• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

• 2 months later...
maroonlegions

Direct from the US Navy and The Pentagon.

So no tin foil hat u tube shite .

These objects that were recorded from the cockpits of experienced US Navy fighter jets  were highly classified at one point. 

Some were released into the public domain through the FOIA.

These objects kinda spooked not only the fighter pilots but the US military intelligences. 

Classified for a reason. 

"The Pentagon UFO videos are selected visual recordings of cockpit instrumentation displays from United States Navy fighter jets based aboard aircraft carriers USS Nimitz and USS Theodore Roosevelt in 2004, 2014 and 2015, with additional footage taken by other Navy personnel in 2019. The four grainy, monochromic videos, widely characterized as officially documenting UFOs, were the subject of extensive coverage in the media since 2017. The Pentagon later addressed and officially released the first three videos in 2020, and confirmed the provenance of the leaked 2019 videos in two statements made in 2021."

-------------------------------

Gimbal The First Official UAP Footage from the USG for Public Release;

Gimbal is one of three US military videos of unidentified aerial phenomenon (UAP) that has been through the official declassification review process of the United States government and has been approved for public release.
https://www.defense.gov/.../statement-by-the-department.../

Date: 21 January 2015

Video: https://www.navair.navy.mil/.../2020-04/2%20-%20GIMBAL.wmv

-------------------------------------

Go Fast Official USG Footage of UAP for Public Release

GO FAST is one of three official USG videos selected for release after official review by multiple government organizations. While To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science was the first to obtain a copy, it should be available to any member of the press or public via the Freedom of Information Act. This footage was captured by a U.S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet using the Raytheon ATFLIR Pod that was being operated by a highly trained aerial observer and weapons system operator whom the government has spent millions of dollars to train. Go Fast reveals a Navy encounter that occurred off the East Coast of the United States in 2015 and the object in view remains unidentified.

Date: 21 January 2015

Video: https://www.navair.navy.mil/.../2020-04/3%20-%20GOFAST.wmv

------------------------------------

FLIR1 Official UAP Footage from the USG for Public Release

FLIR1 is one of three US military videos of unidentified aerial phenomenon (UAP) that has been through the official declassification review process of the United States government and approved for public release. It is the only official footage captured by a US navy F/A-18 Super Hornet present at the 2004 Nimitz incident off the coast of San Diego.
https://www.defense.gov/.../statement-by-the-department.../

Date: 2004

Video: https://www.navair.navy.mil/.../2020-04/1%20-%20FLIR.mp4

---------------------------------

Credit: United States Navy 
See less

Jambo_jim2001
On 10/02/2020 at 23:31, Maple Leaf said:

500 million years ago, the most advanced creatures on earth were tiny and didn't even possess a spine. 

And Scottish referees ended their evolution there🤔

2 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

And Scottish referees ended their evolution there🤔

And probably still gave a penalty to the asteroid.

Jambo_jim2001

Might fire back with their death ray,or more than likely can't get a lock on,like that Iranian pilot in the 1970s his jet malfunctioned every time he got a lock on target,,,once you start with all this UFO stuff it's a mystery wrapped up in a enigma.

On 18/08/2021 at 23:21, Boab said:

Chemistry is Chemistry !

The elements here are the elements everywhere. We’re no better or worse than the limits of anything else !

As I have said, enjoy the universe for what it is. 
We are made from exploding stars !

Pretty cool eh !

Chemistry is Chemistry, says the human being. Other beings may say, 'Haud ma beer' 

Humans know feck all.

maroonlegions
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And, Aliens are here. :rofl:

US Navy and US military intelligences were not :rofl:.Or those US Navy fighter pilots that tracked those UAPs

Go enough for me.:thumb:

Did you even look at those reports..:rofl:

Jambo_jim2001
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And, Aliens are here. :rofl:

They all meet up at fester road,some scary stuff going on over there,gives me the fear sir

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

More chance of aliens than God, imo. 

Infinitely so, they're there ....... and in infinite numbers. (an uneducated guess)

maroonlegions
On 10/02/2022 at 04:45, ri Alban said:

We get all the way to earth and 

giphy.webp?cid=82a1493brssc3ghjhzsqf6qbf

Start paying attention to what is actually happening in the higher places of government and you will stop trying to play the comedian..

Pentagon Creates New Group To Investigate UFO Sightings:

The creation of the Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group follows over 100 incidents officials say they can't explain. :rofl:

"The Department of Defense has formed a new group for investigating and identifying flying objects after officials said earlier this year they were unable to explain more than 100 incidents of unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAP."

"The newly launched Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group, or AOIMSG, will work with other federal departments and agencies “to detect, identify and attribute objects of interest” and “mitigate any associated threats to safety of flight and national security,” Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks said in a letter to senior leadership Tuesday."

Now the important part below, are you paying attention..:sleeping2:

"Hicks had previously expressed concern about the findings of a UAP report released by the DOD in June. The report identified 143 UAP incidents that officials said were unable to be explained after being analyzed by a UAP task force overseen by the secretary of the Navy."

The Department of Defense says this image from a 2015 video labeled Gimbal shows an unexplained object as it is tracked flying along the clouds and traveling against the wind.

And again, the above still  from a US Navy fighter jet.

And the below narrative from US official investigation sources as to WHY they are not ... :rofl: 

“Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernible means of propulsion,” the DOD’s report said of the UAP. “In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings.”   

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pentagon-creates-ufo-uap-group-aoimsg_n_619e3918e4b0f398af0d6b94

Jambo_jim2001
29 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Start paying attention to what is actually happening in the higher places of government and you will stop trying to play the comedian..

Pentagon Creates New Group To Investigate UFO Sightings:

The creation of the Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group follows over 100 incidents officials say they can't explain. :rofl:

"The Department of Defense has formed a new group for investigating and identifying flying objects after officials said earlier this year they were unable to explain more than 100 incidents of unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAP."

"The newly launched Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group, or AOIMSG, will work with other federal departments and agencies “to detect, identify and attribute objects of interest” and “mitigate any associated threats to safety of flight and national security,” Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks said in a letter to senior leadership Tuesday."

Now the important part below, are you paying attention..:sleeping2:

"Hicks had previously expressed concern about the findings of a UAP report released by the DOD in June. The report identified 143 UAP incidents that officials said were unable to be explained after being analyzed by a UAP task force overseen by the secretary of the Navy."

The Department of Defense says this image from a 2015 video labeled Gimbal shows an unexplained object as it is tracked flying along the clouds and traveling against the wind.

And again, the above still  from a US Navy fighter jet.

And the below narrative from US official investigation sources as to WHY they are not ... :rofl: 

“Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernible means of propulsion,” the DOD’s report said of the UAP. “In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings.”   

