We are not alone.... Maybe.

Greedy Jambo

J.T.F.Robertson
8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

To tie this side discussion back into the topic of the thread (before I get a telling off), I think that in the distant future, if and when humans encounter life on a different planet, the dominant life forms, maybe even intelligent life forms, are as likely to be plants as animals.

Day of the Triffids. 

You know, even the smartest among us refer to "impossibilities", but to my limited mind and recognising the cosmic scale, there are none and can't be any. Whether it be the so called "necessity" for liquid water as a genesis for life or any other "facts".

Anything's possible. It doesn't have to conform to what was required to make our appearance.

Again, don't ask how I "know". ;)

Time for bed, :(

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

Horatio Caine
8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Day of the Triffids. 

You know, even the smartest among us refer to "impossibilities", but to my limited mind and recognising the cosmic scale, there are none and can't be any. Whether it be the so called "necessity" for liquid water as a genesis for life or any other "facts".

Anything's possible. It doesn't have to conform to what was required to make our appearance.

Again, don't ask how I "know". ;)

Time for bed, :(

I agree.  We only know what we know which, in the universal scheme of things is probably feck all.  So, as you say, anything is possible.

WorldChampions1902

Imagine being one-time Defence Minister of Canada and saying all this about ET’s. I mean…..it’s not as if he could actually have evidence, could he?? 

The last Defence Minister I know of that was so vocal about UFO’s and aliens was James Forrestal, who conveniently committed suicide (allegedly), whilst in a US Naval hospital.

http://newsnow24hrs.com/2021/06/08/ɪғ-ᴡᴇ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ-ᴀ-ᴜғᴏ-ᴡᴇʟʟ-ʙᴇ-ғᴀᴄɪ/?fbclid=IwAR0tgTal_kdkjQ5bgzVGy9vGPRl4D1ScjNP5Xi9g46AyNMyRHWirhPOnLaY

25 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Imagine being one-time Defence Minister of Canada and saying all this about ET’s. I mean…..it’s not as if he could actually have evidence, could he?? 

The last Defence Minister I know of that was so vocal about UFO’s and aliens was James Forrestal, who conveniently committed suicide (allegedly), whilst in a US Naval hospital.

http://newsnow24hrs.com/2021/06/08/ɪғ-ᴡᴇ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ-ᴀ-ᴜғᴏ-ᴡᴇʟʟ-ʙᴇ-ғᴀᴄɪ/?fbclid=IwAR0tgTal_kdkjQ5bgzVGy9vGPRl4D1ScjNP5Xi9g46AyNMyRHWirhPOnLaY

Paul Hellyer was not the sharpest knife in the drawer when he was Defence Minister and reading that article makes me wonder about his cognitive decline (he's 97 years old).

For example: "There are extraterrestrials living on a planet called Andromedia, which is a moon of Saturn."  Well which is it, a planet or a moon?  And by the way, Saturn doesn't have a moon by that name.

Another example:  He talks about a "famous case" of an alien ship landing in Russia, but he can't remember the name of the place.

And another:  He gets three of four emails a week from people who've actually been on alien ships and have been transported to other planets.  Is that supposed to be convincing?

Finally, this extract from that article:  This is nonsensical babbling:

PH: They don’t want to tell us how to run our affairs, they have accepted the fact that this is our planet, and that we have the right to run it, but they are very-very concerned: they don’t think we are good stewards of our planet, we’re clear cutting our forests, we’re polluting our rivers and our lakes, and we’re dumping sewage in the oceans, and we’re doing all sorts of things which are not what good stewards of their homes should be doing. They don’t like that and they made it very clear. As a matter of fact they have given us a warning.

SS: How?

PH: This has come from more than one source…

SS: How have they made it clear, what have they done?

