We are not alone.... Maybe.

Greedy Jambo

11 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

What get's on my goat is the amount of people that have claimed to have seen aliens or been abducted. 

What's going on there? and then there's people like bob lazar, "doctor" Steven Greer and all the rest that claim to know things. 

Are they all compulsive liars? all completely off their nut? 

Then down the bottom of the barrel you get the likes of David Icke, What's his problem? just lost his marbles completely?

:munny:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

maroonlegions
On 16/06/2020 at 17:15, Smithee said:

Meanwhile the laws of probability say the chances of first contact within our lives are basically zero.

Anything can happen. Would you want to contact here..

Science as we know it does not know all there is to know. So given that probability then the jury is out.

Maybe contact has happened in the past but we were not advanced enough to understand it, who knows...

Edited by maroonlegions

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Anything can happen. Would you want to contact here..

Science as we know it does not know all there is to know. So given that probability then the jury is out.

Maybe contact has happened in the past but we were not advanced enough to understand it, who knows...

I know that the chances of first contact happening within our lifetime are laughably small, but don't let reality get in the way. 

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I know that the chances of first contact happening within our lifetime are laughably small, but don't let reality get in the way. 

Reality, you seem an expert on it. There is a very large number of very credible people ,in very credible positions of power and influence from the past that  shared the belief or possibility that contact was attempted or made.

Unlike yourself a punter  who happens to post on a fitbaw forum ,those men were streets ahead of you in the credibility stakes but dont let that reality gety in the way..  Mmmm who do i belive you or folk like this chap below.

THere has been too any people like him that have echoed the same..

Take this quote below from one time director of the CIA .

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is." (Maccabee, Bruce, "What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986.)

I would have a read of this before deciding if reality is indeed getting in the way.

UFO BRIEFING DOC - TABLE OF CONTENTS

Edited by maroonlegions

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Reality, you seem an expert on it. There is a very large number of very credible people ,in very credible positions of power and influence from the past that  shared the belief or possibility that contact was attempted or made.

Unlike yourself a punter  who happens to post on a fitbaw forum ,those men were streets ahead of you in the credibility stakes but dont let that reality gety in the way..  Mmmm who do i belive you or folk like this chap below.

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is." (Maccabee, Bruce, "What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986.)

I would have a read of this before deciding if reality is indeed getting in the way.

:laugh2: aye sound

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Conspiracy theory and the numbers purporting it amounts to absolutely nothing. There are millions who would state that the Earth is flat, you think there's even a remote possibility that's true?

Countless millions seeing ghosts. Probably ghost reports on a daily basis. Does that make ghosts credible?

Unknown user

Very very smart men laugh daily at the idea of first contact being just round the corner, but that's not the point.

The point is time, billions of years, 1,000,000,000s of years. And we'll be contacted by visitors from millions of light years away within the next 80 years of the average human lifespan?

I might not care much for conspiracy theory but I have studied probability theory - hated it, too complicated. But it does emphasise exactly why the likelihood is sitting some where very very close to zero.

Unknown user
42 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Is there a reason you're throwing yourself behind the opinion of the minority in that field and ignoring the majority of very credible, intelligent people?

Well yes there is - confirmation bias.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Very very smart men laugh daily at the idea of first contact being just round the corner, but that's not the point.

The point is time, billions of years, 1,000,000,000s of years. And we'll be contacted by visitors from millions of light years away within the next 80 years of the average human lifespan?

I might not care much for conspiracy theory but I have studied probability theory - hated it, too complicated. But it does emphasise exactly why the likelihood is sitting some where very very close to zero.

Further factors. We're brand new as a technological species, been around for such a short span of time you may as well consider it next to no time at all. Let's say we or any other technological species had been around for just a million years.

Now I say just a million years because while it's a vast amount of time in terms of a human lifetime it's again next to nothing in comparison the age of the planet far less the galaxy. A million years is only 0.1% of 1 billion years far less billions.

So, let's get back to presuming a species had been around working on it's tech for a million years. Such a species would have technology that would appear to be magical to us. Beyond our ability to even imagine.

Think what the reaction of Isaac Newton, one of the greatest geniuses we have ever produced would be if you could go back in time and show him something as mundane as a TV. It would be like magic to him. Beyond his understanding.

