• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Scientists can be attention hungry fantasists too.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190205154635/https://www.nola.com/education/2019/02/harvards-top-astronomer-says-an-alien-ship-may-be-among-us.html

In this one it makes the point that his peers think he's lost it and has this great quote

"while he's not saying it's definitely aliens, he is saying he can't think of anything other than aliens that fits the data." :laugh2:

The scientific majority aren't always right, but they're a better bet than the odd radge with a theory and a book to sell. 

WorldChampions1902
On 30/12/2020 at 20:41, Greedy Jambo said:

A few presidents have been asked if they would release what is known about ufo's if they get the job, they always say, yes yes, of course, then they get into office and nothing ever happens, whether they've just been told no or they didn't bother, who knows. 

It does seem like Trump has tried and been told to bolt. Now that he knows he's on the way out, he's like **** it, here's some legal shit to deal with if you don't tell us what's happening. 

Love it. 

US presidents wanting to lift the lid on UFO’s and aliens is nothing new as you will be aware.

US Defence Secretary James Forrestal was very outspoken on this topic and shared a lot of what he knew with JFK, much to the alarm of the US Security Services. Forrestal was eventually forced to resign and was then treated for ‘mental’ issues, culminating in his suspicious suicide, whilst being treated in a US Naval Hospital.

Ten days before his assassination in Dealey Plaza, JFK issued an instruction that all UFO material be shared with NASA (and possibly others). Had that instruction taken effect, the truth about this subject matter would have been known, decades ago. A dodgy suicide and a dodgy assassination has only delayed the inevitable IMHO.

WorldChampions1902
On 30/12/2020 at 16:20, Maple Leaf said:

We'll all be sitting on the edge of our chairs waiting for that report.

Not a chance it’s gonna happen though! I hope I’m wrong.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Not a chance it’s gonna happen though! I hope I’m wrong.

More chance of seeing Ann's review of the football department. 

maroonlegions

Could we all just be a simulation , even the aliens...😂

New theory suggests universe is a simulation, nothing is real

VIDEO.FOXBUSINESS.COM

Theoretical;

Dec. 30, 2020 - 6:23 - Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku breaks down the new theory of reality on 'Kennedy.'

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6219345230001/?playlist_id=3997688255001

the-potential-value-of-a-new-matrix-trilogy-1576775790.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Are we living in a baby universe that looks like a black hole to outsiders?

Baby universes led to black holes and dark matter, proposes a new study.

04 January, 2021
Are we living in a baby universe that looks like a black hole to outsiders?

Baby universes could have branched off the main universe after the Big Bang and may appear to us as black holes.

Credit: Kavli IPMU

• Researchers recently used a huge telescope in Hawaii to study primordial black holes.
  • These black holes might have formed in the early days from baby universes and may be responsible for dark matter.
  • The study also raises the possibility that our own universe may look like a black hole to outside observers.

A new paper takes a deep dive into primordial black holes that were formed as a part of the early universe when there were still no stars or galaxies. Such black holes could account for strange cosmic possibilities, including baby universes and major features of the current state of the cosmos like dark matter.

maroonlegions
On 04/01/2021 at 02:08, ri Alban said:

Visit a psychiatrist. You may well be off your nut. 

Look closer to hame laddie.

So the aliens can get here...

Is this going to revolutionise space travel?

Oh and this from that link Greedy Jambo posted.

Avi Loeb, chair of Harvard’s Department of Astronomy, believes he’s already found some of that garbage. 

A chair of Harvards Department Of Astronomy,mmm, is that who you are saying is off his nut. 

Just e-mail him and have a scientific dialog about why he is off his nut.

I am sure ,with your scientific credentials, and credibility in the advance studies of astronomy , like him ,he will glad to hear your debate on why he is a nutter..     

Edited by maroonlegions

WorldChampions1902
15 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Look closer to hame laddie.

So the aliens can get here...

Is this going to revolutionise space travel?

Oh and this from that link Greedy Jambo posted.

Avi Loeb, chair of Harvard’s Department of Astronomy, believes he’s already found some of that garbage. 

A chair of Harvards Department Of Astronomy,mmm, is that who you are saying is off his nut. 

Just e-mail him and have a scientific dialog about why he is off his nut.

I am sure ,with your scientific credentials, and credibility in the advance studies of astronomy , like him ,he will glad to hear your debate on why he is a nutter..     

Best ignored. I have been reading about this topic for nearly 50 years. In the 1960’s, the vast majority of people would label you similarly if you gave any credence to this subject matter. Now the majority of people believe there is alien life - how times have changed! If only people would do some quality research/reading. 