PH: They have talked to people. One of the chaps I’ve talked with about a month ago was interacting with them in 1974, he and his brother, in Peru. They were taken to Andromedia, teleported. They were told what people there think and that we’re really wrecking our planet and in fact that something dreadful is going to happen to it if we don’t smarten up and change our ways.

maroonlegions

Leslie Keen is a must for those seriously interested in  what the worlds military  has encountered and recorded and witnessed in the restricted air space of their nations. 

First out was her study of a French military "think tank".    

"In 1999, the independent journalist was handed a scoop by a French colleague: a 90-page report of UFO sightings by military and commercial pilots. The document, called UFOs and Defense: For What Must We Prepare Ourselves? (in French: Les OVNI et la Défense: À Quoi Doit-On Se Préparer?), was eventually published by a French military thinktank."

Then there was her book ...   Packed with credible individuals who had the guts to come forward with what they knew, were privy to, (above top secret and classified military UAP reports), and even witnessed.

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Impeccably researched, this riveting journalistic investigation separates fact from fiction, and documents the existence of—and government reactions to—actual UFOs. 

“A treasure trove of insightful and eye-opening information.”—Michio Kaku, PH.D., bestselling author of Physics of the Future

Leslie Kean, a veteran investigative reporter who has spent the past ten years studying the still-unexplained UFO phenomenon, reviewed hundreds of government documents, aviation reports, radar data, and case studies with corroborating physical evidence.

She interviewed dozens of high-level officials and aviation witnesses from around the world. Among them, five Air Force generals and a host of high-level sources—including Fife Symington III, former governor of Arizona, and Nick Pope, former head of the British Defence Ministry’s UFO Investigative Unit—have written their own breathtaking, firsthand accounts about UFO encounters and investigations exclusively for this book.

With the support of former White House chief of staff John Podesta, Kean lifts the veil on decades of U.S. government misinformation about this mysterious phenomenon and presents irrefutable evidence that unknown flying objects—metallic, luminous, and seemingly able to manoeuvre in ways that defy the laws of physics—actually exist. 

With a Foreword by John Podesta

“The most important book on the phenomenon in a generation.”Journal of Scientific Exploration

“Written with penetrating depth and insight, the revelations in this book constitute a watershed event in lifting the taboo against rational discourse about this controversial subject.”—Harold E. Puthoff, PH.D., Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin

“Kean presents the most accurate, most credible reports on UFOs you will ever find. She may not have the final smoking gun, but I smell the gunpowder.”—Miles O’Brien, science correspondent for PBS’s NewsHour

SEE LESS

UFOs

GENERALS, PILOTS, AND GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS GO ON THE RECORD

By LESLIE KEAN

9780307717085.jpeg

Space Mackerel

Just started watching Brian Cox’s Adventures in Space and Time on BBC iPlayer. 

Why does he start with a diatribe “we are in a golden age of reusable travel to space blah blah blah when they did that back in the 60’s and 70’s? 
That was 50 years ago.

Has he forgotten the moon landings? What’s going on? 

Greedy Jambo
18 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Why does he start with a diatribe “we are in a golden age of reusable travel to space blah blah blah when they did that back in the 60’s and 70’s? 
That was 50 years ago.

It wasn't reusable travel 50 years ago. 

I honestly think they're starting to explore more because they know this planet is going down the tubes. 

WorldChampions1902
16 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

That was 50 years ago.

I wasn’t aware that any elements of the Apollo spacecraft were reused? Probably another question that NASA will decline to answer, given their track record on questions around the moon missions. They even conveniently managed to “lose” the moon landing telemetry data unfortunately.

Easy thing to do I suppose. It was after all, one of mankind’s most incredible achievements.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It wasn't reusable travel 50 years ago. 

I honestly think they're starting to explore more because they know this planet is going down the tubes. 

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I wasn’t aware that any elements of the Apollo spacecraft were reused? Probably another question that NASA will decline to answer, given their track record on questions around the moon missions. They even conveniently managed to “lose” the moon landing telemetry data unfortunately.

Easy thing to do I suppose. It was after all, one of mankind’s most incredible achievements.

