Queensferry crossing

Hairdryer

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Watch it spiral way above that. Will the same people kick up such a fuss for something that we’re contributing enormously to that stops 250 miles short of our border? I’d doubt it tbh. 

£10 billion onto GERS too. 

Marvellous.  

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• jack D and coke

• gjcc

• Pans Jambo

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

£10 billion onto GERS too. 

Marvellous.  

They won’t remember that. They’ll just look at Scotland’s apparent deficit :facepalm: 

Space Mackerel
29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They won’t remember that. They’ll just look at Scotland’s apparent deficit :facepalm: 

Any chance of your card number pal? I want to go on holiday to the Caribbean next month.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Any chance of your card number pal? I want to go on holiday to the Caribbean next month.

As long as when the bill comes in and you give me some pocket money to help pay it you don’t call me a scrounging ******* that needs propped up all the time👍🏼

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As long as when the bill comes in and you give me some pocket money to help pay it you don’t call me a scrounging ******* that needs propped up all the time👍🏼

For every £ you give me I’ll give you back 55p. 

Did I tell you I’m also 2 TRILLION in debt? ☺️

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

For every £ you give me I’ll give you back 55p. 

Did I tell you I’m also 2 TRILLION in debt? ☺️

:lol:

I read something the other week about Edinburgh being named the most congested city in the UK. 

The Lothians and Fife aren't much more than commuting zones now, and it's not likely to change as more and more houses are built outside the city, while all the jobs are inside it. And workplace parking taxes won't be nearly enough to change anything.

The SG/Transport Scotland need to pull together all the surrounding local authorities and start doing some big infrastructure stuff.

Extend the tramline out of the city  past Newbridge, Midlothian etc. invest in the Fife circle trainline, fast ferries from Kirkcaldy integrated with the trams, water taxis going up and down the Forth, re-route the trains through the dalmeny chord, open new stations where they're building the houses like Kirkliston........

The new bridge shows that the SG can pull things off, but there needs to be a big joined up plan if we're serious about improving our environment and the way people get around. IMO obviously.

50 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Even the FRB has had enough of the Brit Nat pish! 😁😁😁

9FFD3A36-012C-4011-81D8-2FB718F27191.jpeg

The “Scottish”  Daily Mail? :facepalm:

Is it feck!

Scotland & everything about is shite Daily Mail more like!

20 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

maxresdefault.jpg

You would need to increase the number supporting bits that go down into the sea bed, massively increasing the cost and difficulty of the project. It's much easier to do closer to the coasts as the water is much shallower. Also they would cause more of an obstruction for large boats to get through.

Here's the world's longest non-suspension bridge for comparison. They still added a suspension section to allow room for boats:

longest-bridge-GettyImages-549358075.jpg

Edited by Ray Gin

Space Mackerel
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

😂 Haha what a ****ing riddy for chief bootlicker Jackson Carcrash. 

I think Ainsley is off to dream up a new recipe that involves sour plums and a bit of hard cheese. 

15 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I think Ainsley is off to dream up a new recipe that involves sour plums and a bit of hard cheese. 

Probably off to rage to his pals that the bridge was well under budget and has stayed open 10’s of times when the old one wouldn’t. Farcical. 

When this happens again I'd hope the real lessons learned would be.

Distribution of head offices to places other than Edinburgh.

An overall look at working practices.

In this day and age a view to people being able to work at home.

Car sharing

Congestion charges

Etc etc

It's like fekin lemmings the way we get to work.

I'm one btw .

7 hours ago, jake said:

Car sharing

Congestion charges

Etc etc

I'm one btw .

Teleportation!

7 hours ago, jake said:

Car sharing

Congestion charges

Etc etc

I'm one btw .

Why would you have a head office anywhere other than Edinburgh or Glasgow? 

In 10 years time, office workers will all be home workers so there will be less folk commuting and folk can stop ****ing moaning about their hamster wheel existences. 

Some more belters which I have seen screencapped, in case of dirty deleting. Apparently Carlaw was very upset at others taking credit for the bridge in 2017--the last screencap here was him replying to an SNP supporter who claimed, in response to the second tweet here, that the Scottish Tories had opposed the bridge.

image.thumb.png.255400e45da94fa555279ac5eb549454.png

1.thumb.jpg.44c3743eac367fa97479a94a17637675.jpg

image.thumb.png.f112eee5e1082b808c7e37ea42674890.png

:rofl:

Space Mackerel

All the evidence you need to understand why Jackass Carlaw is a failed used car salesman and lost more than half his MP’s. 

