• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

maroonlegions

Classic case from the 1970s.

The number of  cases regarding UAPs tracked by radar and F16s or military fighter jets scrambled to intercept or investigate are large in numbers.

THE STRANGE CECCONI CASE.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

This photograph was captured on camera aboard the Aeritalia / Fiat G fighter plane. 91 R piloted by Italian Air Force Marshal Giancarlo Cecconi on June 18, 1979.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Cecconi was flying over Sant ' Angelo de Treviso airport when Istrana's Central Radar Control informed him to intercept a strange object floating over the airport. The pilot executed the order and because his plane was equipped with a camera he proceeded to take the photograph.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

At the same time, the Airport Control Tower informed him to approach the object with caution because from the ground it emitted a strong teal glow that illuminated the entire sector.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

That's when the pilot approaches and this object makes a quick move away from the plane and disappearing from radar and pilot's vision in a second.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

This UFO incident was investigated by experts around the world and no explanation was found for what happened.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

In an extract from the pilot's statement for the report he said, ′′ The UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) was like a cylinder tank about eight meters long ".

196177372_1694075274313557_2150664392431649014_n.jpg

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

They don't know what it is but they know it certainly isn't alien technology. Sounds legit 🙄

Actually, they said it isn't alien technology but yet can't rule it out.

They literally said nothing.

As long as there’s a Classified Annex in the June Report....this is what the wait for “Full” Disclosure will look like.

gb60b9649d.png

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
23 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

A much more interesting update here on the promised report from a former Pentagon official a few days ago. The interviewer seems to suggest that we WON’T be seeing the report this month as was promised. Quelle surprise!

This official makes some very interesting comments however.

Here are a couple important paragraphs from the NY Times article:

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

But that is about the only conclusive finding in the classified intelligence report, the officials said. And while a forthcoming unclassified version, expected to be released to Congress by June 25, will present few other firm conclusions, senior officials briefed on the intelligence conceded that the very ambiguity of the findings meant the government could not definitively rule out theories that the phenomena observed by military pilots might be alien spacecraft.

maroonlegions

If one does ones home work Well- there's still the CRADA for those wanting confirmation of ET.
https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/army/TTSA-ARMY-CRADA.pdf

Unless TTSA already had some materials which facilitate "inertial mass reduction" just laying around......the US army has physical evidence of "ET"/"NHI" technology- as recovered/determined/witnessed and documented by Puthoff, Davis, Semivan, Elizondo and Justice.

The CRADA closes out in September '23..this seems like a perfect date for the internet to refocus any misplaced optimism on.
We could start the countdown now..

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
On 06/06/2021 at 14:44, Smithee said:

There surely aren't people that take the Bonnybridge stories seriously though? There aren't many round Bonnybridge from what my ex tells me.

My focus was not on Bonnybridge but the A70  encounter and so called abduction with missing time, i posted that vid in a reply to a poster who highlighted the A70 case but was having trouble in finding it in  which that vid contained the A70 case.

Interesting that you picked the Bonnybridge piece  to comment on but nothing on the A70  incident.

There was a few UAP cases from that Bonnybridge "flap" that are still today unexplained. 

The US intelligence agencies  and certain "need to know"  agencies within the US  government would have to “know” alien to know it’s not “Alien”.....

The government knows Alien .... a faux pas of admittance?:whistling:

Edited by maroonlegions

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

My focus was not on Bonnybridge but the A70  encounter and so called abduction with missing time, i posted that vid in a reply to a poster who highlighted the A70 case but was having trouble in finding it in  which that vid contained the A70 case.

Interesting that you picked the Bonnybridge piece  to comment on but nothing on the A70  incident.

There was a few UAP cases from that Bonnybridge "flap" that are still today unexplained. 

The US intelligence agencies  and certain "need to know"  agencies within the US  government would have to “know” alien to know it’s not “Alien”.....

Is it interesting? Or did I just not bother filling my head with bubbles by watching and simply comment on what I know of Bonnybridge's reputation?

maroonlegions

Another way to view this US UAP declassification release to the US Congress is that there is a  secret that this UFO report exposes.