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pentagon-creates-ufo-uap-group-aoimsg_n_619e3918e4b0f398af0d6b94

Learn how to read data on the tic tac,gimbal and go fast footage.. it's actually nothing out the ordinary tbh...I do admit that a lot of other sightings are interesting non the less.are we alone?are they here? I will sit on the fence on that one,even though I have met some credulous folk,I believe that they believe what they saw and happened to them,if that makes sense🤔

4 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Learn how to read data on the tic tac,gimbal and go fast footage.. it's actually nothing out the ordinary tbh...I do admit that a lot of other sightings are interesting non the less.are we alone?are they here? I will sit on the fence on that one,even though I have met some credulous folk,I believe that they believe what they saw and happened to them,if that makes sense🤔

The Audio on the tic tac footage is probably more interesting, they seem genuinely surprised at what they're seeing. 

Jambo_jim2001

Audio can be dubbed in,it's the data I found interesting,which really shows nothing untoward,never really fear the enemy,, look out for the gung ho yank pilots.😂 That audio sadly is just your over excited American pilot about 97% are like that tbh

I've driven down that road nearly every day for the last 20 years but i've never been lucky enough to get a wee trip on an alien ship. 

10 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Do you find that story convincing?

I find it interesting, not convincing. 

The 2 guys refuse to talk about it, apparently. 

I would like to get them pissed and ask them for the truth. 

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I find it interesting, not convincing. 

The 2 guys refuse to talk about it, apparently. 

I would like to get them pissed and ask them for the truth. 

:biggrin2:  I think the truth is that they were pissed the night in question.

24 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

:biggrin2:  I think the truth is that they were pissed the night in question.

Some story for just being pished though. 

maroonlegions
On 11/02/2022 at 20:09, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I am basing all that data on the actual fighter pilot camera footage.

My reply to that poster was grounded in the fact that he pays NO attention to ANY data presented.

That FACT that the US Naval of intelligence report found a high level of "strangeness" of these UPAs.

Thats the bread and butter  of the findings.

Their conclusions cannot be put down to personal "biais" .

After all their job is to KNOW just what is entering and leaving their restricted air spaces from a defence stand point.

My advice is to learn how to read  official   and credible data straight from the officiall source.

Yes there were excited , who would not be witnessing  first hand a object that displayed " flight characteristics" of advanced teck. 

WorldChampions1902
18 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

I am basing all that data on the actual fighter pilot camera footage.

My reply to that poster was grounded in the fact that he pays NO attention to ANY data presented.

That FACT that the US Naval of intelligence report found a high level of "strangeness" of these UPAs.

The bit in bold is the thing that gets me about sceptics. I know you will know this, but there are literally many thousands of credible eye-witness reports by military personnel and police around the world of UFO’s. These people are trained to observe and report. And yet the sceptics routinely choose to rubbish these witnesses.

If only they would take the time to open their minds, take time to read the facts and corroborating evidence and then perhaps start thinking the unthinkable (for them)?

maroonlegions
19 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

By all means keep an open mind,but not too open as your brain might fall out tbh

And by that your bias is plain to see.

By all  means keep an open mind, but i find the brain  might fall out condescending, when in truth,  and i bet my last yankee buck ,that no one has even bothered to look at ALL the available  data.  Have you??

Thought there was some revealing data found here regarding a 'reality check' on just how many people actually report their UFO sightings (I know I didn't) and when it comes to military/civilian pilots there's always been serious concerns about under reporting bias due to fear of ridicule, perceived competence, job security etc.

Now paying attention to the last bit, regarding ridicule , bias and more importantly job security, is it any wonder that 100s of UAP reports by military and civilian aviation pilots goes unreported or CLASSIFIED depending on the sensitivity and threat to a countries air space.??

I recall the below quote;

"Airlines don't like to employ people who see strange things"

Dr. Richard Haines, Ames NASA Research Center - Chief of the Space Human Factors Office.

Now the below links are full of DATA that i would recommend you do some homework on.

The data below is just the tip of the UAP iceberg...

From declassified military radar hits of UAPs, to witness testimonies backed up by radar, to much data for anyones brain to fall out just yet..LOL. 

Some great forwarding links in this first file:

Pilot Sightings - (PDF File)
 Free Download: "On Pilots and UFOs” by Dr Willy Smith
 The UFO Evidence - Section V - PILOTS & AVIATION EXPERTS
 NARACAP Aircraft Survey Project (PDF File)
 The 'True' Report on Flying Saucers.

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

And by that your bias is plain to see.

By all  means keep an open mind, but i find the brain  might fall out condescending, when in truth,  and i bet my last yankee buck ,that no one has even bothered to look at ALL the available  data.  Have you??

Thought there was some revealing data found here regarding a 'reality check' on just how many people actually report their UFO sightings (I know I didn't) and when it comes to military/civilian pilots there's always been serious concerns about under reporting bias due to fear of ridicule, perceived competence, job security etc.

Now paying attention to the last bit, regarding ridicule , bias and more importantly job security, is it any wonder that 100s of UAP reports by military and civilian aviation pilots goes unreported or CLASSIFIED depending on the sensitivity and threat to a countries air space.??

I recall the below quote;

"Airlines don't like to employ people who see strange things"

Dr. Richard Haines, Ames NASA Research Center - Chief of the Space Human Factors Office.

Now the below links are full of DATA that i would recommend you do some homework on.

The data below is just the tip of the UAP iceberg...

From declassified military radar hits of UAPs, to witness testimonies backed up by radar, to much data for anyones brain to fall out just yet..LOL. 

Some great forwarding links in this first file:

Pilot Sightings - (PDF File)
 Free Download: "On Pilots and UFOs” by Dr Willy Smith
 The UFO Evidence - Section V - PILOTS & AVIATION EXPERTS
 NARACAP Aircraft Survey Project (PDF File)
 The 'True' Report on Flying Saucers.

Unexplained doesn't, and never has meant "alien".

The Universe has an absolute fixed speed limit - if an alien civilization did manage to transcend this, there's no way they are going to just come to the earth to buzz the atmosphere to wind up a few airforce pilots.

Or, as The Far Side put it:

DmeTPm9X4AExuvK.jpg

maroonlegions
17 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The Universe has an absolute fixed speed limit - if an alien civilization did manage to transcend this, there's no way they are going to just come to the earth to buzz the atmosphere to wind up a few airforce pilots.

DmeTPm9X4AExuvK.jpg

And "unexplained" has never EXCLUDED the POSSIBILITY of advanced ET intelligences being ruled out either.

