him and he actually played again?

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Still be better than the dross we have 

how long was white out before we signed him and he actually played again?

Are you basing your opinion on him after scoring against Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton 5 years ago?

Says everything about him that no one wants to sign him in over 2 years.

1 minute ago, Deans Jambo said:

Are you basing your opinion on him after scoring against Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton 5 years ago?

Says everything about him that no one wants to sign him in over 2 years.

And rangers

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

And rangers

You genuinely think he's a player?

He couldn't move his fat ass then hardly likely to be much fitter.

Here's a quote from Rangers star Ronald de Boer stated: "I think it's scandalous if you're a professional player and you're 27 years-old to look like that. It's actually too sad for words."

Edited by Deans Jambo

6 hours ago, rip van tinkle said:

If we had the Livingston team and manager or the Motherwell team and manager at our club right now do you think we would safe from relegation?

100% both

Bazzas right boot

I don't know,but football isn't played on a spreadsheet or played by the crowds. 

Apart from the Glasgow visits and the 3-0 v Killie every game has been in the balance. 

We aren't scoring first enough, I can't recall when we last done this in the league. 

It's huge in Scottish football, really shapes the game as most games are very close with little in the actual play between the sides. 

We have done this far too little, below the law of averages. 

We need to sort that, it's still an issue. 

Hopefully with a fit Naismith, Walker and Boyce joining that changes soon. 

Teams also score very easily v us, the gk is a massive problem right now. 

Inspires no confidence, saves little. 

Celtic game changes nothing, but v Hamilton and St mirren we must improve.

The 2-3 Killie summed up our season, played well at the start, never scored then found ourselves 3-0 down with them not breaking a sweat. 

Surreal. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Fozzyonthefence
10 hours ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Pay more attention we have circa 17,000 weekly 

No Hearts fan would have come out with that OP.  

Isn’t 14,000 the number of freebies Hibs give to school kids?  Or the number of empty seats each game at the Methadrone?  Or the number that left Hampden when Rudi made it 5-1?

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Who should we have signed? In your opinion of course.

Pele, Messi, Roy Race, Hot Shot Hamish and Billy the Fish?

Billy the Fish physically can’t play sweeper keeper.

1 hour ago, Uche said:

We are **** and it is going to take a fair few transfer windows and a shedload more cash to sort this mess out. 

cash is the answer bud, i will increase my FOH payments if we spend more on players.

9 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Here's a quote from Rangers star Ronald de Boer stated: "I think it's scandalous if you're a professional player and you're 27 years-old to look like that. It's actually too sad for words."

I don’t really care what de boer says but he would do fine for us again 

our other players are dog poop

11 hours ago, been here before said:

Who should we have signed? In your opinion of course.

Pele, Messi, Roy Race, Hot Shot Hamish and Billy the Fish?

We went for the latter, but ended up with Conor the Fish instead :lol: 

Looking at the league table this morning was that we can only finish at  best in ninth position but finishing tenth will do me as its been a real roller coaster season guys.

17 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So why do you think he's not had a club for 2 years.....at any level....if he could still do a job?

14 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

How can a club like Livingston,  who have gates of about 1500 every two weeks, be 5th in the league with 34 points, and Hearts who have about 14.000 maybe more be in bottom position with 18 points,  how did we get into this situation. The new manager keeps playing Pereira, who everyone can see has lost all confidence and shouldn't be in the team, so Why is he playing.

You have to give a lot of credit to Gary Holt. He kept Livi in the league last year and then after losing the backbone of that team has built an even stronger unit this season.

29 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

So why do you think he's not had a club for 2 years.....at any level....if he could still do a job?

Same reason why white didn’t have a club before we signed him 

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

Looking at the league table this morning was that we can only finish at  best in ninth position but finishing tenth will do me as its been a real roller coaster season guys.

We can only pray for 10th place! 

I keep trying to shut these destructive thoughts down but I keep wondering if DS is the right appointment and the wrong time. 

His style which I find hugely entertaining is just not what’s needed at this precise moment and at times it’s borderline kamikaze. 

14 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Went all out to sign Gordon 

shankland 

zeefuik

players who know the game up here - not foreign nobodies who have never heard of hearts 

Your weird obsession with a bit part player is bizarre.

13 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

"Crossed my mind" too.

Just watched the goals from the Livi and Saints games. Whilst on they showed the attendances, 1200 and odd at the first followed by aboot 2600 in Perth, yet their team spirit and desire puts ours to shame.

What an almighty **** up we have become.

A laughing stock  for the last couple seasons, let's stop there or we will mention the unmentionable again ! 🆘

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I was a big fan of zeefuik but you've completely ruined it. Thanks for that. 

Fastest hattrick in prob hearts history  ? Or one of the them .......

Ainsley Harriott
16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Winning is simply not a hight priority for Budge. Well at least for the first team.

Its all about the ladies team with after match drinkies in the sky lounge.

Tenaciousdandy
14 hours ago, JimCornette said:

We're the form team in the bottom three.

(Previous 5 games):

Hearts: 5 points 

St Midden: 3 points 

Hamilton: 1 point

This, we are within touching distance of both Hamilton and St Mirren, tbh didn't expect anything against celtic, yeah killie game was a blow but they just beat rangers as well, I honestly believe we have enough to make the points up needed to leapfrog both Hamilton and St Mirren, we just need to stop giving away easy goals, as we will score against most of the teams in the league with the attacking formation 

3 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

I keep trying to shut these destructive thoughts down but I keep wondering if DS is the right appointment and the wrong time. 

