Jackie McNamara (NHC )

Selkirkhmfc1874

16 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

From Under 15 upwards, Jackie played with Edina Hibs. We won everything that year, and I mean everything. 

All cups with Edina (including the Scottish cup u-15) and also all school cups with Porty high school.

Jackie and I had a competition going on for top goalscorer. We even kept out the prolific Graeme Soutter as he was a wasteful dick (but good at tennis)

Aye, Jackie had 2 stints with us 10s, 13s and 14s I think. He had 2 stints at Edina and one at Gairdoch I think. Might have the age groups wrong though. I thought he played with us at 11s as well but he is not in any of the photos I've got.

I mind Soutter, we used to slag him when he played for Edina as he was always moaning and greeting, then he came to us for a year, with Jackie maybe and he was actually an alright bloke. Think he was S Forms with Hibs? Mind him being into his tennis!

Did Peter Cormack play in your Porty team? Sure he played in that 7-4 final we got beat in for Tynie High School. Although we played in the same Juvenile year as Jackie, most of us were the year below at school.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordon Zola

• daveydal

• Diadora Van Basten

• Governor Tarkin

16 hours ago, Gordon Zola said:

I don't think Beavers would thank you if you went into detail with that one!

Aye I remember Morley swapping over 87 or 88 I would think?

I vaguely remember a few things, I think I remember him. Remember missing the stop. Remember that North African dude was following us around wanting money. think Val had started to talk to him. Or me lending Val some Guilders so he could go back (mid visit) to one of the ladies of the larger, African persuasion that he had 'befriended'! Never did get those Guilders back!

Aye I played in Jonny's team with Dougie. Enjoyed those games. Did you play in our team or Mikey's team with Troy, Davie Park, Scotty, Kwoz, Tam, Stu, Nicky? James Lewis wisnae the worst player but I know what you mean. Seen Stu Roy recently a couple of times in the Tollcross/Haymarket areas pushing a buggy. Do you ever see him? Seen Gary Petrie up there too.

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw Beveridge tbh, certainly wont be spilling beans on him here 😂

The English guy in the Dam , we met him upstairs in Grasshopper , he took us to that nightclub, Mazzo..anyway

The Moroccan looking dude I remember too 😂 think it was Curtis who sampled his product then the guy ( who had the best fro-glo I remember, kinda 80s perm ) followed us into cafe and sat beside Curtis demanding dosh! We moved table and told Curtis tae sort it! 

I only played the one year for Johnny's team in WH tourney, never seen so much beer consumed before, during and after a game of fitba 😂 Inter Yer ma? Bumped into Paul Cus? Who played with his brothers for ORAS ( Oliver Reed Appreciation Society ) in WH tourney, worked at Royal Infirmary.

Not seen Stu Roy for a while now, like you, bumped into him pushing a buggy, he was working in a Head shop in gorgie, used to be Johnnys amusements. Gary Petrie was looking good the last time I saw him, back to his usual cheeky chappy self 👍

I was gutted when I heard about Stu Allister mate, was on holiday when his funeral took place, only heard about it when I saw Franco afterwards :(

15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye, there were a few that jumped on the bandwagon when it was fashionable for young tearaways to think they were Hibs casuals.

Bar - Ox land has always been Hearts, though. 👍

Aye, a guy I used to work with went mad at me when I said I thought BarOx were Hibs, he is a die hard Jambo! He's nearly 60. He always sings the Bertie Mee BarOx song after a few drams 😄

chester copperpot
18 hours ago, Gordon Zola said:

Aye, Jackie had 2 stints with us 10s, 13s and 14s I think. He had 2 stints at Edina and one at Gairdoch I think. Might have the age groups wrong though. I thought he played with us at 11s as well but he is not in any of the photos I've got.

I mind Soutter, we used to slag him when he played for Edina as he was always moaning and greeting, then he came to us for a year, with Jackie maybe and he was actually an alright bloke. Think he was S Forms with Hibs? Mind him being into his tennis!