Also the law of physics is possibly just right for our part of the universe we inhabit. 

NASA are already working on "warp drives".. Been some breakthroughs to, on such teck.

"Perhaps a Star Trek experience within our lifetime is not such a remote possibility." These are the words of Dr. Harold "Sonny" White, the Advanced Propulsion Theme Lead for the NASA Engineering Directorate. Dr. White and his colleagues don't just believe a real life warp drive is theoretically possible; they've already started the work to create one.

The answer lies precisely in those laws of physics. Dr. White and other physicists have found loopholes in some mathematical equations—loopholes that indicate that warping the space-time fabric is indeed possible.

Working at NASA Eagleworks—a skunkworks operation deep at NASA's Johnson Space Center—Dr. White's team is trying to find proof of those loopholes.

They have "initiated an interferometer test bed that will try to generate and detect a microscopic instance of a little warp bubble" using an instrument called the White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer.

It may sound like a small thing now, but the implications of the research huge. In his own words:

Although this is just a tiny instance of the phenomena, it will be existence proof for the idea of perturbing space time-a "Chicago pile" moment, as it were. Recall that December of 1942 saw the first demonstration of a controlled nuclear reaction that generated a whopping half watt. This existence proof was followed by the activation of a ~ four megawatt reactor in November of 1943. Existence proof for the practical application of a scientific idea can be a tipping point for technology development.

And then this on the laws of physics that are just right for our part of the universe we inhabit??

By Michael Brooks

New Scientist Default Image

Do the laws of physics change from one region of space to another?

(Image: NASA/ESA/R. Thompson/U of Arizona)

New evidence supports the idea that we live in an area of the universe that is “just right” for our existence. The controversial finding comes from an observation that one of the constants of nature appears to be different in different parts of the cosmos.

If correct, this result stands against Einstein’s equivalence principle, which states that the laws of physics are the same everywhere. “This finding was a real surprise to everyone,” says John Webb of the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. Webb is lead author on the new paper, which has been submitted to Physical Review Letters.

Even more surprising is the fact that the change in the constant appears to have an orientation, creating a “preferred direction”, or axis, across the cosmos. That idea was dismissed more than 100 years ago with the creation of Einstein’s special theory of relativity.

At the centre of the new study is the fine structure constant, also known as alpha. This number determines the strength of interactions between light and matter.

A decade ago, Webb used observations from the Keck telescope in Hawaii to analyse the light from distant galaxies called quasars. The data suggested that the value of alpha was very slightly smaller when the quasar light was emitted 12 billion years ago than it appears in laboratories on Earth today.

Now Webb’s colleague Julian King, also of the University of New South Wales, has analysed data from the Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile, which looks at a different region of the sky. The VLT data suggests that the value of alpha

elsewhere in the universe is very slightly bigger than on Earth.

Every chance then that some ET intelligences have the teck of warp drive.

And who is to say they are not on a "reconnaissance" mission, sending out high teck drones to explore our plant. After all would we not do that, purely from a scientific point of view. 

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19429-laws-of-physics-may-change-across-the-universe/#ixzz7KyGQLeyE

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19429-laws-of-physics-may-change-across-the-universe/#ixzz7KyG7IIxQ

maroonlegions
19 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I can entertain a thought without believing everything... you will find Ron halliday. Scotland's X files a very good read😀😀

Yes i knew him back in the 90s.

51 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And "unexplained" has never EXCLUDED the POSSIBILITY of advanced ET intelligences being ruled out either.

Also the law of physics is possibly just right for our part of the universe we inhabit. 

NASA are already working on "warp drives".. Been some breakthroughs to, on such teck.

"Perhaps a Star Trek experience within our lifetime is not such a remote possibility." These are the words of Dr. Harold "Sonny" White, the Advanced Propulsion Theme Lead for the NASA Engineering Directorate. Dr. White and his colleagues don't just believe a real life warp drive is theoretically possible; they've already started the work to create one.

The answer lies precisely in those laws of physics. Dr. White and other physicists have found loopholes in some mathematical equations—loopholes that indicate that warping the space-time fabric is indeed possible.

Working at NASA Eagleworks—a skunkworks operation deep at NASA's Johnson Space Center—Dr. White's team is trying to find proof of those loopholes.

They have "initiated an interferometer test bed that will try to generate and detect a microscopic instance of a little warp bubble" using an instrument called the White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer.

It may sound like a small thing now, but the implications of the research huge. In his own words:

Although this is just a tiny instance of the phenomena, it will be existence proof for the idea of perturbing space time-a "Chicago pile" moment, as it were. Recall that December of 1942 saw the first demonstration of a controlled nuclear reaction that generated a whopping half watt. This existence proof was followed by the activation of a ~ four megawatt reactor in November of 1943. Existence proof for the practical application of a scientific idea can be a tipping point for technology development.

And then this on the laws of physics that are just right for our part of the universe we inhabit??

By Michael Brooks

New Scientist Default Image

Do the laws of physics change from one region of space to another?

(Image: NASA/ESA/R. Thompson/U of Arizona)

New evidence supports the idea that we live in an area of the universe that is “just right” for our existence. The controversial finding comes from an observation that one of the constants of nature appears to be different in different parts of the cosmos.

If correct, this result stands against Einstein’s equivalence principle, which states that the laws of physics are the same everywhere. “This finding was a real surprise to everyone,” says John Webb of the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. Webb is lead author on the new paper, which has been submitted to Physical Review Letters.

Even more surprising is the fact that the change in the constant appears to have an orientation, creating a “preferred direction”, or axis, across the cosmos. That idea was dismissed more than 100 years ago with the creation of Einstein’s special theory of relativity.

At the centre of the new study is the fine structure constant, also known as alpha. This number determines the strength of interactions between light and matter.

A decade ago, Webb used observations from the Keck telescope in Hawaii to analyse the light from distant galaxies called quasars. The data suggested that the value of alpha was very slightly smaller when the quasar light was emitted 12 billion years ago than it appears in laboratories on Earth today.

Now Webb’s colleague Julian King, also of the University of New South Wales, has analysed data from the Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile, which looks at a different region of the sky. The VLT data suggests that the value of alpha

elsewhere in the universe is very slightly bigger than on Earth.

Every chance then that some ET intelligences have the teck of warp drive.

And who is to say they are not on a "reconnaissance" mission, sending out high teck drones to explore our plant. After all would we not do that, purely from a scientific point of view. 

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19429-laws-of-physics-may-change-across-the-universe/#ixzz7KyGQLeyE

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19429-laws-of-physics-may-change-across-the-universe/#ixzz7KyG7IIxQ

Cut & pasting splaff from articles doesn't firm up your desperation to prove aliens have visited us. 