• 3 weeks later...
maroonlegions
On 04/01/2021 at 02:08, ri Alban said:

Visit a psychiatrist. You may well be off your nut. 

Great song,piss take but still funny.  Great wee band. 

Apt song title for a wee Scots warrior like yerself ..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 18:43, CloustonHMFC said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/16/pentagon-ufos-leaked-photos-uap

Nobody will ever convince me that intelligent alien life doesn't exist and that they haven't visit our planet.

Conversely, unless I see them with my own eyes I'll never be convinced. 

Maple Leaf
On 18/04/2021 at 13:43, CloustonHMFC said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/16/pentagon-ufos-leaked-photos-uap

Nobody will ever convince me that intelligent alien life doesn't exist and that they haven't visit our planet.

As it's impossible to prove something doesn't exist, or that something didn't happen, you will never be challenged.

Maple Leaf
7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Bases under the sea? 

At a time when camera technology has never been better, it's yet another grainy, blurry video showing an indistinct blob.  Bases under the sea?  Sure.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

At a time when camera technology has never been better, it's yet another grainy, blurry video showing an indistinct blob.  Bases under the sea?  Sure.

I agree, It's just a black blob, but if you listen to the audio, these experienced military personnel are witnessing something out of the ordinary. Also, The military/navy whatever, don't tend to release clear pictures of anything they can't explain. 

I'm just playing devils advocate here, but there does seem to be more and more strange sighting these days. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Are these all fake? 

It's a more likely explanation than an alien base under the sea to be fair.

I mentioned on another thread starting to read the bible, which didn't last long. What I gleaned is that God chose earth to be the place where he would create and populate with man. He put to people on the planet and gave them a garden from which they could live, he then put a special tree in it and told them to never eat the fruit. They did and now man in 2021 is still paying for their sin.

A thing I always have a problem with is the vastness of the universe, billions of area with nothing, I find it extreme that with the billions of area, God didn't think well I made a couple of mistakes with that speck of billion miles area dust so I will try another one or two or many. So if you believe in one omnipotent God, is it not possible that an entity of his ability has  populated and created believers in many even thousands of other planets and they are all at a similar rate finding ways to explore from their spacial entity for others similar. Or mebbe there are many gods, or mebbe there are none that it is all just a manifestation of various elements that has created a form of man on other planets. I guess my senility is travelling faster than a space ship.😇

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's a more likely explanation than an alien base under the sea to be fair.

Haha, they do seem to be coming out of the sea and going back into the sea... so....

It's something to think about.

The most unexplored part of the world is the sea.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Haha, they do seem to be coming out of the sea and going back into the sea... so....

It's something to think about.

The most unexplored part of the world is the sea.

Now that I am interested in, there's definitely stuff down there that we know very little about.

Greedy Jambo

Something to read. 

Nikola Tesla allegedly had a patent for a flying saucer. 

It also says that he had direct contact with extraterrestrial intelligence though.... 

https://advancetec.co.uk/science-now/a-look-into-nikola-teslas-research-and-patenting-of-a-ufo/#:~:text=Nikola Tesla%2C the man behind a lot of,First Flying Saucer”. This was groundbreaking for Tesla

Maple Leaf
57 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Are these all fake? 

Possibly.  It wouldn't be the first time.  

There's an enormous gap to be bridged to get from those blurry pictures to alien visitors.

Maple Leaf
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Now that I am interested in, there's definitely stuff down there that we know very little about.

You've just reminded me of the sci-fi movie "Cocoon."  Great cast, nice story.

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Possibly.  It wouldn't be the first time.  

There's an enormous gap to be bridged to get from those blurry pictures to alien visitors.

If you look in to it deep enough, there's "proof" of high up U.S military men asking wtf is going on, asking to see what certain independent contractors are up to, they've been knocked back and told "you don't have a need to know"

So it may well be our own tech. 

Maple Leaf
55 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I mentioned on another thread starting to read the bible, which didn't last long. What I gleaned is that God chose earth to be the place where he would create and populate with man. He put to people on the planet and gave them a garden from which they could live, he then put a special tree in it and told them to never eat the fruit. They did and now man in 2021 is still paying for their sin.

