league position

Scottie Wanshot.

Scottie Wanshot.

How can a club like Livingston,  who have gates of about 1500 every two weeks, be 5th in the league with 34 points, and Hearts who have about 14.000 maybe more be in bottom position with 18 points,  how did we get into this situation. The new manager keeps playing Pereira, who everyone can see has lost all confidence and shouldn't be in the team, so Why is he playing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Deans Jambo

• been here before

• i8hibsh

It’s a funny old game.....

In 2013/14 Hibs won less points than Inverness, Patrick, St Mirren and Ross County...not to mention us despite us having a bunch of kids playing for us which eventually led to them being relegated in a play-off by Hamilton.

The Future's Maroon

I’ll bite, we are having a shit season, switch of manager/tactics and there is a clause in the contract with Man Utd that he plays if fit.

Happy?!

Mind when we beat hibs 5-1 in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time. Keeps you going through the hard times mate. Saw a few hibees crying their eyes out like the big lassies they are that day. Was beautiful. 

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I’ll bite, we are having a shit season, switch of manager/tactics and there is a clause in the contract with Man Utd that he plays if fit.

Happy?!

There are a few people on this forum who are happy. Non of them hearts fans 

5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Happy?!

Is there actually a clause that means he plays when he is fit?

Levein masterclass 

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Is there actually a clause that means he plays when he is fit?

Levein masterclass 

It is something that some people have suggested as a possibility, which has now been posted often enough that se people now believe it to be a fact. Absolutely no evidence to back up this claim and the fact Hearts were keen to bring in Gordon suggests its nonsense.

I'm now at the stage where when I see a thread, particularly on a match day started by certain posters I know to just not look at it. Just added another one. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It is something that some people have suggested as a possibility, which has now been posted often enough that se people now believe it to be a fact. Absolutely no evidence to back up this claim and the fact Hearts were keen to bring in Gordon suggests its nonsense.

And the fact Pereira was dropped earlier in the season. 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Mind when we beat hibs 5-1 in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time. Keeps you going through the hard times mate. Saw a few hibees crying their eyes out like the big lassies they are that day. Was beautiful. 

Yet Sergio didn't even get a reply to his job application. 

38 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

How can a club like Livingston,  who have gates of about 1500 every two weeks, be 5th in the league with 34 points, and Hearts who have about 14.000 maybe more be in bottom position with 18 points,  how did we get into this situation. The new manager keeps playing Pereira, who everyone can see has lost all confidence and shouldn't be in the team, so Why is he playing.

How did the likes of Wimbledon ever win the FA cup and go from non league to English first division?

56 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Sniff sniff

As they say.

been here before
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Sniff sniff

As they say.

Well as you say jake. Nobody really does it on a scale like you do.

Not a bad preduction though even if I do say so myself...

20200212_200917.jpg.dc88b6f314c32c64d4d150907f063f3b.jpg

Only 3 days since your last calling someone a Hibs fan.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Well as you say jake. Nobody really does it on a scale like you do.

Not a bad preduction though even if I do say so myself...

20200212_200917.jpg.dc88b6f314c32c64d4d150907f063f3b.jpg

Only 3 days since your last calling someone a Hibs fan.

Fek off ya hibs ....

😄

Fair enough .

Bit suspicious though no?

🤪 

been here before
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Fek off ya hibs ....

😄

Fair enough .

Bit suspicious though no?

🤪

No really.

But then I can function without raging paranoia.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Winning is simply not a hight priority for Budge. Well at least for the first team.

And boom, this little nugget 🙈

Captain Lithuania
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Winning is simply not a hight priority for Budge. Well at least for the first team.

That must be why she changed the manager. So we can lose more. 

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

:spoton:

Happens every time a loan player doesn't do well. 

3 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

That must be why she changed the manager. So we can lose more. 

And it is looking like another Budge dud.

1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

The size of your football stadium and your attendance doesn’t always correlate to your on field performances and league position...football is rarely that straightforward; but you already know that.

Edited by combo74

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And it is looking like another Budge dud.

But surely it’s Budge’s fault for having Levein in charge for so long? I can’t keep up. 

2 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

But surely it’s Budge’s fault for having Levein in charge for so long? I can’t keep up. 

Of course it is her fault.

Tynecastlesmychurch

It’s been coming for a while. This shit show has been building since the Cathro disaster. Poor recruitment, poor management, constant injuries to our best players. Over reliance on those players. Moral being allowed to drop to dangerously low levels. A staggering amount of arrogance and ignorance from the previous manager and his back room team to let things get this bad and to not take responsibility. The summer should of been a new start but things just continued as we all saw.

Handofgod2015
1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Pay more attention we have circa 17,000 weekly 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Happy?!

About time Pereira was injured then!!

Dont believe that there is a clause, I just think Stendel wanted to persevere as Joel is the best with the ball at his feet, unfortunately he is terrible at the other main goalkeepy type things!!!

36 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

The buck stops with her.

She failed to stop the rot well before it seeped in to every part of our football club.

Now we need to tear the house down. 

2 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

How can a club like Livingston,  who have gates of about 1500 every two weeks, be 5th in the league with 34 points, and Hearts who have about 14.000 maybe more be in bottom position with 18 points,  how did we get into this situation. 

CRAIG LEVEIN

Coz we don’t sign the right players 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Coz we don’t sign the right players 

Who should we have signed? In your opinion of course.

Pele, Messi, Roy Race, Hot Shot Hamish and Billy the Fish?

Because we're a complete footballing disaster unfortunately. We are everything a club like us shouldn't be. 

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

I can't believe you missed this guy out, he's getting on a bit but could still do a job.

striker000.jpg.97dd4d75658574a86bb0aff3091ab2ef.jpg

rip van tinkle

It’s easier for players to shine in front of 1500 fans who are realistic and don’t expect to win every game. When you suddenly have 14000 howling at every mistake then the player wilts.

players who don’t wilt command a fee that we can no longer afford

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Went all out to sign Gordon 

shankland 

zeefuik

players who know the game up here - not foreign nobodies who have never heard of hearts 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

shankland 

zeefuik

players who know the game up here - not foreign nobodies who have never heard of hearts 

2 forinurz in the starting 11 tonight. 

Just now, rip van tinkle said:

It’s easier for players to shine in front of 1500 fans who are realistic and don’t expect to win every game. When you suddenly have 14000 howling at every mistake then the player wilts.

players who don’t wilt command a fee that we can no longer afford

simplistic claptrap I'm afraid.

been here before
15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

shankland 

zeefuik

"Went all out for Gordon"... how can you sign a player who is contracted to another club when that club point blank refuse to allow the player to leave?

Make Celtic an offer they cant refuse for him? 200k maybe? That would turn their heads for sure.

You reckon Zeefuik was a ST holder before he signed?

Edited by been here before