If a species were around for a million years and close to light speed travel were possible they would be doing it. They would likely be colonising other star systems like crazy. And from there you eventually get an exponential rate of colonisation.

After just a few thousand years or so of that there would be in effect new civilisations all over the place. Because the original colonisers would be so far removed in space and time from their origins that they would now be entirely separate entities. A comparison right here on Earth might be the US and Britain.

Britain is the origin but they're now entirely separate from the origin country and almost alien in outlook in many ways.

These entirely separate planetary entities would then all be conducting their own further colonisation till you might have scores, hundreds, or even thousands of them all running around colonising. They could swamp an entire galaxy in an imaginable time span.

Yet what evidence of such a thing do we see? Absolutely nothing. This guides me towards a couple of conclusions.

One, it may be the case that high speed approaching light speed travel simply isn't possible. And even if it were it would still take years to cross stellar distances. With further complications that it may be too difficult or even impossible for biological life forms to equip themselves in a numbers of ways for such extended periods in space.

Then there's another factor. We currently have zero evidence that technological species survive much beyond the discovery of WMD. Which all on it's own may be an answer to the Fermi paradox.

So presuming any technological species had survived a long time and did indeed achieve high speed travel and the ability to spend years or even decades in space. As I described before they would spread like a rash.

If anything like that were within even a thousand light years of us they would be around many stars not just one. We should see evidence of that in some form. While they may know nothing of us because we have been broadcasting our existence for such a short time.. But again. what we see is absolutely nothing. 

maroonlegions
41 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Conspiracy theory and the numbers purporting it amounts to absolutely nothing. There are millions who would state that the Earth is flat, you think there's even a remote possibility that's true?

Countless millions seeing ghosts. Probably ghost reports on a daily basis. Does that make ghosts credible?

Well done in trying to link nut cases and conspiracy theorists with my post. Very sneaky but you miss one very important point as does  Simthee boy.

Your post reeks of actual ignorance and a complete lack of any real understanding of the underground realty of this subject. You need to do your homework boy..

These statements ,observations  and the investigations carried out are were NOT done by fecking conspiracy nut jobs who believe in wee green men or ghosts. These statements and investigations on the ET hypothesis were done and said by  very CREDIBLE  individuals in positions of power or privy to information that you and yer mate SMithyee boy have zero credibility in.   

Now if you can now ADMIT ,that the below verified statements by very credible individuals totally blows your  weak argument out the water. I wont hold my breath. This is just an example of a wealth of very credible individuals  who have came forward with such statements on the REALITY of the UAP/UFO  phenomenon.

UFOs: THE REALITY 

General Nathan D. Twining, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1960):

"The phenomena reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious... There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft... The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely." (Letter to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces, September 23, 1947.)

Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff Information Service, and Director of the first official military UFO inquiry in Brazil in the mid-50s:

"It is impossible to deny any more the existence of flying saucers at the present time... The flying saucer is not a ghost from another dimension or a mysterious dragon. It is a fact confirmed by material evidence. There are thousands of documents, photos, and sighting reports demonstrating its existence." ("How to doubt?," O Globo, Rio de Janeiro, February 28, 1958.)

General Lionel M. Chassin, Commanding General of the French Air Forces, and General Air Defense Coordinator, Allied Air Forces, Central Europe (NATO):

"The number of thoughtful, intelligent, educated people in full possession of their faculties who have 'seen something' and described it grows every day... We can... say categorically that mysterious objects have indeed appeared and continue to appear in the sky that surrounds us... [they] unmistakably suggest a systematic aerial exploration and cannot be the result of chance. It indicates purposive and intelligent action." (Chassin, L., Foreward to the book by Michel Aime, Flying Saucers and the Straight Line Mystery, New York: Criterion Books, 1958.)

Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first Director of the CIA (1947-1950):

34 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Well done in trying to link nut cases and conspiracy theorists with my post. Very sneaky but you miss one very important point as does  Simthee boy.

Your post reeks of actual ignorance and a complete lack of any real understanding of the underground realty of this subject. You need to do your homework boy..

These statements ,observations  and the investigations carried out are were NOT done by fecking conspiracy nut jobs who believe in wee green men or ghosts. These statements and investigations on the ET hypothesis were done and said by  very CREDIBLE  individuals in positions of power or privy to information that you and yer mate SMithyee boy have zero credibility in.   