Please, please, please make him the next Scotch Tory leader :lol: 

There should be a significant congestion charge levied on those commuting into cities if they travel by car and spent on making those cities better for their residents.

That a bridge closure for cars causes such a commotion just highlights how over reliant we are on driving (usually just ourselves) to other places everyday rather than working within proximity of our home or from our own home. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

There should be a significant congestion charge levied on those commuting into cities if they travel by car and spent on making those cities better for their residents.

That a bridge closure for cars causes such a commotion just highlights how over reliant we are on driving (usually just ourselves) to other places everyday rather than working within proximity of our home or from our own home. 

Not everyone can live near to where they work, and their work can't always be done at home.

At the same time, rail fares are scandalously high, when compared to our European neighbours, and the services are shoddy as well.  No disrespect to those who work them, but Scotrail is ****ing ridiculous.  Delays, cancellations, lack of carriages.  If you are paying top dollar for a ticket, then least you can expect is a comfy seat.

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

Not everyone can live near to where they work, and their work can't always be done at home.

At the same time, rail fares are scandalously high, when compared to our European neighbours, and the services are shoddy as well.  No disrespect to those who work them, but Scotrail is ****ing ridiculous.  Delays, cancellations, lack of carriages.  If you are paying top dollar for a ticket, then least you can expect is a comfy seat.

I agree in regards to your first paragraph but not when it comes to (most)cities. There's no reason someone working in Edinburgh couldn't also live in Edinburgh. 

London, yeh okay, it is prohibitively expensive to live in but most people take public transport to commute into it which is much better for those who live there and the environment.

Everyone in Fife and the like could easily car share, train or bus into the city. Or like I suggest pay a congestion charge to offset their disruption and damage to the city. Is the train too expensive? Yes, no disagreement with that but it's a choice people have chosen to make. The more people commute into cities the less jobs there will be in their home towns and the cycle continues. People driving hours in a car by themselves to get to work a disgrace. 

Just for clarity, I'm not blaming the people but the society that's created this.

However, some me are just skin flints happy to take city jobs but not pay to live there...which is their prerogative but they shouldn't destroy the environment with no consequence.

Edited by Taffin

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I agree in regards to your first paragraph but not when it comes to (most)cities. There's no reason someone working in Edinburgh couldn't also live in Edinburgh. 

London, yeh okay, it is prohibitively expensive to live in but most people take public transport to commute into it which is much better for those who live there and the environment.

Everyone in Fife and the like could easily car share, train or bus into the city. Or like I suggest pay a congestion charge to offset their disruption and damage to the city. Is the train too expensive? Yes, no disagreement with that but it's a choice people have chosen to make. The more people commute into cities the less jobs there will be in their home towns and the cycle continues. People driving hours in a car by themselves to get to work a disgrace. 

Just for clarity, I'm not blaming the people but the society that's created this.

However, some me are just skin flints happy to take city jobs but not pay to live there...which is their prerogative but they shouldn't destroy the environment with no consequence.

I'm Edinburgh born and bred, but left as I simply couldn't afford the type of house that I wanted.  Had a flat in Moat, sold it and bought a house in KDY for less!  House prices in Edinburgh are mental, but if you are a public sector worker, then you have in effect taken a pay cut over the last ten years with below inflation pay increases.

Agree that this was my choice and that therefore it's incumbent on me to balance my commute with where I live/work.  Fortunately I'm not in the city centre, so not blocking up the main arteries into the CBD.

100% agree with regards the society that has created this.

19 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'm Edinburgh born and bred, but left as I simply couldn't afford the type of house that I wanted.  Had a flat in Moat, sold it and bought a house in KDY for less!  House prices in Edinburgh are mental, but if you are a public sector worker, then you have in effect taken a pay cut over the last ten years with below inflation pay increases.

Agree that this was my choice and that therefore it's incumbent on me to balance my commute with where I live/work.  Fortunately I'm not in the city centre, so not blocking up the main arteries into the CBD.