The text is better than the vid..imo

Source: news.google.com... d=US%3Aen

....”OK, so, based on that information, we know that:

1) There's no evidence that the various UFO sightings over the years are aliens.

2) The US government has no idea what these aircraft, in fact, are.

Which is, well, sort of sketchy? Because how could the government conclusively rule out the possibility of alien spacecraft when they know the sightings "did not originate from any American military or other advanced US government technology" and they have no way of explaining the movements of these UFOs?

Answer: They can't.”.....

20 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

If there are aliens kicking about why would governments (every government apparently) be so desperate to keep it hush hush? 

I mean it would have to be a global conspiracy that's encompassed every government for decades if not centuries.

Edited by fancy a brew

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is it interesting? Or did I just not bother filling my head with bubbles by watching and simply comment on what I know of Bonnybridge's reputation?

Thing is mate that vid was NOT posted to you as i have already said. 

You picked out Bonnybridge ,  and i will say again there ARE some UAP case from there that have remained unexplained to this day.  The  declassification of  UK UAP government releases over the years has shown this and thats  an official acknowledgement from the UK MOD. So no need for filling ones head with bubbles  id you know were to look and can be arsed..

maroonlegions
10 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

If there are aliens kicking about why would governments (every government apparently) be so desperate to keep it hush hush? 

I mean it would have to be a global conspiracy that's encompassed every government for decades of not centuries.

You need to do your homework mate.

There are lots of data suggesting that its been needed. Cover up i mean and i can see why most governments would also comply.  Its called mass panic.  Maybe today folk would have a different reaction than way back in the 1940s, 50s/60s ect.. 

Can you imagine sitting eating your dinner when its announced that we have been contacted??

Lots of reasons why any contact would remain out of the public's mind, one is mass panic , religions??  Faith??

There was a independent report that went along the lines of "impact on world populations  with official release of contact".. It more or less came to the conclusions of..... "feck that".  

nx60ba7d17.png

Edited by maroonlegions

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You need to do your homework mate.

There are lots of data suggesting that its been needed. Cover up i mean and i can see why most governments would also comply.  Its called mass panic.  Maybe today folk would have a different reaction than way back in the 1940s, 50s/60s ect.. 

Can you imagine sitting eating your dinner when its announced that we have been contacted??

Lots of reasons why any contact would remain out of the public's mind, one is mass panic , religions??  Faith??

There was a independent report that went along the lines of "impact on world populations  with official release of contact".. It more or less came to the conclusions of..... "feck that".  

Given the length of recorded human history in relation to the age of the universe, it would be one hell of a coincidence if aliens just started visiting earth in the mid twentieth century, fortuitously around the time when man had developed the technology to explore space.

I mean where were all these UFOs in say the 17th century? They'd have stuck out like a sore thumb, what with there being no other flying objects in the sky. 

And then there's the consideration of how many thousands, or hundreds of thousands of government employees of all political persuasions have remained shtum about what they know.

I don't doubt the existence of UFOs, but when it comes to aliens I remain to be convinced.

That said if they do walk amongst us, they don't seem to be particularly malignant*. 

*Except for the lizard space Jews obviously.

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:(

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Classic case from the 1970s.

The number of  cases regarding UAPs tracked by radar and F16s or military fighter jets scrambled to intercept or investigate are large in numbers.

THE STRANGE CECCONI CASE.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

This photograph was captured on camera aboard the Aeritalia / Fiat G fighter plane. 91 R piloted by Italian Air Force Marshal Giancarlo Cecconi on June 18, 1979.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Cecconi was flying over Sant ' Angelo de Treviso airport when Istrana's Central Radar Control informed him to intercept a strange object floating over the airport. The pilot executed the order and because his plane was equipped with a camera he proceeded to take the photograph.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

At the same time, the Airport Control Tower informed him to approach the object with caution because from the ground it emitted a strong teal glow that illuminated the entire sector.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

That's when the pilot approaches and this object makes a quick move away from the plane and disappearing from radar and pilot's vision in a second.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

This UFO incident was investigated by experts around the world and no explanation was found for what happened.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

In an extract from the pilot's statement for the report he said, ′′ The UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) was like a cylinder tank about eight meters long ".