Did Peter Cormack play in your Porty team? Sure he played in that 7-4 final we got beat in for Tynie High School. Although we played in the same Juvenile year as Jackie, most of us were the year below at school.

Yeah I was the same. I was the year below Jackie and most of my team mates.

I was actually good mates with Peter Cormack too and went down a couple of times to see him when he was signed by Newcastle United. 

Didnt break in to the first team however watched him captain the reserves and they humped Sunderland 7-0. He played brilliant that day as well. Also met Kevin Keegan. Went out the Saturday night with Andy Cole and I was all star struck haha

jack D and coke
On 18/02/2020 at 20:27, Diadora Van Basten said:

image.jpeg.f8b53ce2eaee279a3091d9b81c9ce583.jpeg

I recognise a few from that. Mark Robertson, Paul Currie, Innes Richie, Malcolm Coyle (dead now RIP) and a couple of others who’s names escape me. I was just slightly too old to play for that team. Coco’s dad ran that one. 
Some good players in there. 

On 23/02/2020 at 13:52, daveydal said:

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw Beveridge tbh, certainly wont be spilling beans on him here 😂

The English guy in the Dam , we met him upstairs in Grasshopper , he took us to that nightclub, Mazzo..anyway

The Moroccan looking dude I remember too 😂 think it was Curtis who sampled his product then the guy ( who had the best fro-glo I remember, kinda 80s perm ) followed us into cafe and sat beside Curtis demanding dosh! We moved table and told Curtis tae sort it! 

I only played the one year for Johnny's team in WH tourney, never seen so much beer consumed before, during and after a game of fitba 😂 Inter Yer ma? Bumped into Paul Cus? Who played with his brothers for ORAS ( Oliver Reed Appreciation Society ) in WH tourney, worked at Royal Infirmary.

Not seen Stu Roy for a while now, like you, bumped into him pushing a buggy, he was working in a Head shop in gorgie, used to be Johnnys amusements. Gary Petrie was looking good the last time I saw him, back to his usual cheeky chappy self 👍

I was gutted when I heard about Stu Allister mate, was on holiday when his funeral took place, only heard about it when I saw Franco afterwards :(

Aye, Cussey mind their team ORAS, they hated a drink! You doing the driving for the NHS? Scott said you were.

Is that head shop ever open? Always looks closed when I see it, always wondered what it was!

Aye wee Gary back to his normal self. Did he play in your Salvy team or the one below?

Unbelievable about Stu mate, 2 pre school kids as well, madness 😢

On 24/02/2020 at 07:57, chester copperpot said:

I was actually good mates with Peter Cormack too and went down a couple of times to see him when he was signed by Newcastle United. 

Didnt break in to the first team however watched him captain the reserves and they humped Sunderland 7-0. He played brilliant that day as well. Also met Kevin Keegan. Went out the Saturday night with Andy Cole and I was all star struck haha

Haha that would have been a good night.

Good guy Peter.

Mind playing against him at Under 10s/11s at Holyrood, he played for Cavalry Park I think. Was running through 40 yards out, certain goal, when he swiped my legs from me. Not a dirty foul but a professional one. Got up and pushed him, the ref sent me off! 10 year old! Not sure if he got sent off. I was gutted. Got a letter through the post from the SFA (GFA) equivalent at youth football which asked if I wanted to write a letter in defence of myself, to explain my actions. I drafted a great letter, saying how it wasn't my fault and sent it away waiting for them to write back saying I was let off. No chance! Bassas gave me a 3 match ban and a £7.50 fine! Couldn't believe it. I was very disappointed in the system.

On 24/02/2020 at 08:34, jack D and coke said:

I recognise a few from that. Mark Robertson, Paul Currie, Innes Richie, Malcolm Coyle (dead now RIP) and a couple of others who’s names escape me. I was just slightly too old to play for that team. Coco’s dad ran that one. 
Some good players in there. 

Mind Coco's dad, sure he had a tache and was always angry!

Gary Ormiston, Bernie, Affy, Hoggy, Brian, Jason Davidson, Yanos. Had a few good battles over the years. Could you play for Mussie Windsor if you were a Celtic fan?