A thing I always have a problem with is the vastness of the universe, billions of area with nothing, I find it extreme that with the billions of area, God didn't think well I made a couple of mistakes with that speck of billion miles area dust so I will try another one or two or many. So if you believe in one omnipotent God, is it not possible that an entity of his ability has  populated and created believers in many even thousands of other planets and they are all at a similar rate finding ways to explore from their spacial entity for others similar. Or mebbe there are many gods, or mebbe there are none that it is all just a manifestation of various elements that has created a form of man on other planets. I guess my senility is travelling faster than a space ship.😇

We now know that there are hundreds of billions of galaxies, each containing hundreds of billions of stars and many, maybe most, of those stars have planets circling around them.  There is plenty of evidence to suggest that the chemistry that exists on earth is the same chemistry that exists throughout the universe.  Therefore, it's a near certainty that reproducing molecules (what we call "life") have developed on many other planets.

In that sense, we are not alone.  And probably, many of those life forms evolved into sentient beings like we have here. 

But think of the distances involved in inter-stellar travel.  The fastest machines we have ever built are the Voyagers launched in the mid-1970s.  They are travelling at over 35,000 MPH, yet it will still take them about 80,000 years to get to the nearest star.  We're never going to send humans to another star system, and no aliens are ever coming here. IMHO

Maple Leaf
13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If you look in to it deep enough, there's "proof" of high up U.S military men asking wtf is going on, asking to see what certain independent contractors are up to, they've been knocked back and told "you don't have a need to know"

So it may well be our own tech. 

Yes, that is a much more likely explanation.

Greedy Jambo
25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes, that is a much more likely explanation.

Either way, i want me one of those top secret security passes and a grand tour of area 51. 

Maple Leaf
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Either way, i want me one of those top secret security passes and a grand tour of area 51. 

That proves your Jambo credentials.  No vermin would ever want a tour of area 5-1. :wink:

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That proves your Jambo credentials.  No vermin would ever want a tour of area 5-1. :wink:

There's defo signed pictures of Rudi Skacel on the walls, inside area 5-1.

50 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

We now know that there are hundreds of billions of galaxies, each containing hundreds of billions of stars and many, maybe most, of those stars have planets circling around them.  There is plenty of evidence to suggest that the chemistry that exists on earth is the same chemistry that exists throughout the universe.  Therefore, it's a near certainty that reproducing molecules (what we call "life") have developed on many other planets.

In that sense, we are not alone.  And probably, many of those life forms evolved into sentient beings like we have here. 

But think of the distances involved in inter-stellar travel.  The fastest machines we have ever built are the Voyagers launched in the mid-1970s.  They are travelling at over 35,000 MPH, yet it will still take them about 80,000 years to get to the nearest star.  We're never going to send humans to another star system, and no aliens are ever coming here. IMHO

You are quite right, I do appreciate the distances involved, I recall recently  they were talking about some space project, unmanned of course and they were estimating a time of completion of arrival at  the destination of eighteen years. However  having enjoyed the excitement of one day at the steps of Huttons Saw Mill at the  top of South Oxford Street seeing for the first time a jet fighter flying across the sky. The speed after even Spitfires and Hurricanes, and compared to a lumbering Lancaster bomber to young kids was unbelievable. I have also of course seen moon shots, and may even see a Mars landing, I have a reasonable belief that there are other entities in the Universe and that some day either we or they will visit the others planet. I know the challenges are omnipotent, but aircraft, and other things we take for granted were conceived and built by man with sometimes a slide rule and their brain, now we have computers, and human brain combined in the efforts, the major problem I see is that mans own brainpower may be such that it will develop something that will backfire and destroy the whole planet. Thats the problem with life, our tenure is just long enough to see advancements to a certain stage, and with interest piqued we depart and go to another of conceived but not really known stage.

J.T.F.Robertson

Hope this isn't too deep for everyone but re the thread title, thirs nae mibbies aboot it. Infinite universe, infinite sentient life forms.

Wormholes are the answer to making contact, imho. 😎

And Bob, if you were anywhere near senile you wouldn't be contemplating any of these unanswerable questions. Might drive you mad, right enough.

Dr Jim

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Hope this isn't too deep for everyone but re the thread title, thirs nae mibbies aboot it. Infinite universe, infinite sentient life forms.

And Bob, if you were anywhere near senile you wouldn't be contemplating any of these unanswerable questions. Might drive you mad, right enough.

Dr Jim

With infinite distances separating them.

The chances of there being life developed enough and close enough for us to be able to detect is tiny.

The chances of that happening within the tiny window of human existence in this infinite universal timeline is so ridiculously small it's hard to take seriously.