196177372_1694075274313557_2150664392431649014_n.jpg

Looks similar to the photo's i posted previously. 

CJ4CEHpWoAAOJv-.jpg.534340dde774733593dde5fe5fd742bb.jpg

7.jpg.701af6fe3e66007ffaa086a068451bf9.jpg

JudyJudyJudy

I open minded about it . I’m not that convinced we are the only stupid ^^^^s in the universe 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Thing is mate that vid was NOT posted to you as i have already said. 

You picked out Bonnybridge ,  and i will say again there ARE some UAP case from there that have remained unexplained to this day.  The  declassification of  UK UAP government releases over the years has shown this and thats  an official acknowledgement from the UK MOD. So no need for filling ones head with bubbles  id you know were to look and can be arsed..

I didn't say it was posted to me, I just commented on Bonnybridge's reputation. If I wasn't meant to comment on it, you should have sent it by PM.

That aside, I can't be arsed to look, short of verifiable first contact there's very little chance of my being convinced by "well how do you explain that??" so why bother?

The subject fascinates me though, not the same way it does with you of course, more how people react to it and believe in it. Perfectly rational people who'll shout down the existence of god are happy to confirmation bias their way to believing in aliens using pretty much the same arguments.

As I mentioned on another thread recently, I did a very little probability many years ago, enough that I understand that the odds of first contact in our lifetime are absolutely ridiculously against it.

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I open minded about it . I’m not that convinced we are the only stupid ^^^^s in the universe 

Might well be, but the chances of their civilisation being at the same stage of development as ours at the same time and within a close enough distance to be able to detect each other and do something about it are, pardon the pun, astronomical.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Given the length of recorded human history in relation to the age of the universe, it would be one hell of a coincidence if aliens just started visiting earth in the mid twentieth century, fortuitously around the time when man had developed the technology to explore space.

I mean where were all these UFOs in say the 17th century? They'd have stuck out like a sore thumb, what with there being no other flying objects in the sky. 

And then there's the consideration of how many thousands, or hundreds of thousands of government employees of all political persuasions have remained shtum about what they know.

I don't doubt the existence of UFOs, but when it comes to aliens I remain to be convinced.

That said if they do walk amongst us, they don't seem to be particularly malignant*. 

Obviously

Unknown user

Pretty convenient this, if you're a government I mean. All they would have to do is send some bumble**** out to mess things up, make a couple of contradictory statements, vaguely hint that something they can't not prove might or might not have happened. Or not.

And suddenly every conspiracy theorist in the world starts looking away from Qanon and back to aliens again...

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say it was posted to me, I just commented on Bonnybridge's reputation. If I wasn't meant to comment on it, you should have sent it by PM.

That aside, I can't be arsed to look, short of verifiable first contact there's very little chance of my being convinced by "well how do you explain that??" so why bother?

The subject fascinates me though, not the same way it does with you of course, more how people react to it and believe in it. Perfectly rational people who'll shout down the existence of god are happy to confirmation bias their way to believing in aliens using pretty much the same arguments.

As I mentioned on another thread recently, I did a very little probability many years ago, enough that I understand that the odds of first contact in our lifetime are absolutely ridiculously against it.

Might well be, but the chances of their civilisation being at the same stage of development as ours at the same time and within a close enough distance to be able to detect each other and do something about it are, pardon the pun, astronomical.

Probably 

Maple Leaf

To be honest, I find all the suggestions of cover-ups by governments around the world to be highly improbable.  Those governments normally can't agree on anything, and half the time are competing or arguing with each other.  Governments are just people, and those people come and go due to elections, etc, but the secret international agreement to "hide the truth" supposedly continues decade after decade.  And why are they conducting this massive ongoing cover-up?

Because they think the people will panic if they learned that earth is being visited by aliens.

Just how would this dreaded panic manifest itself?  Riots in the street?  Shops being looted?  Everybody hoarding toilet paper?  Mass shootings? 

Sounds like 2020 to me.   

Greedy Jambo

It's quite obvious that the presidents don't know shit, never mind the governments. 

Maple Leaf

It's quite obvious that the presidents don't know shit, never mind the governments. 

Yup.  Too ignorant to organise a cover-up, wouldn't you agree?

