Former manager Paulo Sergio takes over Portimonense

Restonbabe

Along with his assistant Jorge. 

Portimonense are currently 17/18 in the league after 20 games. 

Relegation material but I wish Paulo all the best in his new adventure. 

P.S flights to faro from Edinburgh from Ryanair next month for £20 on a Tuesday and Saturday. 

Could be a cheeky visit for some sun, beach and super bock. 

• 1 year later...
sunblestjambo

Bumping this - I’ll be in Portugal next week for some golf with mates and was planning to go along for a game.  Has anyone been and if so is it just pitch up and pay at the gate?  Can’t see anything on their website that looks remotely like ticket sales. 

5 minutes ago, sunblestjambo said:

Bumping this - I’ll be in Portugal next week for some golf with mates and was planning to go along for a game.  Has anyone been and if so is it just pitch up and pay at the gate?  Can’t see anything on their website that looks remotely like ticket sales. 

I've been to matches in Madeira a few times. Just bought a ticket at the club ticket booth before the game. 

Presumably, unless one of the big three come to town, I wouldn't expect a problem. 

Saw Nacional v Portimonense a few years ago. Great game. 

sunblestjambo
30 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I've been to matches in Madeira a few times. Just bought a ticket at the club ticket booth before the game. 

Presumably, unless one of the big three come to town, I wouldn't expect a problem. 

Saw Nacional v Portimonense a few years ago. Great game. 

Cheers CF - looks like mid to lower table opponents when I’m there so hopefully good to just wander up. 

Last time I was there we had a fair chunk of the stand to ourselves. Their last home game had 1,000 supporters. Not sure if affected by covid restrictions though.

sunblestjambo
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Last time I was there we had a fair chunk of the stand to ourselves. Their last home game had 1,000 supporters. Not sure if affected by covid restrictions though.

Cheers Dunks - did wonder if covid restrictions might be in place. 

On 07/09/2021 at 20:03, sunblestjambo said:

Pretty small stadium I was there at a Portugal 21’s game when Jose concalves was playing, basic concrete seating, all the locals bring cushions.