Watch the first part of 4 and the introduction to the series, it’s almost like the world renowned physicist has forgotten about man landing on the moon.

Which, is incredibly weird for someone obsessed with space, time etc.  

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Watch the first part of 4 and the introduction to the series, it’s almost like the world renowned physicist has forgotten about man landing on the moon.

Which, is incredibly weird for someone obsessed with space, time etc.  

Are you claiming that they never landed on the moon at all? and it was just to make them look better than russia? lol

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Are you claiming that they never landed on the moon at all? and it was just to make them look better than russia? lol

Well, if they did, they never passed down a single secret to us 35 years later. 
Weird. 

Greedy Jambo
32 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Well, if they did, they never passed down a single secret to us 35 years later. 
Weird. 

What kind of secrets were you wanting to hear?

Space Mackerel
13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What kind of secrets were you wanting to hear?

Well we only had an operating ceiling of 45,000 feet for a start. They had been to 275,00 miles. Using cardboard, broom handles and Quality Street wrappers for deflecting the Suns rays. 

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Well we only had an operating ceiling of 45,000 feet for a start. They had been to 275,00 miles. Using cardboard, broom handles and Quality Street wrappers for deflecting the Suns rays. 

None of those three sentences make sense.  

I hope you'll find time to enlighten me.  Thanks.

Swahili Jambo

There has only ever been, and ever will be one God, and his name is Willie Bauld. My Dad told me this when I was a bairn, and I still believe it!! Other than that, believe what you want, worship whatever false prophet you want, but just realise you are wrong!!.  Sorry, I know that is flippant and will offend some but doesn't stop it from being true.  Although I do have a soft spot for Mithras!!  

J.T.F.Robertson
18 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

There has only ever been, and ever will be one God, and his name is Willie Bauld. My Dad told me this when I was a bairn, and I still believe it!! Other than that, believe what you want, worship whatever false prophet you want, but just realise you are wrong!!.  Sorry, I know that is flippant and will offend some but doesn't stop it from being true.  Although I do have a soft spot for Mithras!!  

That's a load of B.S. (bull slaying) 

Googled him. 😛

Space Mackerel
29 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well, it was the mid 90’s and us lineys have just have a good old chuckle about it on the old line Squadron.

Best post was this I think.

J.T.F.Robertson
35 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You did ask. :(

Space Mackerel
Just now, Smithee said:

The jaw? Seems harsh

Imagine having Koni Huq as your Jengo on Detachtment 😍

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Imagine having Koni Huq as your Jengo on Detachtment 😍

I don't know what the words mean but I do agree with the sentiment!

Jeffros Furios
9 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

:conspiracy:

9 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

The lunar landers didn't have to be robust by normal standards because they were operating o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶̶i̶n̶ A̶r̶i̶z̶o̶n̶a̶ in a vacuum with 1/6 of earth's gravity.

WorldChampions1902
On 25/06/2021 at 01:42, Greedy Jambo said:

Today's the day, ladies and gents.

I'm expecting a full tour of the Roswell craft.

As I predicted on this thread a few weeks ago, no earth-shattering revelations are in the US report published last night.

If you want some credible testimony about Roswell, I recommend this book written by a former long-serving Pentagon official and career military man Philip Corso. Published not long before he died, and taken in the context of the death-bed confessions of other Roswell witnesses, it is a compelling read. Unless of course, he is just another crackpot, like US Defence Chief James Forrestal et al. Amazing how so many senior, credible people in key positions whose testimonies are dismissed or ignored. 