Nasa has theoretical models of warp drives. That is all. There are two major stumbling blocks to ever developing such technologies:

1) The amount of energy required to warp space using an Alcubierre drive is calculated at roughly that of 1.5 million Hiroshimas. 
2) When you arrive at your destination, the energy released by "unwarping" will destroy the entire system. 

Also, I think people don't appreciate the distances involved - even if ships could travel at the speed of light, it would take 100,000 years to traverse our galaxy alone and over 4.3 years at light speed to reach our nearest star, Alpha Centauri. That isn't factoring in safe acceleration and deceleration times. 

Whilst some exotic physics may yet be discovered, I don't buy for a second that physics only applies to our region of space. Irrespective, if our region of space precludes anything going faster than light since it would possess infinite mass and also possess zero speed, then that stands for any other civilization trying to circumvent the laws that apply here.

Quantum tunnelling won't help since it is a phenomenon restricted to the smallest particles and will not work at the macro scale. 

We are not alone in the universe, but we are alone here on earth. 

20 hours ago, Gizmo said:

DmeTPm9X4AExuvK.jpg

Was about to post something exactly along these lines.  A UFO is just that: Unidentified.  It might be a flare, it might be a plane it might be a flock of birds, it might be a weather balloon, it might be a top-secret military aircraft.  The very least likely thing it could be is an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

I can’t help but think if a civilisation has the technology to master interstellar flight, they’re going to be able to keep themselves hidden.

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Was about to post something exactly along these lines.  A UFO is just that: Unidentified.  It might be a flare, it might be a plane it might be a flock of birds, it might be a weather balloon, it might be a top-secret military aircraft.  The very least likely thing it could be is an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

I can’t help but think if a civilisation has the technology to master interstellar flight, they’re going to be able to keep themselves hidden.

Yeah, agreed. We'd not be terribly interesting to them - like ants, basically.

Also the point I made wasn't that it was strictly impossible - that would be quite a claim given we are always discovering more about the cosmos and the nature of reality. What I said, and went flying over the OP's head like a frisbee/UFO, was that if a civilization could travel interstellar distances at FTL speeds, why would they waste all that energy to come here and buzz the atmosphere or show off to a few airline/airforce pilots?

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Yeah, agreed. We'd not be terribly interesting to them - like ants, basically.

Also the point I made wasn't that it was strictly impossible - that would be quite a claim given we are always discovering more about the cosmos and the nature of reality. What I said, and went flying over the OP's head like a frisbee/UFO, was that if a civilization could travel interstellar distances at FTL speeds, why would they waste all that energy to come here and buzz the atmosphere or show off to a few airline/airforce pilots?

Or pick up a couple of random guys on the A70 and subject them to medical examinations?

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Or pick up a couple of random guys on the A70 and subject them to medical examinations?

haha. 

Tell you what is a weird road in the early hours, the A71. Once drove back late at night after going to one of the early T in the Park. One one side of the road - clear skies, stars and being summer, still some colour to it. The other side was crackling with this storm that was purple, black, blue and being regularly lit by fork lightning that seemed to parallel the road, which bisected the two weather fronts straight down the middle.

That was eerie. The road goes straight on for miles and miles. No dwellings, buildings or anything along either side for a lot ofd it. Yet driving along suddenly see someone is walking along the road on their own. There's been nothing at all behind me for miles, no other cars  and I saw no houses or buildings ahead for miles either. 

Very strange drive. I didn't get probed tho. 

maroonlegions
On 15/02/2022 at 14:59, Gizmo said:

Cut & pasting splaff from articles doesn't firm up your desperation to prove aliens have visited us. 

Nasa has theoretical models of warp drives. That is all. There are two major stumbling blocks to ever developing such technologies:

1) The amount of energy required to warp space using an Alcubierre drive is calculated at roughly that of 1.5 million Hiroshimas. 
2) When you arrive at your destination, the energy released by "unwarping" will destroy the entire system. 

Also, I think people don't appreciate the distances involved - even if ships could travel at the speed of light, it would take 100,000 years to traverse our galaxy alone and over 4.3 years at light speed to reach our nearest star, Alpha Centauri. That isn't factoring in safe acceleration and deceleration times. 

Whilst some exotic physics may yet be discovered, I don't buy for a second that physics only applies to our region of space. Irrespective, if our region of space precludes anything going faster than light since it would possess infinite mass and also possess zero speed, then that stands for any other civilization trying to circumvent the laws that apply here.

Quantum tunnelling won't help since it is a phenomenon restricted to the smallest particles and will not work at the macro scale. 

We are not alone in the universe, but we are alone here on earth. 

Cutting and pasting SPLAFF..:rofl::vrface:

Man you sound really desperate. YOu do realise that those links and snippets from them are NOT SPLAFF..  

You know that anyway..  

I have gave very credible sources from that SPLAFF. 

And you know that too.

You are just splaffing your opinion. 

In reality mate you know feck all.

Answer me this.  Why is your above SPLAFF of opinions more credible 

than those who fecking are credible .:rofl::vrface:

I have posted and provided LEGIT FOIA UAP documents. 

You the other hand have provided WHAT??

You seem to have had a wee nerve struck when i owned you with highly credible  sources and documents proving beyond doubt that those in the US government and military ate NOT ruling out ET sources for SOME UAP cases that contain very high strangeness. 

So your SPLAFF of your OPINIONS has no FECKING  real value in the REAL world of this ongoing phenomenon.

It's all speculation and hearsay from those that rule out ANY possibilities of even just ONE UAP unexplained case being ET in source.

Remember it takes just one UAP case .

You need more homework on this UAP subject  judging by your childlike replies.

Unless you have school tomorrow.

I expect the below homework to be a least attempted and will be waiting eagerly for you scientific and NON bias replies.

The US and UK and other governments have NOT ruled out ET sources for SOME highly unexplained UAP cases , especially involving direct encounters  with their respective military encounters.

France carried out an extensive  scientific UFO   investigation involving cases from its air force and civilian aviation encounters , guess what, it did NOT rule out a ET  hypothesis for some of the harder to explain UNEXPLAINED UAP cases. Belgium did the same Argentina, Brazil and Chile did the same .And GUESS what they came to the SAME conclusions.

You can see were i am going on this but i will hold back for now ,as i feel you have had your arse handed back to you on a CREDABLE  plate. 

Anyway here below is some more very CREDIBLE SPLAFF that i hope even you will be arsed looking at.

FItbaw punters oan a fitbaw forum thinking that their OPINIONS are more credible and BELIEVABLE than those sources below.:rofl:

Some of the more interesting government UFO documents:

UFO visually correlated by pilot and ground radar for 49 minutes

49 MINUTES RADAR VISUAL UFO OBSERVATION, 1955:

The report is quite spectacular.