Now if you can now ADMIT ,that the below verified statements by very credible individuals totally blows your  weak argument out the water. I wont hold my breath. This is just an example of a wealth of very credible individuals  who have came forward with such statements on the REALITY of the UAP/UFO  phenomenon.

"The phenomena reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious... There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft... The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely." (Letter to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces, September 23, 1947.)

Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff Information Service, and Director of the first official military UFO inquiry in Brazil in the mid-50s:

"It is impossible to deny any more the existence of flying saucers at the present time... The flying saucer is not a ghost from another dimension or a mysterious dragon. It is a fact confirmed by material evidence. There are thousands of documents, photos, and sighting reports demonstrating its existence." ("How to doubt?," O Globo, Rio de Janeiro, February 28, 1958.)

General Lionel M. Chassin, Commanding General of the French Air Forces, and General Air Defense Coordinator, Allied Air Forces, Central Europe (NATO):

"The number of thoughtful, intelligent, educated people in full possession of their faculties who have 'seen something' and described it grows every day... We can... say categorically that mysterious objects have indeed appeared and continue to appear in the sky that surrounds us... [they] unmistakably suggest a systematic aerial exploration and cannot be the result of chance. It indicates purposive and intelligent action." (Chassin, L., Foreward to the book by Michel Aime, Flying Saucers and the Straight Line Mystery, New York: Criterion Books, 1958.)

So how many other conspiracy theories should I be doing my "homework" on? All of them or just yours? Personally I would find it difficult to choose one to do any homework on.

Because all of them have people like you orbiting around them. Insisting they're credible. Maybe I should start with doubting the moon landings or that Bush brought down the WTC with controlled explosions.

Those nuts too say that hey credible people have investigated this and say it's rational. They claim architects/structural engineers etc have claimed that no way those towers could come down like that. Just like you and your claims of credible people in fact.

Even the name you're trying to propose as someone supporting alien theories, Nathan Farragut Twining, as far as I can see has never done so. In addition to the fact there are countless notable people, experts in multiple fields including Nobel prize winners who find your conspiracy as laughable as I and others here do.

The REALITY is there is ZERO evidence of alien intelligence. Absolutely nothing. There's more evidence of bigfoot or even leprechauns and that's utter shite too. I could cover this entire page with notable names and quotes from books and newspaper reports disputing anything you want to believe about alien intelligence.

There are even more books and newspaper clippings claiming credible evidence of ghosts, apparitions, poltergeists, than  there are claiming alien visitations.

I don't believe them either. Incredible claims require incredible evidence to become credible. Claims in books and newspapers are not incredible evidence or anything like it.Thus not credible or even approaching such a status.

So you coming in here suggesting that I have some agenda of linking this stuff to nutcases is inaccurate. I don't need to do that. The consensus of expert opinion has been, and is doing that long before I ever made any comment on it.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Thanks for the quotes.  Please see the bits I've highlighted in red.

Clearly, these are very old quotes, and our knowledge in this area has expanded greatly in the last 50-60 years.  Do you have any quotes from reputable people that are current?

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Further factors. We're brand new as a technological species, been around for such a short span of time you may as well consider it next to no time at all. Let's say we or any other technological species had been around for just a million years.

Now I say just a million years because while it's a vast amount of time in terms of a human lifetime it's again next to nothing in comparison the age of the planet far less the galaxy. A million years is only 0.1% of 1 billion years far less billions.

So, let's get back to presuming a species had been around working on it's tech for a million years. Such a species would have technology that would appear to be magical to us. Beyond our ability to even imagine.

Think what the reaction of Isaac Newton, one of the greatest geniuses we have ever produced would be if you could go back in time and show him something as mundane as a TV. It would be like magic to him. Beyond his understanding.

If a species were around for a million years and close to light speed travel were possible they would be doing it. They would likely be colonising other star systems like crazy. And from there you eventually get an exponential rate of colonisation.

After just a few thousand years or so of that there would be in effect new civilisations all over the place. Because the original colonisers would be so far removed in space and time from their origins that they would now be entirely separate entities. A comparison right here on Earth might be the US and Britain.

Britain is the origin but they're now entirely separate from the origin country and almost alien in outlook in many ways.

These entirely separate planetary entities would then all be conducting their own further colonisation till you might have scores, hundreds, or even thousands of them all running around colonising. They could swamp an entire galaxy in an imaginable time span.