The more I read on this thread the more confused I get.  With the billions of area of space it would appear that there is incredible doubt about another  intelligent such as us life in space who could have the mechanical and technical ability to develop a craft that could reach us from there.

Such as myself were taught at school that God made the earth, and set up Adam and Eve as the first occupants. He placed them in a garden where he deliberately set a trap of a piece of fruit in a tree which he stated must not be touched.They of course did and sin was born.  

Later relenting God sent through the Virgin Mary his only begotten son. Lately I have read some chapters of the Bible and especially an old guy Abraham was begetting it seemed everything in a skirt or whatever females wore in these days, and children were born. Now it seems to me that begetting was copulation, and Mary was begot by her carpenter husband Joseph, so how was she a virgin.

So we believe that this was the only planet in the universe to be populated by a being that we know as man, and was done so by an ethereal spirit who created this world and man . Weekend media here they were discussing millions of years ago sharks. So the planet must have been here then, it may be age, and a lesser ability to understand, but when I see the advancements of our age, and the further proofs of the extent of the universe, I start to wonder is it not a bit presumptuous of us to believe that in all that area we are totally alone as far as any similar species can be.

Let me assure everyone this is not an attack on those of us who have stronger religious views than I, I respect those views, but in the last year I have been approached by a number of different Christian religions who have it seems fairly different  views on the subject. My piece here is just my opinion on how it coincides  with the subject of space and aliens.

maroonlegions

Former National Intelligence Director John Ratcliffe explains that the UAP declassified report before US Congress will contain reports that cannot be easily explained.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/05/17/ufo-report-include-unexplainable-sightings-former-official-says/5127064001/

The director of national intelligence and secretary of defence were tasked with creating the unclassified report for intelligence and armed services committees in Congress.

Former National Intelligence Director John Ratcliffe told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo on March 19 that the report would include information that cannot easily be explained.

Ratcliffe said some UFO sightings have been declassified in the past, but the report will present more information to the American people.

"There have been sightings all over the world," he said. "And when we talk about sightings, the other thing I will tell you, it’s not just a pilot or just a satellite or some intelligence collection. Usually, we have multiple sensors that are picking up these things."

maroonlegions
9 hours ago, Sharpie said:

The more I read on this thread the more confused I get.  With the billions of area of space it would appear that there is incredible doubt about another  intelligent such as us life in space who could have the mechanical and technical ability to develop a craft that could reach us from there.

Such as myself were taught at school that God made the earth, and set up Adam and Eve as the first occupants. He placed them in a garden where he deliberately set a trap of a piece of fruit in a tree which he stated must not be touched.They of course did and sin was born.  

Later relenting God sent through the Virgin Mary his only begotten son. Lately I have read some chapters of the Bible and especially an old guy Abraham was begetting it seemed everything in a skirt or whatever females wore in these days, and children were born. Now it seems to me that begetting was copulation, and Mary was begot by her carpenter husband Joseph, so how was she a virgin.

So we believe that this was the only planet in the universe to be populated by a being that we know as man, and was done so by an ethereal spirit who created this world and man . Weekend media here they were discussing millions of years ago sharks. So the planet must have been here then, it may be age, and a lesser ability to understand, but when I see the advancements of our age, and the further proofs of the extent of the universe, I start to wonder is it not a bit presumptuous of us to believe that in all that area we are totally alone as far as any similar species can be.

Let me assure everyone this is not an attack on those of us who have stronger religious views than I, I respect those views, but in the last year I have been approached by a number of different Christian religions who have it seems fairly different  views on the subject. My piece here is just my opinion on how it coincides  with the subject of space and aliens.

Don't know if it's conditioned apathy, wilful ignorance or pathological denial (or all three) but I'd also speculate that a great deal of money has been spent over the years indoctrinating the general public with the idea that the subject is just "a silly nonsense".

The late Dr Jacques Vallee who was privy to a lot of top secret UAP reports from the US military said below....

..there exists credible government documentary evidence, credible radar/visual evidence, credible electromagnetic interference evidence, credible ground trace evidence and credible (circumstantial) evidence in the form of sworn eyewitness testimony from 1000s of credible individuals.