It is a copy of a preliminary report of the Pepperell AFB, Newfoundland UFO sighting.

The authors are aware of the importance of the sighting: they acknowledge that there are radar/visual sightings "from time to time," but this one lasted 49 minutes.

Also, the pilot and the ground radar operator communicated in real time what the manoeuvers of the objects were and the concordance is established "exactly."

Link

---

Document discussing several UFO incidents in the vicinity of the A.E.C (Atomic Energy Commission) at Los Alamos, New Mexico

TO: DIRECTOR, FBI DATE: January 31, 1949

SUBJECT: PROTECTION OF VITAL INSTALLATIONS

FILS 65-58300

CONFIDENTIAL

...During the past two months various sightings of unexplained phenomena have been reported in the vicinity of the A.E.C [Atomic Energy Commission] at Los Alamos, New Mexico, where these phenomena now appear to be concentrated. During December 1948 on the 5th, 6th, 8th, 13, 14th, 20th and 25th sightings of unexplained phenomena were made near Los Alamos by Special Agents of the Office of Special Investigation; Airline Pilots; Military Pilots; Los Alamos Security Inspectors, and private citizens. On January 6, 1949, another similar object was sighted in the same area.

Link

link   

UFO Observed By Pilots Making 90 Degree Turn ~ September 10, 1951

Document One

Document Two

Lt. Rogers followed the object in a diving turn to the left descending to an altitude of about 16,000 fet with the object about 8,000 feet below and to the right of the aircraft. Thereafter he tried to keep a course paralleling, but above, that of the object.

As soon as Major Ballard completed his radio report he was notified of the strange object. Both watched it make a 90 degree turn to the left and kept it under observation together while it covered approximately 20 miles before it disappeared out to sea.

On the same date a radar station at Ft. Monmouth reported two targets that were unidentified, traveling over 700 mph, and giving returns that could not be explained as being equipment malfunction, anomalous propagation, or anything but an actual target as described in the attached report.

Link

---

USAF Document describing unknown object 'making crater' in Swedish lake:

Document

---

CIA report Flying Saucers over Belgian Congo Uranium mines

Document

---

Multiple Radar and Visual Sighting of two UFOs -US army.Panama, 1958

Document

Links:

Ufologie - FOIA declassified documents

UFO Evidence - Government UFO Documents

The Black Vault -Government Document Archive

UFO-Related Documentation in PDF Format

This is again the TIP of the UAP UNEXPLAINED conclusions and cases from the US military intelligences.   

42 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Cutting and pasting SPLAFF..:rofl::vrface:

Man you sound really desperate. YOu do realise that those links and snippets from them are NOT SPLAFF..  

You know that anyway..  

I have gave very credible sources from that SPLAFF. 

And you know that too.

You are just splaffing your opinion. 

In reality mate you know feck all.

Answer me this.  Why is your above SPLAFF of opinions more credible 

than those who fecking are credible .:rofl::vrface:

I have posted and provided LEGIT FOIA UAP documents. 

You the other hand have provided WHAT??

You seem to have had a wee nerve struck when i owned you with highly credible  sources and documents proving beyond doubt that those in the US government and military ate NOT ruling out ET sources for SOME UAP cases that contain very high strangeness. 

So your SPLAFF of your OPINIONS has no FECKING  real value in the REAL world of this ongoing phenomenon.

It's all speculation and hearsay from those that rule out ANY possibilities of even just ONE UAP unexplained case being ET in source.

Remember it takes just one UAP case .

You need more homework on this UAP subject  judging by your childlike replies.

Unless you have school tomorrow.

I expect the below homework to be a least attempted and will be waiting eagerly for you scientific and NON bias replies.

The US and UK and other governments have NOT ruled out ET sources for SOME highly unexplained UAP cases , especially involving direct encounters  with their respective military encounters.

France carried out an extensive  scientific UFO   investigation involving cases from its air force and civilian aviation encounters , guess what, it did NOT rule out a ET  hypothesis for some of the harder to explain UNEXPLAINED UAP cases. Belgium did the same Argentina, Brazil and Chile did the same .And GUESS what they came to the SAME conclusions.

You can see were i am going on this but i will hold back for now ,as i feel you have had your arse handed back to you on a CREDABLE  plate. 

Anyway here below is some more very CREDIBLE SPLAFF that i hope even you will be arsed looking at.

FItbaw punters oan a fitbaw forum thinking that their OPINIONS are more credible and BELIEVABLE than those sources below.:rofl:

Some of the more interesting government UFO documents:

UFO visually correlated by pilot and ground radar for 49 minutes

49 MINUTES RADAR VISUAL UFO OBSERVATION, 1955:

The report is quite spectacular.

It is a copy of a preliminary report of the Pepperell AFB, Newfoundland UFO sighting.

The authors are aware of the importance of the sighting: they acknowledge that there are radar/visual sightings "from time to time," but this one lasted 49 minutes.

Also, the pilot and the ground radar operator communicated in real time what the manoeuvers of the objects were and the concordance is established "exactly."

Link

---

Document discussing several UFO incidents in the vicinity of the A.E.C (Atomic Energy Commission) at Los Alamos, New Mexico

TO: DIRECTOR, FBI DATE: January 31, 1949

SUBJECT: PROTECTION OF VITAL INSTALLATIONS

FILS 65-58300

CONFIDENTIAL

...During the past two months various sightings of unexplained phenomena have been reported in the vicinity of the A.E.C [Atomic Energy Commission] at Los Alamos, New Mexico, where these phenomena now appear to be concentrated. During December 1948 on the 5th, 6th, 8th, 13, 14th, 20th and 25th sightings of unexplained phenomena were made near Los Alamos by Special Agents of the Office of Special Investigation; Airline Pilots; Military Pilots; Los Alamos Security Inspectors, and private citizens. On January 6, 1949, another similar object was sighted in the same area.

Link

link   

UFO Observed By Pilots Making 90 Degree Turn ~ September 10, 1951

Document One

Document Two

Lt. Rogers followed the object in a diving turn to the left descending to an altitude of about 16,000 fet with the object about 8,000 feet below and to the right of the aircraft. Thereafter he tried to keep a course paralleling, but above, that of the object.

As soon as Major Ballard completed his radio report he was notified of the strange object. Both watched it make a 90 degree turn to the left and kept it under observation together while it covered approximately 20 miles before it disappeared out to sea.

On the same date a radar station at Ft. Monmouth reported two targets that were unidentified, traveling over 700 mph, and giving returns that could not be explained as being equipment malfunction, anomalous propagation, or anything but an actual target as described in the attached report.