Yet what evidence of such a thing do we see? Absolutely nothing. This guides me towards a couple of conclusions.

One, it may be the case that high speed approaching light speed travel simply isn't possible. And even if it were it would still take years to cross stellar distances. With further complications that it may be too difficult or even impossible for biological life forms to equip themselves in a numbers of ways for such extended periods in space.

Then there's another factor. We currently have zero evidence that technological species survive much beyond the discovery of WMD. Which all on it's own may be an answer to the Fermi paradox.

So presuming any technological species had survived a long time and did indeed achieve high speed travel and the ability to spend years or even decades in space. As I described before they would spread like a rash.

If anything like that were within even a thousand light years of us they would be around many stars not just one. We should see evidence of that in some form. While they may know nothing of us because we have been broadcasting our existence for such a short time.. But again. what we see is absolutely nothing. 

You have pretty much summed up the great filter theory in the fermi paradox. 

If there was intelligent life or super beings out there then where are they? 

There is other intelligent life out there but i doubt humanity will ever meet it. 

I think I said it in another thread, but there may be a reason we have not detected anything (anyone) yet - Its about the method of communication, the same way that an old native american who used smoke signals wouldn't detect a telegraph signal or that a 3g phone will not pick up a 5g signal.   I hypothesise, that they are using methods to communicate that we cannot even begin to imagine. 

If they exist at all.

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There is other intelligent life out there but i doubt humanity will ever meet it. 

We have intelligent people on earth that you've never seen.

We have people building all sorts of classified shit that you don't find out about until 50 years later. 

I would imagine if someone or something was able to travel here, they would be a hell of a lot cleverer than that. 

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thanks for the quotes.  Please see the bits I've highlighted in red.

Clearly, these are very old quotes, and our knowledge in this area has expanded greatly in the last 50-60 years.  Do you have any quotes from reputable people that are current?

The most recent was in office in 1960?

SMithyee boy questions the credibility!

But seriously, until there's alien life proven and in front of us I call bullshit, and TBH even then I'll suspect it's a guy in a suit. 

It's just all so enormously unlikely to happen here and in this lifetime.

7 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well if you believe some sources they're not actually that smart. We can build aircraft resistant to being detected by radar. But these alien clowns pop up all over the place on radar while allegedly trying to hide from us. Idiots. They're here to steal our tech. They're like an alien version of China.

7 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

I think I said it in another thread, but there may be a reason we have not detected anything (anyone) yet - Its about the method of communication, the same way that an old native american who used smoke signals wouldn't detect a telegraph signal or that a 3g phone will not pick up a 5g signal.   I hypothesise, that they are using methods to communicate that we cannot even begin to imagine. 

If they exist at all.

I have contemplated the different method of communication idea too but discarded it as improbable. Or at least unrealistic in terms of an alien civilisation actually trying to communicate.

We can figure out that different methods of transmission could be a problem but they can't? So for that reason I believe a species would use a universal method. Radio.

The universe itself emits radio. Any technological civilisation would be aware that radio would be known to all others and would be capable of detecting an artificial radio signal.

• 4 weeks later...
Governor Tarkin
On 17/06/2020 at 18:31, Smithee said:

Is there a reason you're throwing yourself behind the opinion of the minority in that field and ignoring the majority of very credible, intelligent people?

He's a fruitloop.

• 2 weeks later...

Anytime you think you have seen a video that's being claimed to be unexplained and suggestive of alien UFO's try to think of this video.

Then further think about the tech the military may be developing and keeping secret for obvious reasons. Or even commercial enterprise keeping secrets for commercial reasons.

Meet the dazzling flying machines of the future

Edited by JFK-1

maroonlegions

Remember this one. Two boys had 90mis of missing time. 

"The men have never changed their stories and even passed a lie detector test on TV. Their experiences are now referred to as the 'A70 Incident'.

"Once-classified documents, released by the British government in 2012, revealed that the Ministry of Defence had taken the ‘abduction’ so seriously they investigated it, filing an official report."

"The truth remains a mystery to this day."

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Whatever the US jet is "pursuing" it's weird that the UFO always stays in a constant position in relation to it. 

And of course, the quality of the video is piss poor. 

It's most likely a bird as is explained in the following video. The creator of the video actually contacted the pentagon to ask them for their view, and the reply intimated that it's a bird.