A brief synopsis:-

A landmark expos' firmly grounded in fact, "The Day After Roswell" ends the decades-old controversy surrounding the mysterious crash of an unidentified aircraft at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. Backed by documents newly declassified through the Freedom of Information Act, Colonel Philip J. Corso (Ret.), a member of President Eisenhower's National Security Council and former head of the Foreign Technology Desk at the U.S. Army's Research & Development department, has come forward to reveal his personal stewardship of alien artifacts from the Roswell crash. He tells us how he spearheaded the Army's reverse-engineering project that led to today's: 

Integrated circuit chips

Fiber optics

Lasers

Super-tenacity fibers

and "seeded" the Roswell alien technology to giants of American industry. Laying bare the U.S. government's shocking role in the Roswell incident -- what was found, the cover-up, and how theyused alien artifacts to change the course of twentieth-century history -- "The Day After Roswell" is an extraordinary memoir that not only forcesus to reconsider the past, but also our role in the universe.

About the Author

Colonel Philip Corso, USA, (Ret.) was a key Army intelligence officer who served on General MacArthur's staff in Korea, and later on President's Dwight D. Eisenhower's National Security Council as a Lt. Colonel. During his twenty-one-year military career, he was honored with 19 medals, decorations and ribbons for meritorious service. He retired from the army in 1963, and went on to serve Senator James Eastland and Strom Thurmond as a staff member specializing in national security. Since then, he has worked for various private-sector business entities as a consultant and contracts administrator. Most recently, he has appeared on "Prime Time Live" as an expert commentator on Cold War U2 flights over Russia, and has testified before the House National Security Committee about American POWs held in North Korea.

AFB9E217-4336-4872-BEBD-DE044CD9AE64.jpeg

Greedy Jambo

Yeah, I've watched a fair few interviews with him.

His name doesn't really get brought up these days.

Roswell: The First Witness is a good watch on the history channel.

Unknown user
22 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

As I predicted on this thread a few weeks ago, no earth-shattering revelations are in the US report published last night.

Stunned I tells you, stunned

I believe there is intelligent life out there. It gets kept under cover as people would freak out. People lose their shit when Kim Kardashian gets her ass out ffs, imagine the place after finding out aliens are amongst us!

WorldChampions1902
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Stunned I tells you, stunned

At The National Press Club Conference on May 2001 Washington DC, a press conference was held by Dr. Steven Greer, who was accompanied by dozens of the most credible witnesses to UFO’s and ET’s the most hardened skeptic would find impossible to discredit. The media was well represented but the media coverage at the time was almost non-existent. Why??

Testimony came from dozens of Top-Secret government, military and intelligence agency employees, including military and civilian pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, military staff who claim to have recovered alien craft and ET’S,  Strategic Air Command and Nuclear Energy officials. Their statements were underpinned by the revelation of the existence of a multitude of secret documents that prove beyond doubt that Governments have been covering up this topic for decades.

Each speaker gave a ‘flavour’ of the knowledge (and documents) they hold, which were acquired during long and distinguished careers in government/military roles. Each asked permission from the US government to break their code of silence and be allowed to go to Congress to share all that they know. The number of highly-placed, credible witnesses in the Disclosure Project runs at over 1000 currently.

Given all of the above, why did the US government recently sponsor a predictably inconclusive 9 page report, to tell us all absolutely NOTHING? All they had to do, was cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the Disclosure Project witnesses for a trip to Congress, and enable them to share what they know. 

Is it because these high-ranking, long-serving, government employees are crackpots? If they are, then their distinguished careers count for nothing. They should be prosecuted by the US government for fear mongering and dismissed from their highly paid jobs. Those already retired should be stripped of their generous government pensions.  The various government agencies involved should review their selection and promotion procedures, as it appears that they are facilitating the recruitment and advancement of the most mentally unstable citizens into some of the most senior positions inside US government machinery.

However, what if only one of the 1000+ witnesses is telling the truth……??

3 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

I believe there is intelligent life out there. It gets kept under cover as people would freak out. People lose their shit when Kim Kardashian gets her ass out ffs, imagine the place after finding out aliens are amongst us!

Would you freak out or lose your shit if some government official announced that there are aliens amongst us?

The wacko humans that we have among us are a bigger concern, imo. 

27 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Would you freak out or lose your shit if some government official announced that there are aliens amongst us?