Link

---

USAF Document describing unknown object 'making crater' in Swedish lake:

Document

---

CIA report Flying Saucers over Belgian Congo Uranium mines

Document

---

Multiple Radar and Visual Sighting of two UFOs -US army.Panama, 1958

Document

Links:

Ufologie - FOIA declassified documents

UFO Evidence - Government UFO Documents

The Black Vault -Government Document Archive

UFO-Related Documentation in PDF Format

This is again the TIP of the UAP UNEXPLAINED conclusions and cases from the US military intelligences.   

You still aren't getting it, are you? You paste a ton of stuff but it is meaningless noise - you haven't addressed the fundamental questions that limit contact with other alien civilizations to pretty much zero. I'm not desperate in the slightest - I'm not pulling in 50 references to back up my informed viewpoint - I refer to fundamental limitations and ask how they can be overcome.

I'm a huge space exploration fan and also interested in astro-physics. I post from the perspective of an informed layman. 

I don't believe you have anything to offer here  - no deep insight, no understanding. Just wishful thinking and I don't think you even grasp that UFO means unidentified, not alien. 

But since you like making claims to authority, here are 4 leading astrophysicists on aliens:

Brian Cox: 

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: 

Michio Kaku: 

Laurence Krauss: https://www.closertotruth.com/interviews/255

None of them believe that aliens have visited us. 

The only thing of interest you posted was about the concept of seeding the universe with robots that self-replicate and send themselves out to make contact and seed the cosmos at exponential speed. That's the theory behind 2001 A Space Odyssey. It has merit as something an advanced civilisation could do, but we've seen no sign of any alien artefacts whatsoever.  

As for being an opinion on a football forum - yes it is, just like yours! I'll leave it to others to judge the crediblity and understanding displayed by both of us. I'd say it was pretty obvious which of us has explored astrophysics and is a true space exploration fan, without me needing to post my Planetary Society membership. ;)

maroonlegions
21 hours ago, Gizmo said:

You still aren't getting it, are you? You paste a ton of stuff but it is meaningless noise - you haven't addressed the fundamental questions that limit contact with other alien civilizations to pretty much zero. I'm not desperate in the slightest - I'm not pulling in 50 references to back up my informed viewpoint - I refer to fundamental limitations and ask how they can be overcome.

I'm a huge space exploration fan and also interested in astro-physics. I post from the perspective of an informed layman. 

I don't believe you have anything to offer here  - no deep insight, no understanding. Just wishful thinking and I don't think you even grasp that UFO means unidentified, not alien. 

But since you like making claims to authority, here are 4 leading astrophysicists on aliens:

Brian Cox: 

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: 

Michio Kaku: 

Laurence Krauss: https://www.closertotruth.com/interviews/255

None of them believe that aliens have visited us. 

The only thing of interest you posted was about the concept of seeding the universe with robots that self-replicate and send themselves out to make contact and seed the cosmos at exponential speed. That's the theory behind 2001 A Space Odyssey. It has merit as something an advanced civilisation could do, but we've seen no sign of any alien artefacts whatsoever.  

As for being an opinion on a football forum - yes it is, just like yours! I'll leave it to others to judge the crediblity and understanding displayed by both of us. I'd say it was pretty obvious which of us has explored astrophysics and is a true space exploration fan, without me needing to post my Planetary Society membership. ;)

So its ok for you to post credible sources that form your bias but when i do its SPLAFF..:rofl:

The below high ranking individuals would NEVER rule out a ET hypothesis for SOME unexplained and high strangeness UAPS.    

I will post them below because i bet you have never even been aware of these quotes that were made from very high ranking individuals.

There HAVE been in the past ,individuals on a par, with the likes of those you have  quoted above,  that match in the credibility and scientific disciplines that did not rule out the POSSIBILITY of a ET source.

So as you try and refute that ET possibility  with credible sources it just serves the flame that there is and always has been a divided line between the scientific communities.

That fact still does nothing but adds a cocktail of yes and no.. It in fact makes no  headway of a non possibility of highly advanced civilizations  having the teck to get here. Maybe in unmanned , high teck drones bent on a reconnaissance mission.

Would you land here. :rofl:

I stand by the POSSIBILITY that out there,in the vastness ,of not only our universe  but others too that highly advanced intelligences have indeed ,(in the past too), entered our atmosphere for whatever reasons. 

The old line of nothing to see here so move along is old and outdated as science ,quantum mechanics ect opens up new discoveries, that a highly developed civilization are already light years ahead of us with.   

Like the Dutch boys finger in the damn, holding back the future???? 

Oh and NO comment on NASA warp drive or what the VLT in Chile discovered about physics for our part of the universe we inhabit....LOts of noise was it..   :vrface:

UNITED STATES
Military / Intelligence

General Nathan D. Twining
, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1960). As Lieutenant General in charge of the Air Force Air Materiel Command at Wright-Field, Ohio, he reported in 1947 on his investigation of UFO sightings to date:

"a. The phenomena reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious.

b. There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft.

c. There is a possibility that some of the incidents may be caused by natural phenomena, such as meteors.

d. The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely."
 (Letter to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces, September 23, 1947.)  

J. Edgar Hoover, in response to a government request to study UFOs:

"I would do it, but before agreeing to do it, we must insist upon full access to discs recovered. For instance, in the L.A. [or La.] case, the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination." (Handwritten note to Clyde Tolson, July 15, 1947.)  

General Walter Bedell Smith, Director of the CIA from 1950-53 stated:

"The Central Intelligence Agency has reviewed the current situation concerning unidentified flying objects which have created extensive speculation in the press and have been the subject of concern to Government organizations... Since 1947, approximately 2,000 official reports of sightings have been received and of these, about 20% are as yet unexplained.

"It is my view that this situation has possible implications for our national security which transcend the interests of a single service. A broader, coordinated effort should be initiated to develop a firm scientific understanding of the several phenomena which apparently are involved in these reports..." 
(1952 memorandum to the National Security Council.) 

General Douglas MacArthur:

"Because of the developments of science, all the countries on earth will have to unite to survive and to make a common front against attack by people from other planets. The politics of the future will be cosmic, or interplanetary." (The New York Times, October 8, 1955.)

"You now face a new world - a world of change. The thrust into outer space of the satellite, spheres and missiles marked the beginning of another epoch in the long story of mankind - the chapter of the space age... We speak in strange terms: of harnessing the cosmic energy... of the primary target in war, no longer limited to the armed forces of an enemy, but instead to include his civil populations; of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy... " (Address by General Douglas MacArthur to the United States Military Academy at West Point, May 12, 1962.)  

Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, Chief of Project Blue Book, from his book, The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, 1956:

"Every time I get skeptical, I think of the other reports made by experienced pilots and radar operators, scientists, and other people who know what they are looking at. These reports were thoroughly investigated and they are still unknowns.

"We have no aircraft on this earth that can at will so handily outdistance our latest jets... The pilots, radar specialists, generals, industrialists, scientists, and the man on the street who have told me, 'I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it myself,' knew what they were talking about. Maybe the Earth is being visited by interplanetary space ships.

His comments on the Lubbock lights case:

"When four college professors, a geologist, a chemist, a physicist and a petroleum engineer report seeing the same UFOs on fourteen different occasions, the event can be classified as, at least, unusual. Add the fact that hundreds of other people saw these UFOs and that they were photographed, and the story gets even better. Add a few more facts - that these UFOs were picked up on radar and that a few people got a close look at one of them, and the story begins to convince even the most ardent skeptic." (Ruppelt, Edward J., The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, New York: Doubleday, 1956.)  

Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first Director of the CIA (1947-50). In 1957, he joined the Board of Governors of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomenon (NICAP), a UFO investigating group. In 1960, he stated:

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is... " (Maccabee, Bruce, "What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986.)

He also recommended:

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense." (Statement in a NICAP news release, February 27, 1960.)

General Curtis LeMay, Air Force Chief of Staff, in his 1965 autobiography, Mission With LeMay, stated that although the bulk of UFO reports could be explained as conventional or natural phenomena, some could not:

"We had a number of reports from reputable individuals (well-educated serious-minded folks, scientists and fliers) who surely saw something.

"Many of the mysteries might be explained away as weather balloons, stars, reflected lights, all sorts of odds and ends. I don't mean to say that, in the unclosed and unexplained or unexplainable instances, those were actually flying objects. All I can say is that no natural phenomena could be found to account for them... Repeat again: There were some cases we could not explain. Never could."
 (Statement from 1965 autobiography Mission With LeMay, with MacKinlay Kantor, New York: Doubleday, 1965.)  

Major General E.B. LeBaily, USAF Director of Information:

"Many of the reports that cannot be explained have come from intelligent and technically well-qualified individuals whose integrity cannot be doubted." (September 28, 1965, letter to USAF Scientific Advisory Board requesting a review of the UFO project. Gillmor, Daniel S., ed. "Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects" (The Condon Report), New York Times Books, 1969.) 

General George S. Brown, USAF Chief of Staff, addressed the appearance of UFOs during the Vietnam War at a press conference:

"I don't know whether this story has ever been told or not. They weren't called UFOs. They were called enemy helicopters. And they were only seen at night and they were only seen in certain places. They were seen up around the DMZ [demilitarized zone] in the early summer of '68. And this resulted in quite a little battle. And in the course of this, an Australian destroyer took a hit and we never found any enemy, we only found ourselves when this had all been sorted out. And this caused some shooting there, and there was no enemy at all involved but we always reacted. Always after dark. The same thing happened up at Pleiku at the Highlands in '69." (Department of Defense transcript of press conference in Illinois, October 16, 1973.)  

Lt. Col. Lawrence J. Coyne, U.S. Army Reserve helicopter pilot with 3,000 hours of flying time. He and other three airmen had a close encounter with a UFO on the night of October 18, 1973, while flying in a U.S. Army Bell Huey utility helicopter in the vicinity of Mansfield, Ohio. Lt. Coyne described his experience at a United Nations UFO hearing in 1978:

"With the aircraft under my control, I observed the red-lighted object closing upon the helicopter at the same altitude at a high rate of speed. It became apparent a mid-air collision was about to happen unless evasive action was taken.

"I looked out ahead of the helicopter and observed an aircraft I have never seen before. This craft positioned itself directly in front of the moving helicopter. This craft was 50 to 60 feet long with a grey metallic structure. On the front of this craft was a large steady bright red light. I could delineate where the red stopped on the structure of this craft because red was reflecting off the grey structure. The design of this craft was symmetrical in shape with a prominent aft indentation on the undercarriage. From this portion of the undercarriage, a green light, pyramid-shaped, emerged with the light initially in the trail position. This green light then swung 90 degrees, coming directly into the front windshield and lighting up the entire cockpit of the aircraft. All colors inside the cabin of the helicopter were absorbed by this green light. That includes the instrument panel lights on the aircraft.

"As a result of my experience, I am convinced this object was real and that these types of incidents should require a thorough investigation. It is my own personal opinion that worldwide procedures need to be established to effectively study this phenomena through an international cooperative effort. The establishment of a Transponder Code for aircraft flying worldwide is needed, to identify to ground controllers that a pilot is indeed experiencing a UFO phenomena and that pilot anxiety can be reduced to provide safe effective flying, knowing he is under radar control."
 (Statement to the Special Political Committee of the United Nations, November 27, 1978.)  

Victor Marchetti, former CIA official:

"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.

"The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit that there are beings from outer space... with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we now know it, could collapse into anarchy.

"Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security.'"
 (Marchetti, Victor: "How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon," Second Look, Vol. 1, No.7, Washington, D.C., May 1979.) 

Edited by maroonlegions

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So its ok for you to post credible sources that form your bias but when i do its SPLAFF..:rofl:

The below high ranking individuals would NEVER rule out a ET hypothesis for SOME unexplained and high strangeness UAPS.    

I will post them below because i bet you have never even been aware of these quotes that were made from very high ranking individuals.

There HAVE been in the past ,individuals on a par, with the likes of those you have  quoted above,  that match in the credibility and scientific disciplines that did not rule out the POSSIBILITY of a ET source.

So as you try and refute that ET possibility  with credible sources it just serves the flame that there is and always has been a divided line between the scientific communities.

That fact still does nothing but adds a cocktail of yes and no.. It in fact makes no  headway of a non possibility of highly advanced civilizations  having the teck to get here. Maybe in unmanned , high teck drones bent on a reconnaissance mission.

I stand by the POSSIBILITY that out there,in the vastness ,of not only our universe  but others too that highly advanced intelligences have indeed ,(in the past too), entered our atmosphere for whatever reasons. 

The old line of nothing to see here so move along is old and outdated as science ,quantum mechanics ect opens up new discoveries, that a highly developed civilization are already light years ahead of us with.   