And went on to reveal ...

"Governments took notice, organising task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1992

maroonlegions

Chronological  order of UAP reports involving the US military near restricted military air space.  

Some of those hopefully will be included in the US UAP report sent to the US Congress.

These include US F16 fighter jets, either being scrambled to intercept or investigate with some of these UAPs showing advanced fight characteristics and sudden  acceleration capabilities.    

The Reports in Chronological Order

Note: all FAA UAS incident reports are available from August 2015 to December 2020 here.

FAA Data Shows Strange Pattern Of Military Encounters With Unidentified Aircraft In Sensitive Airspace

message-editor%2F1622698525682-image4.jp

Edited by maroonlegions

Greedy Jambo

These guys have a good theory that would explain the crazy stuff being seen on radar.

Basically radar spoofing technology being tested on their own navy.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Unknown user
9 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Don't know if it's conditioned apathy, wilful ignorance or pathological denial (or all three) but I'd also speculate that a great deal of money has been spent over the years indoctrinating the general public with the idea that the subject is just "a silly nonsense".

The late Dr Jacques Vallee who was privy to a lot of top secret UAP reports from the US military said below....

..there exists credible government documentary evidence, credible radar/visual evidence, credible electromagnetic interference evidence, credible ground trace evidence and credible (circumstantial) evidence in the form of sworn eyewitness testimony from 1000s of credible individuals.

And went on to reveal ...

"Governments took notice, organising task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1992

The subject isn't silly nonsense, believing alien life is behind it and there's a big cover up to hide it is what's silly nonsense.

Greedy Jambo
19 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

These guys have a good theory that would explain the crazy stuff being seen on radar.

Basically radar spoofing technology being tested on their own navy.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29505/the-navys-secretive-nemesis-electronic-warfare-capability-will-change-naval-combat-forever

More specifically, the Fiscal Year 2014 Electromagnetic Systems Applied Research RDT&E Budget Item Justification states that NEMESIS “addresses the need to generate the appearance of a realistic naval force to multiple adversarial surveillance and targeting sensors simultaneously.”

maroonlegions
17 hours ago, Smithee said:

The subject isn't silly nonsense, believing alien life is behind it and there's a big cover up to hide it is what's silly nonsense.

Ha ha.

And i suppose you are in the "high" credibility league  that  makes you credible and we   are supposed to listen you??

There are men like  the late Dr Jacques Vallee who was privy to a lot of top secret UAP reports from the US military and more like him who regard those taking your stance as "silly".

Silly is ignorance, silly is someone actually trying to make out that his opinions are more credible than those way out of his credibility league. 

If there is any thing "silly" then look no further than those offering cheap comments , who cant be arsed "educating" themselves on this subject but expect to be taken with the SAME credibility  as the Late Dr Jacques Vallee.

Lets take a look at what these highly credible individuals have came out in public and said regarding UPAs.  

Are these individuals "silly"   or are you just being "silly".

1.Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first Director of the CIA (1947-50), NICAP board member

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is... " (Maccabee, Bruce, "What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986.)

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense." (Statement in a NICAP news release, February 27, 1960.) 

2.President Harry S. Truman

"I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." (April 4, 1950, White House Press Conference.) 

3.American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics UFO Subcommittee.

"From a scientific and engineering standpoint, it is unacceptable to simply ignore substantial numbers of unexplained observations...

AIAA Committee Looks at UFO Problem, AIAA UFO Subcommittee, Astronautics and Aeronautics, December 1968, p. 12

“The Committee has made a careful examination of the present state of the UFO issue and has concluded that the controversy cannot be resolved without further study in a quantitative scientific manner and that it deserves the attention of the engineering and scientific community.”

3.Dr. Jacques Vallee, Astrophysicist, leading UFO researcher, author

"Skeptics, who flatly deny the existence of any unexplained phenomenon in the name of 'rationalism,' are among the primary contributors to the rejection of science by the public. People are not stupid and they know very well when they have seen something out of the ordinary. When a so-called expert tells them the object must have been the moon or a mirage, he is really teaching the public that science is impotent or unwilling to pursue the study of the unknown." (Vallee, J., Confrontations, New York: Ballantine Books, 1990.)