Let's be frank, the people who want to believe there are aliens want to believe it and will believe it on the flimsiest of evidence, or none at all.

• 4 weeks later...
maroonlegions

The Office Of US Naval Intelligence  has 1000s of reports of UAPs from military pilots and Naval personnel on its database and has always been very concerned by some reports , that show cases of very high strangeness.  Its testament that there has always been a slow "drip feed" to the public domain. And now it's happening again. UAPs being reported over sensitive  US military bases , USAF F16 being scrambled to intervene are also on record. China or Russia secret black opp teck or a mixture of both??

No Longer in Shadows, Pentagon’s U.F.O. Unit Will Make Some Findings Public;

For over a decade, the program, now tucked inside the Office of Naval Intelligence, has discussed mysterious events in classified briefings.

The story published yesterday in the New York Times by Ralph Blumenthal and Leslie Kean states, “(Luis) Elizondo is among a small group of former government officials and scientists with security clearances who, without presenting physical proof, say they are convinced that objects of undetermined origin have crashed on earth with materials retrieved for study.” Today Fox News is saying that there have been “retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this Earth.”

Despite Pentagon statements that it disbanded a once-covert program to investigate unidentified flying objects, the effort remains underway — renamed and tucked inside the Office of Naval Intelligence, where officials continue to study mystifying encounters between military pilots and unidentified aerial vehicles.

The U.S. Navy has officially published previously released videos showing unexplained objects.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html

Governor Tarkin
41 minutes ago, jake said:

All the answers are here.

psilocybe-semilanceata7.jpg

My back garden was full of them last year.

Not long now. 🤗

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

The latest in the Fermi Series, could it be we're not hearing from extraterrestrials because they were wiped out by machines of their own creation? A fascinating possibility, and also, s***-your-pants-scary!

The Berserker Hypothesis ... :gok:

That was actually a really interesting read. Though the Berkserker hypothesis seems to fall down with the obvious flaw pointed out in the article, why no signs of the machines! 

12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

'shrooms🥰🥰😅

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My back garden was full of them last year.

Not long now. 🤗

I take a wee tea annually 

Although not last year.

Had too much going on and thought better of it.

Some real mental health benefits.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Although not last year.

I liked mine on Pizza.

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, jake said:

Although not last year.

A tea man as well, jake.

Tastes ****ing bowf mind.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A tea man as well, jake.

Tastes ****ing bowf mind.

Nothing a touch of honey won't help.

Personally, I preferred them powdered and wrapped in a couple of rizlas. 

maroonlegions
20 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That was actually a really interesting read. Though the Berkserker hypothesis seems to fall down with the obvious flaw pointed out in the article, why no signs of the machines! 

True ,good point.

Maybe the machines are planet bound. :insufferable:

On 17/06/2020 at 19:27, JFK-1 said:

So how many other conspiracy theories should I be doing my "homework" on? All of them or just yours? Personally I would find it difficult to choose one to do any homework on.

Because all of them have people like you orbiting around them. Insisting they're credible. Maybe I should start with doubting the moon landings or that Bush brought down the WTC with controlled explosions.

What's that you say?

😁

Took me ages to edit that.

Anyway everyone knows two planes brought down 3 buildings.

J.T.F.Robertson

Anyone of us who thinks we are "alone" in an infinite (that's the equivalent of never-ending) universe, quite possibly paired with other infinite universes, needs to give their heeds a severe shake.

Unfortunately, we're so primitive we'll never know the truth. 

(I'm "primitever " than most, btw) :(

John Gentleman
11 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Anyone of us who thinks we are "alone" in an infinite (that's the equivalent of never-ending) universe, quite possibly paired with other infinite universes, needs to give their heeds a severe shake.

Unfortunately, we're so primitive we'll never know the truth. 

(I'm "primitever " than most, btw) :(

If our universe is infinite then, by definition, there can't be any "other infinite universes".

AlphonseCapone

It makes me really sad to know there is most likely other life out there and we'll probably never encounter it.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

If our universe is infinite then, by definition, there can't be any "other infinite universes".

Are there not theories held by some that there may be other universes only in parallel dimensions? (or summat like that) 😓

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2020 at 10:57, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Are there not theories held by some that there may be other universes only in parallel dimensions? (or summat like that) 😓

Yes. If string theory were to be correct there have to be further dimensions currently unknown to us.