I'm sure Malcolm ended up at Hutchie later, played with him in a select team, lovely guy. Was very shocked and saddened when I heard he had passed away (rip).

Edited by Gordon Zola

On 24/02/2020 at 08:57, chester copperpot said:

I was actually good mates with Peter Cormack too and went down a couple of times to see him when he was signed by Newcastle United. 

When I first read that, I thought ‘Chester surely isn’t over 70’?  

Then I remembered that Peter Cormack had a son with the same name.  :lol: 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

Mind Coco's dad, sure he had a tache and was always angry!

Gary Ormiston, Bernie, Affy, Hoggy, Brian, Jason Davidson, Yanos. Had a few good battles over the years. Could you play for Mussie Windsor if you were a Celtic fan?

I'm sure Malcolm ended up at Hutchie later, played with him in a select team, lovely guy. Was very shocked and saddened when I heard he had passed away (rip).

Aye Shug McDonald had white hair and white tash. Never noticed Andrew Hogg next to Malcom there lol. All in my year at school but way my birthday fell I played year above that. Malcom Coyle did go to Hutchie I think, he was a good player, most of that team were tbh. Still see a couple of them kicking about now and again. 
Who’s the wee blonde dude in the front row? Can’t remember his name..left footed player wasn’t he? 

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

When I first read that, I thought ‘Chester surely isn’t over 70’?  

Then I remembered that Peter Cormack had a son with the same name.  :lol: 

Yes it was most definitely the laddie. 

On 24/02/2020 at 07:57, chester copperpot said:

Used to work with Pete.  Genuinely top lad, used to crack me up on a daily basis.  

23 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye Shug McDonald had white hair and white tash. Never noticed Andrew Hogg next to Malcom there lol. All in my year at school but way my birthday fell I played year above that. Malcom Coyle did go to Hutchie I think, he was a good player, most of that team were tbh. Still see a couple of them kicking about now and again. 
Who’s the wee blonde dude in the front row? Can’t remember his name..left footed player wasn’t he? 

Jason Davidson, tricky left midfielder/winger, good left foot, had a bit of pace too. 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Gordon Zola said:

Jason Davidson, tricky left midfielder/winger, good left foot, had a bit of pace too. 

That’s him aye👍🏼

On 26/02/2020 at 17:47, Gordon Zola said:

Aye, Cussey mind their team ORAS, they hated a drink! You doing the driving for the NHS? Scott said you were.

Is that head shop ever open? Always looks closed when I see it, always wondered what it was!

Aye wee Gary back to his normal self. Did he play in your Salvy team or the one below?

Unbelievable about Stu mate, 2 pre school kids as well, madness 😢

ORAS were top notch, I mustve played in Johnny's team with you then that year? All gets a bit hazy in mid 40s chief 😄

I wondered wtf that shop was too tbh, it was bumping into Stu in Gregg's ( nothing to do with transfer rumours ) that I found out what it was...Gallery 710 or some bollocks, never seen it open for months if ever.

Gary Petrie was a good few years younger than me buddy, not sure what Salvie team he was in...damn good player too, had trials lined up with a few good clubs but just couldnt be arsed..His good mate at Tynie was Stevie Ferguson who is now joint manager at Ross County! They both loved a Mars bar and can o coke in the morning 🤣🤣 

Nah, I left the NHS around 4 years ago, done 21 years there buddy and had my fill of the place.. I went self employed,  got a van and dangerous goods license and now I deliver into radiopharmacy and nuclear medicine depts in hospitals.. shouldve done it years ago buddy..

What are you up to these days?

Hows the wee yin?

Diadora Van Basten

Heard Simon Donnelly on off the ball say that Jackie was Now home and had a Chinese on Friday night.

Gordon Zola
On 01/03/2020 at 16:14, Diadora Van Basten said:

Heard Simon Donnelly on off the ball say that Jackie was Now home and had a Chinese on Friday night.

Brilliant news

On 01/03/2020 at 16:14, Diadora Van Basten said:

Juat need to keep Novikovas away from his street and everything should be fine.

(great news, sounds positive)