4.J. Allen Hynek, leading UFO scientist, from the foreword to Challenge to Science: The UFO Enigma, J. & J. Vallee,1966

“Over the past eighteen years I have acted as a scientific consultant to the U.S. Air Force on the subject of unidentified flying objects – UFO’s.  As a consequence of my work on the voluminous air force files and, to a greater extent, of personal investigation of many puzzling cases and interviews with witnesses of good repute, I have long been aware that the subject of UFO’s could not be dismissed as mere nonsense.

5.President Harry S. Truman

"I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." (April 4, 1950, White House Press Conference.) 

And last but not least , these words from a well respected astrophysicist Bernard Haisch. 

Bernard Haisch, physicist, “Be Skeptical of the Skeptics”

“Cut through the ridicule and search for factual information in most of the skeptical commentary and one is usually left with nothing. This is not surprising. After all, how can one rationally object to a call for scientific examination of evidence? Be skeptical of the "skeptics."”

Bernard Haisch, astrophysicist, UFOSkeptic.org

“I propose that true skepticism is called for today: neither the gullible acceptance of true belief nor the closed-minded rejection of the scoffer masquerading as the skeptic. One should be skeptical of both the believers and the scoffers.

The negative claims of pseudo-skeptics who offer facile explanations must themselves be subject to criticism.

If a competent witness reports having seen something tens of degrees of arc in size (as happens) and the scoffer -- who of course was not there -- offers Venus or a high altitude weather balloon as an explanation, the requirement of extraordinary proof for an extraordinary claim falls on the proffered negative claim as well. That kind of approach is also pseudo-science.

Moreover just being a scientist confers neither necessary expertise nor sufficient knowledge. (I wish it did, sigh.)

Any scientist who has not read a few serious books and articles presenting actual UFO evidence should out of intellectual honesty refrain from making scientific pronouncements. To look at the evidence and go away unconvinced is one thing. To not look at the evidence and be convinced against it nonetheless is another. That is not science.”

There are  more of these credible individuals  in the below link, thats if you can be arsed, silly as it may sound.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/imagesnew/PDFicon.gif PDF version available here 

Greedy Jambo

I don't speak German, but you get the point about infrared cameras, specifically 2:45 minutes in, the jet on the left looks very much like the gimbal ufo. 

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I don't speak German, but you get the point about infrared cameras, specifically 2:45 minutes in, the jet on the left looks very much like the gimbal ufo. 

There is a wealth of such videos, and there is a high % of them that remain unexplained too.

Offering easy explainable vids is not the whole picture.   

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

There is a wealth of such videos, and there is a high % of them that remain unexplained too.

Offering easy explainable vids is not the whole picture.   

I get that, but in this instance, a lot of people are now looking a bit foolish, including the navy camera operator that can't tell what a jet looks like in infrared. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Ha ha.

And i suppose you are in the "high" credibility league  that  makes you credible and we   are supposed to listen you??

There are men like  the late Dr Jacques Vallee who was privy to a lot of top secret UAP reports from the US military and more like him who regard those taking your stance as "silly".

Silly is ignorance, silly is someone actually trying to make out that his opinions are more credible than those way out of his credibility league. 

If there is any thing "silly" then look no further than those offering cheap comments , who cant be arsed "educating" themselves on this subject but expect to be taken with the SAME credibility  as the Late Dr Jacques Vallee.

Lets take a look at what these highly credible individuals have came out in public and said regarding UPAs.  

Are these individuals "silly"   or are you just being "silly".

1.Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first Director of the CIA (1947-50), NICAP board member

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is... " (Maccabee, Bruce, "What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986.)

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense." (Statement in a NICAP news release, February 27, 1960.) 

2.President Harry S. Truman

3.American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics UFO Subcommittee.

"From a scientific and engineering standpoint, it is unacceptable to simply ignore substantial numbers of unexplained observations...

AIAA Committee Looks at UFO Problem, AIAA UFO Subcommittee, Astronautics and Aeronautics, December 1968, p. 12

“The Committee has made a careful examination of the present state of the UFO issue and has concluded that the controversy cannot be resolved without further study in a quantitative scientific manner and that it deserves the attention of the engineering and scientific community.”