100% agree with regards the society that has created this.

I think house prices in Edinburgh being very high is over-egged if I'm honest. It's a similar story in many places up and down the UK. Which in itself is shocking, someone working full time should be able to afford to live in the city they are working in. We're probably in agreement about wages and house prices.

If I ever move back to Scotland it will be a commute into Edinburgh so I absolutely see the reasons for doing it; I just think there's a lack of consideration towards those who do prioritise paying to live in these cities and of course, the pollution it causes.

Edited by Taffin

14 hours ago, Smithee said:

They are? I'd be interested in where you're getting this from, not my experience at all.

I've met plenty who didn't like aspects of the EU  but the majority saw the benefits of being in over being out.

You'll not get an answer. Just another new?? unionist troll

Please stay on topic, which is the Queensferry Crossing.  Posts about the SNP, EU, Brexit, etc. do not belong on this thread.

Thanks!

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Please stay on topic, which is the Queensferry Crossing.  Posts about the SNP, EU, Brexit, etc. do not belong on this thread.

Thanks!

I don’t think he had an answer anyway tbh. 

As a previous pro brexit thinker I haven’t heard one single coherent answer for leaving. I’ll admit I was wrong. 

Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thanks!

If only the Scottish MSM could adhere to these rules too. 

13 hours ago, Taffin said:

I think house prices in Edinburgh being very high is over-egged if I'm honest. It's a similar story in many places up and down the UK. Which in itself is shocking, someone working full time should be able to afford to live in the city they are working in. We're probably in agreement about wages and house prices.

If I ever move back to Scotland it will be a commute into Edinburgh so I absolutely see the reasons for doing it; I just think there's a lack of consideration towards those who do prioritise paying to live in these cities and of course, the pollution it causes.

I don't, when we came back we rented a flat right in the centre of falkirk for 400 a month, could have got one for less too.

You won't even get a smile off the receptionist at Scorpio Leisure for that money in Edinburgh.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't, when we came back we rented a flat right in the centre of falkirk for 400 a month, could have got one for less too.

You won't even get a smile off the receptionist at Scorpio Leisure for that money in Edinburgh.

:omg!:

In other bridge news:

Scottish and Irish transport ministers have contacted UK Secretary of State for transport requesting discussions be opened to release the £20 billion funds for the super bridge to Scotland and Ireland administrations so they can decide what it is spent on. Boris has seemingly forgotten that transport is devolved to both countries. 

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, gjcc said:

In other bridge news:

Scottish and Irish transport ministers have contacted UK Secretary of State for transport requesting discussions be opened to release the £20 billion funds for the super bridge to Scotland and Ireland administrations so they can decide what it is spent on. Boris has seemingly forgotten that transport is devolved to both countries. 

The Scotch Unionists on here are strangely quiet about this bridge to NI. 

Me thinks even they can see through Fat Boris’s horseshite. 😁😁😁

On 15/02/2020 at 03:55, Smithee said:

I paid (shared) 700 a month for a two bedroom flat in Newington. I paid 1100 a month for a 2 bedroom flat in Leamington Spa and 600 a month for a 1 bedroom flat in Cardiff.

It's expensive, but no more so than any other desirable places around the country.

On 14/02/2020 at 07:56, Taffin said:

Everyone in Fife and the like could easily car share, train or bus into the city. Or like I suggest pay a congestion charge to offset their disruption and damage to the city. Is the train too expensive? Yes, no disagreement with that but it's a choice people have chosen to make. The more people commute into cities the less jobs there will be in their home towns and the cycle continues. People driving hours in a car by themselves to get to work is a disgrace.

Quoting this one Taff, but I'm actually replying to the three previous posts as one. 

The reason that it works in London is simple. There is an integrated transport system there. Key word that, integrated. Commuters travelling in on big trains from outside can easily connect via tubes and /or buses to where they actually need to go. The general state of public transport in Edinburgh in this regard is woeful. I think that's where you'll find the reason that people would rather drive. It's less stressful, it doesnt take 3 days to get to work, and it's more or less on time

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

The Scotch Unionists on here are strangely quiet about this bridge to NI. 

Me thinks even they can see through Fat Boris’s horseshite. 😁😁😁

Surely nobody believes this? Surely...