Naismith wants to play for Scotland ( edited)

Ex member of the SaS

Ainsley Harriott
16 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Reports he hopes to have planted a seed in Clarke's head and will get picked for Scotland.

Personally think he should concentrate on playing for Hearts. He has his 50th cap and should call it a day especially as he is injury prone.

Agree hes missed most of the season for us. Should keep himself fit and remember who pays his wages.

I'm not a fan of the national team at all, but I get why Scotland fans like him, and why he wants to play for his country.

He's got the potential to be one of the first players in a generation to play in a major finals, and after this summer, will never get that opportunity. How any of us can deny him of that at all is beyond me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely excellent against Rangers and Airdrie and suddenly he’s not playing at his best? I’ve been critical and negative recently, but I honestly can’t believe that anyone has judged any player, based on that Falkirk match!

We have also played against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock where I don't think he was at his best.

Like Souttar,  probably too many matches in rapid succession off injury. 

Valid critique,  seen him play an awful lot better,  particularly his touch, weight of pass.

4 hours ago, Locky said:

I'm not a fan of the national team at all, but I get why Scotland fans like him, and why he wants to play for his country.

He's got the potential to be one of the first players in a generation to play in a major finals, and after this summer, will never get that opportunity. How any of us can deny him of that at all is beyond me.

If it came to a choice of Hearts being relegated or Scotland failing to qualify for a major championship AGAIN I know which one I’d go for!

HHGH ❤️

19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If it came to a choice of Hearts being relegated or Scotland failing to qualify for a major championship AGAIN I know which one I’d go for!

HHGH ❤️

I know too, but we're fans. Naismith isn't a fan.

Naismiths attitude is 100% spot on. Having lads that actually want to play for the national side rather than the likes of Brown who chucked it once he got his 50.

Given the volume of games available for national caps, I really think they should be upping it a bit. 50 caps for a side thats not seen competition football since 1998 isn't much of an achievement. Hall of fame suggests .. well fame. So some sort of achievement should be required to gain entry - milestone goals, or actually qualifying for the tournament would be worthy of entry IMO. 

Giving it for quite literally turning up a very achievable amount of times isn't anything special IMO. Its like a glorified participation 'medal'. 

Noticed when he scored v Sevco his celebration was low key. Must have been out of respect for his former club. Fair enough as some blacken their name with former fans aka Elvis chest pumping. 

Handofgod2015
On 10/02/2020 at 15:05, Ex member of the SaS said:

Reports he hopes to have planted a seed in Clarke's head and will get picked for Scotland.

Personally think he should concentrate on playing for Hearts. He has his 50th cap and should call it a day especially as he is injury prone.

What’s wrong with that? It’s about time the nation actually supported the national team. This pish about playing for your club and rejecting the national team is nonsense.

Good on him for still being in the mix and having the desire to keep going.

Your country should retire you, not the other way about