The wacko humans that we have among us are a bigger concern, imo. 

I wouldn't as I think it very fascinating and also very possible. But you are correct, humans are the real arseholes.

Greedy Jambo

I don't trust Steven Greer, he takes groups of people out to contact aliens, I very much doubt he's doing it for free.

Also, the guy on the Gaia channel that claims to have worked on Mars etc was Greer's camera man.

UAP report doesn't instantly verify every bonkers conspiracy theory about aliens since Roswell.

Obviously a cover-up.

:conspiracy:

Unknown user
11 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:
At The National Press Club Conference on May 2001 Washington DC, a press conference was held by Dr. Steven Greer, who was accompanied by dozens of the most credible witnesses to UFO’s and ET’s the most hardened skeptic would find impossible to discredit. The media was well represented but the media coverage at the time was almost non-existent. Why??

Testimony came from dozens of Top-Secret government, military and intelligence agency employees, including military and civilian pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, military staff who claim to have recovered alien craft and ET’S,  Strategic Air Command and Nuclear Energy officials. Their statements were underpinned by the revelation of the existence of a multitude of secret documents that prove beyond doubt that Governments have been covering up this topic for decades.

Each speaker gave a ‘flavour’ of the knowledge (and documents) they hold, which were acquired during long and distinguished careers in government/military roles. Each asked permission from the US government to break their code of silence and be allowed to go to Congress to share all that they know. The number of highly-placed, credible witnesses in the Disclosure Project runs at over 1000 currently.

Given all of the above, why did the US government recently sponsor a predictably inconclusive 9 page report, to tell us all absolutely NOTHING? All they had to do, was cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the Disclosure Project witnesses for a trip to Congress, and enable them to share what they know. 

Is it because these high-ranking, long-serving, government employees are crackpots? If they are, then their distinguished careers count for nothing. They should be prosecuted by the US government for fear mongering and dismissed from their highly paid jobs. Those already retired should be stripped of their generous government pensions.  The various government agencies involved should review their selection and promotion procedures, as it appears that they are facilitating the recruitment and advancement of the most mentally unstable citizens into some of the most senior positions inside US government machinery.

However, what if only one of the 1000+ witnesses is telling the truth……??

And what if he only thinks he's telling the truth?

It's the same basic argument many religious make - "so is he wrong? And him? They can't be, they're really clever!"

It's no surprise that the great reveal didn't actually reveal anything.

WorldChampions1902
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

And what if he only thinks he's telling the truth?

It's the same basic argument many religious make - "so is he wrong? And him? They can't be, they're really clever!"

It's no surprise that the great reveal didn't actually reveal anything.

With respect, I think you are missing my points here. To summarise:-

1. Over 1000 witnesses have requested that their US government secrecy shackles are removed so that they can speak to Congress. Their motive being that “humanity has a right to know”.

2. Many have supporting tangible evidence to support their incredible claims (they say).

3. The US government has had 20 years to facilitate their hearing on a topic of the most profound importance to our planet (and security).

4. Instead, the US government initiates a 9 page report that tells us nothing.

5. Points 1-4 in themselves point to a cover-up. Yet we are expected to believe that the government is being open and honest.

6. My belief in something has to be reinforced by hard evidence, not a blind religious following of any one individual. We have heard truncated fantastical testimonies of a handful of the 1000+ government employees that paint a fuller picture of this phenomenon and that information is being suppressed, because the US government has so far refused to grant that secrecy waiver.

7. Taken in the context of the decades of sightings, the thousands of other credible witnesses across the planet, the consistency of evidence in so many cases,  the physical evidence, the attempts by authorities to intimidate and silence witnesses, books by Pentagon officials (see Post above on Philip Corso), death-bed statements by numerous witnesses about their experiences etc etc etc…….. it beggars belief that a 9 page report covers all bases.

As ever though, for the majority of the public, it’s job done, as they will take that threadbare document at face value, as with so many other things.