3.Dr. Jacques Vallee, Astrophysicist, leading UFO researcher, author

"Skeptics, who flatly deny the existence of any unexplained phenomenon in the name of 'rationalism,' are among the primary contributors to the rejection of science by the public. People are not stupid and they know very well when they have seen something out of the ordinary. When a so-called expert tells them the object must have been the moon or a mirage, he is really teaching the public that science is impotent or unwilling to pursue the study of the unknown." (Vallee, J., Confrontations, New York: Ballantine Books, 1990.)

4.J. Allen Hynek, leading UFO scientist, from the foreword to Challenge to Science: The UFO Enigma, J. & J. Vallee,1966

“Over the past eighteen years I have acted as a scientific consultant to the U.S. Air Force on the subject of unidentified flying objects – UFO’s.  As a consequence of my work on the voluminous air force files and, to a greater extent, of personal investigation of many puzzling cases and interviews with witnesses of good repute, I have long been aware that the subject of UFO’s could not be dismissed as mere nonsense.

5.President Harry S. Truman

And last but not least , these words from a well respected astrophysicist Bernard Haisch. 

Bernard Haisch, physicist, “Be Skeptical of the Skeptics”

“Cut through the ridicule and search for factual information in most of the skeptical commentary and one is usually left with nothing. This is not surprising. After all, how can one rationally object to a call for scientific examination of evidence? Be skeptical of the "skeptics."”

Bernard Haisch, astrophysicist, UFOSkeptic.org

“I propose that true skepticism is called for today: neither the gullible acceptance of true belief nor the closed-minded rejection of the scoffer masquerading as the skeptic. One should be skeptical of both the believers and the scoffers.

The negative claims of pseudo-skeptics who offer facile explanations must themselves be subject to criticism.

If a competent witness reports having seen something tens of degrees of arc in size (as happens) and the scoffer -- who of course was not there -- offers Venus or a high altitude weather balloon as an explanation, the requirement of extraordinary proof for an extraordinary claim falls on the proffered negative claim as well. That kind of approach is also pseudo-science.

Moreover just being a scientist confers neither necessary expertise nor sufficient knowledge. (I wish it did, sigh.)

Any scientist who has not read a few serious books and articles presenting actual UFO evidence should out of intellectual honesty refrain from making scientific pronouncements. To look at the evidence and go away unconvinced is one thing. To not look at the evidence and be convinced against it nonetheless is another. That is not science.”

There are  more of these credible individuals  in the below link, thats if you can be arsed, silly as it may sound.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/imagesnew/PDFicon.gif PDF version available here 

Throw some more words at it, that'll make it all more likely...

This is exactly the same argument we've seen from religious types on here - you're ignorant if you haven't educated yourself on the plate of old bollocks they're feasting on.

No argument you make can change the odds, and only confirmation bias makes you go "see?" while I cast a cynical eye

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Throw some more words at it, that'll make it all more likely...

This is exactly the same argument we've seen from religious types on here - you're ignorant if you haven't educated yourself on the plate of old bollocks they're feasting on.

No argument you make can change the odds, and only confirmation bias makes you go "see?" while I cast a cynical eye

Can anyone explain to me what I have heard that energy  cannot be destroyed. We all have energy and when we die I am told the energy does not. Is it conceivable that the energy however it is manifested carries something of us when we pass. We talk all the time about the spirit world, is there any possibility that there is one and it is formed by what we called energy or spirit.  Is it possible there is a place may even be referred to us as heaven that spirts or energy reunite, if not what happens to the abandoned energy. Its funny how two happenings in ones life open questions, in my case a close loss, and on JKB discussion about extra terrestrials, I know Boabs going nuts, but the energy thing has always puzzled me.

Maple Leaf
42 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Can anyone explain to me what I have heard that energy  cannot be destroyed. We all have energy and when we die I am told the energy does not. Is it conceivable that the energy however it is manifested carries something of us when we pass. We talk all the time about the spirit world, is there any possibility that there is one and it is formed by what we called energy or spirit.  Is it possible there is a place may even be referred to us as heaven that spirts or energy reunite, if not what happens to the abandoned energy. Its funny how two happenings in ones life open questions, in my case a close loss, and on JKB discussion about extra terrestrials, I know Boabs going nuts, but the energy thing has always puzzled me.