His style which I find hugely entertaining is just not what’s needed at this precise moment and at times it’s borderline kamikaze. 

Said at the time I'd be surprised if Stendel took the job given the squad we had (a squad unsuited to his style)......but he did and it's been refreshing seeing the change.

Results have improved... only slightly.... and we're still bottom of the league. Right now we need to stick by it and believe it will work or we're in the sh*tter!

3 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Said at the time I'd be surprised if Stendel took the job given the squad we had (a squad unsuited to his style)......but he did and it's been refreshing seeing the change.

Results have improved... only slightly.... and we're still bottom of the league. Right now we need to stick by it and believe it will work or we're in the sh*tter!

The honeymoon is over for Herr Stendel. Doubts are creeping in about his ability to turn this round. His insistence on playing Pereira coupled with his insistence on zonal marking at corners cost us three goals last night. Hiring a manager with no knowledge of Scottish football was always going to be problematic in a relegation battle with no room for experimentation. A couple of victories against Hamilton St Mirren will do our confidence the world of good.

Pasquale for King
21 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

It is something that some people have suggested as a possibility, which has now been posted often enough that se people now believe it to be a fact. Absolutely no evidence to back up this claim and the fact Hearts were keen to bring in Gordon suggests its nonsense.

Is it a fact that Hearts we’re keen to bring in Gordon, another myth really. When asked Stendel dismissed it by saying GK was not a priority position. His biggest mistake so far I would say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51309296

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/1-2-3-4-we-will-see-hearts-boss-daniel-stendel-hints-more-signings-and-speaks-craig-gordon-1380536

4E9CCF8C-6E28-41D6-84E8-A31876E040D0.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

Its almost like a self fulfilling prophecy...  The pundits say Hamilton will avoid the drop each season, they do...   Killie will turn around their 7 game run of losses, they do. And Hearts will leak goals  no matter how many good ones they score.....   

I thought the Rangers game was a good sign.....  Wrong again  :(

Just now, hueyview said:

Its almost like a self fulfilling prophecy...  The pundits say Hamilton will avoid the drop each season, they do...   Killie will turn around their 7 game run of losses, they do. And Hearts will leak goals  no matter how many good ones they score.....   

I thought the Rangers game was a good sign.....  Wrong again  :(

The bookies are disagreeing with the pundits right now.

To go down, Hamilton 4/5, St Mirren 11/2, us 15/2.

I’ll take any crumb of comfort right now !

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

The bookies are disagreeing with the pundits right now.

To go down, Hamilton 4/5, St Mirren 11/2, us 15/2.

I’ll take any crumb of comfort right now !

St Mirren is good odds...  That was my choice....

8 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Sums you up that post 🤯

Scottie Wanshot.
9 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

the problem is , Hearts players cant play this type of football, that's why were losing so many goals, and we dont have a goalkeeper who can save.

4 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

the problem is , Hearts players cant play this type of football, that's why were losing so many goals, and we dont have a goalkeeper who can save.

Yes but it's better than the negative waste of space before

pettigrewsstylist

The winter break was about refreshing the squad with some quality. We did, but nowhere near enough in my book, and using winter break to assess squad and figure out strategy for  top flight survival.

Think we are gettjng it wrong currently. We wil never score enough to survive at the rate we are conceding.

Celtic, Falkirk, Killie, St Johnstone could all have scored far more than they did if luck had deserted us.

kingantti1874
23 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

the boy was clearly out of shape.. but I don’t think his talent was in question.. a lovely footballer and a great finisher.. 

HardcoreJambo
On 12/02/2020 at 14:09, Scottie Wanshot. said:

There is considerably less pressure and expectation on both the managers and players at clubs like Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone etc comparative to say Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. Also, despite the fact we have a greater budget to spend on players each year, we are searching the same market for new additions however we ultimately pay that little bit more to acquire them (they demand a higher wage from us). Aberdeen went through a torrid time in the 00's despite spending 250k on the likes of Steve Lovell and Barry Nicholson and recently spent 400k on Stevie May who turned out to be useless. Hibs spent a fair amount on "Ginger Pele" Doyle and he also turned out to be a flop. Football is very much a game of psychology and some players don't have the right mentality to handle the pressure of playing for a bigger club where you are expected to win most weeks.

Might be a load of nonsense but its just my opinion.

Edited by HardcoreJambo

Scotty Rob and Lithgow are constant starters for Livi, who are miles ahead of us yet some say we haven’t got the players to stay up.  It’s mental. 

Scottie Wanshot.
12 hours ago, j1964m said:

Yes but it's better than the negative waste of space before

how is it better, when were losing so many goals, and bottom of the league.

Ex member of the SaS
22 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

I’d be ****ing ecstatic with 10th. 

Me too, just shows how low we have become under Levein. Support Stendel but starting to worry we won't stay up. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, as there are obvious points for both. Go down regroup and start again or stay up and with a couple of windows and a pre season start again.

Would prefer the latter mind.

On 13/02/2020 at 09:06, Natural Orders said:

You do realise Zeefuik is retired?