Greedy Jambo
9 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Dr Jim

😂 Mate, we're struggling to get a clear picture of the ufo's on earth, good luck with the worm holes.

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The chances of there being life developed enough and close enough for us to be able to detect is tiny.

The chances of that happening within the tiny window of human existence in this infinite universal timeline is so ridiculously small it's hard to take seriously.

Was being facetious with the "too deep" bit and agree completely with the rest of what you say. However what seems literally impossible to us may be nowhere near that to others. "Others" being the infinite number I referenced. ;)

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

😂 Mate, we're struggling to get a clear picture of the ufo's on earth, good luck with the worm holes.

There's loads in ma back gairden. (if I had one) :(

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

There's loads in ma back gairden. (if I had one) :(

Ach, gardens are over rated, you've got to maintain them. 

Greedy Jambo

I recommend that everyone watches this, for entertainment value if nothing else. 

Greedy Jambo

And i want it to be put on the record, that i told you levein would fail, i told you that neilson would fail and i told you that aliens are real 

haha

Psychedelicropcircle

If we can go from the Wright brothers in the first decade of the 1900s inventing flight to 9 decades later were flying stealth bombers! Another species that might be older that us will likely be ahead of us. 
my tuppence worth

Maple Leaf
3 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

If we can go from the Wright brothers in the first decade of the 1900s inventing flight to 9 decades later were flying stealth bombers! Another species that might be older that us will likely be ahead of us. 
my tuppence worth

Not necessarily.  We've been around for a couple of million years, whereas crocodiles have been around for about 50 million years.  And there are lots of examples like that right here on earth.

We are a unique species in many ways.  We're unique on earth, unique in the solar system, maybe unique in the galaxy.  Who knows?

WorldChampions1902

There has been much in the media recently about US ‘pressure’ to disclose everything it knows about UFOs. A report is due out in June. Not holding my breath as I suspect it will be yet another whitewash. Would love to be proven wrong and that we finally start to see the truth come out.

An excerpt from an article in The New Yorker:- Last summer, David Norquist, the Deputy Secretary of Defense, announced the formal existence of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force. The 2021 Intelligence Authorization Act, signed this past December, stipulated that the government had a hundred and eighty days to gather and analyze data from disparate agencies. Its report is expected in June. In a recent interview with Fox News, John Ratcliffe, the former director of National Intelligence, emphasized that the issue was no longer to be taken lightly. “When we talk about sightings,” he said, “we are talking about objects that have been seen by Navy or Air Force pilots, or have been picked up by satellite imagery, that frankly engage in actions that are difficult to explain, movements that are hard to replicate, that we don’t have the technology for, or are travelling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom.”

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not necessarily.  We've been around for a couple of million years, whereas crocodiles have been around for about 50 million years.  And there are lots of examples like that right here on earth.

We are a unique species in many ways.  We're unique on earth, unique in the solar system, maybe unique in the galaxy.  Who knows?

With all due respect Ron, no danger. Not the galaxy, anyhow.

Don't ask how I "know". 😛

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

With all due respect Ron, no danger. Not the galaxy, anyhow.

Don't ask how I "know". 😛

The only thing I know for sure, Jim, is that I won't be around if or when the question gets answered.  :wheelchair:

AlimOzturk

I am a great believer in the great filter theory. Essentially there is so many steps which seen humanity rise to be the dominant species on here on earth. If any one of these steps didn’t happen, such as the meteoroid strike wiping out the dinosaurs or our planet being ever so slightly further away from the sun we wouldn’t be here. We hit the lottery here. It ties in with the rare earth hypothesis. 

Now there are past and future considerations to take into account on the potential to meet alien life forms. Looking at our own history it doesn’t look promising in terms of potential. We know humanity is on the road to self destruction through global warming and potential to destroy ourselves through nuclear war. If humanity can break through this and somehow find peace through space travel or global peace efforts does this mean we have moved a step In the great filter theory? What does this in terms of future contact with alien species? 

Well maybe nothing at all. It might be that the steps to our road is incredibly rare or so difficult that other species have either destroyed themselves in the process or we are simply never got the chance in the first place. 

Space just seem so empty. If there was a species out there with the ability to visit us then simply

put their level of intelligence and technology would be so vast and god like I very much doubt we would even be worth a visit. Unless to ransack us for our resources. 

On 16/05/2021 at 00:17, Smithee said:

Yip. Said it before that if you take the life cycle of our star as a 24 hour day, we, as humans, appeared at one second to midday and will disappear at one second after midday.

We are on our own and need to..em..just chill !