According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed.  All the energy that exists was formed at the time of the Big Bang and has simply been changing forms ever since; it just moves around. The energy in our bodies came from somewhere (food) and when a person dies, the energy will go somewhere else and be absorbed. 

The same thing can be said for the energy in plants.  It came from from the soil and sunlight and when the plant dies it will go somewhere else. If the plant is a cabbage, its energy could be absorbed by us as food. 

The suggestion that there might be a purpose or meaning to all that is religion.

41 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed.  All the energy that exists was formed at the time of the Big Bang and has simply been changing forms ever since; it just moves around. The energy in our bodies came from somewhere (food) and when a person dies, the energy will go somewhere else and be absorbed. 

The same thing can be said for the energy in plants.  It came from from the soil and sunlight and when the plant dies it will go somewhere else. If the plant is a cabbage, its energy could be absorbed by us as food. 

The suggestion that there might be a purpose or meaning to all that is religion.

Appreciate that, I guess I am in a phase of wondering and unable to really settle on an answer, certainly one that I suspect I would like to hear.

J.T.F.Robertson
On 09/06/2021 at 12:44, Maple Leaf said:

👍

7 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

👍

This post will be off topic, so I'll keep it very brief and this will be my only post on the subject.

I was visiting a friend recently and had a couple of minutes to myself, so I had a quick browse from a book on his coffee table.  It was a book about trees and how trees communicate with each other, not by any of the five human senses, but through chemicals and the touching of roots and branches. As a result, trees in a group are healthier than standalone trees.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

This post will be off topic, so I'll keep it very brief and this will be my only post on the subject.

I was visiting a friend recently and had a couple of minutes to myself, so I had a quick browse from a book on his coffee table.  It was a book about trees and how trees communicate with each other, not by any of the five human senses, but through chemicals and the touching of roots and branches. As a result, trees in a group are healthier than standalone trees.

Yep, the wood wide web, fascinating. They reckon that parent trees keep in touch with their bairns and if one of them starts to get unhealthy the parent dumps nitrogen through the roots to help out.

On 09/06/2021 at 18:50, Sharpie said:

You might like The order of time by Italian physicist Carlo Rovelli. 

J.T.F.Robertson
8 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've no idea where, how long ago, or even IF I actually read this, but somewhere deep in what's left of my thinking process I seem to recall reading of experiments being carried out on plants one of which entailed approaching them with some form of cutting implement, whereby, whatever form of measuring device they were using, registered a plant equivalent of "fear" 😨 as it was approached.

Haven't heard anything since right enough, so probably talking shite. (again) :(

J.T.F.Robertson
On 09/06/2021 at 11:50, Sharpie said:

I certainly cannie explain it but as an afterthought, presumably this energy, if it continues, would not be confined to where it was released and could conceivably re-appear anywhere in this universe or even in parallel ones. (assuming there are such animals)

I wouldn't think energy is limited by factors as mundane as time or distance.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I certainly cannie explain it but as an afterthought, presumably this energy, if it continues, would not be confined to where it was released and could conceivably re-appear anywhere in this universe or even in parallel ones. (assuming there are such animals)

I wouldn't think energy is limited by factors as mundane as time or distance.

Or it'll just be converted to another type of energy, a bawhair of a degree rise in temperature of the dead body, who knows?

52 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I've no idea where, how long ago, or even IF I actually read this, but somewhere deep in what's left of my thinking process I seem to recall reading of experiments being carried out on plants one of which entailed approaching them with some form of cutting implement, whereby, whatever form of measuring device they were using, registered a plant equivalent of "fear" 😨 as it was approached.

Haven't heard anything since right enough, so probably talking shite. (again) :(

To tie this side discussion back into the topic of the thread (before I get a telling off), I think that in the distant future, if and when humans encounter life on a different planet, the dominant life forms, maybe even intelligent life forms, are as likely to be plants as animals.

Greedy Jambo

Too late mate, 4 warning points and you're asked to explain your comments with no way of replying. 

Fairs fair.