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

With respect, I think you are missing my points here. To summarise:-

1. Over 1000 witnesses have requested that their US government secrecy shackles are removed so that they can speak to Congress. Their motive being that “humanity has a right to know”.

2. Many have supporting tangible evidence to support their incredible claims (they say).

3. The US government has had 20 years to facilitate their hearing on a topic of the most profound importance to our planet (and security).

4. Instead, the US government initiates a 9 page report that tells us nothing.

5. Points 1-4 in themselves point to a cover-up. Yet we are expected to believe that the government is being open and honest.

6. My belief in something has to be reinforced by hard evidence, not a blind religious following of any one individual. We have heard truncated fantastical testimonies of a handful of the 1000+ government employees that paint a fuller picture of this phenomenon and that information is being suppressed, because the US government has so far refused to grant that secrecy waiver.

7. Taken in the context of the decades of sightings, the thousands of other credible witnesses across the planet, the consistency of evidence in so many cases,  the physical evidence, the attempts by authorities to intimidate and silence witnesses, books by Pentagon officials (see Post above on Philip Corso), death-bed statements by numerous witnesses about their experiences etc etc etc…….. it beggars belief that a 9 page report covers all bases.

As ever though, for the majority of the public, it’s job done, as they will take that threadbare document at face value, as with so many other things.

The big reveal that people were so excited about revealed nothing and we're left with the same old situation, zealots trying to convince people with no convincing evidence.

Re the government, as I said at the time, what better way to distract all the qanon ****wits than moving them on to alien conspiracies instead?

jack D and coke
On 26/06/2021 at 10:07, WorldChampions1902 said:

If you want some credible testimony about Roswell, I recommend this book written by a former long-serving Pentagon official and career military man Philip Corso. Published not long before he died, and taken in the context of the death-bed confessions of other Roswell witnesses, it is a compelling read. Unless of course, he is just another crackpot, like US Defence Chief James Forrestal et al. Amazing how so many senior, credible people in key positions whose testimonies are dismissed or ignored. 

A brief synopsis:-

A landmark expos' firmly grounded in fact, "The Day After Roswell" ends the decades-old controversy surrounding the mysterious crash of an unidentified aircraft at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. Backed by documents newly declassified through the Freedom of Information Act, Colonel Philip J. Corso (Ret.), a member of President Eisenhower's National Security Council and former head of the Foreign Technology Desk at the U.S. Army's Research & Development department, has come forward to reveal his personal stewardship of alien artifacts from the Roswell crash. He tells us how he spearheaded the Army's reverse-engineering project that led to today's: 

Integrated circuit chips

Fiber optics

Lasers

Super-tenacity fibers

and "seeded" the Roswell alien technology to giants of American industry. Laying bare the U.S. government's shocking role in the Roswell incident -- what was found, the cover-up, and how theyused alien artifacts to change the course of twentieth-century history -- "The Day After Roswell" is an extraordinary memoir that not only forcesus to reconsider the past, but also our role in the universe.

About the Author

Colonel Philip Corso, USA, (Ret.) was a key Army intelligence officer who served on General MacArthur's staff in Korea, and later on President's Dwight D. Eisenhower's National Security Council as a Lt. Colonel. During his twenty-one-year military career, he was honored with 19 medals, decorations and ribbons for meritorious service. He retired from the army in 1963, and went on to serve Senator James Eastland and Strom Thurmond as a staff member specializing in national security. Since then, he has worked for various private-sector business entities as a consultant and contracts administrator. Most recently, he has appeared on "Prime Time Live" as an expert commentator on Cold War U2 flights over Russia, and has testified before the House National Security Committee about American POWs held in North Korea.

AFB9E217-4336-4872-BEBD-DE044CD9AE64.jpeg

I downloaded this last night and it’s interesting right enough. 
I just don’t know what to make of it, of all the alien stuff. I believe it’s very possible there’s other life out there. But has it been here…
It reads like something out of a movie