Oh and NO comment on NASA warp drive or what the VLT in Chile discovered about physics for our part of the universe we inhabit....LOts of noise was it..   :vrface:

UNITED STATES
Military / Intelligence

, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1960). As Lieutenant General in charge of the Air Force Air Materiel Command at Wright-Field, Ohio, he reported in 1947 on his investigation of UFO sightings to date:

b. There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft.

c. There is a possibility that some of the incidents may be caused by natural phenomena, such as meteors.

d. The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely."
 (Letter to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces, September 23, 1947.)  

"I would do it, but before agreeing to do it, we must insist upon full access to discs recovered. For instance, in the L.A. [or La.] case, the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination." (Handwritten note to Clyde Tolson, July 15, 1947.)  

"The Central Intelligence Agency has reviewed the current situation concerning unidentified flying objects which have created extensive speculation in the press and have been the subject of concern to Government organizations... Since 1947, approximately 2,000 official reports of sightings have been received and of these, about 20% are as yet unexplained.

"It is my view that this situation has possible implications for our national security which transcend the interests of a single service. A broader, coordinated effort should be initiated to develop a firm scientific understanding of the several phenomena which apparently are involved in these reports..." 

"Because of the developments of science, all the countries on earth will have to unite to survive and to make a common front against attack by people from other planets. The politics of the future will be cosmic, or interplanetary." (The New York Times, October 8, 1955.)

"You now face a new world - a world of change. The thrust into outer space of the satellite, spheres and missiles marked the beginning of another epoch in the long story of mankind - the chapter of the space age... We speak in strange terms: of harnessing the cosmic energy... of the primary target in war, no longer limited to the armed forces of an enemy, but instead to include his civil populations; of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy... " (Address by General Douglas MacArthur to the United States Military Academy at West Point, May 12, 1962.)  

Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, Chief of Project Blue Book, from his book, The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, 1956:

"Every time I get skeptical, I think of the other reports made by experienced pilots and radar operators, scientists, and other people who know what they are looking at. These reports were thoroughly investigated and they are still unknowns.

"We have no aircraft on this earth that can at will so handily outdistance our latest jets... The pilots, radar specialists, generals, industrialists, scientists, and the man on the street who have told me, 'I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it myself,' knew what they were talking about. Maybe the Earth is being visited by interplanetary space ships.

"When four college professors, a geologist, a chemist, a physicist and a petroleum engineer report seeing the same UFOs on fourteen different occasions, the event can be classified as, at least, unusual. Add the fact that hundreds of other people saw these UFOs and that they were photographed, and the story gets even better. Add a few more facts - that these UFOs were picked up on radar and that a few people got a close look at one of them, and the story begins to convince even the most ardent skeptic." (Ruppelt, Edward J., The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, New York: Doubleday, 1956.)  

Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first Director of the CIA (1947-50). In 1957, he joined the Board of Governors of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomenon (NICAP), a UFO investigating group. In 1960, he stated:

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is... " (Maccabee, Bruce, "What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986.)

He also recommended:

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense." (Statement in a NICAP news release, February 27, 1960.)

General Curtis LeMay, Air Force Chief of Staff, in his 1965 autobiography, Mission With LeMay, stated that although the bulk of UFO reports could be explained as conventional or natural phenomena, some could not:

"We had a number of reports from reputable individuals (well-educated serious-minded folks, scientists and fliers) who surely saw something.

"Many of the mysteries might be explained away as weather balloons, stars, reflected lights, all sorts of odds and ends. I don't mean to say that, in the unclosed and unexplained or unexplainable instances, those were actually flying objects. All I can say is that no natural phenomena could be found to account for them... Repeat again: There were some cases we could not explain. Never could."
 (Statement from 1965 autobiography Mission With LeMay, with MacKinlay Kantor, New York: Doubleday, 1965.)  

"Many of the reports that cannot be explained have come from intelligent and technically well-qualified individuals whose integrity cannot be doubted." (September 28, 1965, letter to USAF Scientific Advisory Board requesting a review of the UFO project. Gillmor, Daniel S., ed. "Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects" (The Condon Report), New York Times Books, 1969.) 

General George S. Brown, USAF Chief of Staff, addressed the appearance of UFOs during the Vietnam War at a press conference:

"I don't know whether this story has ever been told or not. They weren't called UFOs. They were called enemy helicopters. And they were only seen at night and they were only seen in certain places. They were seen up around the DMZ [demilitarized zone] in the early summer of '68. And this resulted in quite a little battle. And in the course of this, an Australian destroyer took a hit and we never found any enemy, we only found ourselves when this had all been sorted out. And this caused some shooting there, and there was no enemy at all involved but we always reacted. Always after dark. The same thing happened up at Pleiku at the Highlands in '69." (Department of Defense transcript of press conference in Illinois, October 16, 1973.)  

Lt. Col. Lawrence J. Coyne, U.S. Army Reserve helicopter pilot with 3,000 hours of flying time. He and other three airmen had a close encounter with a UFO on the night of October 18, 1973, while flying in a U.S. Army Bell Huey utility helicopter in the vicinity of Mansfield, Ohio. Lt. Coyne described his experience at a United Nations UFO hearing in 1978:

"With the aircraft under my control, I observed the red-lighted object closing upon the helicopter at the same altitude at a high rate of speed. It became apparent a mid-air collision was about to happen unless evasive action was taken.

"I looked out ahead of the helicopter and observed an aircraft I have never seen before. This craft positioned itself directly in front of the moving helicopter. This craft was 50 to 60 feet long with a grey metallic structure. On the front of this craft was a large steady bright red light. I could delineate where the red stopped on the structure of this craft because red was reflecting off the grey structure. The design of this craft was symmetrical in shape with a prominent aft indentation on the undercarriage. From this portion of the undercarriage, a green light, pyramid-shaped, emerged with the light initially in the trail position. This green light then swung 90 degrees, coming directly into the front windshield and lighting up the entire cockpit of the aircraft. All colors inside the cabin of the helicopter were absorbed by this green light. That includes the instrument panel lights on the aircraft.

"As a result of my experience, I am convinced this object was real and that these types of incidents should require a thorough investigation. It is my own personal opinion that worldwide procedures need to be established to effectively study this phenomena through an international cooperative effort. The establishment of a Transponder Code for aircraft flying worldwide is needed, to identify to ground controllers that a pilot is indeed experiencing a UFO phenomena and that pilot anxiety can be reduced to provide safe effective flying, knowing he is under radar control."
 (Statement to the Special Political Committee of the United Nations, November 27, 1978.)  

"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.

"The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit that there are beings from outer space... with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we now know it, could collapse into anarchy.

"Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security.'"
 (Marchetti, Victor: "How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon," Second Look, Vol. 1, No.7, Washington, D.C., May 1979.) 

Fake news 

15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

UNITED STATES
Military / Intelligence

He also recommended:

Way to prove you're not posting splaff