Stendel and Sievers abenteuer!!

davemclaren

Just now, John Findlay said:

My German is very rusty nowadays. What does it say?

'Edinburgh is very nice'

'The football is pish'

Daniel Stendel and Jörg Sievers - "Adventure" relegation battle in Scotland

They once played together at Hannover 96 - today Daniel Stendel and Jörg Sievers train the Hearts of Midlothian in the Scottish Premier League and fight for relegation.

Edited by Dannie Boy

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Hearts of Midlothian.  Usual error.

Also 'Stendal' and 'Seviers' in the thread title :whistling:

The Treasurer
28 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

They once played together at Hannover 96 - today Daniel Stendel and Jörg Sievers train the Hearts of Midlothian in the Scottish Premier League and fight for relegation.

I'd prefer it if they were to fight to AVOID relegation

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Hopefully that wasn't lost in translation during the interview or we have a manager thinking we want to be relegated 😂😂

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Hearts of Midlothian.  Usual error.

That silly lass on the radio called us that as well, like 3 times. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Lovecraft said:

Uche even falling over in training.

:jj_facepalm:

Uche should go in goals, likes a dive. 

Jp should go on the middle of the park, great first touch and can pick a pass. 

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can somebody contact Morelos’ agent and get him to put a translation on that video?

:D

16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'd prefer it if they were to fight to AVOID relegation

Google translated, could be wrong🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can somebody contact Morelos’ agent and get him to put a translation on that video?

To be fair, their German is probably as good as their Spanish.

Under the floodlight

5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1

Dank.

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

My German is very rusty nowadays. What does it say?

I'm no expert but it doesn't look like he makes much more sense in German than he does in English.

Selkirk_Jambo

Nothing really ground breaking. New adventure in Scotland for both of them, we're a club of great potential, highlighting the win over Rangers, still living in hotels (although I'm fairly sure they said motels 😂), family back in Hannover. 

A bit of a fluff piece really. 

Edited by Selkirk_Jambo

1 hour ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Nothing really ground breaking. New adventure in Scotland for both of them, we're a club of great potential, highlighting the win over Rangers, still living in hotels (although I'm fairly sure they said motels 😂), family back in Hannover. 

A bit of a fluff piece really. 

Sorry, thought it might be of some interest. 😄

I think it’s clear that people in and around Hannover will have greater knowledge about Hearts now. More down to Colt joining us, as he is a cult figure there. 

Selkirk_Jambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sorry, thought it might be of some interest. 😄

I think it’s clear that people in and around Hannover will have greater knowledge about Hearts now. More down to Colt joining us, as he is a cult figure there. 

I was only referring to the subject matter as fluff. Its nothing we haven't already heard from the variety of interviews we've had from DS and JS. Good introduction for the Germans who might have no clue who either of them or Hearts are though  😂

It's definitely interesting if for no other reason than that Das Erste is a national TV channel in Germany. Pretty much their BBC One. Definitely a good profile builder. 

N Lincs Jambo

Ok here goes. Stendel’s Scottish adventure. Main points as follows:

Reporter, Hearts are a club with tradition.

Aided and abetted by his old mucker Joerg Sievers, cup winner with Hannover 96 in 1992. Managed to persuade him to come over and have a new challenge.

DS quite surprised when he arrived to see the size and the potential of the club, a potential they’re not currently achieving.

JS could have stayed even longer than the 30 years he’d already been at Hannover but needed a new challenge. He knows how DS and how he likes to play football, Scotland is a lovely country and Hearts are a great club.

A bit after that about Edinburgh being a great place and a tourist magnet then talking about our current situation, ie bottom of the league, threatened with relegation and new players urgently needed.

You then have the match day press conference. Barry Anderson quoted as saying he’s made a good impression, has had tough decisions to make, has made them quickly and the supporters, by and large, are on board.

Then the first league victory over Rangers ( I’ll leave out the bumming them up bit). They hope this is the start of them turning things around and that they will be able to stay longer. Edinburgh suits them.

Finally a bit of time to check out the Old Town - they’ve had no time for sightseeing. Both of them are currently living in a hotel and their families are back in Hannover.

DS makes light of that by saying there’s direct flights to Hannover so not really a problem. Reporter talking about the adventure (JS’s word btw from earlier in the piece) of 2 Germans in Scotland.

Don’t know why but the video stops but there’s apparently 45 seconds left but that does appear to be the end of the piece.

Disclaimer - this is NOT a translation, just an interpretation of the main points of the piece. Overall very positive imo.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That silly lass on the radio called us that as well, like 3 times. 

The BBC quite regularly call them Livingstone in match reports, or especially when they show the football results on the news. 

Expect nothing less from the Weegie media. :(

Edited by tian447

9 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Ok here goes. Stendel’s Scottish adventure. Main points as follows:

Reporter, Hearts are a club with tradition.

Aided and abetted by his old mucker Joerg Sievers, cup winner with Hannover 96 in 1992. Managed to persuade him to come over and have a new challenge.

DS quite surprised when he arrived to see the size and the potential of the club, a potential they’re not currently achieving.

JS could have stayed even longer than the 30 years he’d already been at Hannover but needed a new challenge. He knows how DS and how he likes to play football, Scotland is a lovely country and Hearts are a great club.

A bit after that about Edinburgh being a great place and a tourist magnet then talking about our current situation, ie bottom of the league, threatened with relegation and new players urgently needed.

You then have the match day press conference. Barry Anderson quoted as saying he’s made a good impression, has had tough decisions to make, has made them quickly and the supporters, by and large, are on board.

Then the first league victory over Rangers ( I’ll leave out the bumming them up bit). They hope this is the start of them turning things around and that they will be able to stay longer. Edinburgh suits them.

Finally a bit of time to check out the Old Town - they’ve had no time for sightseeing. Both of them are currently living in a hotel and their families are back in Hannover.

DS makes light of that by saying there’s direct flights to Hannover so not really a problem. Reporter talking about the adventure (JS’s word btw from earlier in the piece) of 2 Germans in Scotland.

Don’t know why but the video stops but there’s apparently 45 seconds left but that does appear to be the end of the piece.

Disclaimer - this is NOT a translation, just an interpretation of the main points of the piece. Overall very positive imo.

Good summary. Followed most of it myself but a couple of bits I wasn't too sure about. Spot on though. 

14 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

I understood most of it until Barry Anderson started speaking, **** knows what he was saying!

I really loved the 'typisch Deutsch' part.

He's a typical German. 🙄

10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sent the link to some of my German cousins. They’d already seen it on tv.

Good bit of exposure for Hearts.

What’s the chances we have a pre season tour of Germany this year? 🍺🇩🇪

Ex member of the SaS
14 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'm no expert but it doesn't look like he makes much more sense in German than he does in English.

I get the impression he is trying to think and speak in English and his translations are not good.Good sign that he appears to be abandoning German as his first language.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What’s the chances we have a pre season tour of Germany this year? 🍺🇩🇪

That would be interesting. Must be a possibility.