Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordon Zola

• daveydal

• Diadora Van Basten

• Governor Tarkin

Heartbreaking. 

Hope he pulls through. Thoughts are with his wife and kids 

Edited by Restonbabe

Hope everything ends up ok.Had a few mates that were pals with Jackie and although I couldn't class him as mate myself always came across well when I met him.

Edited by vegas-voss

All roads lead to Gorgie

Best of luck to Jackie. I am sure he is getting the best medical attention right now and hopefully that will lead to a full recovery.

Was in the same Salveson BC team with Jackie, he was streets above everyone at 10 yrs old, played up front, scored a barrowload.

Thoughts with him and his family

Have met him a few times and he's always came across as a really nice guy.  Fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

13 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Dreadful news.

Hope he’s ok, one of few Celtic players who I’ve never had a grumble about.

Totally agree, him and tommy burns. Hope he pulls through.

Met Jackie on a few occasions. Really nice guy. Always had time to talk. 

Was shocked when I heard of this horrible news. 

Thoughts with his family and friends. Get well soon

Edited by copa-mundial

chester copperpot
51 minutes ago, daveydal said:

Was in the same Salveson BC team with Jackie, he was streets above everyone at 10 yrs old, played up front, scored a barrowload.

Played with Jackie at school and for Edina under 15's. We won the Scottish cup that year and still regard him as a friend even now.

Not been in touch with him for a few years now but this news has been pretty devastating.

Fingers crossed he pulls through and makes a recovery. My dad suffered an aneurysm a few years back and it's a long road to recovery but I'll keep everything crossed for him. Thoughts are with him

Diadora Van Basten

Me and Jackie were the new boys at Dunfermline on his first day. Went through in the same car and sat together on the YTS mini bus on the way to the training ground. He went onto great things I jacked it in couple of days later but was still very proud of my claim to fame.

Horrible to think this could happen to him and hope he is ok for him and his family’s sake.

My wife knows him and his family, including Jackie Snr, very, very well. I hope to God he pulls through.  Far too young with a young family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Jackie for a full recovery. All the football world in Scotland will be pulling for you. 

I knew his dad when he ran Derby’s pub with Ralph Callachan (now The Laich) in Chesser. Great guy and such a tragedy to befall on someone so young

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Same age as me but but was in the year above at school so was more friends with my big brother, makes you think though.

One of the nice guys, hope he pulls through.

A nice, genuine guy. 

I chatted to him a few times in the Musselburgh area. Open and honest re his highs and lows.

Hopefully he'll be as good as new sharpish.

N Lincs Jambo

20 years ago a bleed on the brain would most likely not be survived. However medical science has improved massively. Sounds like what SAF had a few years ago. Thoughts with Jackie and his family and really hoping he pulls through.

17 minutes ago, Crete said:

Get well soon Jackie from everyone on kickback.

Totally agree get well soon Jackie 🤞👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

4 hours ago, daveydal said:

You'll know my boy then played in the same team..hopefully Jackie pulls through this nightmare used to play golf with his dad and Ralph Callachan